No, because it actually makes sense. Where else would they get a chance to do research in the way that Antarctica provides?

Christ! Thats the longest research project ever surely! What the hell have they been doing for 59 years!??

It's not like they're all doing the exact same thing! They're not toddlers! Please, please explain to me how your magical ice wall makes more sense than this?!

hahaha thats a massive assumption that I believe in a magical ice wall

Not really, ever heard of like...every Flat Earther saying there is an ice wall that no one has seen because...government?

Your mistake is lumping everyone into one group ... not everyone has the exact same conclusions.

Offline ElTrancy

• God help and forgive me
    • View Profile
Assuming everyone was involved. Our amateurs are all faked, but yours are like god send. Great job following the stupidity of the Flat Earth stereotype.

What amateurs am I putting forward? You have become really accusatory out of nowhere ... I've not said that anything is fact ... I've just questioned the authenticity of it all.

Yours, referring to a group of people in the 2nd person. As in the Flat Earth society "proving" the Earth was flat with "amateur videos"
Please fucking launch a mininuke at me, I've become hopelessly lost.

No, because it actually makes sense. Where else would they get a chance to do research in the way that Antarctica provides?

Christ! Thats the longest research project ever surely! What the hell have they been doing for 59 years!??

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Research_stations_in_Antarctica

Follow links to find the research done at each individual station. Take your time. If you're back here in 10 minutes saying it's all fake, everyone will KNOW you haven't bothered.

Wikipedia man? Really? Do you think wikipedia is an infallible source of information?

Then look it up yourself!

I will, thanks. I can't know everything at once lol.

Offline jcks

• View Profile
Why are you bringing up a film? Makes zero logical sense.

Because anything can be faked

No, it cannot.

Look on YouTube, and you can find amateur video from folks in California who saw for themselves the final burn of the SpaceX Falcon Heavy / Tesla, that which took it out of Earth orbit and out toward Mars. How would anyone fake this?

Other amateur observers tracked it once it had left, and imaged it with their telescopes once it had passed the Moon. Again, how would you fake this such that at least two independent observers came out with imagery of it?

Who are these "amateurs"? You sure these people are legit and not involved?

You're starting to enter conspiracy theory territory now. You'll need to continue making outlandish claims with no evidence to support your assertion that space travel is fake instead of simply accepting that something has gone into space.

Consider this: why would SpaceX feel the need to put on such an extravagant show? What monetary gain did they receive from this and future related projects? They can't funnel tax payer money like NASA since they are a private entity.

So what do they get out of all this?

Offline Tumeni

• View Profile

Look on YouTube for their names or YouTube IDs.

If you want to prove they are 'involved' (in what?), then provide some evidence of their involvement. Merely casting doubt on whether or not they're genuine is no proof of anything. There's more than one.
=============================
Not Flat. Happy to prove this, if you ask me.

Nearly all flat earthers agree the earth is not a globe.

Nearly?

Assuming everyone was involved. Our amateurs are all faked, but yours are like god send. Great job following the stupidity of the Flat Earth stereotype.

What amateurs am I putting forward? You have become really accusatory out of nowhere ... I've not said that anything is fact ... I've just questioned the authenticity of it all.

Yours, referring to a group of people in the 2nd person. As in the Flat Earth society "proving" the Earth was flat with "amateur videos"

What are you even on about right now? I never said you are claiming I said?  ;D

Offline ElTrancy

• View Profile
Fine, explain Antarctica in your own words, so I'm not clumping you all together. and while you're at it, explain what you think happens at the edge of your flat disk.

Offline ElTrancy

• View Profile

What are you even on about right now? I never said you are claiming I said?  ;D

Give us proof they are fake, and we'll be on our merry way. That's all.

Offline Tumeni

• View Profile
Wikipedia man? Really? Do you think wikipedia is an infallible source of information?

If you think any of the information in that specific page is false, then correct it with verifiable sources for your correction, and see if your correction lasts.

I suspect you have no verifiable sources, AND, as I suspected you would, you're casting doubt on a page with 42 separate references to external verification within a few minutes of me posting it. You haven't even bothered to look at it, beyond skimming the title, have you?

Nearly?

No, it cannot.

Look on YouTube, and you can find amateur video from folks in California who saw for themselves the final burn of the SpaceX Falcon Heavy / Tesla, that which took it out of Earth orbit and out toward Mars. How would anyone fake this?

Other amateur observers tracked it once it had left, and imaged it with their telescopes once it had passed the Moon. Again, how would you fake this such that at least two independent observers came out with imagery of it?

You're starting to enter conspiracy theory territory now. You'll need to continue making outlandish claims with no evidence to support your assertion that space travel is fake instead of simply accepting that something has gone into space.

Consider this: why would SpaceX feel the need to put on such an extravagant show? What monetary gain did they receive from this and future related projects? They can't funnel tax payer money like NASA since they are a private entity.

Look into SpaceEx, Tesla was a company on its arse, until out of nowhere they get a couple of billion contract ... me thinks they are being propt up as an "independent" "private" company ... seeing as NASA's credibility is a bit shifty these days ... I don't trust Elon ... creating Paypal dont make you a scientist!  ::)

Offline Tumeni

• View Profile
Gav, look at this. I mean, really, LOOK at the whole of it, and tell us what you think is going on;

Nearly?

If you think any of the information in that specific page is false, then correct it with verifiable sources for your correction, and see if your correction lasts.

I suspect you have no verifiable sources, AND, as I suspected you would, you're casting doubt on a page with 42 separate references to external verification within a few minutes of me posting it. You haven't even bothered to look at it, beyond skimming the title, have you?

No, I haven't got time to read it yet ... I'm not an android sir ;-)

Offline ElTrancy

• View Profile
It kinda seems like they're not doing so well, so where is that couple billion dollar grant again?
http://www.bbc.com/news/business-43365710

Gav, look at this. I mean, really, LOOK at the whole of it, and tell us what you think is going on;

a lot of numbers are changing and an telescopey type thing is turning left and right .... Oh I'm convinced!  ;D

Offline ElTrancy

• View Profile
Not actually reading things, and denying them at face value without actually paying attention. Almost sounds like...oh wow, an idiot.

Offline Tumeni

• View Profile
Look into SpaceEx, Tesla was a company on its arse, until out of nowhere they get a couple of billion contract ... me thinks they are being propt up as an "independent" "private" company ... seeing as NASA's credibility is a bit shifty these days ... I don't trust Elon ... creating Paypal dont make you a scientist!  ::)

Yes, look into the number of worldwide satellite operators who are literally queueing up to get SpaceX to launch stuff for them in 2018, or in past launches;

Orbcomm, Iridium, Thaisat, GFZ, SES, Telesat, NASA/ESA/Roscosmos, Telkom Indonesia, US Air Force, Arabsat,  etc etc

Nearly?

Not actually reading things, and denying them at face value without actually paying attention. Almost sounds like...oh wow, an idiot.

Thanks for that ... so you understand completely whats going on in that video? You can corroborate all the data you see there? Sorry didn't know you were a genius

Offline Tumeni

• View Profile
No, I haven't got time to read it yet ... I'm not an android sir ;-)

So you're decrying it without actually reading it, is that it?

Nearly?

Offline ElTrancy

• View Profile

Thanks for that ... so you understand completely whats going on in that video? You can corroborate all the data you see there? Sorry didn't know you were a genius

I can't even see the video, as I have a strange block on my websites, but I probably would look into it.

Offline jcks

• View Profile

No, it cannot.

SpaceX, according to their site, was founded in 2002. The NASA contract was done in 2016 with the intent of them launching a satellite in 2021. They did not buy or create SpaceX they hired them for a job. That's what it means to be contracted.