Offline Oami

• View Profile
Re: Flat earth map is wrong
« Reply #20 on: May 21, 2017, 11:54:03 PM »
There is really no flat earth map. The only so-called flat earth map (the one with the "ice ring") is actually the Azimuthal Equidistant Projection (of the globe).  Like most projections, there is distortion in some areas.The AEP is distorted south of the equator.

Not only south of equator but anywhere except the vicinity of the north pole – although in the northern areas the distortion is not very dramatic.

The relation between the length of the equator and its distance from the north pole is 2π=6.283 on a flat map but only slightly more than 4 on a globe (if the globe were a perfect sphere, it would obviously be exactly 4). Even this is a difference remarkable enough so that it could be measured with today's technology.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2017, 11:55:43 PM by Oami »

Offline TomInAustin

• Round Duh
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 22, 2017, 03:32:53 PM »

Since you like getting your education from YouTube here is one from a pilot explaining just why that would be.

I'm really just looking for answers.

You're out of luck.  There are no answers here.  Only a painfully sparse wiki and FAQ that provide very little information.
Do you have a citation for this sweeping generalisation?

Offline juner

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 23, 2017, 03:12:17 PM »
I think Flat earth map isn't wrong

Hi there. It seems that your only goal is to advertise your website where you are trying to sell crap. You haven't contributed anything. I will be removing your posts. You are welcome to remove your store link from your signature and participate in the forum. If you continue to try to just shill your crapware, it will result in a ban.

« Reply #23 on: February 27, 2018, 03:57:26 PM »
So i have just read all of this and i still dont have a definitive understanding on how the flight paths work.. between australia and south america...  ??? ??? ??? can i have more info and also as a newbee why do we advocate the flat earth and debunk the round earthers but yet they are the only ones that can supply a true map of the earth or at least a satellite image that we say is not true... why dont we provide them with the true satellite image of the word being flat...   

« Reply #24 on: February 27, 2018, 05:50:59 PM »
So i have just read all of this and i still dont have a definitive understanding on how the flight paths work.. between australia and south america...  ??? ??? ??? can i have more info and also as a newbee why do we advocate the flat earth and debunk the round earthers but yet they are the only ones that can supply a true map of the earth or at least a satellite image that we say is not true... why dont we provide them with the true satellite image of the word being flat...

I'd start out by saying I don't believe the earth is flat.

But the answer to your question is because, simply, there is no map of a flat earth which corresponds to the world you see around you. No-one in the FE community seems particularly interested in building a model of how the world works which ties in with actual, observable data - such as distances between places, flight times, the shape of places, countries, islands, the length of the day and direction the sun appears to be at any given time of the day etc.

Which is strange because if the world was flat, then creating a map of it would be simple, from a cartographical perspective.

Problems arise when you try and project a 2D image onto a 3D surface, or vice versa. This is why all maps of a spherical earth, when viewed on a bit of paper or a screen, are distorted. Look at Google Maps - countries closer to the poles are stretched and appear far greater in area than they are in reality.  Similarly the map on this website of the flat earth is hugely distorted - Australia is stretched out very thin, for example.

If you want an example that's easier to envisage, imagine taking a square bit of paper and wrapping it around an orange. By the time you get to the back, the paper is all crumpled up and distorted. Similarly if you tried to peel the orange and form a flat image, you wouldn't be able to. Gaps would appear where the peel has been split open and laid out flat - or you would have to stretch the skin to make it work.

The only time a map of the world actually appears to correspond with reality is when it is projected onto the outside of a sphere.  Then, it ties in with things like flight times.

Now, what does this tell us about the shape of the earth?

« Reply #25 on: February 28, 2018, 04:55:33 AM »
yes everything about FE community is bases on speculation... so if the rest of the world has made the effort of hoaxing picture of the round earth.. hoax satilites... hoax flight times and flight paths... how is it that the FE cant provide visible evidence.. nothing can the proven.. but yet we must believe... so then where is the so called dome.. where does it end or do u say that if i want to reach the end of the Flat earth its impossible as it goes on to infinity... i really hope thats not the answer because then the dome theory falls out the buss.. and how hight the dome... if you all say there is no satellites how do u measure the how high the dome is... really nothing i read or listen to has any real basis to prove it on .... 

« Reply #26 on: March 02, 2018, 10:10:22 AM »
so strange that we dont see evidence of the flat earth

Offline juner

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 02, 2018, 03:18:39 PM »

You decided to double post just to add absolutely nothing to the topic? Please don't do that. Warned.

Offline Frocious

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 05, 2018, 09:18:57 PM »

The "flight path" question has been successfully ignored in several different threads recently. I would not expect an answer anytime soon.

It does bring up another question, though: How is it that not having an answer to such a simple question is acceptable to a believer in FET? Flights between Australia and South Africa happen on an almost daily basis. They arrive on-time.

No one wants to answer the actual question regarding flight paths and times, but perhaps someone can clue me in on the thought process here.

Offline despat

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 25, 2018, 05:07:44 AM »

Here you go.

It's a 7 year long research done by many scientists to find the real shape of our earth. They're either all very good liars or we actually live on a flat earth where  BIGGER LIERS  have constructed a false "Global" reality to hid something from us.  I wouldn't be surpised, ONE BIG LIE (Moon landing) and all the puffed up pride  has just led to series of lies that have gone too far (that's it's not funny anymore). 

Offline Tumeni

• View Profile
« Reply #30 on: April 25, 2018, 07:26:40 AM »
Here you go.
VID

It's a 7 year long research done by many scientists to find the real shape of our earth.

There's no proof they are or were "scientists". No statement of qualifications, no indication of what work they've done, etc.

They're either all very good liars or we actually live on a flat earth where  BIGGER LIERS  have constructed a false "Global" reality to hid something from us.  I wouldn't be surpised, ONE BIG LIE (Moon landing) and all the puffed up pride  has just led to series of lies that have gone too far (that's it's not funny anymore).

It's a mockumentary. A Spinal Tap for flat-earthers.

A bunch of high-profile FEers on YouTube mirrored it on the day of release, and within a couple of days, they'd pulled it because they realised they'd been had.

Look on YouTube. Not hard to find retractions and backpedalling.

It supposedly took 7 years to make, but nobody ages during this.
At one point, they claim a reading of 15 km, but this is voiced over a display which shows 1.5km
It even has a Cast List in the end credits, and most of the cast seem to be the extended family of the lead role.
The lead role has intitials 'UFO'
Googling provides NO data for any of the cast, apart from the 'Music Critic' listed. Wouldn't you expect SOMETHING about them, IF they were real scientists ...?
« Last Edit: April 25, 2018, 07:32:24 AM by Tumeni »
=============================
Not Flat. Happy to prove this, if you ask me.
=============================

Nearly all flat earthers agree the earth is not a globe.

Nearly?

Offline StinkyOne

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 25, 2018, 12:09:46 PM »

Here you go.

It's a 7 year long research done by many scientists to find the real shape of our earth. They're either all very good liars or we actually live on a flat earth where  BIGGER LIERS  have constructed a false "Global" reality to hid something from us.  I wouldn't be surpised, ONE BIG LIE (Moon landing) and all the puffed up pride  has just led to series of lies that have gone too far (that's it's not funny anymore).

You should watch his video where he shatters a plate with his mind. He was visited by aliens when he was a kid and now has super-powers. OR...he is charlatan making a quick buck off the gullible. Typical FEer, believe anything that agrees with your POV without investing any time to see if it is factually accurate.
I saw a video where a pilot was flying above the sun.
-Terry50

« Reply #32 on: April 27, 2018, 10:50:44 PM »
You also need to understand that flight paths are changed depending on weather, geopolitical situations, ect.  Right now it probably isn’t safe to have passenger planes traveling near the border of Pakistan, India and Afghanistan.  A route over the Indian Ocean is much safer and doesn’t increase the travel time much.