Proof that anyone can do at home
« on: March 01, 2020, 07:39:28 PM »
As you may have heard, SpaceX is putting a lot of satellites in a now earth orbit for their starlink internet system.  Nasa wants you to help document the light pollution of the satellites using an app.  I understand that Nasa can't be trusted, let alone their app, but there is a way to test this at home without their bias.  If anyone has an old film camera, all you need to do is do a long exposure of the night's sky on a clear night and we can see what's going on once and for all.  I don't have a film camera, but if any of you do, I'd be very interested in see what unfolds!

Offline GreatATuin

• It's turtles all the way down
    • View Profile
Re: Proof that anyone can do at home
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2020, 09:15:41 PM »
As you may have heard, SpaceX is putting a lot of satellites in a now earth orbit for their starlink internet system.  Nasa wants you to help document the light pollution of the satellites using an app.  I understand that Nasa can't be trusted, let alone their app, but there is a way to test this at home without their bias.  If anyone has an old film camera, all you need to do is do a long exposure of the night's sky on a clear night and we can see what's going on once and for all.  I don't have a film camera, but if any of you do, I'd be very interested in see what unfolds!

Why would you need a film camera for that? Any decent digital camera will allow you to set a long enough exposure.
Nearly all flat earthers agree the earth is not a globe.

you guys just read what you want to read