Offline Tumeni

• View Profile
Why would one believe you could land a rocket back on land or sea safely ...

No need to "believe" when people in Florida watch them do this, for real, right in front of them. And hear and feel the double sonic booms when they do. Oodles of videos, professional and amateur, on YouTube and elsewhere.
=============================
Not Flat. Happy to prove this, if you ask me.

Nearly all flat earthers agree the earth is not a globe.

Nearly?

Offline Tumeni

• View Profile
Wait so how do these fake sats slow down after being jettisoned from the rocket? Then how do they correct slight orbital movement?

Thrusters and other engines.

Nearly?

Offline J-Man

• "Let's go Brandon ! I agree" >Your President<
    • View Profile
Why would one believe you could land a rocket back on land or sea safely ...

No need to "believe" when people in Florida watch them do this, for real, right in front of them. And hear and feel the double sonic booms when they do. Oodles of videos, professional and amateur, on YouTube and elsewhere.

Please post up some amateur vids, not real.
What kind of person would devote endless hours posting scientific facts trying to correct the few retards who believe in the FE? I slay shitty little demons.

Offline J-Man

• View Profile
Wait so how do these fake sats slow down after being jettisoned from the rocket? Then how do they correct slight orbital movement?

Thrusters and other engines.

Your own scientist on previous page said it can't happen without atmospheric pressure. I wish you all could get on the same page. No such thing as space and sats floating around. Besides the sats aren't floating they are constantly falling back to earth right? If in fact they weren't make believe.
What kind of person would devote endless hours posting scientific facts trying to correct the few retards who believe in the FE? I slay shitty little demons.

Offline somerled

• View Profile

Fail:

Thurst is reactive yes, as in for every action there is an equal and opposite reaction.  The only difference in a rocket engine efficiency in an atmosphere and one in a vacuum is the size and shape of the bell.  It does not have to push against anything.

Yeah that's right . Back in the day we were shown that as air pressure dropped then the big stage one  Saturn V rocket was jettisoned and the narrower longer stage two nozzles were more efficient - and so on to the stage three , smaller still .

We were also shown that to work in a vacuum the nozzle would have to be very small and infinitely long .

Your last sentence defies logic since you already admit that thrust is a reactive force - the exhaust flow needs pressure to produce thrust .
[/quote]

Have you ever shot a gun?   Did you feel recoil?  What were you feeling?   The same goes for a high-pressure water hose.   What are you feeling when the nozzle is pushed back in your hand?  Not air resistance, you are feeling the opposite reaction of the water leaving the nozzle. 

This is really simple science.
[/quote]

From this response it's clear that your knowledge of the physical sciences is limited . Ballistics and rocketry are different fields , bullets aren't rockets .

When a jet of water encounters the resistance of the atmosphere or some surface ,  thrust - that reactive force - is produced causing the reaction that you feel .

This is basic science although I do believe everything taught nowadays is "dumbed down "  which probably accounts for the basic lack of knowledge about scientific principles shown in posts like yours .

Online AATW

• View Profile
Rocket in a vacuum:

Tom: "Claiming incredulity is a pretty bad argument. Calling it "insane" or "ridiculous" is not a good argument at all."

TFES Wiki Occam's Razor page, by Tom: "What's the simplest explanation; that NASA has successfully designed and invented never before seen rocket technologies from scratch which can accelerate 100 tons of matter to an escape velocity of 7 miles per second"

Offline TomInAustin

• Round Duh
    • View Profile
What is satellite transmission? Nothing more than transmitters shooting data (flaring out) into the sky and supposedly hitting this fake sat that never moves (like the earth) and beams down all sorts of data.

Now 1958- 1962 US and Russia started sending nukes up to the firmament (ie molten glass) to one, try to find it's weakness (windows to heaven where the floods came from). They found that these electromagnetic charges floated around for a long long time creating an electromagnetic field that "data" could bounce off of back to flat earth!!! In come Chemtrails in early 1970's where these nano-particles could be used for same purpose along with others like blocking the sun to a degree, weather modification, weaponry ect., so we have Chemtrails usually daily covering our skies with these metal particles (smaller than the human eye can detect) staying aloft over a month.

OMG, you are over the edge of reality,  that or a very poor troll. LOL
Do you have a citation for this sweeping generalisation?

Offline TomInAustin

• Round Duh
    • View Profile

Fail:

Thurst is reactive yes, as in for every action there is an equal and opposite reaction.  The only difference in a rocket engine efficiency in an atmosphere and one in a vacuum is the size and shape of the bell.  It does not have to push against anything.

Yeah that's right . Back in the day we were shown that as air pressure dropped then the big stage one  Saturn V rocket was jettisoned and the narrower longer stage two nozzles were more efficient - and so on to the stage three , smaller still .

We were also shown that to work in a vacuum the nozzle would have to be very small and infinitely long .

Your last sentence defies logic since you already admit that thrust is a reactive force - the exhaust flow needs pressure to produce thrust .

Have you ever shot a gun?   Did you feel recoil?  What were you feeling?   The same goes for a high-pressure water hose.   What are you feeling when the nozzle is pushed back in your hand?  Not air resistance, you are feeling the opposite reaction of the water leaving the nozzle. 

This is really simple science.
[/quote]

From this response it's clear that your knowledge of the physical sciences is limited . Ballistics and rocketry are different fields , bullets aren't rockets .

When a jet of water encounters the resistance of the atmosphere or some surface ,  thrust - that reactive force - is produced causing the reaction that you feel .

This is basic science although I do believe everything taught nowadays is "dumbed down "  which probably accounts for the basic lack of knowledge about scientific principles shown in posts like yours .
[/quote]

OMG, you are too funny, or totally illiterate in science.   A rocket moves for the exact same reason that a gun recoils.   

For every action, there is an equal and opposite reaction.

How hard is that to understand?
Do you have a citation for this sweeping generalisation?

Offline Tumeni

• View Profile

Here's today's CRS-19

The Falcon Heavy night launch

The Falcon Heavy

Miscellaneous

Nearly?

Offline Tumeni

• View Profile

From a different YouTuber

Pro footage

Dash cam with distracted drivers ahead

Falcon Heavy night launch

Is that enough? I could go on like this all night...

Nearly?

Offline Tumeni

• View Profile
Your own scientist on previous page said it can't happen without atmospheric pressure.

I see no scientist there.

Come on, think about it; rocket starts up, drives a LOT of smoke, exhaust and steam at high speed, AWAY from the craft. Rocket makes a LOT of noise, over considerable distance. Noise is the movement of large amounts of air. Sound waves are driven AWAY from the craft. Where's all the resistance of atmospheric pressure? Why isn't the air holding either the steam/smoke, or the air, around the rocket to resist the exhaust and drive the rocket forward? Why is it all being driven away? Surely if it's being driven away, it's not providing resistance to drive the rocket?

Nearly?

Offline J-Man

• View Profile
One fake video? Thats it?

Offline Tumeni

• View Profile
Ballistics and rocketry are different fields , bullets aren't rockets

How do you drive the bullet forward? By detonating a quantity of explosive propellant within the shell casing. That acts to expand, pressing on all the internal walls of the casing, and driving the bullet forwards from it, as well as imparting the 'push' to the rear of the casing that generates the recoil. Agree?

When a jet of water encounters the resistance of the atmosphere or some surface ,  thrust - that reactive force - is produced causing the reaction that you feel.

Yet you can get the reaction from the garden hose without directing it at a surface. Once the water leaves the hose and hits the air, or the surface, how does it transfer reaction force back to the hosepipe?

Nearly?

Offline Tumeni

• View Profile
One fake video? Thats it?

I posted eight. Are you talking to me?

Nearly?

Offline Tumeni

• View Profile
Rockets in a vacuum

Nearly?

Offline Tumeni

• View Profile
Another CRS-19

... and a compilation of the sonic booms from descending first stages;

Nearly?

Offline somerled

• View Profile

[/quote]

OMG, you are too funny, or totally illiterate in science.   A rocket moves for the exact same reason that a gun recoils.   

For every action, there is an equal and opposite reaction.

How hard is that to understand?
[/quote]

Why insist that a bullet and rocket are equivalent ? A bullet is a projectile . A rocket is an engine - it works by converting thermal energy to kinetic . The flow of hot gas requires a resistance (eg water or atmospheric pressure or a launch pad ) to produce the reactive force that is thrust . Why do you think rocket launches are cancelled when there are windy conditions in the atmosphere ( spacehoax 9 yesterday I believe) ? Winds lower air pressure across the face of the nozzles .
   The large load rockets path has to curve or it would stall because of the rapid change of air pressure as altitude increases .

Newtons laws require that an action occurs causing a reaction . A mass flow ( rocket exhaust ) does not produce a force until a resistive mass is encountered . That's why they do not produce thrust in a vacuum.

Online AATW

• View Profile
Newtons laws require that an action occurs causing a reaction . A mass flow ( rocket exhaust ) does not produce a force until a resistive mass is encountered . That's why they do not produce thrust in a vacuum.
I posted a video above proving you wrong.
Someone else posted a video proving you wrong.
This isn't a matter of debate, people have done experiments which show you are not correct.
Feel free to respond to those, the one I posted is actually a second attempt at the experiment where he addresses the things raised after his first attempt.
Tom: "Claiming incredulity is a pretty bad argument. Calling it "insane" or "ridiculous" is not a good argument at all."

TFES Wiki Occam's Razor page, by Tom: "What's the simplest explanation; that NASA has successfully designed and invented never before seen rocket technologies from scratch which can accelerate 100 tons of matter to an escape velocity of 7 miles per second"

Offline ChrisTP

• View Profile
Why insist that a bullet and rocket are equivalent ? A bullet is a projectile . A rocket is an engine - it works by converting thermal energy to kinetic.
I know you aren't refering to me here but a bullet works much the same way... by igniting an explosive amount of energy that propels the bullet forward. the difference being that a rocket is constantly doing this while a bullet only does this once at the start. I'm sure you know this so I'm not sure why you're going against this simile.
Tom is wrong most of the time. Hardly big news, don't you think?

Offline Tumeni

• View Profile
The flow of hot gas requires a resistance (eg water or atmospheric pressure or a launch pad ) to produce the reactive force that is thrust.

Yet the atmosphere is shown not to resist. Large amounts of air are seen and heard to be driven AWAY from the rocket exhaust, providing no resistance. Rockets are loud for the same reason thunderclaps are loud - they move large volumes of air.

Here's an engine test. Is the air remaining under the engine, to provide resistance, or is it being driven away from it? Observe the shots within the building, and note the airflow from ABOVE the engine and from the side. The air is flowing from above and side to fill the partial vacuum left by the rocket exhaust pushing all the air below it away.  That air is exiting the building along with all the smoke, steam and exhaust product

Why do you think rocket launches are cancelled when there are windy conditions in the atmosphere ( spacehoax 9 yesterday I believe) ?

For the same reason long and high road bridges ban high-sided vehicles from the bridge in high winds, but still let small passenger cars go by.

Large objects present a bigger surface to the wind, and are more likely to be blown off course. 

A mass flow ( rocket exhaust ) does not produce a force until a resistive mass is encountered . That's why they do not produce thrust in a vacuum.

Yet we can see the mass flow driving the so-called resistive mass away from the engine. And, as you can see above, rockets do produce thrust in a vacuum
« Last Edit: December 06, 2019, 02:23:13 PM by Tumeni »

Nearly?