Offline Ghost Spaghetti

• Don't look in that mirror. It's absolutely furious
    • View Profile
Re: Trump
« Reply #500 on: February 02, 2017, 10:08:06 AM »
The weird thing is that under any other president, including Dubya, a news story that implied that he was considering invading Mexico could be easily dismissed. With Trump, you really have to double-check.

Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
« Reply #501 on: February 02, 2017, 11:40:03 AM »
The weird thing is that under any other president, including Dubya, a news story that implied that he was considering invading Mexico could be easily dismissed. With Trump, you really have to double-check.
It correlates, yes, but the rapid decline of mainstream media started long before Trump. Naturally, few people paid attention before they started plastering accusations of fascism all over the place.
Read the FAQ before asking your question - chances are we already addressed it.
Follow the Flat Earth Society on Twitter and Facebook!

If we are not speculating then we must assume

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #502 on: February 02, 2017, 12:00:04 PM »
According to Mexico, he did not

www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/mexico-deny-donald-trump-send-troops-over-us-mexico-border-president-enrique-pena-nieto-american-a7558526.html

Don't forget that Saddam's source was ABC

Eh, I'm iffy on trusting the Mexican president on this.  Context and tone would help and it could have been a joke or an offer of aid more than anything else.

Or the Mexican president could be trying very hard to not make people panic.
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

« Reply #503 on: February 02, 2017, 12:14:28 PM »

Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
« Reply #504 on: February 02, 2017, 12:17:42 PM »
Eh, I'm iffy on trusting the Mexican president on this.  Context and tone would help and it could have been a joke or an offer of aid more than anything else.
More or less iffy than you are on trusting an anonymous person who provided one alleged sentence of a phone conversation, and one sentence only?

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #505 on: February 02, 2017, 12:34:44 PM »
More or less iffy than you are on trusting an anonymous person who provided one alleged sentence of a phone conversation, and one sentence only?
Eh, I trust the AP.
https://apnews.com/0b3f5db59b2e4aa78cdbbf008f27fb49
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
« Reply #506 on: February 02, 2017, 12:35:43 PM »
Eh, I trust the AP.
And they're telling you exactly what I told you. An unidentified source gave them a one-sentence excerpt. Why is this better than the same AP telling you that a person who actually partook in the conversation dismisses this allegation as lies?

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #507 on: February 02, 2017, 12:37:33 PM »
Eh, I trust the AP.
And they're telling you exactly what I told you. An unidentified source gave them a one-sentence excerpt. Why is this better than the same AP telling you that a person who actually partook in the conversation dismisses this allegation as lies?

Oh, I misread.  I missed the excerpt part.  I thought they got the whole transcript.  Nor that it was just one line.

Then yeah, I agree with your point.

Online honk

• resident goose
    • View Profile
« Reply #508 on: February 02, 2017, 12:54:20 PM »
And then there's Australia:

http://www.cnn.com/2017/02/01/politics/malcolm-turnbull-donald-trump-pena-nieto/

Their account of the conversation with the Mexican president is a bit different, too.

ur retartet but u donut even no it and i walnut tell u y

Offline Ghost Spaghetti

• Don't look in that mirror. It's absolutely furious
    • View Profile
« Reply #509 on: February 02, 2017, 01:47:21 PM »
It correlates, yes, but the rapid decline of mainstream media started long before Trump. Naturally, few people paid attention before they started plastering accusations of fascism all over the place.

That's not what I mean. Every so often you got bonkers stories about Dubya doing something, or saying something terrible and it was so far-fetched as to need about 5 seconds to dismiss.

Trump has spent his political career - such as it is - saying such outrageous things that it's sometimes difficult to know what's silly hyperbole or fabrication, and what he's actually said.

Offline juner

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #511 on: February 02, 2017, 03:57:41 PM »

« Reply #512 on: February 02, 2017, 04:08:04 PM »
I was using wording from another article, but yes, when shit's on fire, it's a riot.

Offline juner

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #513 on: February 02, 2017, 04:20:35 PM »
I was using wording from another article, but yes, when shit's on fire, it's a riot.

Fair enough.

I assume everyone who has seen coverage of it knows it wasn't a protest. It was rioting and terrorism literally to the definitions of the words. Free speech isn't a one way road like these psychos seem to think. I don't care for Milo at all, but civil rights were violated. People need to be held accountable and I hope some people go to prison for a long time. A bunch of cowards behind masks committing arson, assault & battery, and what certainly looks like attempted murder (or murder if the guy didn't make it). So yeah, if local authorities won't do anything about, then I won't get upset at federal intervention.

Some examples of the "protesters" just from the top comments on the main Reddit article:

and    https://i.redditmedia.com/Tr5HvR52TusHBrKZlthFYvNrFUv8oxPSjJxSn0RhFu8.png?w=914&s=d8f0d97e4cea74aa230d1cf0a09bfdbb

Plenty more examples are available.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2017, 04:24:25 PM by junker »

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #514 on: February 02, 2017, 04:34:33 PM »
I haven't read up on it but yeah that sounds pretty bad if it's rioting.

Online honk

• resident goose
    • View Profile
« Reply #515 on: February 02, 2017, 04:59:30 PM »
Trump threatened to cut off federal funding for UC Berkeley if they continue protesting against Milo.

I think this is one of those cases where Trump is just straight-up trolling. He's far too busy to be worrying about this.
ur retartet but u donut even no it and i walnut tell u y

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #516 on: February 02, 2017, 05:19:44 PM »
Trump threatened to cut off federal funding for UC Berkeley if they continue protesting against Milo.

I think this is one of those cases where Trump is just straight-up trolling. He's far too busy to be worrying about this.
Pfft.

Right.
Like he's far too busy to complain about crowd size?  The popular vote?

Offline xasop

• Administrator
  • Professional computer somebody
    • View Profile
« Reply #517 on: February 02, 2017, 05:28:36 PM »
And then there's Australia:

http://www.cnn.com/2017/02/01/politics/malcolm-turnbull-donald-trump-pena-nieto/

Trump is absolutely correct in everything he said there. Someone should have told Turnbull that years ago.
when you try to mock anyone while also running the flat earth society. Lol

Offline Luke 22:35-38

• The earth is round. Prove I'm wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #518 on: February 02, 2017, 08:43:10 PM »
Isaiah 40:22 "It is he that sitteth upon the CIRCLE of the earth"

Scripture, science, facts, stats, and logic is how I argue

Evolutionism is a religion. Can dumb luck create a smart brain?

Please PM me to explain sunsets.

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #519 on: February 02, 2017, 09:05:45 PM »
Wow...

Ok, how do you fake syrian refugee status?  And to what end?  You still don't pick your country.  You go where the un says.

Also, cite source of that 70% please.

Here's how migrants are faking refugee status.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/europe/migrants-are-disguising-themselves-as-syrians-to-gain-entry-to-europe/2015/09/22/827c6026-5bd8-11e5-8475-781cc9851652_story.html

Europe is the US now?  How interesting...
Also, that article talked of arriving en mass wih others for a bettr life, not terrorism.  So... Yeah, doesn't help your point since refugees aren't able to arrive "en mass" to America.

Here's the stats showing 70% of Muslim support at least some form of sharia law.

http://pamelageller.com/2011/11/70-of-american-muslims-say-us-should-impose-sharia-legalized-polygamy.html/

https://themuslimissue.wordpress.com/2013/05/04/statistics-the-muslim-worlds-problem-over-70-of-muslims-support-sharia-law-90-support-execution-of-apostates/

A website surveying its members via web poll is not scientific nor unbiased.

And oh the other does not show the muslims in the US.  It surveys muslims who live in countries that operate under shair law.  If you made a survey on who thinks their country should run under the US constitution's laws, I bet Americans would be at 90% yes.  Its a heavily biased survey.