Ghost of V

Re: Tapatalk forum app
« Reply #60 on: July 09, 2014, 04:43:59 PM »
Nevermind, looks like I managed to break tapatalk.

How so?

« Reply #61 on: July 09, 2014, 07:52:13 PM »

How so?

I tried to back out of TFES so I could search for more forums to join and the app promptly crashed. So I force stopped it but that did nothing. Restart, nothing. So I just uninstalled it. And if it isn't going to use less data then I've pretty much run out of reasons to bother with it.

Ghost of V

« Reply #62 on: July 09, 2014, 07:57:32 PM »

How so?

I tried to back out of TFES so I could search for more forums to join and the app promptly crashed. So I force stopped it but that did nothing. Restart, nothing. So I just uninstalled it. And if it isn't going to use less data then I've pretty much run out of reasons to bother with it.

I've never had that problem with the app.

Have you entertained the possibility that your mobile device sucks?

Offline Blanko

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: July 09, 2014, 08:03:45 PM »
Okay, rottingroom is a Vauxy alt.

« Reply #64 on: July 09, 2014, 08:14:31 PM »

How so?

Apps force close sometimes but I can tell you that I haven't had tapatalk force close on me. Not yet anyway. I'm not sure why force stopping followed by a restart didn't fix it but restarting your device may have fixed the issue.

In any case, I think it probably does use less data because once it is connected to the server it doesn't have to download all the graphics on the forums each time it loads. Only the avatars, images within posts and texts. As a matter of fact I saw an option in there to not download any avatars or images if you have a slow connection too.

« Reply #65 on: July 09, 2014, 08:14:52 PM »
Okay, rottingroom is a Vauxy alt.

That's offensive.

« Reply #66 on: July 10, 2014, 01:26:49 AM »

How so?

I've never had that problem with the app.

It's a Galaxy S4 running basically bone stock. So I'm gonna blame this one on the app.

Anyway, I reinstalled it and it's working alright now. I can't manage to replicate the issue which is good, I suppose.

Online juner

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: July 10, 2014, 03:23:58 AM »
It's a Galaxy S4 running basically bone stock.

« Last Edit: July 10, 2014, 03:26:13 AM by junker »