Yaakov ben Avraham

Re: Ask a Jew anything.
« Reply #380 on: September 08, 2014, 01:30:50 AM »
 QUOTE: "Perhaps you should spread the truth to /pol/ and /r/conspiracy,"

I'm not sure what you're even talking about. Then again, you are an ass. And clearly a bit anti-Semitic. I've a good idea. Go fuck yourself.

Yaakov ben Avraham

« Reply #381 on: September 08, 2014, 01:38:23 AM »
Yes, I do.

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: September 08, 2014, 01:41:35 AM »
Hating Jews is the exact definition of anti-semitism.  Your argument is ridiculous, Dave.

Really?
I thought it was like Racism where you hate them but for no reason.

So what's the hatred of Muslims?  Or are Jews special?

How do I hate the Jewish culture of being an asshole without being anti-semite?  Is that even possible?
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

« Reply #383 on: September 08, 2014, 01:45:38 AM »
Hating Jews is the exact definition of anti-semitism.  Your argument is ridiculous, Dave.

Really?
I thought it was like Racism where you hate them but for no reason.

So what's the hatred of Muslims?  Or are Jews special?

Of course Jews are special. It takes a certain type of mental state to condemn 1.6 billion people to death.

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: September 08, 2014, 01:53:08 AM »
There is no Jewish culture of being an asshole.  There are assholes in every ethnicity.
Yes but yaakov is showing me that Jewish culture is about believing yourself superior in almost every way.  If he is the standard for Jewish culture, doesn't that make it a culture of assholes? 

I mean, sure, every culture has them but I don't know of any culture that tries to.
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

Yaakov ben Avraham

« Reply #385 on: September 08, 2014, 01:55:20 AM »
QUOTE: "Really? I thought it was like Racism where you hate them but for no reason. So what's the hatred of Muslims?  Or are Jews special? How do I hate the Jewish culture of being an asshole without being anti-semite?  Is that even possible?"

LORD DAVE, much as I don't like you, your questions are legitimate. Judaism is the Civilisation of the Jewish People. It is more than just the religion, although that is probably its single largest element. But Jews are the only People in the world who practice it. If one converts to Judaism, that means one is joining a Civilisation. I would encourage you to read Mordecai M. Kaplan's seminal book on the subject "Judaism as a Civilization" for more on that. The reason hatred of Jews for any reason is classified as anti-Semitism is because Jews are the only people who practice Judaism.

Islam is different. Hating Muslims can be classified as a religious prejudice. 23% of all Muslims in the world are Arabs. The rest of them are something else. One can easily become Muslim without being Arab. Although Muslims do refer to themselves as the Muslim Ummah (the Muslim Nation), they are not so regarded by non-Muslims, I suspect because there are so many of them that their cultures have remained quite divergent. Jews are a much smaller number, so most of us have similar cultures, albeit with considerable variation (Ashkenazi vs Sephardi, and even further with the Ethiopic Jews, and so-forth).

However, Jews EVERYWHERE, no matter how far apart their culture, have markers in their DNA that indicate they are Jews. I have DNA that I share with other Jews that I don't share with you. And the Cohanim have DNA that they share with each other that they don't even share with other Jews, as do the Levites. So we are an ethnoreligious group. The Muslims are not. THAT is the difference.

I'm not going to say that the hatred between Jews and Muslims is any nicer because one is religious and the other is ethnoreligious. And in the Middle East, it is more ethnoreligious anyway, since the problem is specifically Arab vs Jew (as Arab Christians don't always like us either, although some do).

But that is your answer, if it helps.

Yaakov ben Avraham

« Reply #386 on: September 08, 2014, 01:57:50 AM »
QUOTE: "Of course Jews are special. It takes a certain type of mental state to condemn 1.6 billion people to death."

You are as stupid as you look. I don't condemn them to death. If they dealt the hand of peace I would deal it back in a heartbeat. It is the fact that they want to make me a Muslim, make me pay a tax, or kill me that makes me want to fight them. Don't you fucking read?
« Last Edit: September 08, 2014, 02:00:23 AM by Yaakov ben Avraham »

Yaakov ben Avraham

« Reply #387 on: September 08, 2014, 02:22:46 AM »
QUOTE: "Yes but yaakov is showing me that Jewish culture is about believing yourself superior in almost every way.  If he is the standard for Jewish culture, doesn't that make it a culture of assholes? I mean, sure, every culture has them but I don't know of any culture that tries to."

Do keep in mind that my views on this particular subject (the Arab-Israeli Conflict) are particularly strident, even for a Jew. Most Jews find the problem distasteful, and would prefer it not exist, but the methods of solving it are various. Many still believe in the Two-State Solution. I did once myself, when I was young and idealistic.

I think the majority of Jews don't know how to deal with it. Even I don't advocate wiping them out. I'm not a Nazi, much as you might prefer to think otherwise. My solution is, as I have said many times, population transfer. A removal of all Arabs from Greater Israel (with the possible exception of those who would take a specific oath of allegiance to the Israeli State) to the Arab country of their choice, with six months living wage for them and their families, and eminent domain for any property they may lose.

As far as the Muslim World is concerned, and how the West (including Israel) must deal with it, we must contain it. Organisations like ISIS must be destroyed without mercy. Total war must be fought against them and anyone supporting them anywhere in the world. Boko Haram, Al Quaeda, Hamas, Hezbollah, etc must be forced to learn that they cannot pull their shit without being completely eliminated. After that has been done, the Muslim World must be given a choice. Either coexist with the West under civilised terms, or be contained to their own part of the world and not be allowed out of it. And lets face it: I think most of them will agree. They are NOT stupid. They know how to see a deal when they've got one.

So no, I don't want to kill every one I see. I have never said that. I admit, I get a little itchy when my dander gets up, but lets reason together and be rational people.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2014, 02:25:14 AM by Yaakov ben Avraham »

Yaakov ben Avraham

« Reply #388 on: September 08, 2014, 02:27:17 AM »
SADDAM, I saw that a long time ago. I never said my views on that subject were standard. They are a bit strident, even for Jews.

Yaakov ben Avraham

« Reply #389 on: September 08, 2014, 02:31:45 AM »
LORD DAVE, as far as being superior to others, I didn't suggest that either. What I did suggest, and perhaps I did so badly, is that the civilisation of Judaism has given rise to all of Western Civilsiation that you are a part of. Would Western Civilsation still exist without it? Yes. That is Obvious. But it would be completely unrecognisable compared to what it now is. You may prefer that it be that way, I don't know. But I submit to you that we live in the best of all possible worlds. That is a philosophical claim with which you may disagree, and that is your right, but it is the claim I am making.

Offline Particle Person

• Planar Moderator
  • born 2 b b&
    • View Profile
« Reply #390 on: September 08, 2014, 02:38:15 AM »
But I submit to you that we live in the best of all possible worlds.

Really? You can't think of anything at all that could possibly be improved upon?
Your mom is when your mom and you arent your mom.

« Reply #391 on: September 08, 2014, 06:03:19 AM »
QUOTE: "Of course Jews are special. It takes a certain type of mental state to condemn 1.6 billion people to death."

You are as stupid as you look. I don't condemn them to death. If they dealt the hand of peace I would deal it back in a heartbeat. It is the fact that they want to make me a Muslim, make me pay a tax, or kill me that makes me want to fight them. Don't you fucking read?
Converting to Islam might actually make people like Jews more. Overnight the Israel problem would be gone.

Looks like ISIS are on to something here..

Yaakov ben Avraham

« Reply #392 on: September 08, 2014, 10:34:31 AM »
VINDICTUS, again, you're a schmuck. ALEX, of course I can. But each improvement entails a weakening in some other aspect of life. Something has to give. I mean, yes, life does need improvement. But when you take it all in all, it is as best as it can be without messing things up even more.

VINDICTUS,  were you born this stupid, or did you take a class to get that way? Get over it, man! Israel is here to stay. Just because you are one of the haters doesn't matter, Dude. All it does is make you look like a dumbass. Not that you don't ALREADY look like one, at least in the picture provided, but this just confirms that you are indeed as stupid as you look. Israel isn't going anywhere, and despite your girly-man attempts to give into the Muslims, does not give up the way you obviously do.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2014, 11:24:46 AM by Yaakov ben Avraham »

Yaakov ben Avraham

« Reply #393 on: September 08, 2014, 11:44:13 AM »
Well, folks, Mahmoud Abbas (Abu Mazen) just sealed the deal to permanent conflict. He has said he would recognise Israel, but NOT as a Jewish state. Of course, Israel will never accept peace under those terms. So the "Palestinians" get their state, but Jews do not get theirs? That's an interesting thought. So, because of a decision just made by the "unity government", any peace between "Palestinians" and Israel is now a dead letter. Israel is many things, but they aren't stupid. They aren't going to commit political suicide by allowing a "Right of Return" of "Palestinians" to Israel proper. That might be allowed to a "Palestinian" state, but not to Israel within the Green Line.

Well, now you know who to blame when you ask why there is no peace between Israel and the "Palestinians". Israel is more than happy to recognise a "Palestinian" state (which I think is unwise, but ok, fine). It is those same "Palestinians" who won't return the favour. So now you know who to blame.

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: September 08, 2014, 04:33:54 PM »
If he is the standard for Jewish culture

I have detected the flaw in your argument.
I wish I could agree but so far those who follow Jewish culture over their native country's culture seem to be very similar to Yaakov here. Kiryas Joe here in New York being a fine example as is Israel.

Also, why is it so bad for Israel to not be a Jewish state?  Don't want a dirty Muslim or Christian to become PM?

Yaakov ben Avraham

« Reply #395 on: September 08, 2014, 07:45:26 PM »
Kiryas Joel is a bit weird by ANYONE'S standards, even Israel's, and, as radical as you mistakenly perceive me to be, even me. And in Israel, Jewish culture IS the native country's culture. And my next question would be this: Would Saudi Arabia want a Jewish King? Jews have ONE nation, and a small one at that, to call theirs. We intend to keep it, even if 2/3 of us don't live there. Its nice to know we can. I'm certainly not giving the country to the Arabs, who would destroy it, just as they did Gaza, and every other part of the world they're in charge of.

« Reply #396 on: September 08, 2014, 10:50:39 PM »
FAPP, you are as stupid as you look.

You don't know what I look like. Your move Kasparov.

If you misunderstood my meaning, I was referring to archaeology.

My mistake. When you said everything I thought you meant everything. Silly me. Next time I'll know that when you say stuff you probably won't mean the stuff you're saying and so I won't point out the withdrawal of Napoleonic magnitude lest you rightly call me a fucktard.

Yaakov ben Avraham

« Reply #397 on: September 08, 2014, 11:04:35 PM »
I'll bet you're a good golfer. Go practice on your putz.

« Reply #398 on: September 08, 2014, 11:10:22 PM »
I'll bet you're a good golfer. Go practice on your putz.

Ladies and Gentlemen. Mr Bob Hope.

Yaakov ben Avraham

« Reply #399 on: September 08, 2014, 11:52:55 PM »
You evidently missed what I said. Well, I shall leave you to get a good Yiddish-English dictionary.