Repost: Geocentric? More like Egocentric
« on: December 02, 2015, 08:36:25 AM »
This is a repost from the original FES: after vibrating the man who wrote this, I got his premission to repost his topic. Tell me what you think.

Let's analyse the implications of what an geocentric SS means.
It's not difficult to find the distance to any planet using a method called parralax.
So we measure the distance to Neptune, could be any other planet but it's my favorite. Now we know the distance we can use geometry to figure out its speed. Since it is suppose to orbit earth once per 24hours, lets make an equation, making no assumptions at all.

If an object moves in a circular path, we can understand that the distance it travels, divided by the time it takes equals the speed(change in position)/(change in time). Since we know the radius of the sircoolar path, which is the distance from centre to path. We can determine the orbital distance, which is the circumference=2pi*r

so, we get Speed=(2Pi*r)/(time)

I have personally measured Neptune to be approximately 4.7 billion km away from earth, I work as an astronomer, you see.

now the input: Speed=(2*pi*4.7 10^12m)/(24h*60m/h*60s/m) and we get?

Speed=341 793 645 m/s

Clearly this is impossible. Unless neptunians have Alcubierre drive, which I find highly implausible.

To make a model, based on science, which contradicts the most fundamental laws of physics? Let me ask you, is truly egocentric by definition to believe everything revolves around me!

Offline Pongo

• Most Educated Flat-Earther
  • Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Repost: Geocentric? More like Egocentric
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2015, 03:16:26 AM »
Why do you presume Neptune is orbiting the earth?

« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2015, 07:45:54 AM »
I am simply repeating what is stated in the Geocentric model.

Offline Pongo

• Most Educated Flat-Earther
  • Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2015, 05:28:23 PM »
In that case, I foresee this being a long and productive thread.  Good hunting.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2015, 05:40:47 PM by Pongo »

Offline UnionsOfSolarSystemPlanet

• The Moon orbits spherical Earth!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2015, 05:36:58 PM »
The Standard FES model states that planets orbit the Sun and actually very small and closer (no size given lol)
http://wiki.tfes.org/Planets#Size_and_Magnitude
They didn't even draw a path on how outer planet even go retrogade, it only makes sense for an inner planet.
The size of the Solar system if the Moon were only 1 pixel:
http://joshworth.com/dev/pixelspace/pixelspace_solarsystem.html

Offline mikeman7918

• Round Earther
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2015, 04:35:51 PM »
This is not the most persuasive evidence I have seen that Earth is round, not that it isn't persuasive.  The point is: it's not about evidence.  Flat earthers will religiously stick to their beliefs no matter what evidence they see that they are wrong because their bias is so strong it could survive a nuclear blast.
If we are having a debate and you resort to using insults and ad hominem fallacies then I will consider that a win.  You have been warned.

Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2015, 06:39:25 PM »
This is not the most persuasive evidence I have seen that Earth is round, not that it isn't persuasive.  The point is: it's not about evidence.  Flat earthers will religiously stick to their beliefs no matter what evidence they see that they are wrong because their bias is so strong it could survive a nuclear blast.
Alternatively, we're not fans of "evidence" which heavily relies on assuming the intended conclusion. It usually goes like this:

• The Earth is round
  • Since the Earth is round, <stuff happens>
  • Therefore, the Earth is round and only a fanatic would think otherwise!

You see, insulting your discussion partner for demanding a high standard of evidence and especially resorting to ad hominems and No True Scotsman fallacies is very unlikely to help your case.
Read the FAQ before asking your question - chances are we already addressed it.
Follow the Flat Earth Society on Twitter and Facebook!

If we are not speculating then we must assume

Offline mikeman7918

• Round Earther
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2015, 04:07:05 PM »
Alternatively, we're not fans of "evidence" which heavily relies on assuming the intended conclusion. It usually goes like this:

• The Earth is round
  • Since the Earth is round, <stuff happens>
  • Therefore, the Earth is round and only a fanatic would think otherwise!

You see, insulting your discussion partner for demanding a high standard of evidence and especially resorting to ad hominems and No True Scotsman fallacies is very unlikely to help your case.

I have actually done multiple experiments testing said predictions that all seem to agree that Earth is round.  There is one that I have not yet done yet that is meant to measure horizon curvature from a mountain top.  According to round Earth predictions, curvature should be measurable (but not noticeable without measuring equipment) from the top of a decently sized mountain.  Flat earthers seem fond of claiming that the horizon is always at eye level and that proves flat Earth.  This seems like the perfect experiment to settle the debate once and for all.  Would you like to make a bet on what the results will be?

What is a falsifiable experiment to test the shape of the Earth?  Would you abandon flat Earth if the experiment found that Earth was round?  What would convince you that Earth is not flat?
If we are having a debate and you resort to using insults and ad hominem fallacies then I will consider that a win.  You have been warned.