Offline BB

• View Profile
Fossil Fuels
« on: March 02, 2019, 03:06:47 AM »
I have seen a number of theories in flat earth state that there were no dinosaurs. While fossil fuels are not dinosaurs per se, they are vegetation that existed during the same time that has been stored in a very certain way over thousands of years. There is a very easy way to carbon date something, where you can get the age of it.

How is this explained?

Mysfit

Re: Fossil Fuels
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2019, 07:41:02 AM »
Carbon dating is also refuted by those who do not believe in dinos, there is an interesting debate between Bill Nye (the science person) and Ken Ham (owner of the creation museum) that has more info on refuting carbon dating.
I think most, if not all, of the folks here know dinos existed and agrees that they are cool.

Offline ChrisTP

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2019, 10:18:07 AM »
You can go to certain clay beaches and dig up your own dino fossils. Fossil fuels are not dinosaurs though that is a common misconception.
Tom is wrong most of the time. Hardly big news, don't you think?

Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2019, 12:22:52 PM »
I have seen a number of theories in flat earth state that there were no dinosaurs.
I doubt you'll find anyone who believes that here, and in my 9 years of FE advocacy I've never encountered anything like this.

It might be a good idea to ask your question to whoever said it in the first place.
Read the FAQ before asking your question - chances are we already addressed it.
Follow the Flat Earth Society on Twitter and Facebook!

If we are not speculating then we must assume

Offline Nareik

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2019, 02:37:47 PM »
I have seen a number of theories in flat earth state that there were no dinosaurs.
I doubt you'll find anyone who believes that here, and in my 9 years of FE advocacy I've never encountered anything like this.

It might be a good idea to ask your question to whoever said it in the first place.

What's your theory on the dinosaur extinction?

Wouldn't both the meteor and volcanic therories be a bit hard to explain in a flat earth scenario?

Offline Clyde Frog

• [kʰlaɪ̯d fɹɒg]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2019, 02:58:05 PM »

What's your theory on the dinosaur extinction?

Wouldn't both the meteor and volcanic therories be a bit hard to explain in a flat earth scenario?

If you are asking why something that was alive 65 million years ago is not alive today, I'd recommend looking into average lifespans of literally every known creature because you seem to be mistaken about how long things live. If you are instead suggesting that modern birds are not evolutionary descendants of dinosaurs, I would ask for your evidence that flies in the face of the current scientific consensus because otherwise, I believe you are mistaken. And if you are suggesting that the only reason a species can die out is because of meteors and/or volcanoes, again I submit that I think you are mistaken.

Offline Nareik

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2019, 03:12:07 PM »
No, I am just ASKING how FEs would explain these two therories that are the consensus of why most non-avian dinosaurs were extinct about 65 million years ago. I'm not saying anything. I am asking.

Mysfit

« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2019, 03:20:27 PM »
No, I am just ASKING how FEs would explain these two therories that are the consensus of why most non-avian dinosaurs were extinct about 65 million years ago. I'm not saying anything. I am asking.
There are multiple theories, I like the ‘it got cold’ one. Dinos are fine on a flat or round earth.
Volcanoes and such, though. That gets a bit messier on a flat plane. I brought it up months ago with little traction. I’ll try and find a link...
https://forum.tfes.org/index.php?topic=10984.msg168986#msg168986

In summary, there is a toothpaste problem (volcanoes) and brittle biscuit problem (tectonic plates). I have not thought of fixes for em yet.

Offline retlaw

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2019, 06:35:05 PM »
Fossil fuels are a joke. If they came from plants then how did the plants grow under a thousand feet of earth? in the 70's they claimed we will run out of oil. since then the world has burned more oil then ever before and yet it is cheap per barrel. No shortage because it is like water.
it goes from a solid to vapour back to solid.
If you boiled a gallon of water and then the pot is empty does that mean the water is gone for ever?
No it forms clouds and then get redistributed.
Why would any other vapour do it differently?

I had a friend that had a job testing oil well heads for pressure.
One day he tested a well that was not on his list to check and the well was marked as dried up.
The well was full. he told his boss what he did and got in major shit for testing it when he was not suppose to.
Two weeks later they fired him.

Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2019, 06:37:49 PM »
I see dinosaurs every day. In fact, just yesterday I installed a dinosaur house on a nearby tree. I'm not sure why anyone would claim dinosaurs don't exist when most people in the world see them on a daily basis, some even consider them pests.

« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2019, 06:57:35 PM »
Fossil fuels are a joke. If they came from plants then how did the plants grow under a thousand feet of earth?
Lol, you're not serious are you? http://www.google.lmgtfy.com/?q=How+is+oil+formed%3F

No shortage because it is like water.
If you boiled a gallon of water and then the pot is empty does that mean the water is gone for ever?

I'm guessing you never passed Chemistry.

One day he tested a well that was not on his list to check and the well was marked as dried up.
The well was full. he told his boss what he did and got in major shit for testing it when he was not suppose to.

What does this have to do with anything? Guy does his job incorrectly, he gets fired.
We are smarter than those scientists.
I see multiple contradicting explanations. You guys should have a pow-wow and figure out how your model works.

Offline ChrisTP

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 13, 2019, 07:05:37 PM »
Fossil fuels are a joke. If they came from plants then how did the plants grow under a thousand feet of earth? in the 70's they claimed we will run out of oil. since then the world has burned more oil then ever before and yet it is cheap per barrel. No shortage because it is like water.

because stuff dies and gets buried in layers of earth over time, we can see this effect with sedimentary cliffs without any effort. The plants did not grow all the way down there then turn to oil...

Also burning fuel isn’t vapour, its a chemical change caused by whatever form of energy needed to cause the reaction. Fuel isn’t evaporating to make your car move. Your car is (probably) not a steam engine.
Tom is wrong most of the time. Hardly big news, don't you think?

Offline retlaw

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 13, 2019, 07:39:22 PM »
How many tons of dead plants does it take to make one barrel?

About 9.33 million barrels per day are consumed in the USA every day. (2017)

As of 2016, the world-wide daily rate of oil extraction and consumption was approximately 96 million barrels per day.

Do the math. If its not renewable then we would have run out decades ago.
If we are running out then why is a barrel so cheap?

Offline AATW

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 13, 2019, 08:24:32 PM »
If we are running out then why is a barrel so cheap?
Because we still have about 50 years supply left.
https://jalopnik.com/bp-says-the-world-only-has-53-years-of-oil-left-should-1602354842
So yeah, of course it's running out as is ever resource we use. There isn't an infinite supply of anything on earth, when we burn oil what do you think happens, do you think somewhere it rains oil and goes in a cycle?
Seriously, dude, I'm not great at chemistry but even I know you're not making any sense here.
Tom: "Claiming incredulity is a pretty bad argument. Calling it "insane" or "ridiculous" is not a good argument at all."

TFES Wiki Occam's Razor page, by Tom: "What's the simplest explanation; that NASA has successfully designed and invented never before seen rocket technologies from scratch which can accelerate 100 tons of matter to an escape velocity of 7 miles per second"

Offline retlaw

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 13, 2019, 10:02:49 PM »
Quote from: AllAroundTheWorld link=topic=13828.msg186622#msg186622 date=1552508672
There isn't an infinite supply of anything on earth, when we burn oil what do you think happens, do you think somewhere it rains oil and goes in a cycle?
Seriously, dude, I'm not great at chemistry but even I know you're not making any sense here.

Yes that is exactly what I am saying.

Some of the gold we wear today as jewelry could have been mined thousands of years ago and it just get remelted down and used again.
I eat food and drink water and when I die its back to ash's to ash's dust to dust. the very same thing that made me and kept me alive I become.
Its the circle of life and we are on a closed loop system here on earth.

Take fracking for natural gas.
It destroys underground water systems right?
The water is unusable because of contamination.
The water is not gone anywhere. It is just been render to unusable.
If left undisturbed the nature density property's of the elements will separate out in time and start to flow in there separate forms again.
Just take some oil and water in a jar and shake. Over time they separate to the point where one can be removed from the other.

Just because I through out a beer can doesn't mean that the elements that made that beer can has vanished.
Its all here and its staying here.
just changes forms.

Take acid rain. It is the very definition of revolution of the recycle.

Offline stack

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 13, 2019, 10:09:29 PM »
Quote from: AllAroundTheWorld link=topic=13828.msg186622#msg186622 date=1552508672
There isn't an infinite supply of anything on earth, when we burn oil what do you think happens, do you think somewhere it rains oil and goes in a cycle?

Yes that is exactly what I am saying.

Some of the gold we wear today as jewelry could have been mined thousands of years ago and it just get remelted down and used again.
I eat food and drink water and when I die its back to ash's to ash's dust to dust. the very same thing that made me and kept me alive I become.
Its the circle of life and we are on a closed loop system here on earth.

Take fracking for natural gas.
It destroys underground water systems right?
The water is unusable because of contamination.
The water is not gone anywhere. It is just been render to unusable.
If left undisturbed the nature density property's of the elements will separate out in time and start to flow in there separate forms again.
Just take some oil and water in a jar and shake. Over time they separate to the point where one can be removed from the other.

Just because I through out a beer can doesn't mean that the elements that made that beer can has vanished.
Its all here and its staying here.
just changes forms.

Take acid rain. It is the very definition of revolution of the recycle.

What's the point you're trying to make? I'm lost.

Offline retlaw

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 13, 2019, 10:17:31 PM »
Everything is a cycle and recycled including petroleum.
Closed loop system.
Nothing more coming in and nothing more can leave.

Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 13, 2019, 10:35:08 PM »
When people say oil is not a renewable resource, they're not claiming that it is impossible for nature to create more oil. They're simply pointing out that waiting millions of years for nature to do so is unrealistic on a human timescale.

Offline Clyde Frog

• [kʰlaɪ̯d fɹɒg]
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 13, 2019, 11:35:16 PM »
When people say oil is not a renewable resource, they're not claiming that it is impossible for nature to create more oil. They're simply pointing out that waiting millions of years for nature to do so is unrealistic on a human timescale.

That, coupled with the fact that the rate we are using it is much faster than the rate at which new oil is being created.

Offline retlaw

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 14, 2019, 02:18:52 AM »

That, coupled with the fact that the rate we are using it is much faster than the rate at which new oil is being created.

I think i happens faster then a million years.

I have a water well and if I pump it dry i have a device that shuts it down because the pump will burn out if it runs dry.
Just because the pump stops pumping doesn't mean I ran out of water. After i let it sit the water table builds back up then I am good to go again.

I think a lot of oil wells will refill after pumped out.
And i don't think we will run out of oil in 50 years.
We were told in the 70's the same thing.

Its kind off like all the billionaire promising the pubic space flights then they disappear until the next one comes along.
Every generation there is another snake oil sales man pushing the same idea.

Oh just thought of something. How can the billionaire send the public to space when there isn't going to be any fuel? lol