Offline honk

• resident goose
    • View Profile
Re: Joe Biden is winning by a landslide
« Reply #120 on: September 09, 2020, 02:07:49 AM »
No, he says it lacks the dynamism and energy "of campaigns that you and I have covered in the past," not "of a presidential campaign." He's comparing it to other campaigns, not declaring it unworthy of even being considered a presidential campaign. What a stupid argument.
ur retartet but u donut even no it and i walnut tell u y

Offline Tumeni

• View Profile
« Reply #121 on: September 09, 2020, 08:00:47 AM »
MSNBC says Joe Biden’s campaign “lacks the dynamism, the energy” of a presidential campaign

Yeah, so?

=============================
Not Flat. Happy to prove this, if you ask me.
=============================

Nearly all flat earthers agree the earth is not a globe.

Nearly?

Offline AATW

• View Profile
« Reply #122 on: September 09, 2020, 09:50:14 AM »
MSNBC says Joe Biden’s campaign “lacks the dynamism, the energy” of a presidential campaign
It's really worrying if they or you think this matters.
Surely what matters is not whether he puts on a show but what he says.
If you disagree with his policies (I mean his actual ones, not the ones people like Trump claims he has) then fine.
But what does this nonsense have to do with anything?
Tom: "Claiming incredulity is a pretty bad argument. Calling it "insane" or "ridiculous" is not a good argument at all."

TFES Wiki Occam's Razor page, by Tom: "What's the simplest explanation; that NASA has successfully designed and invented never before seen rocket technologies from scratch which can accelerate 100 tons of matter to an escape velocity of 7 miles per second"

Offline Dr David Thork

• https://onlyfans.com/thork
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: September 09, 2020, 10:20:15 AM »
He recently said a black man invented the light bulb.

Where do you go with that? I mean let us be as generous to Biden as we can. Either

1) He deliberately lied because he feels black people have no real achievements and he wanted to hand them one
2) He honestly thinks a black man invented the light bulb because he is surrounded by liars who have been pumping his brain full of this nonsense
3) He doesn't even know what he had for breakfast, so bad is his dementia.

Now you can pick. And we'll be generous and go with your explanation. Which of those 3 do you want and how does that behaviour seem presidential?
Rate this post.      👍 6     👎 1

Offline AATW

• View Profile
« Reply #124 on: September 09, 2020, 10:45:32 AM »
He recently said a black man invented the light bulb.
*Googles*

Well that took me about 2 minutes. He's clearly referring to Lewis Latimer:

https://edition.cnn.com/2020/09/04/us/biden-lightbulb-black-man-trnd/index.html

As far as we know, Edison did invent the light bulb, but a Black inventor named Lewis Latimer actually made it better and more accessible.
After years of experiments and thousands of tests of various filament materials, [Edison's] longest-lasting light bulb could only last for about 15 hours before the filament burned out.
Around the same time Edison was experimenting with his bulb -- using carbonized filaments of bay wood, cedar, bamboo and other fibers -- so was Latimer.
According to the Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Latimer improved upon Edison's original design. Latimer created a light bulb with a more durable filament made of carbon. He sold the patent to the US Electric Co. in 1881, and a year later patented a process for efficiently manufacturing the carbon filament. He even wrote a book in 1890 on electric lighting, the first of its kind.
Because of Latimer's contributions, incandescent light bulbs became more affordable and practical, MIT says, thus transforming American culture.

So I guess the point he's making is why is Latimer not better known in which case he has a point.
It was pandering to the audience he was talking to but I'd expect that from a politician. Biden's opponents will obviously try to spin this as "the old man's lost it", but he is referring to historical truths even if he somewhat twists them. It's hardly the Goodness Gracious Me character who claims everything is Indian.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2020, 10:47:30 AM by AllAroundTheWorld »
Tom: "Claiming incredulity is a pretty bad argument. Calling it "insane" or "ridiculous" is not a good argument at all."

TFES Wiki Occam's Razor page, by Tom: "What's the simplest explanation; that NASA has successfully designed and invented never before seen rocket technologies from scratch which can accelerate 100 tons of matter to an escape velocity of 7 miles per second"

Rama Set

« Reply #125 on: September 09, 2020, 11:08:32 AM »
Yeah he’s pandering for sure.

Offline Dr David Thork

• View Profile
« Reply #126 on: September 09, 2020, 11:21:38 AM »
So I guess the point he's making is why is Latimer not better known in which case he has a point.
Because who the hell cares who incrementally improved a light bulb once upon a time? That's like saying Henry Ford invented the car but *insert black man* invented the clutch and so clutch guy needs more recognition. Unfortunately clutch guy happens to be Professor Henry Selby Hele-Shaw who was a white guy so instantly Biden isn't interested. But why should I or anyone be interested in filament guy? Because he's black? That's racist.

It was pandering to the audience
Well you are right about that. Biden is a manipulative piece of shit from the same stable as Hilary Clinton and Nancy Pelosi. The dems should stay out of power until their current generation of old Marxists are all either dead or retired.

Rama Set

« Reply #127 on: September 09, 2020, 11:52:32 AM »
Well you are right about that. Biden is a manipulative piece of shit from the same stable as Hilary Clinton and Nancy Pelosi. The dems should stay out of power until their current generation of old Marxists are all either dead or retired.

If you think that Trump isn't at least as manipulative (he is worse), then you are deluded.  Trump has made an exceptional amount of pandering and patently false claims.  So many that his presidency has basically turned in to a 4 year gish gallop.  Also, if you think Biden is a Marxist, then you literally have no idea what Marxism is.

Offline AATW

• View Profile
« Reply #128 on: September 09, 2020, 12:18:05 PM »
Because who the hell cares who incrementally improved a light bulb once upon a time?

Can't you read? This wasn't some "incremental improvement". Let me quote a bit of that article again for you:

Latimer created a light bulb with a more durable filament made of carbon. He sold the patent to the US Electric Co. in 1881, and a year later patented a process for efficiently manufacturing the carbon filament. He even wrote a book in 1890 on electric lighting, the first of its kind.
Because of Latimer's contributions, incandescent light bulbs became more affordable and practical, MIT says, thus transforming American culture.

There' I've even bolded the most important part for you.
Henry Ford didn't invent the car by the way, from what I understand he invented the production line, but anyway your comparison is ridiculous.

But why should I or anyone be interested in filament guy?

Because of the bit I've quoted, particularly the bolded part.
So yeah, Biden was pandering to the audience he was talking to and to say Latimer invented the lightbulb is a stretch.
But your initial post implies he said it because he's confused, when a 2 minute Google shows pretty clearly what and who he was referring to.
One could argue that saying it to that particular audience was a pretty shrewd thing to do.

So which is it? Is he pandering to a crowd in a politically smart way, or is he a dementia patient? He can't be both.

Offline Dr David Thork

• View Profile
« Reply #129 on: September 09, 2020, 12:39:11 PM »

Less than 5 mins later ... to paraphrase Biden ... why in God's name don't we tell the truth about mixed race families? They are very rare. Less than 2% of the US. The man is a sinister hypocrite.

He is trying to paint white Americans as guilty of an original sin. Being born white and so somehow guilty of slavery. Despite no one alive having anything to do with slavery. Like the media he's constantly painting black people as heroes and victims and white people as evil greedy oppressors. White Americans need to stand up for themselves.

Systemic racism is something that Western Marxists have developed over time, its rooted in critical theory (CT) , specifically the subset critical race theory (CRT). It takes the classical Marxist oppressor-oppressed dialectic conflict and turns it onto race. Race was not a major aspect of Marxist theory in the previous century because it was thought to be simply a type of class conflict. The new age of Marxists that follow CT actually believe that the oppressor is creating a system of oppression from which he can benefit, thus when they say "white supremacy" they mean the oppressor is maintaining the system of oppression for his own benefit. This is why you don't have to actually be racist to be a racist supremacist, because systemic racism and racism are fundamentally different things. Basically,  you are racist if you don't want to destroy the system so that's why they are destroying the system: to prove that they are not. There's a lot more to write about this, but to keep it short: anyone who uses language like "systemic racism" is engaging you in open warfare, they are your enemy, they want you dead.

If you are white and you are voting Democrat, your have learning difficulties. Listen to what the man says ...

He just accused you of original sin. You are white and therefore guilty of a crime. If someone accuses you of an original sin, they are saying that you are the enemy. There's no trial. There's no jury. The evidence is that you are white and therefore you are guilty. There's no redemption. No forgiveness. You are evil because you exist. Americans need to kick the Dems and their race baiting into touch in the election. We did that in the UK and both the lib dems and the Labour party are now being cleansed of these revolting ideas. You don't vote for a party that paints you as wicked. That's just stupid. And I don't think Americans are stupid. I think Trump's got this.

Rama Set

« Reply #130 on: September 09, 2020, 12:46:06 PM »
Do you vote for a party whose leader declares that Nazis are good people and refuses to condemn them?  This is the situation in the USA.  Neither is a great choice.

P.S. You still don't know what a Marxist is if you think there is any hint of Marxism in US politics.

Offline Dr David Thork

• View Profile
« Reply #131 on: September 09, 2020, 01:18:47 PM »
Do you vote for a party whose leader declares that Nazis are good people and refuses to condemn them?

Who told you this? Fact check it. You are believing a lie from a man who thinks you are guilty of original sin. Surely the choice of who to vote for is simple?

Trump has a long history of condemning racism and white supremacists.

How much condemning does he need to do?

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: September 09, 2020, 01:36:44 PM »
Do you vote for a party whose leader declares that Nazis are good people and refuses to condemn them?

Who told you this? Fact check it. You are believing a lie from a man who thinks you are guilty of original sin. Surely the choice of who to vote for is simple?

Trump has a long history of condemning racism and white supremacists.

How much condemning does he need to do?
Preferably without the need for a prepared statement written by someone else.
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

Offline Dr David Thork

• View Profile
« Reply #133 on: September 09, 2020, 01:50:07 PM »
You mean a speech? Condemning nazis over and over isn't enough for you. You want him to condemn nazis in the exact way you specify or it doesn't count. So unless Trump condemns Nazis at midnight in the town of Little Rock whilst sat upon a horse on the 2nd of July in the presence of at least 3 million Mexicans, then he must endorse Nazism. 🙄

Rama Set

« Reply #134 on: September 09, 2020, 02:03:11 PM »
You mean a speech? Condemning nazis over and over isn't enough for you. You want him to condemn nazis in the exact way you specify or it doesn't count. So unless Trump condemns Nazis at midnight in the town of Little Rock whilst sat upon a horse on the 2nd of July in the presence of at least 3 million Mexicans, then he must endorse Nazism. 🙄

He did that after he had declared them to be good people. You will understand why I don’t think he is sincere.

This is the same person that one day encourages people to wear masks and then disparages the use the next.

It’s also hilariously out of touch that you think I agree with Biden when I have admitted he is pandering. Perhaps take a breath and read my words as written.

Or is this connected to your delusions about Marxism in America as well?
« Last Edit: September 09, 2020, 02:05:48 PM by Rama Set »

Offline Dr David Thork

• View Profile
« Reply #135 on: September 09, 2020, 02:07:02 PM »
What are you babbling about? He waited 48 hours until he had the facts and then condemned the Neo-Nazis. What is the problem? At no point has he said nazism is good, which is what you are disingenuously accusing him of, so you can get your putrid race baiting favourites voted in instead.

Offline honk

• resident goose
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: September 09, 2020, 02:11:44 PM »
https://www.politifact.com/article/2019/apr/26/context-trumps-very-fine-people-both-sides-remarks/

Trump didn't explicitly say, "Nazis are very fine people." Of course he didn't. But the Unite the Right rally was openly, explicitly racist. It may have been inspired initially by the removal of Confederate statues, but its participants wore their hatred on their sleeves, making that the overriding theme of the event, and one of them ended up murdering an innocent woman. This should have been an easy straightforward condemnation for Trump. One side spewed hatred; the other did not. One side murdered someone; the other did not. But he couldn't do it, not without weakly blaming "both sides" and pretendng the rally participants were anything more than hateful racists.

He waited 48 hours until he had the facts and then condemned the Neo-Nazis.

It didn't take 48 hours to figure out what had happened. He eventually condemned the Nazis only because he had been relentlessly blasted for not doing so immediately.
ur retartet but u donut even no it and i walnut tell u y

Rama Set

« Reply #137 on: September 09, 2020, 02:18:12 PM »
What are you babbling about? He waited 48 hours until he had the facts and then condemned the Neo-Nazis. What is the problem? At no point has he said nazism is good, which is what you are disingenuously accusing him of, so you can get your putrid race baiting favourites voted in instead.

He read a speech condemning white supremacists but then after that, when speaking candidly, he said there were “many fine people on both sides”. So every time he spoke candidly he did not condemn white supremacy and only spoke words of condemnation when they were written by someone else.

But let’s be clear. I still think any attempt to imply some sort of culpability for slavery to people living in 2020 is reprehensible. 

Rama Set

« Reply #138 on: September 09, 2020, 02:28:06 PM »
Less than 5 mins later ... to paraphrase Biden ... why in God's name don't we tell the truth about mixed race families? They are very rare. Less than 2% of the US. The man is a sinister hypocrite.

Mixed race relationships were illegal for explicitly racist reasons until 1967 and it took a long time for them to be portrayed without controversy.  His point about that was how far we have come as a society, how much less racist we are.  If he were solely propping up woke culture, this statement would not be made.

He just accused you of original sin. You are white and therefore guilty of a crime. If someone accuses you of an original sin, they are saying that you are the enemy. There's no trial. There's no jury. The evidence is that you are white and therefore you are guilty. There's no redemption. No forgiveness. You are evil because you exist. Americans need to kick the Dems and their race baiting into touch in the election. We did that in the UK and both the lib dems and the Labour party are now being cleansed of these revolting ideas. You don't vote for a party that paints you as wicked. That's just stupid. And I don't think Americans are stupid. I think Trump's got this.

You honestly can't assess his words dispassionately.  He said that "slavery and all it's vestiges" are the original sin of the USA, not white people.  I know American's, who were in high school in the 90s, who had no idea how central slavery was to the Civil War.  The USA, in many places, does not want to confront the mistakes of history and how they may be continuing today.  Acceptance of history is extremely important to a large part of the constituents he wants to represent, and if he can address that without inflaming tribal emotions, then it's a good thing.  I am not sure he can though.

Offline Dr David Thork

• View Profile
« Reply #139 on: September 09, 2020, 03:06:24 PM »
I believe that the messaging is completely wrong. Blacks resent whites because of the messaging. The messaging is causing the riots and racial tensions and it is the left responsible for this. They are trying to stir up trouble so that they get elected. That's despicable.

They messaging should say "You are not victims. Stop blaming everyone else for your poor life choices. You have as much opportunity as anyone else in America. If you keep believing you are victims you will forever live like victims. Powerless and dependent on great white saviours like Biden to get you free stuff. Put your begging bowls away and seize the opportunities available to you. The highest earning sport star in America last year was a black man (LeBron James). The highest paid actor last year was a black man (Dwaine Johnson). The Highest paid comedian last year was a black man (Kevin Hart). You just had a black President. The average black family in America earns $41,000 a year. Name another country where blacks earn so much ... you may include African countries. No doors are closed to you and there is no better country on earth to grow up black. But if you keep accusing everyone else of being racist, it will become a self-fulfilling prophecy as the rest of America tires of your rioting and your accusations and your complaining. - Vote Thork 2020. "

Get rid of the dems for another 5 years and force them to come back with something better. 'Trump is evil' isn't any kind of endorsement that they are any better. They would be far worse.