Offline Tom Bishop

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Flat Earth Believer
    • View Profile
Re: Reminder: The Moon Covers the Sun in Total Eclipse Because 'Coincidence'
« Reply #40 on: August 29, 2017, 02:47:58 PM »
Just look to the dozen or so threads I've started in the "Debates" forum...read the sequence of posts from me and from Tom - not a single one of them ended up with an FE "win".

We win when you present a positive claim, we ask for evidence for that claim, and you are unable to provide any.

Offline StinkyOne

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 29, 2017, 03:33:30 PM »
Just look to the dozen or so threads I've started in the "Debates" forum...read the sequence of posts from me and from Tom - not a single one of them ended up with an FE "win".

We win when you present a positive claim, we ask for evidence for that claim, and you are unable to provide any.
I claim the Earth is round.

Photographic proof from 1947. Vehicle - V2 rocket with a camera in the nose. https://www.nasa.gov/multimedia/imagegallery/image_feature_1298.html This is not a NASA photo. It is just hosted on their site.

Don't like NASA - the Chinese have a probe orbiting the moon. Took this pic - https://www.universetoday.com/115750/chinas-lunar-test-spacecraft-takes-incredible-picture-of-earth-and-moon-together/

Don't trust the Chinese, how about an American company? https://www.space.com/28539-spacex-earth-space-rocket-photos.html

I won't junk up the thread with a million other links by several organizations, but they are certainly freely available.

We have satellites that you can see with the naked eye crossing the sky at night. You can even photograph the ISS with some magnification.

We can see the Sun illuminate the bottoms of clouds during sunrise and sunset.

I could keep going, but my point is that the evidence is overwhelming. You simply refuse to accept any of it. Your wins are based on the desire to keep your reality intact, not any lack of evidence.
I saw a video where a pilot was flying above the sun.
-Terry50

Offline Tom Bishop

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Flat Earth Believer
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 29, 2017, 04:23:45 PM »
You claim that military space agencies are honest. Where is the evidence for that claim? We can show plenty of reasons not to trust military.

Offline StinkyOne

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 29, 2017, 05:23:43 PM »
You claim that military space agencies are honest. Where is the evidence for that claim? We can show plenty of reasons not to trust military.

What, exactly, would everyone's motivation be to lie? Also, there are private firms launching into space. You asked for proof, I gave it. You can lead a horse to water....
-Terry50

Offline TomInAustin

• Round Duh
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 29, 2017, 07:07:13 PM »

No one has ever produced a shred of credible evidence that NASA is fake or lying to you.
Do you have a citation for this sweeping generalisation?

Offline J-Man

• "Let's go Brandon ! I agree" >Your President<
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: August 29, 2017, 08:06:55 PM »

No one has ever produced a shred of credible evidence that NASA is fake or lying to you.

You're grinning ear to ear right. NASA lies more than it says anything truthful.

What kind of person would devote endless hours posting scientific facts trying to correct the few retards who believe in the FE? I slay shitty little demons.

« Reply #46 on: August 29, 2017, 08:19:43 PM »

You're grinning ear to ear right. NASA lies more than it says anything truthful.

That was a pretty funny film, thanks for the watch. The guy plays a stereotypical conspiracy theorist to a 'T' and is very believable. Shame all he's doing is parroting someone else, would have loved to see him try some of his own material.

Offline J-Man

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 29, 2017, 08:42:52 PM »
But the NASA content is all lies, total fakery and you globers try to justify it. You're hilarious. Thanks for the giggles y'all.

Does Tom in private ever get to play the bad guy or is he only Good Cop?
What kind of person would devote endless hours posting scientific facts trying to correct the few retards who believe in the FE? I slay shitty little demons.

Offline TomInAustin

• Round Duh
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 29, 2017, 09:02:24 PM »

That was a pretty funny film, thanks for the watch. The guy plays a stereotypical conspiracy theorist to a 'T' and is very believable. Shame all he's doing is parroting someone else, would have loved to see him try some of his own material.

Imagine a live video stream from orbit having glitches?  I am shocked.  I have google fiber and still get video artifacts on skype.
Do you have a citation for this sweeping generalisation?

Offline CriticalThinker

• Polite and Pragmatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 30, 2017, 07:45:24 PM »

SpaceX isn't a military operation.  It's a private company.  Are you claiming that all private enterprises are inherently untrustworthy as well?  Private companies must deliver a service or good to customers to stay in business.  Almost 90% fail in 5 years or less.  SpaceX was founded in 2002 and has delivered products to customers successfully enough to last beyond the 5 year mark.  How could they have faked all of their products and results without their customers filing a class action lawsuit?

Thank you,

CriticalThinker
Quod gratis asseritur, gratis negatur

Offline Tom Bishop

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Flat Earth Believer
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 30, 2017, 07:47:02 PM »

SpaceX isn't a military operation.  It's a private company.  Are you claiming that all private enterprises are inherently untrustworthy as well?  Private companies must deliver a service or good to customers to stay in business.  Almost 90% fail in 5 years or less.  SpaceX was founded in 2002 and has delivered products to customers successfully enough to last beyond the 5 year mark.  How could they have faked all of their products and results without their customers filing a class action lawsuit?

Thank you,

CriticalThinker

The rockets are real and need to get to very high altitudes under FET, so I am not sure why you think the rockets would be fake and that SpaceX wouldn't need to deliver any working rockets.

Offline StinkyOne

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 30, 2017, 08:23:40 PM »

Thank you,

CriticalThinker

The rockets are real and need to get to very high altitudes under FET, so I am not sure why you think the rockets would be fake and that SpaceX wouldn't need to deliver any working rockets.

Because beyond just launching rockets into the sky, they are delivering payloads into space. SpaceX has done resupply missions to the ISS, which I'm guessing you think doesn't exist. (oddly enough, there is a website that allows you to see when the ISS will be passing over your location and you can actually go outside and see it at night. Not sure how they pull that one off) Other companies are deploying commercial satellites and cubesats. (small satellites, often made by students) If I pay a large sum of money, I want my satellite in orbit. The commercial companies building sats are spending many millions of dollars to launch these things. (think sat radio, for instance) If their service doesn't work, they are going to know it and be out huge sums of money. When does all of this start to make flat Earth theory just untenable? It is frankly a little bit ridiculous to think that all these private companies are faking their services so NASA can basically steal from them. (they pay taxes, NASA supposedly keeps the tax money given to it and fakes things in return) It makes NO sense.
-Terry50

Offline Tom Bishop

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Flat Earth Believer
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 30, 2017, 08:25:04 PM »
Because beyond just launching rockets into the sky, they are delivering payloads into space. SpaceX has done resupply missions to the ISS, which I'm guessing you think doesn't exist. (oddly enough, there is a website that allows you to see when the ISS will be passing over your location and you can actually go outside and see it at night. Not sure how they pull that one off) Other companies are deploying commercial satellites and cubesats. (small satellites, often made by students) If I pay a large sum of money, I want my satellite in orbit. The commercial companies building sats are spending many millions of dollars to launch these things. (think sat radio, for instance) If their service doesn't work, they are going to know it and be out huge sums of money. When does all of this start to make flat Earth theory just untenable? It is frankly a little bit ridiculous to think that all these private companies are faking their services so NASA can basically steal from them. (they pay taxes, NASA supposedly keeps the tax money given to it and fakes things in return) It makes NO sense.

SpaceX is just delivering a product. Who do you think is operating the control room which tells the rockets what to do?

Offline StinkyOne

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 30, 2017, 08:38:01 PM »

SpaceX is just delivering a product. Who do you think is operating the control room which tells the rockets what to do?

You ALWAYS try to dance around things. SpaceX controls their own rockets. They lease launch facilities currently, but are building their own in Texas which is to be open next year. Also, they aren't the only players. NASA does NOT control all space launches. They don't even control MOST space launches.

One question, Tom - why would DirecTV spend millions on launching a satellite that their business depends on knowing it would fail and they couldn't provide their service??
-Terry50

Offline Tom Bishop

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Flat Earth Believer
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 30, 2017, 08:43:19 PM »
You ALWAYS try to dance around things. SpaceX controls their own rockets. They lease launch facilities currently, but are building their own in Texas which is to be open next year. Also, they aren't the only players. NASA does NOT control all space launches. They don't even control MOST space launches.

One question, Tom - why would DirecTV spend millions on launching a satellite that their business depends on knowing it would fail and they couldn't provide their service??

SpaceX needs to follow the instructions of its customer, NASA. If NASA says that they wants ultimate control, then NASA gets ultimate control.

Why are you bringing up a contractor who has to follow the instructions of its boss as some kind of proof that the boss is innocent?

Offline J-Man

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 30, 2017, 08:50:09 PM »
spacex is a spook company funded by taxpayers, just like the solar and tesla musk runs.

don't believe much spacex says

Offline StinkyOne

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 30, 2017, 08:54:14 PM »

SpaceX needs to follow the instructions of its customer, NASA. If NASA says that they wants ultimate control, then NASA gets ultimate control.

Why are you bringing up a contractor who has to follow the instructions of its boss as some kind of proof that the boss is innocent?

OMG - Stick with me here, DirecTV can't operate without satellites!!! If they pay someone to launch their satellite into space, it has to get there or they have no service to offer their customers!!! There is no faking that. NASA can't fake DirecTV or Sirius radio, or any other commercial enterprise that relies on the satellites they build.

Now for the kicker, NASA didn't launch or control any of DirecTV's satellites.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DirecTV_satellite_fleet They used European launch vehicles! (Russian and French)

That is what a win looks like, Tom. Logic and backing proof. You say yourself that there is no conspiracy.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2017, 08:56:36 PM by StinkyOne »
-Terry50

Offline Tom Bishop

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Flat Earth Believer
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 30, 2017, 09:38:28 PM »
OMG - Stick with me here, DirecTV can't operate without satellites!!! If they pay someone to launch their satellite into space, it has to get there or they have no service to offer their customers!!! There is no faking that. NASA can't fake DirecTV or Sirius radio, or any other commercial enterprise that relies on the satellites they build.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DirecTV_satellite_fleet They used European launch vehicles! (Russian and French)

That is what a win looks like, Tom. Logic and backing proof. You say yourself that there is no conspiracy.

You don't think the Russian Space Agency would have ultimate control over the launches from their facilities?

Offline StinkyOne

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: August 30, 2017, 09:47:53 PM »

You don't think the Russian Space Agency would have ultimate control over the launches from their facilities?

Irrelevant, DirecTV would not function of Russia blew up their satellite! Can you answer the question with a statement and not another meaningless question??
-Terry50

Offline Tom Bishop

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Flat Earth Believer
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: August 30, 2017, 09:55:22 PM »
« Last Edit: August 30, 2017, 10:02:53 PM by Tom Bishop »