Offline Roundy

• Abdicator of the Zetetic Council
    • View Profile
Dr. Frank is a physicist. He says it's impossible. So it's impossible.
My friends, please remember Tom said this the next time you fall into the trap of engaging him, and thank you. :)

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

Offline crutonius

• Just a regular guy. No funny business here.
    • View Profile
Re: Trump
« Reply #8302 on: January 12, 2021, 06:36:45 AM »
Did they forget to tweet about the protest?

Oh...

Offline AATW

• View Profile
« Reply #8303 on: January 12, 2021, 07:30:16 AM »
Tom: "Claiming incredulity is a pretty bad argument. Calling it "insane" or "ridiculous" is not a good argument at all."

TFES Wiki Occam's Razor page, by Tom: "What's the simplest explanation; that NASA has successfully designed and invented never before seen rocket technologies from scratch which can accelerate 100 tons of matter to an escape velocity of 7 miles per second"

Offline Tom Bishop

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Flat Earth Believer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8304 on: January 13, 2021, 12:29:21 AM »
The biggest Trump site, The Donald, says they have never even heard of this protest.

https://thedonald.win/p/11S0NdA5KB/a-note-on-protests/

« Last Edit: January 13, 2021, 01:28:14 AM by Tom Bishop »

Rama Set

« Reply #8305 on: January 13, 2021, 12:31:34 AM »
TheDonald says they have never even heard of this protest.

Well if Doggos hasn’t heard of it, it TOTALLY must be a hoax. I’m sure he would never lie.

Offline stack

• View Profile
« Reply #8306 on: January 13, 2021, 03:33:49 AM »
What's a "deport" button? Curious how that works...

Offline honk

• resident goose
    • View Profile
« Reply #8307 on: January 13, 2021, 04:58:19 AM »
Evidently it's their report function. They call it deporting instead of reporting because lol Trump.
ur retartet but u donut even no it and i walnut tell u y

Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
« Reply #8308 on: January 13, 2021, 10:37:59 AM »
Well if Doggos hasn’t heard of it, it TOTALLY must be a hoax. I’m sure he would never lie.
In all fairness, they're right by default. Unless there is evidence that the event was well-advertised, it wasn't well-advertised. It would be exceedingly easy to find a lone protester of any issue and spin it into a "wow, they organised a protest and only 1 person attended!" story.

Mind you, TheDonald is the site that this protest was allegedly organised on. A statement from them (combined with no archived threads presented by the journos) is not entirely useless.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2021, 10:41:50 AM by Pete Svarrior »
Read the FAQ before asking your question - chances are we already addressed it.
Follow the Flat Earth Society on Twitter and Facebook!

If we are not speculating then we must assume

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8309 on: January 13, 2021, 10:57:41 AM »
Pete is right.
And anyone can make a protest announcement under "Trump Supporters" and its as official as any other since there is no official organization.

Kinda like how anyone can claim to be ANTIFA and make a protest under such a name.

Also, just because one guy hasn't seen it doesn't mean much.

Also also: false flags. Lol.  Because apparently some Trump supporters aren't allowed to schedule protests for some reason.
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8310 on: January 13, 2021, 01:20:06 PM »
The biggest Trump site, The Donald, says they have never even heard of this protest.

Wait...what if this is a double false flag?  Making a protest so people will think its a false flag and any other protests (made by legit trump people) are also false flags?  Thus ensuring no protests are created?

Rama Set

« Reply #8311 on: January 13, 2021, 01:25:03 PM »
In all fairness, they're right by default. Unless there is evidence that the event was well-advertised, it wasn't well-advertised. It would be exceedingly easy to find a lone protester of any issue and spin it into a "wow, they organised a protest and only 1 person attended!" story.

Mind you, TheDonald is the site that this protest was allegedly organised on. A statement from them (combined with no archived threads presented by the journos) is not entirely useless.

Yeah fair enough. It was always a shit post story anyway.

EDIT: I would be interested in knowing where the protest was planned, because it was public enough for police and (2) counter-protesters to know about it ahead of time.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2021, 01:53:53 PM by Rama Set »

Rama Set

« Reply #8313 on: January 13, 2021, 01:55:14 PM »
I imagine a year from now most of the corporate lapdogs will be doing what they always have. Maybe with a new political shill, maybe with Trump again.

Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
« Reply #8314 on: January 13, 2021, 02:06:22 PM »
Also also: false flags. Lol.  Because apparently some Trump supporters aren't allowed to schedule protests for some reason.
You're missing the point. A journalist on a slow news day can easily get a single person to hold a sign for 5 minutes, and suddenly they have an exciting story about a failed protest. Meanwhile, there is no evidence of such a protest having been planned (or, if there is, I've failed to find it and would appreciate pointers).

Similarly, trolls organise "false flag" events all the time. This isn't new, it's not specific to a political wing, and it's not surprising that people should be warned against them during heated protests.

Offline Roundy

• Abdicator of the Zetetic Council
    • View Profile
« Reply #8315 on: January 13, 2021, 02:32:01 PM »
I imagine a year from now most of the corporate lapdogs will be doing what they always have. Maybe with a new political shill, maybe with Trump again.

It's possible. Only time will tell how badly Trump's overall brand has actually been hurt by this. He still has enough support that I can kind of cynically see this all just blowing over after it's faded into memory.
Dr. Frank is a physicist. He says it's impossible. So it's impossible.
My friends, please remember Tom said this the next time you fall into the trap of engaging him, and thank you. :)

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8316 on: January 13, 2021, 02:45:08 PM »
You're missing the point. A journalist on a slow news day can easily get a single person to hold a sign for 5 minutes, and suddenly they have an exciting story about a failed protest. Meanwhile, there is no evidence of such a protest having been planned (or, if there is, I've failed to find it and would appreciate pointers).

Similarly, trolls organise "false flag" events all the time. This isn't new, it's not specific to a political wing, and it's not surprising that people should be warned against them during heated protests.

I think you misunderstood.  The people at thedonald.win were saying that other planned protests were false flags.  I was laughing because anyone, trump supporter or not, can make one and announce it.  But they have no way to know if its organized by an actual supporter or not.  So A (alleged) trump supporter is calling other (alleged) trump supporters' organized protests "false flags".

Like if Tom started saying Daniel is a NASA agent trying to make FES look dumb.

Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
« Reply #8317 on: January 13, 2021, 02:59:06 PM »
But they have no way to know if its organized by an actual supporter or not.
I strongly disagree. Insiders tend to have a better chance at telling trolls apart from serious members. Sticking to the FE analogy, the British Flat Earth Association is a good example. It's designed just cleverly enough to get some attention from the media (back when they were active, I had to set a fair few journalists straight to stop taking them at face value), but they're extremely transparent to someone with a little bit of familiarity.

Now, on the off chance that not everyone has followed the trail of links, let me post the posters we're discussing directly here, just so we're all on the same page.

Now, I'm not an insider of this group, but a few things stand out to me. The most obvious one being the open calls for participants to be armed. The other thing is the try-hard language. My hypothesis is that whoever wrote the red poster hasn't spoken to Trump supporters much and is writing what he's expect them to want to write. In this attempt, they've massively overdone it.

This has the same energy as the "you can charge your iphone in the microwave!1!!" posters from a few years back. And probably the same source.

If you look at the discussion surrounding these images (well, once you filter out a whole lot of people REEEEing, at least), you'll notice that they made similar observation. This isn't a case of gatekeeping Trump supporters, it's a case of identifying one of the most obvious trolls of the century. Imagine how much worse it'd be if they didn't try to reduce the impact there.

Rama Set

« Reply #8318 on: January 13, 2021, 04:04:37 PM »

There must have been some sort of planning.  The police were there at 8am in anticipation of the protest and there were counter-protesters. TWICE as many counter-protesters as protesters!

Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
« Reply #8319 on: January 13, 2021, 04:24:41 PM »
There must have been some sort of planning.
Right - something was clearly said by someone somewhere, it's highly unlikely that the cops showed up out of nowhere. But where is it? How come none of the media could pinpoint it?