Rama Set

Re: Joe Biden is winning by a landslide
« Reply #320 on: November 04, 2020, 11:21:35 PM »
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-election-2020/crowd-storm-detroit-vote-count-election-2020-b1598248.html

First civil unrest related to Trump's stupid and irresponsible proclamations about voting.
I can't wait for free dog food at Walmart....this is going to be a great year.

Jesus hates looters, sinner.

Offline crutonius

• Just a regular guy. No funny business here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: November 05, 2020, 01:15:16 AM »
I won't be satisfied by a victory this narrow, especially not with Republicans retaining the Senate. There is inherent value to the Oval Office not being occupied by a literal piece of shit who revels in his IRL villainy, but I was hoping for a definitive repudiation of Trump's presidency. I can't believe that there are this many Americans looking at the state of our country and apparently saying, "Yes, this is acceptable. Four more years of this, please."

And I'm not willing to take it for granted that Biden has won yet.

Agreed.  Should Biden win then many will be celebrating but they should be freaking the hell out.  If it weren't for covid then Trump would have easily skated to reelection. 

Four years ago when Trump won it was shocking.  I felt like I didn't know this country.  But maybe that many people didn't watch TV.  Maybe they didn't research  Trump all that much.

Now all of Trump's faults have been on a loudspeaker to the entire world for the last four years.  But without a catastrophe he would have won.

There is something deeply wrong with this country.

Offline Roundy

• Abdicator of the Zetetic Council
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: November 05, 2020, 10:21:47 PM »
I won't be satisfied by a victory this narrow, especially not with Republicans retaining the Senate. There is inherent value to the Oval Office not being occupied by a literal piece of shit who revels in his IRL villainy, but I was hoping for a definitive repudiation of Trump's presidency. I can't believe that there are this many Americans looking at the state of our country and apparently saying, "Yes, this is acceptable. Four more years of this, please."

We live in a shit country. That's really all there is to it. We can now confidently box in nearly three quarters of the country (people who voted for Trump or a third party, and people eligible to vote that chose not to) as either a despicable asshole or just an unrelenting idiot. The idiots can't help it, obviously, though I do think there's a lot of willful ignorance out there; most people just don't even care about politics.

This is the country we live in, a country largely defined by its ignorance, greed, bigotry, xenophobia, and desperate need to hold onto them guns. Yeah, it's depressing.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2020, 11:19:56 PM by Roundy »
Dr. Frank is a physicist. He says it's impossible. So it's impossible.
My friends, please remember Tom said this the next time you fall into the trap of engaging him, and thank you. :)

Rama Set

« Reply #323 on: November 05, 2020, 11:32:53 PM »
You probably shouldn’t include minors in your polemic.

Offline Roundy

• View Profile
« Reply #324 on: November 05, 2020, 11:49:32 PM »

I didn't really, I made it clear I was talking about people who can vote... but anyway, why not? Minors grow up, and most of them will grow up to be assholes or idiots in this country too. The cycle will repeat. Is it reaching for me to suggest that Barron Trump will likely grow up to be as much of an ignorant piece of shit as his parents and half-siblings? Assholes and morons are assholes and morons no matter how old they are. The kids of today are nothing more than the ignorant cunts of tomorrow, for the most part.

We've been a shit country for most of our existence; what this election demonstrates, more than anything else, is that it's nothing but empty idealism to think that we live in some kind of more enlightened time.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2020, 11:51:17 PM by Roundy »
My friends, please remember Tom said this the next time you fall into the trap of engaging him, and thank you. :)

Offline J-Man

• "Let's go Brandon ! I agree" >Your President<
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: November 06, 2020, 12:17:00 AM »

Jesus said turn the other cheek, not drop your Smith & Wesson. Peter whacked off an ear. Having a weapon at the ready as Jesus instructed (The sword is a symbol representing the power of God to fight the influences of evil and bring people to repentance, for it has “divine power to destroy strongholds” (2 Cor 10:4 ESV)) is a way to combat the evil that has infiltrated our lives. I can't believe anyone couldn't believe most, if not all, these politicians are as evil as Satan and his minions.

The rule of law says I can bare arms, God says combat EVIL, destroy strongholds.....

We live in a shit country. That's really all there is to it. We can now confidently box in nearly three quarters of the country (people who voted for Trump or a third party, and people eligible to vote that chose not to) as either a despicable asshole or just an unrelenting idiot. The idiots can't help it, obviously, though I do think there's a lot of willful ignorance out there; most people just don't even care about politics.

This is the country we live in, a country largely defined by its ignorance, greed, bigotry, xenophobia, and desperate need to hold onto them guns. Yeah, it's depressing.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2020, 12:22:10 AM by J-Man »
What kind of person would devote endless hours posting scientific facts trying to correct the few retards who believe in the FE? I slay shitty little demons.

Rama Set

« Reply #326 on: November 06, 2020, 01:14:40 AM »

I didn't really, I made it clear I was talking about people who can vote... but anyway, why not? Minors grow up, and most of them will grow up to be assholes or idiots in this country too. The cycle will repeat. Is it reaching for me to suggest that Barron Trump will likely grow up to be as much of an ignorant piece of shit as his parents and half-siblings? Assholes and morons are assholes and morons no matter how old they are. The kids of today are nothing more than the ignorant cunts of tomorrow, for the most part.

We've been a shit country for most of our existence; what this election demonstrates, more than anything else, is that it's nothing but empty idealism to think that we live in some kind of more enlightened time.

Ah sorry. I was confused.

Offline Roundy

• View Profile
« Reply #327 on: November 06, 2020, 02:20:12 PM »
Well unless Trump manages to use the Supreme Court to steal it, Biden has won.

People seem to think he won't accomplish anything because the Republicans are likely retaining hold of the Senate. I almost hope so; I want to see if Joe lives up to his promises of trying to compromise with the other side. Maybe two years of Republican obstruction in the face of Biden's sincere attempts to reach out to them and accomplish positive change will disgust enough people that we can flip it in the next midterm.

Of course that might hinge on too many of the American people not being ignorant assholes for it to be feasible. Maybe I'm not giving up hope just yet.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2020, 02:22:06 PM by Roundy »

Rama Set

« Reply #328 on: November 06, 2020, 02:22:10 PM »

People seem to think he won't accomplish anything because the Republicans are likely retaining hold of the Senate. I almost hope so; I want to see if Joe lives up to his promises of trying to compromise with the other side. Maybe two years of Republican obstruction in the face of Biden's sincere attempts to reach out to them and accomplish positive change will disgust enough people that we can flip it in the next midterm.

Theoretically, if the Dems win both runoffs in GA, then they will have a Senate deadlock and the deciding vote.  I would like to see some bipartisan policy making though.  Something the country needs, desperately.

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: November 06, 2020, 02:33:59 PM »

Of course that might hinge on too many of the American people not being ignorant assholes for it to be feasible. Maybe I'm not giving up hope just yet.

Probably but the margins are razer thin.  700 in Georgia.
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

Rama Set

« Reply #330 on: November 06, 2020, 02:42:43 PM »
PA has swung huge for Biden, and AZ and NV are still his to win.  The mail in voting has been 4:1 for Biden in PA and his lead will likely widen.  Recounts rarely yield large vote swings, so unless there is actual evidence of fraud, then Trump is likely done.

Offline J-Man

• "Let's go Brandon ! I agree" >Your President<
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: November 06, 2020, 06:23:48 PM »
 QFS blockchain encryption codes

If every ballot was watermarked, Biden choo choo train is a world of hurt. Peeps going to jail. Trump out smarted the losers with da sting.
What kind of person would devote endless hours posting scientific facts trying to correct the few retards who believe in the FE? I slay shitty little demons.

Offline honk

• resident goose
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: November 06, 2020, 06:40:33 PM »
ur retartet but u donut even no it and i walnut tell u y

Offline Tom Bishop

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Flat Earth Believer
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: November 06, 2020, 07:00:12 PM »
No, the ballots have not been watermarked. Don't be stupid.

Uhh...

https://www.law.upenn.edu/live/news/10346-ballots-are-secure-knowledge-on-vote-by-mail-is

"Ballots, like money, are printed on special fraud-resistant paper, with particular size, thickness, weight, texture, color, and formats made to exact specifications. Furthermore, the paper is impressed with unique identifiers, such as watermarks, that certify it as an official ballot."

Offline honk

• resident goose
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: November 06, 2020, 07:24:21 PM »
The context of what I said speaks for itself.
ur retartet but u donut even no it and i walnut tell u y

Offline Iceman

• where there's smoke there's wires
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: November 06, 2020, 07:31:38 PM »
I dont see what the big "AHA" moment is here... IF there were fake ballots entered, those will be uncovered in the inevitable investigations that will be initiated shortly. And IF there are fraudulent ballots, they will be eliminated and the FBI(?) will investigate their source and hopefully press charges.

So far I haven't heard of any evidence suggesting this has actually happened...

Offline Tom Bishop

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Flat Earth Believer
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: November 06, 2020, 08:21:13 PM »

What context is that? You said that the ballots have not been watermarked. They have been.

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: November 06, 2020, 08:27:36 PM »
No, the ballots have not been watermarked. Don't be stupid.

Uhh...

https://www.law.upenn.edu/live/news/10346-ballots-are-secure-knowledge-on-vote-by-mail-is

"Ballots, like money, are printed on special fraud-resistant paper, with particular size, thickness, weight, texture, color, and formats made to exact specifications. Furthermore, the paper is impressed with unique identifiers, such as watermarks, that certify it as an official ballot."
Mine was not.
I can assure you mine has no water mark, special paper, texture, color, etc...  Although it was very exact in its specification: A4.

However, to further prod:
If these ballots are specially made (and I'm agreeing they are) then Trump has nothing to worry about.  It should be very very easy to spot Biden frauds.  So really, if there are frauds, the thousands of Republican pollsters should have caught it by now and it would have made national news.  Yeah?
« Last Edit: November 06, 2020, 08:30:11 PM by Lord Dave »
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

Offline Roundy

• View Profile
« Reply #338 on: November 06, 2020, 08:35:02 PM »

What context is that? You said that the ballots have not been watermarked. They have been.

You're usually better than this, Tom. Are you this rattled about Biden's likely victory?

Offline Iceman

• where there's smoke there's wires
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: November 06, 2020, 08:42:17 PM »
Is it too soon to point out the fact that with these razor-tight margins, Donnie really could have used the 240k votes of seniors who his actions and inactions as president failed over the last ~8 months?

Is that incredibly insensitive to point out, or is this (tentative) result a kind of justice?