Offline stack

• View Profile
Re: Trump
« Reply #7980 on: January 01, 2021, 08:07:00 PM »
It really is remarkable. I mean you couldn’t make this stuff up if you wanted to. Team Trump of sycophants/confidants/advisors:

Lin Wood: The above link basically says it all
Mike Lindell: My Pillow Guy - Didn’t he claim earlier last year that some drug was a cure for Covid and he just so happened to be an investor in the drug manufacturers company…
Patrick Byrne: Former Overstock.com CEO who resigned after revealing his intimate relationship with a Russian Doll and promoting deep state/Qanon garbage, tanking his companies stock in the mean time.
Sydney Powell: Can’t seem to tell the difference between a cyber security expert and a motor pool mechanic. And will probably be bankrupted by the fallout from the Dominion and Smartmatic defamation suits.
Jenna Ellis: God girl who is a self-described constitutional law expert, a description only eclipsed by the fact that she has little to no constitutional law experience
Rudi Giuliani: And of course, the coup d’gras, Randy Rudi - One hand down his pants and another wiping covid laced hair dye from his cheeks whilst singlehandedly causing all of the Arizona assembly to shut down and quarantine. Not to mention showcasing a day-drinking star witness and passing some gas to punctuate his points. And let’s not forget the 4 Seasons debacle.

Rama Set

« Reply #7981 on: January 02, 2021, 07:19:44 AM »
Lin Wood goes deeper in to the rabbit hole.  Is he Tom Bishop?

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7982 on: January 02, 2021, 09:05:42 AM »

Reading the comments.... Apparently Mike Pence being on that list made some wary but its not many.

Welp... Sheep gotta sheep, I guess.
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

Offline Iceman

• where there's smoke there's wires
    • View Profile
« Reply #7983 on: January 02, 2021, 02:26:12 PM »
I saw that late last night...what an absolute mess. Of course Pence stole the election from Trump, that's in his best interest as a VP looking for a second term.

Scary the things that can be just shouted on twitter and believed by millions.

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7984 on: January 02, 2021, 03:17:06 PM »
I saw that late last night...what an absolute mess. Of course Pence stole the election from Trump, that's in his best interest as a VP looking for a second term.

The Pence bit was a hard sell, but fortunately alot of people "suddenly" found evidence that he let a pedofile ring exist in his state while governor.
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

Offline AATW

• View Profile
« Reply #7985 on: January 02, 2021, 05:02:09 PM »

It’s all a bit depressing.
It’s interesting that people who have spent the last 4 years hanging on Fox’s every word are now deserting it in droves. Simply because even Fox aren’t crazy enough to buy into Trump’s demonstrably false bullshit.
So they scurry off to places like NewsMax and OANN who will tell them what they want to hear. Increasingly it seems people don’t want to be told the truth, they just want to listen to “news” networks which reaffirm their worldview. Everything else becomes “fake news”. Trump is certainly not solely responsible for this but boy has he fanned the flames.
Tom: "Claiming incredulity is a pretty bad argument. Calling it "insane" or "ridiculous" is not a good argument at all."

TFES Wiki Occam's Razor page, by Tom: "What's the simplest explanation; that NASA has successfully designed and invented never before seen rocket technologies from scratch which can accelerate 100 tons of matter to an escape velocity of 7 miles per second"

Offline Iceman

• View Profile
« Reply #7986 on: January 02, 2021, 05:29:17 PM »

It’s interesting that people who have spent the last 4 years hanging on Fox’s every word are now deserting it in droves. Simply because even Fox aren’t crazy enough to buy into Trump’s demonstrably false bullshit.
So they scurry off to places like NewsMax and OANN who will tell them what they want to hear. Increasingly it seems people don’t want to be told the truth, they just want to listen to “news” networks which reaffirm their worldview. Everything else becomes “fake news”. Trump is certainly not solely responsible for this but boy has he fanned the flames.

Exactly...which makes all this mess about section 230 holding back the Covid relief bill in the states all the more confusing. If Mitch got what he wanted,Twitter would then be liable for all the nonsense that comes from all these Trump cronies' accounts...

Offline Tom Bishop

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Flat Earth Believer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7987 on: January 02, 2021, 07:48:07 PM »

Reading the comments.... Apparently Mike Pence being on that list made some wary but its not many.

I don't see how what he said is any worse than when you have called for politicians to be put to death.

Offline Roundy

• Abdicator of the Zetetic Council
    • View Profile
« Reply #7988 on: January 02, 2021, 08:01:48 PM »

I don't see how what he said is any worse than when you have called for politicians to be put to death.

Isn't it just like Tom to try to set up a straw man when he has no reasonable response to what's being discussed?
Dr. Frank is a physicist. He says it's impossible. So it's impossible.
My friends, please remember Tom said this the next time you fall into the trap of engaging him, and thank you. :)

Offline Dr David Thork

• https://onlyfans.com/thork
    • View Profile
« Reply #7989 on: January 02, 2021, 08:05:08 PM »

I don't know where you get your news ... CNN, MSNBC ??? but if they suddenly started endorsing the Republicans, you'd stop watching. Why are you surprised when people stop watching Fox when it changes its loyalties? The should never have called Arizona so early ... it was a lack of loyalty.
Rate this post.      👍 6     👎 1

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7990 on: January 02, 2021, 09:02:08 PM »

I am merely pointing out how easily folks, such as yourself, turn on eachother when absolute loyalty is not given to a man.  Surely such a thing would happen to you were you to speak ill, even once, of Trump.

Offline stack

• View Profile
« Reply #7991 on: January 02, 2021, 09:34:59 PM »
Seems like Team Trump might be putting a little daylight between themselves and Mr. Wood.

Offline AATW

• View Profile
« Reply #7992 on: January 02, 2021, 09:54:39 PM »
I don't know where you get your news ... CNN, MSNBC ??? but if they suddenly started endorsing the Republicans, you'd stop watching.

That’s a strange statement when you know I’m not American. I have no party affiliation in US politics. I don’t really have one in British politics. I’ve voted for different parties over time. I don’t want my news source to endorse any party or politician. I just want them to tell me what’s going on and I’ll make my own decisions. Of course any news source has some bias as we all do, but what would make me stop watching a news network is if I felt that they were being very pro or anti any particular party. I just want the news, not spin
A lot of people it seems want the reverse.
Why are you surprised when people stop watching Fox when it changes its loyalties?
The should never have called Arizona so early ... it was a lack of loyalty.
Fox haven’t changed their loyalties. It’s Trump who has stepped up his level of delusion to a level where even Fox won’t follow.
It’s not “loyalty” to repeat Trump’s lies or to call the election result in a State. It’s just living in the real world rather than in the fantasy one which Trump and so many of his supporters live in.
Tom: "Claiming incredulity is a pretty bad argument. Calling it "insane" or "ridiculous" is not a good argument at all."

TFES Wiki Occam's Razor page, by Tom: "What's the simplest explanation; that NASA has successfully designed and invented never before seen rocket technologies from scratch which can accelerate 100 tons of matter to an escape velocity of 7 miles per second"

Offline Tom Bishop

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Flat Earth Believer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7993 on: January 02, 2021, 11:35:04 PM »
You admitted that Epoch Times isn't publishing lies. If they are not publishing lies then your opposition is merely that they have a different opinion that you don't like.

Pretty poor form to argue that your opponents are truthful, but you don't like their opinion.

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7994 on: January 02, 2021, 11:49:34 PM »
You admitted that Epoch Times isn't publishing lies. If they are not publishing lies then your opposition is merely that they have a different opinion that you don't like.

Pretty poor form to argue that your opponents are truthful, but you don't like their opinion.

Bias and lies are not the same yet can have similar reactions.  Wouldn't you agree?

Offline Tom Bishop

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Flat Earth Believer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7995 on: January 03, 2021, 12:48:49 AM »

Bias and lies are not the same yet can have similar reactions.  Wouldn't you agree?

It's not possible to have zero bias. Do you think that when historians wrote US history that they did it with 0% bias? Why don't we hear about all the undoubtedly good things the British Empire did for the colonies in US History books?

Any time someone is trying to inform you of something - teacher, writer, mother - they are imparting their bias onto you.

It is impossible to report a factual event without bias. Reporting a murder can range from not reporting it all, glossing over details, going into extruciating details, justifying the event, villifying the event, speculating on probable cause, interviewing biased persons on the event, all which paint a picture with a particular bias.

Even just saying "a murder happened yesterday" may be biased since it might leave out the killer's possible justification for it (self defense, felt threatened, escalating tensions, etc) and such a simple report implies that they are an irredeemably bad person.

Offline Iceman

• View Profile
« Reply #7996 on: January 03, 2021, 12:54:13 AM »

It's not possible to have zero bias. Do you think that when historians wrote US history that they did it with 0% bias? Why don't we hear about all the undoubtedly good things the British Empire did for the colonies in US History books?

Any time someone is trying to inform you of something - teacher, writer, mother - they are imparting their bias onto you.

It is impossible to report a factual event without bias. Reporting a murder can range from not reporting it all, glossing over details, going into extruciating details, justifying the event, villifying the event, speculating on probable cause, interviewing biased persons on the event, all which paint a picture with a particular bias.

Even just saying "a murder happened yesterday" may be biased since it might leave out the killer's possible justification for it (self defense, felt threatened, escalating tensions, etc) and such a simple report implies that they are an irredeemably bad person.

Saying "a murder happened yesterday" is an interpretation of an event. Saying "person x was stabbed by person y yesterday. An investigation has been initiated" is factual. That's how news should be delivered until there is enough data to fill in the story.

Spin should be saved for editorials. That is rare this day and age, regardless of what side of the political spectrum you fall on/watch/subscribe to.

Fact: 140 repubs object to Biden's win on the basis of alledged widespread voter fraud, but have no objections to the House Republican wins that came on the same ballots.

Spin: 140 repubs object to Biden's win on the basis of alledged widespread voter fraud, but have no objections to the House Republican wins that came on the same ballots, because they're hypocritical, self-preserving sycophants.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2021, 01:01:16 AM by Iceman2020 »

Offline Tom Bishop

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Flat Earth Believer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7997 on: January 03, 2021, 01:02:09 AM »
Saying "person x was stabbed by person y yesterday. An investigation has been initiated" is factual. That's how news should be delivered until there is enough data to fill in the story.

That's still biased though. It makes the image of a bad person stabbing someone. But sometimes the person who is doing the stabbing is in the right. You can't report an event in even a single simple sentence without it being biased.

Offline stack

• View Profile
« Reply #7998 on: January 03, 2021, 01:27:24 AM »
Saying "person x was stabbed by person y yesterday. An investigation has been initiated" is factual. That's how news should be delivered until there is enough data to fill in the story.

That's still biased though. It makes the image of a bad person stabbing someone. But sometimes the person who is doing the stabbing is in the right. You can't report an event in even a single simple sentence without it being biased.

The bias is yours, not the factual reporting of it. You have the biased image in your head that if it is reported that person Y stabbed person X then Y must be bad. That's your interpretation, not the words themselves. You make it seem like it would need to be, "It appears that person Y was found holding the non-sharp end of a knife that was connected to the sharper end which was seen to be 4" beyond the dermis intruding upon the inner realms of the abdomen of person X yesterday. It very well could have been with murderous intent that the blade found its way there, or just as equally it could have been the result of a self defense posture by pesron Y, or equally as well it could have been that person X accidentally fell toward the sharp utensil being held by person Y, an out-and-out accident. An investigation has been initiated."

Rama Set

« Reply #7999 on: January 03, 2021, 02:07:36 AM »

No its not. You interpreting person x as bad is not implicit in the statement. You are projecting bias.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2021, 02:22:30 AM by Rama Set »