totallackey

Re: Why don't atmopsher don't fly away to space?
« Reply #20 on: May 16, 2016, 09:56:21 PM »
As you can see Intikam, all they do is provide some bull shit answer...all they have is some fucked up theory piled on top of another fucked up theory to explain the first fucked up theory...

Sun worshipers...According to them, the atmosphere is IMPERMEABLE!!!

Honestly, this is high school level physics. It isn't very complicated. If I got something wrong, feel free to correct me. Insults don't really help though.

Who told you the atmosphere was impermeable? I am pretty sure the existence of rain disproves that statement.

What is insulting is the cockamamie bullshit about the atmosphere moving at 1000 MPH, velcroed to the Earth.

When asked to explain how this can possibly be, the answer comes back, "Imagine you are inside a moving train..."

Well Copernicus, it sure seems you want me to equate the quality of AIR with that of the IMPERMEABLE walls and ceiling of a rail car...

Fact remains, there have been ZERO experiments PROVING the Earth is in motion...

All there is? Some FUCKED up math, when everyone knows I can get numbers to agree with ANY FUCKING THING I CHOOSE and some MORE CONJECTURE heaped on top of the original issue when the first supposition can not be proven...

« Reply #21 on: May 17, 2016, 12:25:14 AM »
What is insulting is the cockamamie bullshit about the atmosphere moving at 1000 MPH, velcroed to the Earth.

When asked to explain how this can possibly be, the answer comes back, "Imagine you are inside a moving train..."

Well Copernicus, it sure seems you want me to equate the quality of AIR with that of the IMPERMEABLE walls and ceiling of a rail car...

I suspect you completely misunderstood that analogy. The point of the analogy is that the air inside of a moving train is moving at the same speed as the passengers. Therefore, the passengers don't feel the motion. Likewise, the earth's atmosphere is moving at the same speed as the ground, and the people standing on the ground. Therefore, we don't feel the motion of the earth.

The reason the train needs a roof and the earth doesn't, is because the train is moving rapidly through air. If there was no roof, then the rapidly moving air outside the train would rip away the stationary air inside the train. On the other hand, the earth is moving through SPACE. There is nothing in space. Nothing to rip away the earth's atmosphere.

Fact remains, there have been ZERO experiments PROVING the Earth is in motion...

There have been plenty, but anything to do with space automatically gets labelled as "fake" by flat earthers. Earthbound ways of measuring the rotation of the earth include measuring it's radius and angular velocity against the stars/sun/moon. Pendulums and the Coriolis effect can also be used.

All there is? Some FUCKED up math, when everyone knows I can get numbers to agree with ANY FUCKING THING I CHOOSE

Tell that to the IRS. Or to the store cashier. Numbers can be misapplied, misinterpreted, and miscalculated. But if you are sharp, you should be able to spot the error, if there is one. Especially for such an utterly simplistic situation like this.

and some MORE CONJECTURE heaped on top of the original issue when the first supposition can not be proven...

If you think there is something wrong with what I have said, try making a clear, well explained objection. This vague whining is just annoying.

Offline Rounder

• What in the Sam Hill are you people talking about?
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 17, 2016, 12:26:36 PM »

Incorrect.  Ring Laser Gyroscopes are sensitive enough to detect the earth's rotation.  Here's an example in Germany that is so sensitive they have to compensate for movement of the underlying geology.  Stepping up to the largest RLG in the world, operating in Australia, they have enough sensitivity to detect not only the rotation, but even the wobble in that roation caused by the moon.  (Currently out of service due to recent earthquakes)

Prefer to do your own experiments?  Good for you, highly encouraged, and there is good news: the effect that is exploited by those million-dollar instruments, known as the Sagnac Effect (named for a French physicist who first demonstrated it in 1913) is within reach of hobby-level equipment in the form of the fiber optic gyroscope!  Here's a guy who built such a device, a 1km fiber loop that is sensitive enough to detect the earth's rotation.
Proud member of İntikam's "Ignore List"
Ok. You proven you are unworthy to unignored. You proven it was a bad idea to unignore you. and it was for me a disgusting experience...Now you are going to place where you deserved and accustomed.
Quote from: SexWarrior
You accuse {FE} people of malice where incompetence suffice

Offline Rounder

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 17, 2016, 12:51:13 PM »
Going back further in history, the earth's movement around the sun was confirmed through observations of a phenomenon called Aberration.  The effect is quite small, moving the apparent position of stars by a mere 40 arc-seconds, but careful observations conducted from 1725-1728 confirmed earlier reported deviations of star positions, and explained it.
Ok. You proven you are unworthy to unignored. You proven it was a bad idea to unignore you. and it was for me a disgusting experience...Now you are going to place where you deserved and accustomed.

totallackey

« Reply #24 on: May 18, 2016, 09:09:00 AM »

Incorrect.  Ring Laser Gyroscopes are sensitive enough to detect the earth's rotation.  Here's an example in Germany that is so sensitive they have to compensate for movement of the underlying geology.  Stepping up to the largest RLG in the world, operating in Australia, they have enough sensitivity to detect not only the rotation, but even the wobble in that roation caused by the moon.  (Currently out of service due to recent earthquakes)

Prefer to do your own experiments?  Good for you, highly encouraged, and there is good news: the effect that is exploited by those million-dollar instruments, known as the Sagnac Effect (named for a French physicist who first demonstrated it in 1913) is within reach of hobby-level equipment in the form of the fiber optic gyroscope!  Here's a guy who built such a device, a 1km fiber loop that is sensitive enough to detect the earth's rotation.

So, since there are certainly OTHER MOVEMENTS giving rise or interference to actual OPERATION of the devices you present, there is NO QUESTION concerning what is causing any type of measurable output from these devices?

Sorry pal, ain't BUYING THAT BULL SHIT TODAY...

totallackey

« Reply #25 on: May 18, 2016, 09:11:25 AM »

I suspect you completely misunderstood that analogy. The point of the analogy is that the air inside of a moving train is moving at the same speed as the passengers. Therefore, the passengers don't feel the motion. Likewise, the earth's atmosphere is moving at the same speed as the ground, and the people standing on the ground. Therefore, we don't feel the motion of the earth.

The reason the train needs a roof and the earth doesn't, is because the train is moving rapidly through air. If there was no roof, then the rapidly moving air outside the train would rip away the stationary air inside the train. On the other hand, the earth is moving through SPACE. There is nothing in space. Nothing to rip away the earth's atmosphere.

There have been plenty, but anything to do with space automatically gets labelled as "fake" by flat earthers. Earthbound ways of measuring the rotation of the earth include measuring it's radius and angular velocity against the stars/sun/moon. Pendulums and the Coriolis effect can also be used.

All there is? Some FUCKED up math, when everyone knows I can get numbers to agree with ANY FUCKING THING I CHOOSE

Tell that to the IRS. Or to the store cashier. Numbers can be misapplied, misinterpreted, and miscalculated. But if you are sharp, you should be able to spot the error, if there is one. Especially for such an utterly simplistic situation like this.

and some MORE CONJECTURE heaped on top of the original issue when the first supposition can not be proven...

If you think there is something wrong with what I have said, try making a clear, well explained objection. This vague whining is just annoying.

I understand the difference between BEING INSIDE AND BEING OUTSIDE!!! YOU DO NOT!!! When you do, you might then want to come back and discuss things in an actually RELATIVE MANNER!

Until then, I will simply continue tearing down your false analogs...

Offline Unsure101

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 18, 2016, 10:08:33 AM »

So, since there are certainly OTHER MOVEMENTS giving rise or interference to actual OPERATION of the devices you present, there is NO QUESTION concerning what is causing any type of measurable output from these devices?

And these other certain movements are?

Offline Venus

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 18, 2016, 10:21:39 AM »
Honestly, this is high school level physics. It isn't very complicated. If I got something wrong, feel free to correct me. Insults don't really help though.

And therein lies the problem ...

The creationist denies evolution because "how could everything come from nothing", "If man came from monkeys why are monkeys still here" and "Have you ever seen a dog give birth to a cat?"
The flatearther denies a spherical earth because "I can't see any curvature", All NASA photos are actually CGI etc (we've seen them all in these forums)

But the creationist has absolutely no idea of the theory of evolution and will often show his/her complete ignorance by mixing up the Big Bang Theory, the origin of life ... Abiogenesis, and the Theory of Evolution!!
The flatearther has no idea about scale and distance, gravity, physics or astronomy !!

But apparently you can get degrees in both creationism and the flat earth model from UToob University by spending a couple of hours watching a few videos !!

OR ... You could spend 5 or 6 years paying attention in high school !!
Because I live on the 'bottom' of a spinning spherical earth ...
*I cannot see Polaris, but I can see the Southern Cross
*When I look at the stars they appear to rotate clockwise, not anti-clockwise
*I see the moon 'upside down'
I've travelled to the Northern Hemisphere numerous times ... and seen how different the stars and the moon are 'up' there!
Come on down and check it out FE believers... !!

totallackey

« Reply #28 on: May 18, 2016, 11:59:44 PM »

And these other certain movements are?

You can read, right? Read the posts...

Offline Rounder

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 19, 2016, 05:31:22 AM »

You didn't mean to be correct, but you are accidentally correct all the same: there is no question, not any more.  There once were questions.  People with much more education than us conceived and carried out these experiments in the effort to determine the true nature of the aether: did it move with the earth (a hypothosis known as 'aether dragging') or was it a stationary fluid through which the earth moved?  Devices sensitive to the Sagnac effect at small-enough levels to detect the earth's rotation were actually attempting to measure the speed of light in prograde and retrograde directions, for the purpose of inferring the speed of the aether.  It turned out that different experimental designs produced contradictory results, some appearing to supporting aether dragging (or at least exclude fixed aether) and others supporting fixed aether (or at least excluding aether drag).  The experimental results were finally reconciled by abandoning aether entirely in favor of Special Relativity.

The Sagnac Effect measured by both the ring laser gyro and the fiber optic gyro is effective in measuring rotation about one axis of the machine.  The RLG and FOG held stationary relative to the earth's surface nevertheless measure rotation, but only when the sensitive axis is NOT oriented perpendicular to the earth's axis of rotation.  That was the point of the North, South, East, West masurements in the video.  The larger fixed units in Germany and Australia are clearly are not aligned to the earth's axis, so their measurements have to include some trigonometry to correct for that. 

Nothing in the flat earth model can explain this measured phenomenon.

totallackey

« Reply #30 on: May 19, 2016, 11:13:37 PM »

You didn't mean to be correct, but you are accidentally correct all the same: there is no question, not any more.  There once were questions.  People with much more education than us conceived and carried out these experiments in the effort to determine the true nature of the aether: did it move with the earth (a hypothosis known as 'aether dragging') or was it a stationary fluid through which the earth moved?  Devices sensitive to the Sagnac effect at small-enough levels to detect the earth's rotation were actually attempting to measure the speed of light in prograde and retrograde directions, for the purpose of inferring the speed of the aether.  It turned out that different experimental designs produced contradictory results, some appearing to supporting aether dragging (or at least exclude fixed aether) and others supporting fixed aether (or at least excluding aether drag).  The experimental results were finally reconciled by abandoning aether entirely in favor of Special Relativity.

The Sagnac Effect measured by both the ring laser gyro and the fiber optic gyro is effective in measuring rotation about one axis of the machine.  The RLG and FOG held stationary relative to the earth's surface nevertheless measure rotation, but only when the sensitive axis is NOT oriented perpendicular to the earth's axis of rotation.  That was the point of the North, South, East, West masurements in the video.  The larger fixed units in Germany and Australia are clearly are not aligned to the earth's axis, so their measurements have to include some trigonometry to correct for that. 

And whether you choose to acknowledge it or not, there is NOTHING, and I MEAN NOTHING demonstrated about the supposed movement of the Earth by these so-called machines. Only statements issued BY THEIR CREATORS, laying CLAIM to supposed results, only influenced by supposed rotation.

All bullshit and not subjected to any form of test for falsification.

« Reply #31 on: May 19, 2016, 11:53:05 PM »

And whether you choose to acknowledge it or not, there is NOTHING, and I MEAN NOTHING demonstrated about the supposed movement of the Earth by these so-called machines. Only statements issued BY THEIR CREATORS, laying CLAIM to supposed results, only influenced by supposed rotation.

All bullshit and not subjected to any form of test for falsification.

Repeating the word "bullshit" over and over is not a very effective argument. Calling them liars without evidence that they are liars is not a very effective argument.

Even if they are liars, you don't have to take their word for it. You can build a pendulum and test it out yourself. Or you can do a relatively simple sun measuring experiment to measure the radius of the earth. These are very simple experiments that many many people have repeated. Don't call them liars until you have done the experiment yourself and come up with contrary results.