Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
Re: Trump
« Reply #2620 on: March 15, 2018, 06:58:02 AM »
https://pagesix.com/2018/03/14/donald-trump-jr-and-wife-headed-for-divorce-friends-say/

Holy shit, what a woofer. I would have thought Junior could do better anyway, unless mannishness is his thing.

Eh, the source is pretty no-name so I'll hold my thoughts until it actually happens.
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2621 on: March 15, 2018, 09:47:30 AM »
Read the FAQ before asking your question - chances are we already addressed it.
Follow the Flat Earth Society on Twitter and Facebook!

If we are not speculating then we must assume

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2622 on: March 15, 2018, 11:41:47 AM »
Apparently Trump's negotiation strategy is to assume the other guy is better and demand more.

And his minion going "Wow, sir, you're so smart, you were right if we only count Timber and Energy."
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

Offline Tom Bishop

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Flat Earth Believer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2623 on: March 15, 2018, 05:15:29 PM »
Trump already knew that the US has trade deficits with almost all countries.

Offline rooster

• View Profile
« Reply #2624 on: March 15, 2018, 05:28:37 PM »
https://pagesix.com/2018/03/14/donald-trump-jr-and-wife-headed-for-divorce-friends-say/

Holy shit, what a woofer. I would have thought Junior could do better anyway, unless mannishness is his thing.
Are you kidding me? She's way better looking than he is.

Offline Roundy

• Abdicator of the Zetetic Council
    • View Profile
« Reply #2625 on: March 15, 2018, 05:41:21 PM »

Like appearance means anything when you're rich. Do you think Melania is with Sr because of his looks?  ???
Dr. Frank is a physicist. He says it's impossible. So it's impossible.
My friends, please remember Tom said this the next time you fall into the trap of engaging him, and thank you. :)

Offline rooster

• View Profile
« Reply #2626 on: March 15, 2018, 05:47:55 PM »

Like appearance means anything when you're rich. Do you think Melania is with Sr because of his looks?  ???
I don't think any of Trump's wives have been attractive though.

I think the really hot gold diggers tend to go for athletes, musicians, actors, or just... attractive rich people. Vanessa isn't ugly, Junior should consider himself lucky for even getting her.

Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2627 on: March 15, 2018, 06:25:08 PM »
Do you think Melania is with Sr because of his looks?  ???
Hey now, don't assume she's so vain. It could be his personality.

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2628 on: March 15, 2018, 06:56:11 PM »
I stand corrected.
We have an 18 Billion Goods deficit with Canada.

https://www.census.gov/foreign-trade/balance/c1220.html

Roughly.

But all that means is that we import more Canadian goods than we export American goods.  Like Timber (Canada has a lot more than America) and Oil (Cause we buy everyone's oil).

But apparently the CB doesn't include services.
Fortunately the Office of the United States Trade Representative does...

https://ustr.gov/countries-regions/americas/canada#

So yes, surplus, just not in goods alone.

Rama Set

« Reply #2629 on: March 15, 2018, 08:39:10 PM »

Tom knows the deepest thoughts of POTUS.

Offline Tom Bishop

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Flat Earth Believer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2630 on: March 15, 2018, 10:13:28 PM »

Tom knows the deepest thoughts of POTUS.

https://mobile.twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/974276383051583488

Quote from: Donald Trump
We do have a Trade Deficit with Canada, as we do with almost all countries (some of them massive). P.M. Justin Trudeau of Canada, a very good guy, doesn’t like saying that Canada has a Surplus vs. the U.S.(negotiating), but they do...they almost all do...and that’s how I know!

Offline honk

• resident goose
    • View Profile
ur retartet but u donut even no it and i walnut tell u y

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2632 on: March 17, 2018, 04:07:58 PM »

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2634 on: March 17, 2018, 08:39:39 PM »
He will fire his national security guy but doesn't wanna do it harshly cause it's a general so he's gonna do it slowly, properly.

You know, the opposite of how he's been firing people so far.

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2635 on: March 21, 2018, 04:28:37 PM »
Trump hires THE BEST
https://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2018/03/21/595470164/in-hidden-camera-expose-cambridge-analytica-executives-boast-of-role-in-trump-wi

Everything from secret e-mail clients to the offloading of stuff.
Even the candidate being a puppet and "Crooked Hillary" being invtented by them.

Offline Roundy

• View Profile
« Reply #2636 on: March 23, 2018, 09:18:45 PM »
Not sure I understand the controversy. Data mining and demographic targeting on social media? Is this not something that people have been exploiting for personal use since the introduction of social media? Maybe I'm missing something but I just don't get why in this particular case it's so egregious (apart from the Trump hate of course).
My friends, please remember Tom said this the next time you fall into the trap of engaging him, and thank you. :)

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2637 on: March 23, 2018, 09:27:52 PM »
Not sure I understand the controversy. Data mining and demographic targeting on social media? Is this not something that people have been exploiting for personal use since the introduction of social media? Maybe I'm missing something but I just don't get why in this particular case it's so egregious (apart from the Trump hate of course).

It was the whole "We gave you a survey, then data mined your friends profiles even though we had no permission from them and facebook totally let us.".

Like if you took a survey asking your views on certain things, they could then get all the info on everyone from your friends list.  So instead of 270,000 profiles, they got 50 million profiles.

Offline Roundy

• View Profile
« Reply #2638 on: March 23, 2018, 11:20:45 PM »

It was the whole "We gave you a survey, then data mined your friends profiles even though we had no permission from them and facebook totally let us.".

Like if you took a survey asking your views on certain things, they could then get all the info on everyone from your friends list.  So instead of 270,000 profiles, they got 50 million profiles.

And is that illegal or unethical for any reason? How is it different from the myriad other ways politicians collect and use information to try to influence an election besides perhaps scale, which shouldn't make a difference?

If you're on Facebook your info is out there and people are going to exploit it. I still don't see where anything wrong was done here.

Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2639 on: March 24, 2018, 01:22:41 AM »
And is that illegal or unethical for any reason?
Yes, it's completely and utterly illegal given that Cambridge Analytica operated from, well, Cambridge - that makes them liable to the Data Protection Act 1998 (and soon the GDPR). British data protection regulations are quite tight, and not quite as "oh, haha, businesses can do whatever :) :) :)" as the US. They broke the law the moment they exported data abroad without explicit permission, doubly so when they used it for reasons other than those originally provided to data providers (i.e. actual human beings)

If they wanted to take the US approach of "haha if you put it on the Internet then we can literally buttfuck you without asking" approach, they should have run their business from the US.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2018, 01:26:16 AM by Pete Svarrior »