Offline 8dmc8

• View Profile
What causes high/low tide in a FET
« on: February 18, 2017, 09:33:46 PM »
Since there is no gravitational pull from the moon or the sun, what causes the high and low ocean tides I see everyday?

Re: What causes high/low tide in a FET
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2017, 11:03:18 AM »
The turtle carrying the flat earth is moving very slowly, making four steps a day, thus tilting the earth slightly each time and the water keeps its level while the land tilts, lol.

Offline juner

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2017, 02:32:42 PM »
The turtle carrying the flat earth is moving very slowly, making four steps a day, thus tilting the earth slightly each time and the water keeps its level while the land tilts, lol.

Refrain from low content posting in the upper fora. Warned.

Offline Rounder

• What in the Sam Hill are you people talking about?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2017, 08:45:22 AM »
More than 24 hours without a FE answer, so I think I will satisfy your curiosity and tell you what a fairly definitive FE source believes: the continents float upon the sea, and they bob up and down in the water.  So what appears to land based observers to be water rising and falling is actually the land itself rising and falling.
Proud member of İntikam's "Ignore List"
Ok. You proven you are unworthy to unignored. You proven it was a bad idea to unignore you. and it was for me a disgusting experience...Now you are going to place where you deserved and accustomed.
Quote from: SexWarrior
You accuse {FE} people of malice where incompetence suffice

totallackey

« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2017, 11:48:54 AM »
Since there is no gravitational pull from the moon or the sun, what causes the high and low ocean tides I see everyday?

Water has characteristics of set motion such as currents and flow.

The tides are part of this type of movement.

Offline rabinoz

• Just look South at the Stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2017, 12:09:53 PM »

Water has characteristics of set motion such as currents and flow.

The tides are part of this type of movement.
In other words you haven't the slightest idea. Thought as much.

Any clue as to why the timing of the tides is definitely connected to the phases of the moon?

« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2017, 07:42:34 PM »
Interestingly enough, the moons gravity has no effect whatsoever when it comes to extremely large lakes.

The tides, and currents, both air and water are caused by intense evaporation from the energy of the Sun.

« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2017, 07:58:48 PM »
Interestingly enough, the moons gravity has no effect whatsoever when it comes to extremely large lakes.

http://oceanservice.noaa.gov/facts/gltides.html

"True tides—changes in water level caused by the gravitational forces of the sun and moon—do occur in a semi-diurnal (twice daily) pattern on the Great Lakes. Studies indicate that the Great Lakes spring tide, the largest tides caused by the combined forces of the sun and moon, is less than five centimeters in height. These minor variations are masked by the greater fluctuations in lake levels produced by wind and barometric pressure changes. Consequently, the Great Lakes are considered to be non-tidal."

The tides, and currents, both air and water are caused by intense evaporation from the energy of the Sun.

... he stated confidently, without evidence or even a basic understanding of the math to describe such a process.

Offline Flatout

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2017, 02:29:14 AM »
Please explain how evaporation effects tides.

Offline Novarus

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2017, 07:11:57 PM »
Please explain how evaporation effects tides.

And how it seems to be a cyclical process in direct and predictable relation to the position and phase of the moon.