Offline rooster

• View Profile
Now Playing (the Video Game Version)
« on: December 01, 2013, 08:29:19 PM »
Original post from the old thread:

So yes, I decided I had to make another general thread because I'm tired of sitting there thinking of whether or not I should make an entire thread about a game just because I want to say something about it. Of course, specialized threads for specific games and series are still great if you want to talk about them, but here's a place where you can just comment on something you're playing, something you just played, or whatnot.

I'm resurrecting this one because I had just recently posted that I started playing Baldur's Gate multiplayer with A&A. The game itself is fun, but the damn thing keeps crashing to the point of being impossible to play. It's very upsetting.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2013, 08:31:00 PM by rooster »

Re: Now Playing (the Video Game Version)
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2013, 10:02:50 PM »
Pokemon is so damn easy now. The singleplayer used to be a bit of a challenge when you hit a gym leader that countered your lineup or battled your rival in the late game. Now every gym leader has like 3 pokemon that I one shot, and my rival isn't any different. You'd also get stuck on certain puzzles in your journey that you had to figure out, now there's a ridiculous amount of hand holding.

The game looks great and plays well but it's disappointing that I have to go online to get a real challenge.

Offline beardo

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2013, 10:05:57 PM »
poke 'em, mon.
The Mastery.

Offline Foxbox

• We live inside a dream.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2013, 10:07:11 PM »

Offline Snupes

• Planar Moderator
  • Counting wolves in your paranoiac intervals
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2013, 10:47:50 PM »
Pokemon is so damn easy now. The singleplayer used to be a bit of a challenge when you hit a gym leader that countered your lineup or battled your rival in the late game. Now every gym leader has like 3 pokemon that I one shot, and my rival isn't any different. You'd also get stuck on certain puzzles in your journey that you had to figure out, now there's a ridiculous amount of hand holding.

The game looks great and plays well but it's disappointing that I have to go online to get a real challenge.

Implying the gym leaders were ever actually difficult
There are cigarettes in joints. You don't smoke it by itself.

Offline rooster

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2013, 10:53:28 PM »

It is tons easier. The pokemon level up a lot faster and I didn't once faint during the league battles. Too easy really.

Offline Blanko

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2013, 10:54:40 PM »
Or maybe you got better at selecting the correct option given four

Offline rooster

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2013, 11:02:11 PM »
Or maybe you got better at selecting the correct option given four
Nah, I was playing Pokemon Pearl just a few months ago and I was having to grind my pokemon to level up since the Elites' pokemon were stronger than mine when I got to them.

« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2013, 11:49:19 PM »

Implying the gym leaders were ever actually difficult

First gen gym leaders were difficult. At least, when I did them as a kid they were and Pokemon was pretty easy to understand back then. I haven't done the elite 4 yet but I doubt they're any more difficult than anything else in the game.

« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2013, 11:55:01 PM »
Video games are generally harder when you're a kid.
I don't even care to find out what you're doing wrong, but I'm sure you're doing something wrong.

« Reply #10 on: December 01, 2013, 11:57:58 PM »
Video games are generally harder when you're a kid.

Well, yeah, but I don't think that accounts for the difference in difficulty. I remember getting stuck on Snorlax as a kid. It wasn't a terribly hard thing to figure out, but there wasn't any hand holding involved. In Pokemon Y they basically give you the damn flute after introducing the problem.

Offline rooster

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 02, 2013, 02:51:18 AM »
No. I was playing Pokemon Pearl just a couple of months ago and gave up cause I hate grinding, I beat Pokemon Y without fainting once. Definitely not a kid vs. adult situation. The game is just too easy.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2013, 05:03:55 AM by rooster »

« Reply #12 on: December 02, 2013, 03:23:06 AM »
I fainted once when I got into a sky battle with my only flying pokemon, which had low HP.

Saddam Hussein

« Reply #13 on: December 02, 2013, 04:08:41 AM »
I'm going on a DLC binge on my 360, now that I have a big-ass hard drive that I got for GTA V.  And speaking of GTA, I've completed the two DLCs from GTA IV, The Lost and Damned and The Ballad of Gay Tony.

« Reply #14 on: December 02, 2013, 04:26:18 AM »
I picked up the Elder Scrolls Anthology over the weekend.  Started replaying Morrowind and I forgot just how much the humanoid enemies kicked ass at lower levels.

Offline beardo

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 02, 2013, 06:06:16 AM »
Video games are for children.
The Mastery.

« Reply #16 on: December 02, 2013, 09:07:49 AM »
Video games spread paedophilia.

Offline beardo

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 02, 2013, 08:48:43 PM »

I am best seafarer.
The Mastery.

Offline Crudblud

• A Moist Delectable Gentleman
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 02, 2013, 09:19:08 PM »

I am best seafarer.

When pangaea maps go bad.

Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 02, 2013, 09:44:40 PM »
Let's have an FES Civ V party at some point or someshit.
Read the FAQ before asking your question - chances are we already addressed it.
Follow the Flat Earth Society on Twitter and Facebook!

If we are not speculating then we must assume