Offline Tau

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Magistrum Fallaciae
    • View Profile
The FES Books
« on: December 30, 2013, 01:59:32 AM »
It occurs to me that if Dotorg ever completely goes under, The Book and all of the other pieces of FES literature will be gone forever. Is there anything we can do around here to prevent that happening?
That's how far the horizon is, not how far you can see.

Read the FAQ: http://wiki.tfes.org/index.php?title=FAQ

Saddam Hussein

Re: The FES Books
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2013, 04:32:17 AM »
We could copypasta them post by post, but on the other hand, fuck that.  Maybe there's some technical solution, like posting a page of a thread as an image or something.

« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2013, 04:57:40 AM »
There's a lit page in the wiki for keeping up with FES lit.  I transferred material from Tom's thread to it, so you could just add on to that list.
I don't even care to find out what you're doing wrong, but I'm sure you're doing something wrong.

Saddam Hussein

« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2013, 05:10:01 AM »
There's a lit page in the wiki for keeping up with FES lit.  I transferred material from Tom's thread to it, so you could just add on to that list.

No, no, that's for the super-srs FET-related stuff.  What we're talking about is the fiction that some of us wrote, as linked to and briefly described here:

http://theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=33829.0

Offline Lemon

• Lime
    • View Profile
    • Disco
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2013, 09:07:22 PM »
I'm really bad with the internet and computers in general, but I did this

https://docs.google.com/document/d/10pRTQAvZTHf7qyBtjYsq43R_bjQsQGntyG4GPhpcg-w/edit?usp=sharing

Probably a horrible place to put it, but I have it all in text documents anyway. I can only bring myself to copy two of the stories by hand, no more. Maybe some other time.
NOTHING TO SEE HERE. IGNORE RAMA SET.

Offline Ghost Spaghetti

• Don't look in that mirror. It's absolutely furious
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2014, 12:50:34 AM »
I've still got it saved both in chapter and complete forms somewhere if we need it.

It also occurs to me that while I don't have the time to do another full-length Novella, I might do some short stories to commemorate the new forum. The Chap-Books maybe?

Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2014, 07:28:32 AM »
I've still got it saved both in chapter and complete forms somewhere if we need it.
I'm thinking of adding a miscellaneous resources page to our website. I think it'd be great to include The Book et al there, ideally as a PDF. Would you be interested in doing that?
Read the FAQ before asking your question - chances are we already addressed it.
Follow the Flat Earth Society on Twitter and Facebook!

If we are not speculating then we must assume