Offline Liste

• View Profile
space balloon test near the south pole?
« on: November 29, 2020, 12:25:18 PM »
Hello there
Has anyone tried sending space balloon at or near the south pole to prove the shape of the earth? can communicate with a camera and wifi transmitter and view the ascent image online.

With this method, what is beyond the south pole and the shape of the earth is defined.
is someone can fly space balloon with the camera? And share video here? I find only one video on youtube but there is no camera view.

Re: space balloon test near the south pole?
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2020, 10:31:47 PM »
This is a great idea; I'd suggest you give it a go first and share your results.

Offline reer

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2020, 02:22:18 AM »
You forgot that, according to FEers, you cannot get to the South Pole. Nobody can scale the wall of ice that blocks access to people, caterpillar trucks and, yes, airplanes or balloons. Hence, there is balloon there, and nobody to fly it.

Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2020, 12:38:11 PM »
You forgot that, according to FEers, you cannot get to the South Pole.
This is incorrect. Please do not mislead others on the basics if you hadn't bothered to learn them yourself.
Read the FAQ before asking your question - chances are we already addressed it.
Follow the Flat Earth Society on Twitter and Facebook!

If we are not speculating then we must assume

Offline reer

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2021, 03:12:58 AM »
Hi Pete

So I checked the wiki, and found you have added a new model of the FE, although the old Antarctic wall model still has pride of place.
https://wiki.tfes.org/Flat_Earth_Maps

Are you trying to get rid of the old one with the Antarctic all? And is that because there are now too many tourists who have visited the continent?

On what basis has this new "Bi-polar Model" been constructed? Is it based on any measurements, or is it just a desperate attempt to avoid an obvious impossibility? When I searched the wiki for more information on it, and it said "There are a wide variety of continental layout possibilities for a Bi-Polar map. The continental layout is unknown and has yet to be fully researched due to ambiguities of jet streams, flight routing, and non-direct flights". That sounds like a real copout to me.

Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2021, 01:33:08 PM »
So I checked the wiki, and found you have added a new model of the FE, although the old Antarctic wall model still has pride of place.
https://wiki.tfes.org/Flat_Earth_Maps
I have no idea what you're talking about. I haven't "added" anything, and the bi-polar model (assuming that's what you're referring to) has been around since early UZS days.

Are you trying to get rid of the old one with the Antarctic all?
Assuming you mean the Ice Wall model - no. I have no idea how you got this confused, but I strongly suggest you do a little bit more reading.

And is that because there are now too many tourists who have visited the continent?
Keep your childish comments where they belong. If you cannot participate in this debate without devolving to playground strategies, then don't participate at all.

On what basis has this new "Bi-polar Model" been constructed?
It's pretty far from new. I'm also not an expert on it, since it's not the model I support. Tom might be better placed to help you with that one. Though, I'd like to take a moment to remind you that you're supposed to familiarise yourself with at least the very basics of FET before posting here.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2021, 01:36:16 PM by Pete Svarrior »

Offline reer

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2021, 10:44:28 PM »
I'm also not an expert on it, since it's not the model I support.
And yet you expect me to "familiarise" myself with it, as it's so basic? As in :
you're supposed to familiarise yourself with at least the very basics of FET before posting here.
As I can't find out anything else about it, I'll have to stick with the Ice Wall model. And to my original comment.

Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2021, 11:17:12 PM »
And yet you expect me to "familiarise" myself with it, as it's so basic?
No.

As I can't find out anything else about it, I'll have to stick with the Ice Wall model.
Congratulations.

And to my original comment.
Your original comment continues to be misleading, and borders on moronic. I implore you not to mislead others just because you failed to read up on the basics. If you can't do that, I recommend that you stay out of the big boy boards. If you can't follow either of these recommendations, you will be assisted in making a choice.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2021, 11:19:09 PM by Pete Svarrior »

Offline reer

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2021, 09:12:18 AM »
As I'm always willing to learn, I went to the FAQ, and found this:
https://wiki.tfes.org/Flat_Earth_-_Frequently_Asked_Questions#What_does_the_Earth_look_like.3F_How_is_circumnavigation_possible.3F

It quite clearly states that "The Earth is surrounded on all sides by an ice wall that holds the oceans back". There is not a single mention of the bi-polar model.

How are we supposed to learn "the very basics of FET", if you don't want to teach us? Please enlighten us - or, if you don't know, get an expert to explain it. I'm looking forward to learning more.

Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2021, 11:43:02 AM »
I already told you that nothing in this thread has anything to do with the bi-polar model...

« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2021, 04:35:07 PM »
reer, your post was labeled misleading because you said this...
... according to FEers, you cannot get to the South Pole. Nobody can scale the wall of ice that blocks access to people, caterpillar trucks and, yes, airplanes...

This statement is your personal commentary on flat earth theory and is not consistent with generally accepted FET. The wiki page you referred to in a later comment states the following.

Quote from: wiki
To our knowledge, no one has been very far past the ice wall
To say "nobody can scale the wall" and attribute it to FEers, is misleading.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2021, 04:44:50 PM by JHelzer »
The hallmark of true science is repeatability to the point of accurate prediction.

Peter Winfield

« Reply #11 on: February 21, 2021, 09:52:45 AM »
I implore you not to mislead others just because you failed to read up on the basics.

The FAQ says "the Earth is in the form of a disk with the North Pole in the center and Antarctica as a wall surrounding the known continents. This is the generally accepted model among members of the society"

So it seems reasonable to ask questions about this model even if some members don't agree with it.

Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 02, 2021, 10:03:58 PM »
So it seems reasonable to ask questions about this model even if some members don't agree with it.
If you read my posts again (or for the first time, as the case may be), you might notice that I said nothing about asking questions, nor did I claim to disagree with the Ice Wall model (indeed, I stressed multiple times that this is the only model being discussed in this thread). I was forcefully objecting to a deliberate lie, which you either failed to understand or chose to defend. In either case, it does not make you look very good.

I am curious, though: did you fail to take note of what we objected to here, or are you once again arguing in bad faith?
« Last Edit: March 02, 2021, 10:07:16 PM by Pete Svarrior »

« Reply #13 on: March 07, 2021, 04:58:27 PM »
I am curious, when explorers go to the South Pole and they all end up at the same place then where are they on the flat earth map as I can not work it out :-( ?