Some Questions from a Round Earther
« on: July 26, 2019, 03:51:42 PM »
I'm here wondering about some of the logic going into the proofs of your theory, and some problems I've found with it. I'd love to hear your answers!

Problem #1

How are you reading this? How do we send messages to one another from across oceans and use GPS if we are being hoaxed and there are no satellites to do that job?

Problem #2

Your solution to the question of why gravity is not pulling the earth into a sphere is that the flat plane of earth is accelerating upwards at 9.8 m/s. this would mean that since the moon landings, the earth has sped up 15,454,600,000 m/s. This is 51.54 times the speed of light. It is absolutely, solely impossible to surpass the speed of light according to Einstein's theory of Relativity, which has been proved thousands of times over in thousands of different experiments.

Problem #3

If I were to stand on top of one of the foothills of Colorado and face the front range on a perfectly clear day, what would lay ahead of me would be a gentle, quiet slope that gradually went down all the way to the east coast. Since there are no mountains or hills to obstruct my view from that point, If I grab my telescope and look, I should be able to distantly see the ocean. Not only that, but I could see the coast of Europe across the sea, as there is no horizon to my east from that point. However, on a spherical earth model, the surface of the earth eventually dips below where I can see due to its curvature, and I can see no further than that.

Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
Re: Some Questions from a Round Earther
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2019, 04:02:52 PM »
From READ BEFORE POSTING: Welcome to Flat Earth Investigations!

Please not that this is not the right board for asking entry-level FET questions. If your post starts with "I'm new and I just wanted to ask" or "The Earth can't be flat because of this concept", you're in the wrong place

Locked.
Read the FAQ before asking your question - chances are we already addressed it.
Follow the Flat Earth Society on Twitter and Facebook!

If we are not speculating then we must assume