Offline AATW

• View Profile
Re: Trump
« Reply #9660 on: July 09, 2022, 07:31:22 AM »
Wow. Read the last few messages:

Johnson later came out with a crate of milk bottles and gave an interview

Is this what you consider an interview?

Reporter: Will you come on Good Morning Britain?
Boris: Of course I will.

That's an interview?
lol.

Tom clearly hasn’t bothered to find out the back story to all this. Which is Boris had promised to do an interview on the programme and then hadn’t. So they ambushed him and he ran away.
And then he won a landslide. People am stupid. Which is also how we got Trump of course. It’s cult of personality and the end result is we’ve had leaders in the US and UK who may be entertaining but don’t have the integrity or competency to run the country.

And, worse, the people caught up in the cult then double down as the leader lurches from lie to lie, disaster to disaster, rather than admitting to anyone, even themselves, that they got played.
Tom: "Claiming incredulity is a pretty bad argument. Calling it "insane" or "ridiculous" is not a good argument at all."

TFES Wiki Occam's Razor page, by Tom: "What's the simplest explanation; that NASA has successfully designed and invented never before seen rocket technologies from scratch which can accelerate 100 tons of matter to an escape velocity of 7 miles per second"

Offline Tom Bishop

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Flat Earth Believer
    • View Profile
« Reply #9661 on: July 09, 2022, 10:47:42 AM »
Wow. Read the last few messages:

Johnson later came out with a crate of milk bottles and gave an interview

Is this what you consider an interview?

https://youtu.be/by2pf_1KSog

Reporter: Will you come on Good Morning Britain?
Boris: Of course I will.

That's an interview?

That video you posted ends after he goes into the warehouse and says that he will be out shortly.

From your video:

- At 3:12 he says "I will be with you in a sec"

- The next minute in your video are of him walking into the building and talking to people inside and of reporters talking amongst themselves

- Video ends

Your video does not show when he came back. The Sun video that I had posted does, however. The Sun video, which you should have watched when I embedded it, clearly shows him answering political questions from reporters in front of the milk warehouse. Here is is again at that timestamp:

Quote from: AllAroundTheWorld
Which is Boris had promised to do an interview on the programme and then hadn’t. So they ambushed him and he ran away.

Yet we can see him answering political questions from reporters in front of the warehouse in the Sun video at the 1:19 mark above. You are clearly wrong that he "ran away".

People am stupid.

I don't see why we should talk about the faults of other people when we can see that the problem here in this thread is either with your blatant dishonesty or your blatant inability to comprehend simple content and concepts. Not sure which. I can only call it a delusion to be unable to see that he came out of the warehouse after saying that he would and answered political questions.

The Guardian article had also said that he was ambushed on his way to start his event, and was not a pre-planned interview:

"The prime minister was ambushed by the Good Morning Britain producer, Jonathan Swain, during a pre-dawn visit to Modern Milkman, a business in the Tory-held constituency of Pudsey, in Yorkshire."

"Conservative sources subsequently insisted that Johnson was “categorically not hiding” in the fridge, from which Johnson emerged carrying a crate of milk bottles – but instead his aides were taking a moment to prep the PM for a separate, pre-agreed interview."

This "criticism" is that he did not opt to give an impromptu unscheduled interview as he was going into the building, as if politicians are obligated to talk to anyone on demand in unscheduled interviews. This is incredibly short sighted of you.

Instead, Johnson told the reporters that he would be back shortly for his interview, which he did. Yet you persist in jumping up and down like a child and claiming that he "ran away" and that he should be giving unscheduled interviews on demand to anyone with a camera.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2022, 12:11:24 PM by Tom Bishop »

Offline AATW

• View Profile
« Reply #9662 on: July 09, 2022, 02:11:32 PM »
- At 3:12 he says "I will be with you in a sec"
Which was a lie. He went off and wasn't "with them in a sec". He didn't give them an interview at all. He ran away
He did give a separate interview to different people.

The Guardian article had also said that he was ambushed on his way to start his event, and was not a pre-planned interview
Yes. That's the story. Boris had promised to come on the programme, but didn't. Because he's a liar.
So they ambushed him. They asked him if he'd deliver on his promise to come on the programme and he said "of course I will".
But he didn't. Because he's a liar.
He then said "I will be with you in a second" - clearly talking directly to the ambusher. But he wasn't with them in a sec, he didn't come and talk to them at all. Because he's a liar.

Instead, Johnson told the reporters that he would be back shortly for his interview, which he did.
Liar. He clearly said to the GMB crew who ambushed him that he'd "be with them in a second". But he wasn't.
He did give a separate interview

and that he should be giving unscheduled interviews on demand to anyone with a camera.
Liar. When have I said that?

I think it's pretty reasonable to not give an interview to someone who ambushes you. Although it's pretty unreasonable to lie about going on the show and then failing to do so. And that's the underlying point which you are trying to avoid. Boris is a liar. Trump is a liar. Not in the way you are - you simply misrepresent and twist facts. Boris and Trump will tell you it's sunny while they're under an umbrella to shield them from the storm which fills the sky. The way they have further eroded trust in politicians and the system is deeply damaging. And it's worrying how cult-like the people who continue to follow them are, unable to see anything wrong in what they do, unable to admit to anyone, not even themselves, that they've been duped. But you have been. The emperor doesn't have any clothes on. I know introspection isn't your forte but come on dude, have a go.
Tom: "Claiming incredulity is a pretty bad argument. Calling it "insane" or "ridiculous" is not a good argument at all."

TFES Wiki Occam's Razor page, by Tom: "What's the simplest explanation; that NASA has successfully designed and invented never before seen rocket technologies from scratch which can accelerate 100 tons of matter to an escape velocity of 7 miles per second"

Offline Tom Bishop

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Flat Earth Believer
    • View Profile
« Reply #9663 on: July 10, 2022, 01:13:07 AM »
Liar. He clearly said to the GMB crew who ambushed him that he'd "be with them in a second". But he wasn't.
He did give a separate interview

You originally claimed that he ran away from reporter and denied that he came back out to give an interview. He did come back out to talk to reporters. So you were fundamentally wrong.

At one point the GMB crew shouted out a question while he was putting milk in the truck and he gave an answer. If the GMB crew really wanted to get their questions answered they could have found out who was scheduled to talk to the PM at that event and could have worked to come to a consensus of questions. This would be a more reasonable course of action rather than screaming out demands at someone walking into a building and publishing false and partisan accusations about hiding in a refrigerator.

This is a single outlet complaining that the PM did not give them an interview when they ambushed him demanding an interview, demanding that they deserve a special interview beyond the one that was scheduled. This is significantly different than "the PM hid in a fridge to avoid answering questions by reporters", which is clearly a partisan take on the matter.

I think it's pretty reasonable to not give an interview to someone who ambushes you.

Correct. He was not obligated to talk to them at all, yet he did.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2022, 02:06:37 AM by Tom Bishop »

Offline AATW

• View Profile
« Reply #9664 on: July 10, 2022, 12:23:44 PM »
This is an interesting post as it contains the two types of lying which are so lamentably common.

You originally claimed that he ran away from reporter and denied that he came back out to give an interview. He did come back out to talk to reporters. So you were fundamentally wrong.
So this is the sort of lying I expect from politicians. What I said wasn’t a claim, it’s what happened and it’s all on video. It was clear to anyone who isn’t trying to be dishonest that when I said he didn’t come back out to give an interview I meant he didn’t come back and give an interview to them.
He did give an interview to other people but that’s completely irrelevant.
So you’re deliberately misrepresenting the point and think this scores you internet points. Everyone can see through it.

The back story is Johnson had promised to come on GMB, but hadn’t. The ambush was the result of that broken promise. During the ambush he said he’d “be with them in a second”, but wasn’t. He didn’t come back to give them an interview. He did reply to one of their shouted questions, they asked if he would honour his promise to come on GMB and said “of course I will”. But didn’t, of course.

I think it's pretty reasonable to not give an interview to someone who ambushes you.

And this is the second level of lying. The type where the claim is literally opposite of the truth. It’s a level so beloved of Johnson and Trump. They say dogs come to look like their owners, maybe supporters of people like Trump and Johnson - almost cult members, really - pick up their traits.
He didn’t talk to them - not by any sensible definition. He shouted 2 lies at them but he never came back to give them an interview.
It’s reasonable to think he didn’t have to give an interview having been ambushed - although he only got ambushed because he’d broken a prior promise to appear on the programme. But to pretend he gave an interview which he didn’t is Trumpian lying. I can see why you like him.

Offline AATW

• View Profile
« Reply #9665 on: July 11, 2022, 08:24:00 AM »
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-62117137

Amazing. Will definitely be watching.

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9666 on: July 11, 2022, 10:41:43 AM »

Odd that he'd want only public, not private.  But maybe he's afraid of intimidation tactics?
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

Offline Action80

• View Profile
« Reply #9667 on: July 11, 2022, 10:59:56 AM »

"We want to get all our questions answered, and you can't do that in a live format," "We want to get in plenty of rehearsal time in order to look good for the cameras, "committee member Zoe Lofgren - a Democrat - told CNN.
FTF the idiot.
To be honest I am getting pretty bored of this place.

Offline Tom Bishop

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Flat Earth Believer
    • View Profile
« Reply #9668 on: July 11, 2022, 01:59:01 PM »
So this is the sort of lying I expect from politicians. What I said wasn’t a claim, it’s what happened and it’s all on video. It was clear to anyone who isn’t trying to be dishonest that when I said he didn’t come back out to give an interview I meant he didn’t come back and give an interview to them.

Incorrect. The claim was that he was hiding from reporters in a refrigerator. This claim was wrong because he came out and gave an interview to reporters.

If you are claiming that he didn't go around giving impromptu unscheduled interviews to every reporter there who wanted an interview with him, that would be correct. But that is a pretty poor criticism on your end when we put it that way.

Quote from: Tom Bishop

And this is the second level of lying. The type where the claim is literally opposite of the truth. It’s a level so beloved of Johnson and Trump. They say dogs come to look like their owners, maybe supporters of people like Trump and Johnson - almost cult members, really - pick up their traits.
He didn’t talk to them - not by any sensible definition. He shouted 2 lies at them but he never came back to give them an interview.

He actually just said that he would be with them in a sec. That wasn't a promise for an interview. He came back and they shouted a question and he answered it. He had an interview with the reporters he was scheduled with.

« Last Edit: July 11, 2022, 05:03:04 PM by Tom Bishop »

Offline crutonius

• Just a regular guy. No funny business here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9669 on: July 11, 2022, 05:07:24 PM »

Odd that he'd want only public, not private.  But maybe he's afraid of intimidation tactics?

I'm guessing he most likely wants to try it into a farce and use it as an opportunity to spread propaganda.

https://famous-trials.com/hitler/2524-the-hitler-beer-hall-putsch-trial-an-account

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9670 on: July 11, 2022, 06:19:13 PM »

I'm guessing he most likely wants to try it into a farce and use it as an opportunity to spread propaganda.

https://famous-trials.com/hitler/2524-the-hitler-beer-hall-putsch-trial-an-account

That was a really good read.
So.much parrallel to today.
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

Offline stack

• View Profile
« Reply #9671 on: July 14, 2022, 06:33:36 PM »
Interesting bit of business...Apparently, a bunch of conservative seemingly high-up and well-regarded lawyers, lawmakers, & federal judges just published a 72 page report taking on each of Trump's stop the steal cases and trashed them all.

LOST, NOT STOLEN
The Conservative Case that Trump Lost and BidenWon the 2020 Presidential Election

Senator John Danforth
Benjamin Ginsberg
The Honorable Thomas B. Griffith
David Hoppe
The Honorable J. Michael Luttig
The Honorable Michael W. McConnell
The Honorable Theodore B. Olson
Senator Gordon H. Smith

They looked at more than 60 court cases Trump and his supporters filed and lost in six key battleground states. It reached the "unequivocal" conclusion that the former Republican president's claims were unsupportable.

From the report:

But there is absolutely no evidence of fraud in the 2020 Presidential Election on the magnitude necessary to shift the result in any state, let alone the nation as a whole. In fact, there was no fraud that changed the outcome in even a single precinct. It is wrong, and bad for our country, for people to propagate baseless claims that President Biden’s election was not legitimate.

Rama Set

« Reply #9672 on: July 14, 2022, 06:46:35 PM »
Based on the leaked Bannon audio, it seems pretty clear Trump was knowingly pushing falsehoods and planned it before the election.

Offline Dr Van Nostrand

• There may be something to this 'Matrix' stuff...
    • View Profile
« Reply #9673 on: July 14, 2022, 07:57:24 PM »
Based on the leaked Bannon audio, it seems pretty clear Trump was knowingly pushing falsehoods and planned it before the election.

That is how the Donald rolls. It was clear during his first year in office when he tried to federalize the elections and claimed that 3 million people illegally voted for Hillary Clinton.

You would think this audio would be some kind of bombshell but it will have no impact at all. Most normal people already knew Trump was full of shit. His radicalized followers will simply dismiss this as part of the space lizard liberal conspiracy.

The Trumpians cannot accept that they are not national heroes saving our country from a vast conspiracy but just a bunch of idiots who got scammed by 1990s flim-flam man.
Round Earther patiently looking for a better deal...

If the world is flat, it means that I have been deceived by a global, multi-generational conspiracy spending trillions of dollars over hundreds of years.
If the world is round, it means that you’re just an idiot who believes stupid crap on the internet.

Offline crutonius

• Just a regular guy. No funny business here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9674 on: July 14, 2022, 09:03:04 PM »
Ah but the Jan 6 insurrections were antifa. Simultaneously they were also Maga lunatics.

A quantum extremist superposition.

Offline Dr Van Nostrand

• View Profile
« Reply #9675 on: July 14, 2022, 09:10:02 PM »
Ah but the Jan 6 insurrections were antifa. Simultaneously they were also Maga lunatics.

A quantum extremist superposition.

Heisenberg's mongoloid.

If the world is flat, it means that I have been deceived by a global, multi-generational conspiracy spending trillions of dollars over hundreds of years.
If the world is round, it means that you’re just an idiot who believes stupid crap on the internet.

Offline AATW

• View Profile
« Reply #9676 on: July 14, 2022, 10:23:51 PM »
You would think this audio would be some kind of bombshell but it will have no impact at all. Most normal people already knew Trump was full of shit. His radicalized followers will simply dismiss this as part of the space lizard liberal conspiracy.

The Trumpians cannot accept that they are not national heroes saving our country from a vast conspiracy but just a bunch of idiots who got scammed by 1990s flim-flam man.
Right. It’s been clear from the start that there was no credible evidence of voter fraud. But the hardcore Trumpians, who are basically cult members, can’t accept that their hero might be wrong. They’re too wrapped up in the cult of Trump and they don’t realise it. Which I guess is part of what makes it a cult - the members don’t realise they’re in one.
And the root of all this is a narcissist who has never understood that anyone can ever say no to him. So when the country said no to him he threw his toys out of the pram and did everything he could to stay in power. It’s depressing how many people fell for it and continue to.

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9677 on: July 15, 2022, 08:16:29 AM »

Right. It’s been clear from the start that there was no credible evidence of voter fraud. But the hardcore Trumpians, who are basically cult members, can’t accept that their hero might be wrong. They’re too wrapped up in the cult of Trump and they don’t realise it. Which I guess is part of what makes it a cult - the members don’t realise they’re in one.
And the root of all this is a narcissist who has never understood that anyone can ever say no to him. So when the country said no to him he threw his toys out of the pram and did everything he could to stay in power. It’s depressing how many people fell for it and continue to.
Its worse than a cult of Trump.  Its a deep, core feeling that everyone is against you.  That you're the Underdog.  That the other side wants to destroy your way of life and possibly kill you.  And Trump is the only one who talks like it is.  The only one who stands up and yells about destroying the evil in America.
But his words wouldn't matter if people didn't already accept them.

America is fucked.  Almost half the country thinks they're the scrappy resistance fighting against an all powerful evil that wants to destroy them and enslave the world.

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9678 on: July 22, 2022, 10:43:37 PM »

Offline Dr Van Nostrand

• View Profile
« Reply #9679 on: July 23, 2022, 12:31:23 PM »
January hearings quick summary.

https://www.npr.org/2022/07/22/1112324462/jan-6-hearing-takeaways

The sad thing is that just like the Mueller Report, it's the object truth, in black and white, in their face, kicking their ass and the dim-witted right will still willfully ignore it. Like Nixon, everyone around Trump will go to jail and he'll walk away.

The whole thing would have been a complete waste except for this bit...