Offline Action80

• View Profile
Canada is a $#!/hole country
« on: December 12, 2021, 04:17:12 PM »
Where they love to starve their visitors:

To be honest I am getting pretty bored of this place.

Offline stack

• View Profile
Re: Canada is a $#!/hole country
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2021, 04:29:11 PM »

They (she and her husband) were quarantined at a Toronto Hilton after arriving from S. Africa. She has celiacs so can only eat gluten-free stuff. They put in their dietary restrictions when they arrived. They didn't get proper food delivered to them for a day and 3/4's. Downright terrible hospitality service, I agree.

So you have one couple quarantined in a Hilton, (not bad accommodations), got shitty service from a hotel, and all of Canada is now a $#!/hole?  ::) Sounds more worthy of a bad Yelp review rather than an international incident.

Offline Action80

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2021, 07:36:12 PM »

They (she and her husband) were quarantined at a Toronto Hilton after arriving from S. Africa. She has celiacs so can only eat gluten-free stuff. They put in their dietary restrictions when they arrived. They didn't get proper food delivered to them for a day and 3/4's. Downright terrible hospitality service, I agree.

So you have one couple quarantined in a Hilton, (not bad accommodations), got shitty service from a hotel, and all of Canada is now a $#!/hole?  ::) Sounds more worthy of a bad Yelp review rather than an international incident.
Who is paying for the quarantine, Copernicus?

Yes, all of Canada is a $#!]hole. Any country that treats visitors in this fashion needs to be avoided.

It is an international incident whether you like it or not.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2021, 08:08:07 PM by Action80 »

Offline stack

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2021, 10:06:16 PM »

Who is paying for the quarantine, Copernicus?

Yes, all of Canada is a $#!]hole. Any country that treats visitors in this fashion needs to be avoided.

It is an international incident whether you like it or not.

Canada is a $#!]hole because one couple couldn't get a gluten-free meal at an airport Hilton? If that makes any rational sense to you, impressive.

Offline Action80

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2021, 10:12:15 PM »

Canada is a $#!]hole because one couple couldn't get a gluten-free meal at an airport Hilton? If that makes any rational sense to you, impressive.
Glad you are impressed. Now, start advocating for countries to act sensibly and not forcibly inflict hunger on foreign visitors.

You are clearly advocating for fascism or another form of totalitarian government given your stance on this issue.

Rama Set

« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2021, 10:37:08 PM »

Glad you are impressed. Now, start advocating for countries to act sensibly and not forcibly inflict hunger on foreign visitors.

You are mistaking incompetence for malice.  Imagine cherry-picking one event and trying to assert it's a systemic failure.  Now go do it for your country.  Start here.

You are clearly advocating for fascism or another form of totalitarian government given your stance on this issue.

You are being more dramatic than a teenager whose phone priviledges have been revoked.

Offline stack

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2021, 10:45:14 PM »

Yes, I'm clearly advocating for fascism because of a hotel providing poor room service to a couple of tourists.

Offline Action80

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2021, 11:08:14 PM »

Yes, I'm clearly advocating for fascism because of a hotel providing poor room service to a couple of tourists.
Glad you can admit that, Mao.

The government in Canada is responsible for this. Not the hotel.

Jesus.

Offline Action80

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2021, 11:13:05 PM »

You are mistaking incompetence for malice.  Imagine cherry-picking one event and trying to assert it's a systemic failure.  Now go do it for your country.
Nope, we will stick with $#!]hole Canada in this thread.

Start your own thread and stop trying to capitalize off my popularity just so people might read your posts.

Offline stack

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 13, 2021, 12:01:53 AM »

Jesus.

Wow, you’ve taken snowflake to new heights - uncontrollably incensed and condemning an entire nation because a couple of gluten intolerant people had to wait a long time to get a banana from Hilton’s room service.
This is definitely a cause that suits your skill-set: Fighting for freedom against the horrors of the Canadian hospitality industry.

Rama Set

« Reply #10 on: December 13, 2021, 12:05:13 AM »

You are mistaking incompetence for malice.  Imagine cherry-picking one event and trying to assert it's a systemic failure.  Now go do it for your country.

Start your own thread and stop trying to capitalize off my popularity just so people might read your posts.

I’m pointing out how fucking feeble your rationale is. I don’t think the US is a shithole because I can dig up a time when some bad shit happened. It’s moronic to assert that, but since you insisted on using that take, then you are forced to agree that the USA and indeed every country on the planet is a shithole.

« Reply #11 on: December 13, 2021, 05:32:40 AM »
Firstly, I think it's inappropriate to label Canada a  $#!/hole country because of one
single unfortunate incident such as this.

According to the report, Janet said "she has severe celiac disease and her food cannot
even be cross-contaminated with gluten
".

I guess my question would be, if someone has chronic celiac disease, and is travelling
internationally, surely they'd take their own suitable food supply with them—at least
to last a couple of days.  Apparently the woman arrived back in Canada with not one
morsel of food with her?  And then blames the hotel kitchen for not having any gluten
free food?

I had no idea what foods are gluten free and had to check:  fruits and vegetables; beans;
seeds; legumes; non-processed nuts; eggs; lean, non-processed meats; fish and poultry.

So apparently she couldn't carry a few apples or bananas, some nuts, processed cheeses,
or even a couple of little tubs of plain yogurt with her?    What a precious little snowflake!

Offline Tom Bishop

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Flat Earth Believer
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 13, 2021, 06:14:35 AM »
Fighting for freedom against the horrors of the Canadian hospitality industry.

This is nothing like a hospitality industry incident. In most cases you can just leave the hotel to feed or medicate yourself. The government was preventing her from leaving and was not providing proper accommodation for her health condition in their quarantine program. It's Canada's fault.

Offline Action80

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 13, 2021, 09:37:43 AM »

Jesus.

Wow, you’ve taken snowflake to new heights - uncontrollably incensed and condemning an entire nation because a couple of gluten intolerant people had to wait a long time to get a banana from Hilton’s room service.
This is definitely a cause that suits your skill-set: Fighting for freedom against the horrors of the Canadian hospitality industry.
If you had a slight clue, you would know this has nothing to do with the Canadian "hospitality industry."

But you have, as usual, no clue.

Our conversation in this thread is therefore terminated. I will, of course, continue to point out the glaring and misleading nature of your posts.

But you really should stop lying about who bears responsibility for this international incident and that would be the Canadian government, not the Hilton.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2021, 09:51:49 AM by Action80 »

Offline Action80

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 13, 2021, 09:42:16 AM »

I’m pointing out how fucking feeble your rationale is. I don’t think the US is a shithole because I can dig up a time when some bad shit happened. It’s moronic to assert that, but since you insisted on using that take, then you are forced to agree that the USA and indeed every country on the planet is a shithole.
No, I am not forced to agree. Once again,  wrong.

Foreign visitors to the s**thole known as Canada are now:

FORCED TO PAY FOR THE COSTS OF 10 DAYS QUARANTINE

AT THE MERCY OF THE IDIOTS WORKING FOR THE SHITBAG FASCIST TRUDEAU!

Canada is a $***hole!!!!
« Last Edit: December 13, 2021, 09:56:47 AM by Action80 »

Offline Action80

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 13, 2021, 09:46:51 AM »
Firstly, I think it's inappropriate to label Canada a  $#!/hole country because of one
single unfortunate incident such as this.

According to the report, Janet said "she has severe celiac disease and her food cannot
even be cross-contaminated with gluten
".

I guess my question would be, if someone has chronic celiac disease, and is travelling
internationally, surely they'd take their own suitable food supply with them—at least
to last a couple of days.  Apparently the woman arrived back in Canada with not one
morsel of food with her?  And then blames the hotel kitchen for not having any gluten
free food?

I had no idea what foods are gluten free and had to check:  fruits and vegetables; beans;
seeds; legumes; non-processed nuts; eggs; lean, non-processed meats; fish and poultry.

So apparently she couldn't carry a few apples or bananas, some nuts, processed cheeses,
or even a couple of little tubs of plain yogurt with her?    What a precious little snowflake!

You can't transport food stuffs with you from a foreign country to another country.

Work on cleaning up the Aussie $#!]hole, then you can come back with perhaps a real point.

« Reply #16 on: December 13, 2021, 11:41:48 AM »
I'm sure America rolls out the red carpet for its visitors ::)

Seriously if the odd shitty room service to one anecdotal couples story s your metric for gauging whether a whole country sucks then I'm pretty sure Ameritard will be right up there with a hell of a lot more than shitty room service to its credit

Just the ramblings of a petty yank trying to justify his pathetic existence in a shit hole country of his own. ::)

Rama Set

« Reply #17 on: December 13, 2021, 11:58:44 AM »
To be fair, it’s not “room service” it’s a hotel that is being used expressly for the purpose of quarantining travelers and is staffed by the Red Cross. That woman should absolutely have had access to the food she needed. It sounds like a badly implemented policy which is for sure, 100%, in all seriousness, facism; of a kind not seen since WWII.

Offline Iceman

• where there's smoke there's wires
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 13, 2021, 12:17:04 PM »

@A80: it’s been done.

Offline Action80

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 13, 2021, 03:27:02 PM »
I'm sure America rolls out the red carpet for its visitors ::)
In case you missed it, more people emigrate to the US each year than any other country.
Seriously if the odd shitty room service to one anecdotal couples story s your metric for gauging whether a whole country sucks then I'm pretty sure Ameritard will be right up there with a hell of a lot more than shitty room service to its credit

Just the ramblings of a petty yank trying to justify his pathetic existence in a shit hole country of his own. ::)
Typical weak reply.