Offline stack

• View Profile
Re: Trump
« Reply #6340 on: October 01, 2020, 10:44:31 PM »
Do you even read or watch the idiotic, racist content that you spew? Here is a quote from that video:

"Prop 16 would allow public agencies such as local governments and state universities to consider race, gender and ethnicity as factors in hiring, contracting and admissions."

Yep, deleting Civil Rights protections would allow the government to hire based on race and universities to admit based on race. That's a bad thing, FYI. The law before that, which they are erasing, said that all races were equal.

All races are equal = Good Republican position

Some races better than others = Bad racist Democrat position

You are merely here promoting racism, admitting that this is a racist proposition.

"Proposition 16 amends the California Constitution by repealing Section 31 of Article I, the section added by Prop 209. This would allow public agencies to reinstate affirmative action policies that attempt to support members of disadvantaged or underrepresented groups that have previously suffered discrimination in areas such as education, employment, and housing.[13] Since the passage of Proposition 209, there have been several legislative attempts to revise the application of its provisions, most notably California Senate Constitutional Amendment No. 5 which was shelved due to strong opposition, mainly from Asian Americans."
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2020_California_Proposition_16

Yes, when I think of the Good Republican positions the first thing that really jumps out in front of everything else is their undaunted support of racial equality. ::) The funniest thing I've heard in a while. Thanks for the laugh. I think you should go back to defending the Proud Boys, seems more your speed than interpreting proposed legislation.

Offline Tom Bishop

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Flat Earth Believer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6341 on: October 01, 2020, 10:50:09 PM »
Affirmative action is racism.

Trying to populate schools based on a certain race rather than academic merit = racism

Hiring based on race rather than merit = racism

If you are preferring one race over another it's racism. Get out of here with your racist stuff. It's not good to eliminate Civil Rights protections so the government can hire based on race. That's bad, and racist.

Offline honk

• resident goose
    • View Profile
« Reply #6342 on: October 01, 2020, 11:01:30 PM »
I don't think we need to debate affirmative action in this thread. Let's get back on topic.

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/10/01/trump-letter-food-aid-boxes-424230

Trump is bad.
ur retartet but u donut even no it and i walnut tell u y

Offline stack

• View Profile
« Reply #6343 on: October 01, 2020, 11:03:32 PM »

Trying to populate schools based on a certain race rather than academic merit = racism

If you are preferring one race over another it's racism. Get out of here with your racist stuff. It's not good to eliminate Civil Rights protections so the government can hire based on race. That's bad, and racist.

Whatever you say Tom. Your world is very black and white. The real world is much more gray and nuanced.

Offline Tom Bishop

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Flat Earth Believer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6344 on: October 01, 2020, 11:30:44 PM »

Whatever you say Tom. Your world is very black and white. The real world is much more gray and nuanced.

That's what I thought. You justify racism and the elimination of California's Civil Rights protections by saying that "the real world is much more grey an nuanced." What BS. All races should be treated equally. Repealing of Civil Rights protections and adding nothing in its place to the California Constitution is abhorrent, reverses the efforts of the Civil Rights movement, and does not provide guidance or structure for this goal of hiring or admitting by race. We should just "trust" them.

The Democrat's repealing of California's Civil Rights protections is just the latest in a long list of immorality.

THE INCONVENIENT TRUTH ABOUT THE DEMOCRATIC PARTY
Professor Carol Swain

"When you think about racial equality and civil rights, which political party comes to mind? The Republicans? Or, the Democrats? Most people would probably say the Democrats. But this answer is incorrect.

Since its founding in 1829, the Democratic Party has fought against every major civil rights initiative, and has a long history of discrimination.

The Democratic Party defended slavery, started the Civil War, opposed Reconstruction, founded the Ku Klux Klan, imposed segregation, perpetrated lynchings, and fought against the civil rights acts of the 1950s and 1960s.

In contrast, the Republican Party was founded in 1854 as an anti-slavery party. Its mission was to stop the spread of slavery into the new western territories with the aim of abolishing it entirely. This effort, however, was dealt a major blow by the Supreme Court. In the 1857 case Dred Scott v. Sandford, the court ruled that slaves aren’t citizens; they’re property. The seven justices who voted in favor of slavery? All Democrats. The two justices who dissented? Both Republicans.

The slavery question was, of course, ultimately resolved by a bloody civil war. The commander- n-chief during that war was the first Republican President, Abraham Lincoln - the man who freed the slaves.

Six days after the Confederate army surrendered, John Wilkes Booth, a Democrat, assassinated President Lincoln. Lincoln’s vice president, a Democrat named Andrew Johnson, assumed the presidency. But Johnson adamantly opposed Lincoln’s plan to integrate the newly freed slaves into the South’s economic and social order.

Johnson and the Democratic Party were unified in their opposition to the 13th Amendment, which abolished slavery; the 14th Amendment, which gave blacks citizenship; and the 15th Amendment, which gave blacks the vote. All three passed only because of universal Republican support.

During the era of Reconstruction, federal troops stationed in the south helped secure rights for the newly freed slaves. Hundreds of black men were elected to southern state legislatures as Republicans, and 22 black Republicans served in the US Congress by 1900. The Democrats did not elect a black man to Congress until 1935.

But after Reconstruction ended, when the federal troops went home, Democrats roared back into power in the South. They quickly reestablished white supremacy across the region with measures like black codes - laws that restricted the ability of blacks to own property and run businesses. And they imposed poll taxes and literacy tests, used to subvert the black citizen’s right to vote.

And how was all of this enforced? By terror -- much of it instigated by the Ku Klux Klan, founded by a Democrat, Nathan Bedford Forrest.

As historian Eric Foner - himself a Democrat - notes: “In effect, the Klan was a military force serving the interests of the Democratic Party." President Woodrow Wilson, a Democrat, shared many views with the Klan. He re-segregated many federal agencies, and even screened the first movie ever played at the White House - the racist film “The Birth of a Nation," originally entitled “The Clansman."

A few decades later, the only serious congressional opposition to the landmark Civil Rights Act of 1964 came from Democrats.

Eighty percent of Republicans in Congress supported the bill. Less than 70 percent of Democrats did. Democratic senators filibustered the bill for 75 days, until Republicans mustered the few extra votes needed to break the logjam.

And when all of their efforts to enslave blacks, keep them enslaved, and then keep them from voting had failed, the Democrats came up with a new strategy: If black people are going to vote, they might as well vote for Democrats. As President Lyndon Johnson was purported to have said about the Civil Rights Act, “I’ll have them n*****s voting Democrat for two hundred years.”

So now, the Democratic Party prospers on the votes of the very people it has spent much of its history oppressing.

Democrats falsely claim that the Republican Party is the villain, when in reality it’s the failed policies of the Democratic Party that have kept blacks down. Massive government welfare has decimated the black family. Opposition to school choice has kept them trapped in failing schools. Politically correct policing has left black neighborhoods defenseless against violent crime.

So, when you think about racial equality and civil rights, which political party should come to mind?

I’m Carol Swain, professor of political science and law at Vanderbilt University, for Prager University."
« Last Edit: October 02, 2020, 12:15:01 AM by Tom Bishop »

Rama Set

« Reply #6345 on: October 01, 2020, 11:47:26 PM »
Maybe you should start your own “dems bad” thread instead of derailing this one.

Rama Set

« Reply #6346 on: October 02, 2020, 05:19:34 AM »

Offline AATW

• View Profile
« Reply #6347 on: October 02, 2020, 06:26:51 AM »
Just hope he’s taking enough bleach for it.

“It’s one person coming in from China. We have it under control. It’s going to be just fine.”

“When you have 15 people … within a couple of days it’s going to be down to close to zero. That’s a pretty good job we’ve done.”

You were saying, Donald?
Tom: "Claiming incredulity is a pretty bad argument. Calling it "insane" or "ridiculous" is not a good argument at all."

TFES Wiki Occam's Razor page, by Tom: "What's the simplest explanation; that NASA has successfully designed and invented never before seen rocket technologies from scratch which can accelerate 100 tons of matter to an escape velocity of 7 miles per second"

Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6348 on: October 02, 2020, 07:19:56 AM »
I know you're joking, but it actually doesn't sound that far-fetched that he might start taking Mystery Pills for it and worsening his condition. I hope he's receiving proper medical attention.
Read the FAQ before asking your question - chances are we already addressed it.
Follow the Flat Earth Society on Twitter and Facebook!

If we are not speculating then we must assume

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6349 on: October 02, 2020, 08:59:30 AM »
I know you're joking, but it actually doesn't sound that far-fetched that he might start taking Mystery Pills for it and worsening his condition. I hope he's receiving proper medical attention.
Well, he was taking hydroxychloroquine and bought so much of it so, I mean, how did he even get sick? XD
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

Offline AATW

• View Profile
« Reply #6350 on: October 02, 2020, 09:35:14 AM »
Well, he was taking hydroxychloroquine and bought so much of it so, I mean, how did he even get sick? XD
Not enough orange juice, maybe? Or is that for cancer. I lose track to be honest.
Tom: "Claiming incredulity is a pretty bad argument. Calling it "insane" or "ridiculous" is not a good argument at all."

TFES Wiki Occam's Razor page, by Tom: "What's the simplest explanation; that NASA has successfully designed and invented never before seen rocket technologies from scratch which can accelerate 100 tons of matter to an escape velocity of 7 miles per second"

Offline Tumeni

• View Profile
« Reply #6351 on: October 02, 2020, 11:53:06 AM »
Lots of speculation around that DJT could just be bluffing to duck out of subsequent debates with Biden.
=============================
Not Flat. Happy to prove this, if you ask me.
=============================

Nearly all flat earthers agree the earth is not a globe.

Nearly?

Rama Set

« Reply #6352 on: October 02, 2020, 12:47:18 PM »
Lots of speculation around that DJT could just be bluffing to duck out of subsequent debates with Biden.

Social media is a hell of a drug. Is anyone credible saying that? Trump getting COVID after all the rallies he has been attending without wearing a mask this infection shouldn’t be a surprise.

Incidentally, the mortality rate for Trump’s age and weight is around 20%. 20%... 2020... Spooooooky. 

Offline Roundy

• Abdicator of the Zetetic Council
    • View Profile
« Reply #6353 on: October 02, 2020, 01:06:54 PM »
Hopefully it just kills him before the election and problem solved.
Dr. Frank is a physicist. He says it's impossible. So it's impossible.
My friends, please remember Tom said this the next time you fall into the trap of engaging him, and thank you. :)

Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6354 on: October 02, 2020, 01:08:58 PM »
I dunno, it might hurt Joe Biden's polling among people who are still on the Pence.

I mean fence. Haha, crazy typo.
Read the FAQ before asking your question - chances are we already addressed it.
Follow the Flat Earth Society on Twitter and Facebook!

If we are not speculating then we must assume

Offline timterroo

• domo arigato gozaimashita
    • View Profile
« Reply #6355 on: October 02, 2020, 01:17:09 PM »

Social media is a hell of a drug. Is anyone credible saying that? Trump getting COVID after all the rallies he has been attending without wearing a mask this infection shouldn’t be a surprise.

Incidentally, the mortality rate for Trump’s age and weight is around 20%. 20%... 2020... Spooooooky.

It's all over the news this morning, so it's more than just Trump rattling off his ass, but I can't help but think it's some kind of underhanded trickery with some crazy agenda.
"noche te ipsum"

"If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough."  - Albert Einstein

Offline Roundy

• View Profile
« Reply #6356 on: October 02, 2020, 01:42:16 PM »

Nice of him to debunk his pet drug's efficacy as a preventative measure all by himself.

I dunno, it might hurt Joe Biden's polling among people who are still on the Pence.

I mean fence. Haha, crazy typo.

Yeah, you accidentally capitalized it and everything, crazy.
My friends, please remember Tom said this the next time you fall into the trap of engaging him, and thank you. :)

Rama Set

« Reply #6357 on: October 02, 2020, 01:49:39 PM »

It's all over the news this morning, so it's more than just Trump rattling off his ass, but I can't help but think it's some kind of underhanded trickery with some crazy agenda.

If there is trickery it would probably be to avoid irresponsibly spreading it through one of his rallies.

Offline Roundy

• View Profile
« Reply #6358 on: October 02, 2020, 01:52:33 PM »

If there is trickery it would probably be to avoid irresponsibly spreading it through one of his rallies.

Why? All of a sudden Trump's trying to be responsible about this? It just doesn't track.

I have to say if it was to get out of a debate bravo, how very Pierce Hawthorne of him. And let's be honest, nobody wants to revisit that trainwreck twice more.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2020, 01:54:34 PM by Roundy »

Rama Set

« Reply #6359 on: October 02, 2020, 02:21:50 PM »
If you’re expecting consistency or integrity I don’t think you will find it in POTUS