Thork

Re: The saga of Cliven Bundy
« Reply #20 on: April 26, 2014, 09:32:35 PM »
I'm pretty sure we had a conversation on the old forum where you told me about the shit pit you live in. I think someone tried to stab you or something?

Oh hang on, I've been mixing you up with Ghost Spaghetti. If you will pick similar names, I can't be held responsible for confusing you. Now I don't know anything about you. You've been merged with him in my mind. Would you mind sharing a computer with him or collaborating on posts? I don't want to have to learn about another individual. There are too many of you already.

Better?
Are you a chubby girl that thinks she can sing? Seriously, I can't keep up with all the people that come and go.

« Reply #21 on: April 26, 2014, 09:49:05 PM »
I'm pretty sure we had a conversation on the old forum where you told me about the shit pit you live in. I think someone tried to stab you or something?

Oh hang on, I've been mixing you up with Ghost Spaghetti. If you will pick similar names, I can't be held responsible for confusing you. Now I don't know anything about you. You've been merged with him in my mind. Would you mind sharing a computer with him or collaborating on posts? I don't want to have to learn about another individual. There are too many of you already.

Better?
Are you a chubby girl that thinks she can sing? Seriously, I can't keep up with all the people that come and go.

I've been around only slightly longer than you and I'm aware of Vauxy. You're an old man.

Saddam Hussein

« Reply #22 on: April 26, 2014, 10:44:55 PM »
The OP is actually plagiarized from SCG on the other site.  I guess she - and by extension, I - was assuming that you were all somewhat familiar with the story already.  If you're not, then the basic situation is that when the BLM came to physically enforce all the laws that Bundy had broken and the court rulings against him, Bundy had rounded up a mob of armed rednecks and started a huge scene.  You can read about it here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bundy_standoff

That's why he's a big deal - not because he's a nut, but because he's gone further than anyone else in trying to make his nut fantasies come true.  Most of these sovereign citizen/tax protester/states' rights loonies don't do much more than drive without licenses and cheat on their taxes.  Anyway, the conservative politicians and talking heads who were endorsing Bundy's cause have no one to blame but themselves for the fallout now that he's revealed his racism.  They allied themselves with someone who was clearly a nut to try and score a few political points, and it backfired spectacularly.

Offline juner

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 27, 2014, 12:08:24 AM »
Seriously, fuck him.  The asshole had a stretch of I-15 shutdown a couple weeks ago with his redneck supporters.  Secret User and I did get front row seats to the show on a trip we were taking.  A bunch of good ol' boys aiming their rifles at BLM Rangers.  The reality is that if there was a conflict, those douchebags would have had no chance.  The BLM brought some seriously armed support.  Fatigues, assault rifles, sniper rifles.  Drove right by them on the way back when they shut everything down again so NHP could ensure all of BLM could safely leave the area.  Mothers carrying their babies on the freeway with their Don't Tread on Me flags...

So yeah, we got to experience it firsthand...

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 27, 2014, 12:12:15 AM »
In other countries, they'd be labeled terrorists and shot.
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

Ghost of V

« Reply #25 on: April 27, 2014, 12:15:28 AM »
From everything I've read about this incident it seems like Bundy was completely in the wrong and being a huge redneck about the whole situation. The armed stand-off was completely unnecessary.

This is what happens when you don't give hillbillies enough attention as children, they seek it elsewhere.

Offline juner

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 27, 2014, 12:16:22 AM »
SU and I were going to take pics and post before, but we decided we didn't want to add to the publicity that he didn't deserve.  Nevada is an open carry state, but it is still a crime to aim a firearm at another person.  They should have been arrested.  It was incredibly tense driving by, though.

Offline rooster

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 27, 2014, 12:27:03 AM »
From everything I've read about this incident it seems like Bundy was completely in the wrong and being a huge redneck about the whole situation. The armed stand-off was completely unnecessary.

This is what happens when you don't give hillbillies enough attention as children, they seek it elsewhere.
Of course he was in the wrong. But conservatives don't like or sometimes even recognize federal government. I'm getting sick of the division all the together. Maybe I just see more of this mentality because I live in the south, but I wish they'd just have their revolution or shut up.

Ghost of V

« Reply #28 on: April 27, 2014, 12:29:33 AM »

Of course he was in the wrong. But conservatives don't like or sometimes even recognize federal government. I'm getting sick of the division all the together. Maybe I just see more of this mentality because I live in the south, but I wish they'd just have their revolution or shut up.

Hillbilly revolution? I'd like to see that.

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 27, 2014, 01:23:16 AM »

Me too.  It would be devastating to them.
First the politicians would mostly condemn them (aside from those who work in the state that revolt)
Next, the US military would come in and all the guns they'd stock pile will bounce off the tank armor.  Some would surrender, others would shoot back.  Then be sieged until they gave up.
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: April 27, 2014, 01:46:01 AM »
Next, the US military would come in and all the guns they'd stock pile will bounce off the tank armor.

Well, that really just depends. You'll be surpised and/or disturbed at the fact that there are quite a few people who can disable a tank.

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 27, 2014, 01:56:34 AM »
Next, the US military would come in and all the guns they'd stock pile will bounce off the tank armor.

Well, that really just depends. You'll be surpised and/or disturbed at the fact that there are quite a few people who can disable a tank.
With a gun?  Or just by knowing the specifics about how said tank works and how to disable it?

Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 27, 2014, 02:04:39 AM »
With a gun? 

Yes, if we want to be pedantic about it, but you probably wouldn't call it a gun. There are all sorts of things that can disable tanks, which is why they are not used for small engagements. I doubt they'd ever use tanks, regardless.

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 27, 2014, 02:10:03 AM »
With a gun? 

Yes, if we want to be pedantic about it, but you probably wouldn't call it a gun. There are all sorts of things that can disable tanks, which is why they are not used for small engagements. I doubt they'd ever use tanks, regardless.
Fair enough. But my point being that a rebellion would be crushed quickly.  Though it may live on just like the confederacy does now.

Offline Tau

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Magistrum Fallaciae
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 27, 2014, 02:54:04 AM »
And the Republican party wonders why it can't appeal to moderates and young voters.
That's how far the horizon is, not how far you can see.

Read the FAQ: http://wiki.tfes.org/index.php?title=FAQ

« Reply #35 on: April 27, 2014, 03:49:45 AM »
SU and I were going to take pics and post before, but we decided we didn't want to add to the publicity that he didn't deserve.  Nevada is an open carry state, but it is still a crime to aim a firearm at another person.  They should have been arrested.  It was incredibly tense driving by, though.
The only problem with this line of thought is that these people don't recognize the power of the federal government.  They think that the county sheriff is the only authority who is legally allowed to enforce laws.

Saddam Hussein

« Reply #36 on: April 27, 2014, 04:27:33 AM »
The only problem with this line of thought is that these people don't recognize the power of the federal government.  They think that the county sheriff is the only authority who is legally allowed to enforce laws.

Yes...and they're wrong.  What's the problem again?

« Reply #37 on: April 27, 2014, 04:46:38 AM »
The problem is that people tend to get killed in the process.

« Reply #38 on: April 27, 2014, 07:45:09 AM »

Get the county sheriff to sort them out then.

Offline juner

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 27, 2014, 03:31:02 PM »

Yes, I was referring to local law enforcement making the arrests, not BLM.  There was a massive presence of Nevada Highway Patrol there, literally in the middle.  Basically, on the Northbound side of the Interstate was Clive & Company, and the Southbound side was BLM.  NHP was in between the two.  There were several "protestors" aiming their rifles directly at BLM Rangers in the presence of NHP.  That is certainly a local crime, and they should have been arrested. 

What SU and I experienced was on a Saturday.  It was the day the BLM agreed to leave.  Apparently the rednecks who traveled from many states were not ready for the party to be over.  They stayed for days, and a few of them did manage to get arrested for other things, well after the drama was over.