Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
Re: President Joe Biden
« Reply #1260 on: June 29, 2023, 05:04:00 PM »
So how do conservatives feel about Hunter being guilty of the two things Conservatives love: buying guns and not paying taxes?

Haha, guys, isn't it funny that a decade of corruption gets punished with a slap on the wrist and minimal charges for petty crimes?

The minimal charges for petty crimes but is the best part.
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

Offline Roundy

• Abdicator of the Zetetic Council
    • View Profile
« Reply #1261 on: June 29, 2023, 05:21:28 PM »
So how do conservatives feel about Hunter being guilty of the two things Conservatives love: buying guns and not paying taxes?

Haha, guys, isn't it funny that a decade of corruption gets punished with a slap on the wrist and minimal charges for petty crimes?

That's politics for you. *shrug*
Dr. Frank is a physicist. He says it's impossible. So it's impossible.
My friends, please remember Tom said this the next time you fall into the trap of engaging him, and thank you. :)

Offline honk

• resident goose
    • View Profile
« Reply #1262 on: June 29, 2023, 09:45:30 PM »

You support tax evasion as a general thing, so I don't see why you even care.
ur retartet but u donut even no it and i walnut tell u y

Offline Tom Bishop

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Flat Earth Believer
    • View Profile

Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1264 on: July 05, 2023, 12:27:08 PM »
Guys, did you know that telling social media companies to censor information is not considered freedom of speech? Biden didn't know that. A federal court had to inform him that such is the case:

https://www.wsj.com/articles/judge-rules-biden-administration-likely-trampled-on-free-speech-on-social-media-29334362

Post your reactions when you realize you can't just ban wrongthink from reality. People who disagree with me shouldn't even be allowed on the internet at all, in my opinion.

Offline Tom Bishop

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Flat Earth Believer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1265 on: July 13, 2023, 06:55:39 PM »
I'm still not sure what you guys see in this guy.

Offline Roundy

• View Profile
« Reply #1266 on: July 13, 2023, 07:30:28 PM »
I'm still not sure what you guys see in this guy.

-It's not his laptop.
-Inflation was inevitable after the last couple years and it's going downward on his watch.
-I don't even know what this is referring to. Did the Republicans cook up another fake scandal that I somehow missed??
-What reason does anybody have to think it was his cocaine?   ::)
« Last Edit: July 13, 2023, 07:32:13 PM by Roundy »
My friends, please remember Tom said this the next time you fall into the trap of engaging him, and thank you. :)

Offline honk

• resident goose
    • View Profile
« Reply #1267 on: July 13, 2023, 09:01:17 PM »
Hunter is a deadbeat dad to a kid that he denied being the father of and has reportedly never even met. Conservatives have decided to blame Joe for this. It sounds insane, but that really is it. As if Joe can reasonably be expected to just publicly declare that the child is Hunter's whether Hunter likes it or not.

Offline Roundy

• View Profile
« Reply #1268 on: July 15, 2023, 07:06:40 PM »
Crazy how the Republicans keep latching onto the President's son to try to discredit the President. It's almost like they have nothing tangible to attack the President himself about. We even see it in at least half of the grievances used in that meme Tom just shared (I say at least half because, predictably, a lot of people seem convinced that the cocaine was Hunter's).

Offline Tom Bishop

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Flat Earth Believer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1269 on: July 15, 2023, 09:48:23 PM »
In all of those cases Joe Biden is denying it as well. He is denying that those things are attributable to his family.

Denying his own grandchild is especially egregious and low, as she was proven to be Hunter's daughter with a blood test in 2019.

Yet the Joe and Jill Biden have repeatedly put up stockings at Christmas at the White House for only six of their seven grandchildren, leaving out Navy Joan Roberts.

They did it in Christmas of 2021:

https://nypost.com/2021/12/01/bidens-stocking-display-excludes-hunters-daughter-born-out-of-wedlock/

And again in Christmas of 2022:

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2022/nov/28/biden-family-christmas-stockings-exclude-hunters-o/

They reportedly even put Christmas stockings up for the dog and cat at the White House, but not for Navy Joan.

Biden repeatedly states that he has only six grandchildren:

Jill Biden says it as well:

https://www.breitbart.com/2020-election/2020/04/06/jill-biden-misstates-number-of-grandchildren-she-and-joe-have/

“We have three children, and we have six grandchildren,” the former second lady said, with her husband adding their grandchildren ranged from “seniors in law school to little infants.”

Reporters have asked White House Press Secretary about this and there is a refusal to answer the question or acknowledge the grandchild as theirs:

https://www.dailysignal.com/2023/07/06/bidens-cruel-erasure-navy-joan-roberts/

According to a Times report, White house aids have been told for years in strategy meetings that President Biden only has six grandkids, excluding Navy Joan

https://nypost.com/2023/07/05/wh-refuses-to-answer-questions-about-bidens-estranged-granddaughter-by-hunter/

The little girl is also not even given secret service protection from kidnapping:

https://www.the-sun.com/news/1789245/hunter-biden-lovechild-navy-joan-security-fears/

https://dcweekly.org/2022/06/06/revealed-joe-biden-refuses-to-provide-security-to-his-grandchild-and-hunter-bidens-arkansas-love-child-with-stripper/

« Last Edit: July 16, 2023, 01:19:04 AM by Tom Bishop »

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1270 on: July 15, 2023, 10:24:58 PM »
Its cute how Tom is trying to defend bastard children. 

In other news, States that champion states rights demand the ability to violate the rights of other states.

https://www.mississippifreepress.org/34705/mississippi-attorney-general-wants-info-on-out-of-state-abortions-gender-affirming-care?ICID=ref_fark

TLDR:
Biden wants to make it illegal to require one state to give up medical records to another relating to reproductive organs, abortions, or any such procedure.  This, it seems, has upset missouri because they want to persecute suspected violators of abortion and transgender care bans who went to other states to get those procedures.

Their arguments are basically the same as Runaway slave laws where slave states demanded free states return slaves who escaped there.  Because its wrong!  And could allow people to do illegal things in other states where its not illegal!  And how can we protect the children and punish those evil transgenders and mothers who get abortions if they do it outside of the state?!
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

Offline Roundy

• View Profile
« Reply #1271 on: July 15, 2023, 10:33:33 PM »
In all of those cases Joe Biden is denying it as well. He is denying that those things are attributable to his family.

Denying his own grandchild is especially egregious and low, as she was proven to be Hunter's daughter with a blood test in 1999.

Yet the Joe and Jill Biden have repeatedly put up stockings at Christmas at the White House for only six of their seven grandchildren, leaving out Navy Joan Roberts.

They did it in Christmas of 2021:

https://nypost.com/2021/12/01/bidens-stocking-display-excludes-hunters-daughter-born-out-of-wedlock/

And again in Christmas of 2022:

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2022/nov/28/biden-family-christmas-stockings-exclude-hunters-o/

They reportedly even put Christmas stockings up for the dog and cat at the White House, but not for Navy Joan.

Biden repeatedly states that he has only six grandchildren:

Jill Biden says it as well:

https://www.breitbart.com/2020-election/2020/04/06/jill-biden-misstates-number-of-grandchildren-she-and-joe-have/

“We have three children, and we have six grandchildren,” the former second lady said, with her husband adding their grandchildren ranged from “seniors in law school to little infants.”

Reporters have asked White House Press Secretary about this and there is a refusal to answer the question or acknowledge the grandchild as theirs:

https://www.dailysignal.com/2023/07/06/bidens-cruel-erasure-navy-joan-roberts/

According to a Times report, White house aids have been told for years in strategy meetings that President Biden only has six grandkids, excluding Navy Joan

https://nypost.com/2023/07/05/wh-refuses-to-answer-questions-about-bidens-estranged-granddaughter-by-hunter/

The little girl is also not even given secret service protection from kidnapping:

https://www.the-sun.com/news/1789245/hunter-biden-lovechild-navy-joan-security-fears/

https://dcweekly.org/2022/06/06/revealed-joe-biden-refuses-to-provide-security-to-his-grandchild-and-hunter-bidens-arkansas-love-child-with-stripper/

Yes, your guy tried to overthrow the government, has been found in court to have sexually assaulted someone, and kept classified documents he had no right to keep to seem cool to his friends, and this is the kind of thing the Republicans are trying to use to discredit Biden. I already pointed out how amusing it is, you don't really need to continue trying to make me laugh.

Offline Tom Bishop

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Flat Earth Believer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1272 on: July 15, 2023, 10:41:21 PM »
I don't see what your baseless accusations against Donald Trump have to do with the Bidens denying their own grandchild.

Jill Biden even wrote a book dedicated to their grandchildren and left her out of it:

https://www.thelist.com/1337001/joe-biden-seventh-grandchild-navy-joan/

President Joe Biden has long been a doting grandfather to his six grandchildren. His wife, First Lady Dr. Jill Biden, has even penned a children's book dedicated to the kiddos titled, "Joey: The Story of Joe Biden." On the dedication page, Mrs. Biden made sure to acknowledge the lively brood, which appears to be a huge part of the couple's life. Unfortunately, there is one grandchild that is left out of the holiday celebrations and family photos. In fact, her name is usually never aligned with the rest of the Biden children, something that has been called out by many critics of the presidential family.

This is clearly deliberate, and evidence of a despicable family.

Offline honk

• resident goose
    • View Profile
« Reply #1273 on: July 15, 2023, 10:42:59 PM »
Like I said, it's ridiculous to expect Joe to go over Hunter's head and publicly declare that the child is part of the family whether Hunter likes it or not. It's just not how families work, and I'm certain that if Joe had disregarded his son and publicly acknowledged the child as part of the family, the same conservatives criticizing him now would be angrily yelling about how Joe has no right to be involving himself in a dispute between two parents and clearly has no love or loyalty towards his own son. I also like how the NYP and the Washington Times tried to put the emphasis on the child being illegitimate, as if that's what this is all about, rather than Hunter's disputes over parentage with the mother. As if shaming unmarried parents and their children hasn't always been a conservative thing. Every accusation is a confession.

Offline Tom Bishop

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Flat Earth Believer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1274 on: July 15, 2023, 10:56:13 PM »
« Last Edit: July 16, 2023, 01:18:43 AM by Tom Bishop »

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1275 on: July 16, 2023, 05:39:45 AM »
Did it ever occurr to Tom that the mother doesn't want their child to be in the limelight anymore than they already are?  Perhaps they asked not to be included in the family events and such?  Maybe she's a republican and is ashamed to have a child with a democrat?  Or she's afraid of how much hate she and her child would get from republicans who attack the families of politicians.

Offline Tom Bishop

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Flat Earth Believer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1276 on: July 16, 2023, 09:28:16 AM »
Did it ever occurr to Tom that the mother doesn't want their child to be in the limelight anymore than they already are?  Perhaps they asked not to be included in the family events and such?  Maybe she's a republican and is ashamed to have a child with a democrat?  Or she's afraid of how much hate she and her child would get from republicans who attack the families of politicians.

Yeah, this does not jibe with what the child's lawyer is saying:

June 29, 2023 - https://nypost.com/2023/06/29/hunter-biden-reaches-settlement-in-child-support-case-will-provide-art/

'The Post was first to report the settlement last week, with a source close to the first son saying Roberts had agreed to a reduced monthly payment of $5,000 from $20,000. Roberts lawyer Clint Lancaster declined to confirm financial details of the settlement, which were not disclosed in the court documents filed Thursday — though Hunter did agree to pay Roberts’ attorney fees and court costs as part of the deal.

“Lunden is a great mom and little Navy is going be fine,” Lancaster told The Post at the time. “The kid has lots of love on the maternal side of the family in Batesville. They are a very, very close family. They adore her and are always going to support her … But I think everybody is disappointed that there’s not more contact (with the Biden family).

“It’s not lost on anybody that Jill Biden wrote a children’s book and [dedicated it] to her grandchildren,” the lawyer went on. “She could have kept it at that, but she named every child except Navy. They hung stockings for the dog at Christmas but not for Navy. That is one of the saddest things.”'

The above article also describes how the child support settlement prevented the child from using the Biden last name.

'As part of the settlement, Roberts will drop her demand that Hunter, 53, allow the child to take the Biden family name, while the first son will provide — his art.

A bizarre clause in the settlement stipulates that Hunter provide Navy Joan Roberts, 4, with the proceeds from an undisclosed number of his novice works for an undisclosed period of time.'

The child was disowned in all ways, and is even getting art to prevent her from using the Biden name as part of a court child support settlement. The mother says that the father never met the child and that the child is estranged from her paternal grandparents:

'Roberts previously claimed that the first son “has never seen or contacted” the child and that President Biden and first lady Jill Biden “remain estranged” from the four-year-old, according to court documents from April.'

This hardly supports the notion that the little girl is secretly loved by the Bidens behind the scenes and that it is really the mother who doesn't want her daughter to be associated with them or in the limelight.

Joe and Jill Biden have centered their family lives around their grandchildren, yet exclude Navy Joan:

https://web.archive.org/web/20230705064130/https://www.nytimes.com/2023/07/01/us/politics/hunter-biden-daughter-arkansas.html

‘Life’s Greatest Blessing’

President Biden has worked over the past half-century to make his last name synonymous with family values and loyalty. The strength of his political persona, which emphasizes decency, family and duty, was enough to defeat Mr. Trump the first time around, and he would need to keep it intact if Mr. Trump is the Republican nominee in 2024.

On a proclamation issued on Father’s Day, Mr. Biden said that his father had “taught me that, above all, family is the beginning, middle and end — a lesson I have passed down to my children and grandchildren.” He added that “family is life’s greatest blessing and responsibility.”

Since they entered the White House, President Biden and Jill Biden, the first lady, have centered their family lives around their grandchildren, and have given them the benefits that come with living in close contact with the White House.

Naomi Biden, 29, is Hunter’s eldest child, from his first marriage, to Kathleen Buhle, which ended in 2017. Ms. Biden was married on the South Lawn of the White House last year in a Ralph Lauren dress that she called the product of her “American(a) dreams.” She and her sisters have taken trips around the world with the president and first lady. Hunter married Melissa Cohen in 2019. His youngest child, who is named for Beau and was born in 2020, is photographed frequently with his grandparents.

In April, President Biden told a group of children that he had “six grandchildren. And I’m crazy about them. And I speak to them every single day. Not a joke.”

But the president has not yet met or publicly mentioned his other grandchild. His White House has not answered questions about whether he will publicly acknowledge her now that the child support case is settled.

Despite the rejection from the Biden family, the mother says that she is teaching her daughter to be proud that her grandfather is the President. From the above nytimes article:

Her public Instagram account tells its own story: “I hope one day when you look back you find yourself proud of who you are, where you come from, and most importantly, who raised you,” she captioned a photo of the two of them at the beach earlier this year. In another photo, shared to her account in April 2022, her daughter wore an Air Force One baseball cap and stood in front of the Jefferson Memorial.

“People have an image of me, but few get the picture,” Ms. Roberts wrote on another photo in July 2022.

Seen through one prism, the photos are a powerful public testament of love from a mother to her daughter. Seen through another, they are exploitative, certainly from the perspective of Biden allies, who fear the images — and the child — are being weaponized against the Biden family.

For her part, Ms. Roberts said she did not bring her daughter to Washington to punish the Bidens. She said she brought her to Washington because not many little girls get to say that their grandfather is the president.

“She’s very proud of who her grandfather is and who her dad is,” Ms. Roberts said. “That is something that I would never allow her to think otherwise.”

So sad and discraceful.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2023, 10:16:14 AM by Tom Bishop »

Offline honk

• resident goose
    • View Profile
« Reply #1277 on: July 16, 2023, 03:11:38 PM »
It is sad and disgraceful - of Hunter. He's being a shitty father and a shitty person. Unfortunately, that's his decision to make. The Bidens' connection to the child comes through Hunter, and if he's choosing not to acknowledge her or have her in his life, then the same must apply to his own parents. They can't cut him out of the equation and include her in the family without his involvement. It's just not the done thing.

Offline Roundy

• View Profile
« Reply #1278 on: July 16, 2023, 03:15:28 PM »
Hunter does come across as a bit of a slimeball and for some reason the Republicans eat it up. You know what though? Hunter's not our President! Our President is so unimpeachable they need to attack his family. That they are so unapologetically doing so is the real disgrace.

Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1279 on: July 16, 2023, 04:07:48 PM »
Hunter does come across as a bit of a slimeball and for some reason the Republicans eat it up. You know what though? Hunter's not our President! Our President is so unimpeachable they need to attack his family. That they are so unapologetically doing so is the real disgrace.

The entire point of this debacle is that Joe has been using Hunter as a scapegoat and liaison to enact personal corruption. I think you, and everyone else here, knows perfectly well that this isn't just about Hunter. He's not some random man who happens to be connected to Joe Biden. The meme of "I didn't vote for Hunter!" and "you just don't have anything on Joe!" is nonsense. Hunter didn't find himself on the boards of foreign oil and gas companies because of his extensive executive knowledge in how to run oil and gas companies. Joe used his son to personally gain from his political power. Now neither Joe nor his son will face consequences for doing so. This is okay to you because obviously they are not the same person and the idea of them coordinating with each other is utterly impossible.

Sometimes I think the idea of family members interacting with each other is so completely foreign to so many Democrats that they cannot even imagine it...

« Last Edit: July 16, 2023, 04:15:47 PM by Rushy »