Offline Muslim

• View Profile
Re: Islam & Flat Earth
« Reply #20 on: February 11, 2017, 10:07:56 AM »
They ignore everything regarding Flat Earth quotes which we all know.

- Qur'an 15:19
"And the earth We have spread out (like a carpet); set thereon mountains firm and immovable; and produced therein all kinds of things in due balance. "
Spread out does not mean flat. It indicates vast expanse. According to two major commentaries (Jalalyn, Asab an-Nuzul) it doesn't mention like a carpet. One suggests "Spread out over water" hence the mention of mountains like pegs to hold the Earth from swaying beneath us violently. The enormity cannot be ignored at all when it comes to Earth.

Also, what is the need to state "spread out" as an accomplishment? It's only worth a mention when the reality is different to what is perceived.

Conclusion: This verse does not state the Earth is flat nor does it indicate that it's flat in it's entirety. There is no contradiction between saying that it is round and saying that it was spread out, because in fact in its totality it is round, but to the one who stands on it and looks at it, it appears flat to everyone where in reality it's spread out to appear flat and to a certain extent (radius) it is flat.

- Qur'an 20:53
"He Who has, made for you the earth like a carpet spread out; has enabled you to go about therein by roads (and channels); and has sent down water from the sky." With it have We produced diverse pairs of plants each separate from the others. "

- Qur'an 43:10
(Yea, the same that) has made for you the earth (like a carpet) spread out, and has made for you roads (and channels) therein, in order that ye may find guidance (on the way);

- Qur'an 50:7
And the earth- We have spread it out, and set thereon mountains standing firm, and produced therein every kind of beautiful growth (in pairs)-

- Qur'an 51:48
And We have spread out the (spacious) earth: How excellently We do spread out!

- Qur'an 71:19
And Allah has made the earth for you as a carpet (spread out)

- Qur'an 78:6
Have We not made the earth as a wide expanse

Now you'll see all these verses have the same outcome of the above. None of it states that the Earth if flat completely in its entirety.

- Qur'an 79:30 [THIS HAS DOUBLE MEANING, Some say Dahaha which is spread out, or stretch, and other say Dahaha the verb from Dahiye, which is ostrich egg, which can mean (as they say) that the Earth is an egg shape, an ostrich egg shape.
But it's obvious in my opinion, that Dahaha belongs to the normal verb, it's not usual to use a verb out of a name, especially in this ostrich egg shape verb.

Ostrich egg is not in any major commentaries. It cannot be taken in any argument.

So again, "spread out"

Many Islamist apologists attempt to deflect criticism that the Qur'an promotes the mistaken belief of a flat earth by the word dahaha used in Qur'an 79:30, commonly translated as ‘spread’ or ‘stretched’.

This proves that the original poster has done no research and simply copy pasted this from somewhere else who was actually trying to prove that Islam says the Earth is flat. The original poster didn't even bother reading through it to remove this statement from the original articles that he pasted.

And to answer that: "Many" "Muslim Apologists" (not Islamist) do not deflect criticism. The translation is "spread" or "stretched" and none of those describe the entire Earth as flat. And the author even debunked himself in the following which again the OP forgot to remove.

Most of Qur'an Translators said it's Stretched, which belong to flat earth theory, and not the egg shape, as following:

Qur'an Translations
Yusuf Ali: And the earth, moreover, hath He extended (to a wide expanse); [4]
Pickthal: And after that He spread the earth, [4]
Arberry: and the earth-after that He spread it out, [4]
Shakir: And the earth, He expanded it after that. [4]
Sarwar: After this, He spread out the earth, [4]
Hilali/Khan: And after that He spread the earth; [4]
Malik: After that He spread out the earth, [4]
Maulana Ali: And the earth, He cast it after that. [4]
Free Minds: And the land after that He spread out. [4]
Some translations have attempted to translate the word dahaha to mean made egg-shaped or like an ‘ostrich egg’.

Khalifa: He made the earth egg-shaped. [4]
QXP: And after that He made the earth shoot out from the Cosmic Nebula and made it spread out egg-shaped. ('Dahaha' entails all the meanings rendered (21:30), (41:11)). [4]

Transliteration: Waal-arda baAAda thalika dahaha
Literal: And the earth/Planet Earth after that He blew and stretched/spread it. [4]

- Qur'an 91:6
By the Earth and its (wide) expanse

This also doesn't suggest flat in its entirety.

To anyone trying to use the Quran to prove it's wrong or that it says the Earth is flat, stop making such pathetic attempts. It's embarrassing.

« Reply #21 on: February 11, 2017, 05:09:11 PM »
@TotesReptilian you're not worth the time

Just trying to help. If you want to go into denial/defensive mode, that's your business. Have fun.

Offline Muslim

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 12, 2017, 07:07:17 AM »

Just trying to help. If you want to go into denial/defensive mode, that's your business. Have fun.
Cheap tricks. Not gonna work. As I said, you're not worth the time. Good day

« Reply #23 on: February 12, 2017, 02:18:17 PM »

Cheap tricks. Not gonna work. As I said, you're not worth the time. Good day

What on earth are you talking about? What cheap trick? Using colors? I can show you how to use it if you want. Then we will be on an even playing field.

[color=red]red[/color]

red

Offline Muslim

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 12, 2017, 03:52:40 PM »

These are typical cheap tricks. Like I said, it's not gonna work. Good day

« Reply #25 on: February 13, 2017, 09:05:21 PM »

These are typical cheap tricks. Like I said, it's not gonna work. Good day

Heh. Denial about going into denial. Denialception. Nice.

(I do appreciate your more in-depth response covering the interpretation of each verse.)

Offline Xenku

• If there's a will, there's a way.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 18, 2017, 12:21:13 PM »
Hi @Muslim ,

I too came across this thread through a Google search and I am curious. With all respect, before I ask my question, I am not saying that you claim or didn't claim something or anything. I would just like to know if you knew of any verses in the Quraan that indicates that the Earth is a sphere?

Thank you

I have registered just to reply to this as it shows up on Google.

The above is all rubbish.

Firstly, there's no mention in the Quraan that it's FLAT.

A carpet or turf can be laid out on any terrain even if it's arched. It doesn't have to be flat. To compare and say a carpet cannot be laid on a football is just ridiculous and you wouldn't deserve a reply on something so daft.

It's mentioned as a great gift in the verses the fact that the the Earth is spread out so wide that we can live on it. So it looks flat, but it's not and the Quraan does NOT say it is flat.

I have asked scholars, here you have cowboys pretending to be scholars and speaking on behalf of Muslim's beliefs.

We do not believe the Earth is flat.

Show me one verse that says the Earth is flat. Don't put your own understandings and meaning or interpretations. Just show a clear verse. If it was flat, why wouldn't Allah just say so? In fact, every verse indicates that it's a sphere except to those who have already fallen flat on the Flat Earth madness.

Offline Muslim

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 03, 2017, 08:50:17 AM »
Hi @Muslim ,

I too came across this thread through a Google search and I am curious. With all respect, before I ask my question, I am not saying that you claim or didn't claim something or anything. I would just like to know if you knew of any verses in the Quraan that indicates that the Earth is a sphere?

Thank you

I have registered just to reply to this as it shows up on Google.

The above is all rubbish.

Firstly, there's no mention in the Quraan that it's FLAT.

A carpet or turf can be laid out on any terrain even if it's arched. It doesn't have to be flat. To compare and say a carpet cannot be laid on a football is just ridiculous and you wouldn't deserve a reply on something so daft.

It's mentioned as a great gift in the verses the fact that the the Earth is spread out so wide that we can live on it. So it looks flat, but it's not and the Quraan does NOT say it is flat.

I have asked scholars, here you have cowboys pretending to be scholars and speaking on behalf of Muslim's beliefs.

We do not believe the Earth is flat.

Show me one verse that says the Earth is flat. Don't put your own understandings and meaning or interpretations. Just show a clear verse. If it was flat, why wouldn't Allah just say so? In fact, every verse indicates that it's a sphere except to those who have already fallen flat on the Flat Earth madness.

Hi,

From everything I've checked to date, there's nothing specific or direct of a sphere. But the key point here is that it does not in any way say the entire Earth is flat (like a plate or bowl). However, there are many things clearly mentioned in the Qur'aan that was impossible to know more than a hundred years ago.

İntikam

« Reply #28 on: May 19, 2017, 09:03:59 PM »
Hello Muhammet,

As a Turk i say you wellcome to forum and Turkey, "hoşgeldin".

First i  must say that i'm sorry for you here, i know you have a war on your country caused by our PM dicdator Erdoghan supporting to terrorism on your country. This is a bit our mistake because we elected him, but be sure we was not know he'll be a dicdator because he were talking good. :)

I know most of your writen because as a muslim i passed on same way.

Actually islamic scholars changed quran by same way that what happened to torah and bible. They can't change the verses but chance it's means (meals), (translations). Their act depends on the idea that "islam don't conflict to science". This is a nonsence. Most of Reverends depends on this idea because quran encourages research and read. But this not mean "change the meaning of the verses fit to science.

When i saw FE's i see that they are really saved what bible say about earth. This is really interesting that islamic Reverends did they give up easily, but i see christian reverends resisted better then islamic reverends. to be the last religion, the last being the book didn't help them. Yes i'm nevertheless still muslim. Because this is not islamic mistake, this mistake caused by some men believed to NASA 1969 lie.

Anyway. I hope you find out the truth.

Thanks kardes, Allah razi olsun.. I agree with everything you said.. you know Allah says:
to be a Mu'min is to believe in Allah, and his angels, and "his books" (books, not only the quran, all of them including bible and others) so in my opinion, some important information we can take from Bible and old testament) and also you know the rest.. to believe in all his massengers and fate the good and bad. all coming from Allah.
I congratulate you and salute you for your knowledge and way of thinking, I would love if we get in contact as well, I sent you my number.. God protects you and bless you <3 Allah korusun <3

I accept your prays but in the other hand, I'm not sharing my personal information; and I don't suggest you do that as follow:

Burası aslında yarı yarıya CIA'nın kontrolünde. Bu konuda bir çok iddia var, bir kısmını ben de dile getirdim. Başka bir forum daha var flatearthsociety.org orası buranın üst forumu gibi, daha kalabalık. Orada da bu iddialar çok sık dile getiriliyor. Şu var ki burada araştırmacıların önüne sürekli engeller çıkartılıyor. Yani yardım etmek bir yana engel çıkartılıyor. Burada CIA tarafından "controlled opposite" dediğimiz uygulama yapılıyor. Yaptığımız çalışmalara göre 30.000.000 düz dünya inananı var ama burada ve diğerini toplasan bir kaç bin yapıyor. Çünkü bunların ne malı olduğunu görenler buraya bir daha uğramıyor. Açık söylemek gerekirse hem burada, hem diğerindeki yöneticiler adi ve karaktersiz insanlar. Burada hiç kimse güvenilir değil. Bu enayiler burada bir kaç on kişiyi kandırarak sanki düz dünya teorisini çökertebileceklerini sanıyorlar. eğer google'da "flat earth" şeklinde aratırsan bir numarada bunların kankası olan flatearthsociet, iki ya da 3 numarada da burası çıkar. İşte bu durum, bunların dünya mafyasının desteğiyle oynadıklarının kanıtıdır. Kısaca CIA kontrolündeler.

Bu yüzden ben ilkesel bir karar aldım ve burada hiç bir şekilde iletişim ya da kişisel bilgilerimi paylaşmıyorum. Bunun senle bir ilgisi yok. Sana da tavsiyem hiç bir şekilde şahsi bilgilerini paylaşmaman. Ben şimdi senden gelen maili siliyorum. Sen de aynısını yap ama gene de adminler ulaşabilir. Bunları böyle admin, mod diye ayırmamak lazım. Hepsi aynı CIA'nın, farklı algı operasyonunda görevlileri. Türkiye'de yakında bir "dernek" ya da parti kurma çalışması düşünüyorum. O şekilde, onun üzerinden görüşürüz. Kendine iyi bak.
Eyvallah.

God bless you.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2017, 09:06:12 PM by İntikam »

Re: بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم
« Reply #29 on: February 20, 2018, 08:59:45 PM »
Hi everyone,

Very interesting topic which I'd like to add to it if this topic is still open.

Based on my research of the noble Qur'an, nowhere does it specifically say the Earth is flat or round but by reading the different verses and if you only had 2 options round or flat, flat seems to be the one that lines up more with the holy scripture.

On top of that, the Qur'an specifically mentions the Earth being immovable (mountains in it like pegs holding it down).

It also clearly states that the sun orbits above the Earth and not the other way around.

I welcome all discussions and let's keep it civil