Anyone Have Proof
« on: November 26, 2017, 09:22:37 AM »
Just curious....any FErs can you provide any of the following?

1. A picture of a flat earth from space?
2. A map of the earth?
3. A single reputable scientist or peer reviewed paper supporting flat earth?
4. A co conspirator involved in the flat earth coverup?
5. An answer as to why Einstein or Stephen Hawking could be so stupid as to think the earth is round?
6. Has anyone travelled or attempted to travel to the end of the earth?

Just curious....got any of that?

Re: Anyone Have Proof
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2017, 02:50:54 AM »
Im still waiting.....

« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2017, 03:17:49 AM »
Before you ask anything of us, ask yourself this. Do you have faith god watches over us and wills us his love? The Earth is flat because the Lord deemed it so, and no amount of questioning and science can disprove the word of God and the teachings of the Bible. This site is for the collaboration of believers, not for the flocking of sheep. Amen

Offline Rounder

• What in the Sam Hill are you people talking about?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2017, 03:43:43 AM »
The Earth is flat because the Lord deemed it so, and no amount of questioning and science can disprove the word of God and the teachings of the Bible.
This is most definitely NOT the accepted position of this website.  Some FE adherents perhaps, but not the typical FE.

This site is for the collaboration of believers, not for the flocking of sheep. Amen
Um, no, it really isn't.
Evidence for my assertion:
Proud member of İntikam's "Ignore List"
Ok. You proven you are unworthy to unignored. You proven it was a bad idea to unignore you. and it was for me a disgusting experience...Now you are going to place where you deserved and accustomed.
Quote from: SexWarrior
You accuse {FE} people of malice where incompetence suffice

Offline juner

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2017, 03:51:33 AM »
Im still waiting.....

Don't bump posts you make less than 24 hours apart. No one owes you a reply. Warned.

« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2017, 06:17:26 AM »
Just curious....any FErs can you provide any of the following?

1. A picture of a flat earth from space?
2. A map of the earth?
3. A single reputable scientist or peer reviewed paper supporting flat earth?
4. A co conspirator involved in the flat earth coverup?
5. An answer as to why Einstein or Stephen Hawking could be so stupid as to think the earth is round?
6. Has anyone travelled or attempted to travel to the end of the earth?

Just curious....got any of that?
Not sure why my last post was 'low content' when answering everything truthfully. But let's try this again laying out exactly the information I have for each question.

1. No. Many FE believe any sort of orbit or getting above the plane of the Earth isn't possible. Either due to a disbelief in orbital mechanics, or simply because it's obviously impossibly to sustain an acceleration of 9.8 m/s/s via a man-made means. Some as well support a dome, whereupon anything attempting to achieve such heights would crash into it. Note the dome tends to be more religious in nature, but there are a few non-religious FE believers who support the idea.
2. No. There is no current map of the flat Earth that is supported by all. There are a small handful of proposed ideas for how it could look, but no official FE map. See: https://wiki.tfes.org/Layout_of_the_Continents
3. https://wiki.tfes.org/Flat_Earth_Literature That contains all that the FES considers to fall within that category as far as I'm aware. The most notable is likely Lady Blount's repeat of the Bedford Level Experiment.
4. I have not seen any reference to such on this site, although there are some who claim that about various personages. I cannot presently locate the wiki information on a man who spoke out against NASA on some things around the time of the Apollo 1 fires though unfortunately.
5. Not sure how better to put this than the two prevailing theories are that they are either in on it, or they are simply following the masses in assuming a round Earth.
6. I at one point was directed to an account written by a crusader describing finding the 'edge of the world' but there have been few more recent attempts. I believe the literature page linked above contains a link to one such attempt at least though.