Offline Roundy

• Abdicator of the Zetetic Council
    • View Profile
Re: Trump
« Reply #2300 on: October 02, 2017, 12:52:48 PM »
Right, yes, if we redefine "white" to mean "white+", we can make anyone not white. My bad for trying to speak reason into tfes's resident lefty lobby's mind.

Well, the specific topic related to white supremacists' view of Hispanics (not Pete Svarrior's view of Hispanics), which is that they are not white. I myself would tick off Caucasian if it were on something I'm filling out, but thanks to my Jewish blood they don't consider me white either. Indeed on such forms Hispanics have their own category because they aren't considered white (Caucasian). I hope I've adequately cleared up why your pedantry is completely wrong and inappropriate in this particular situation.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2017, 12:59:47 PM by Roundy »
Dr. Frank is a physicist. He says it's impossible. So it's impossible.
My friends, please remember Tom said this the next time you fall into the trap of engaging him, and thank you. :)

Online Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2301 on: October 02, 2017, 02:07:05 PM »
I'm surprised we have so many experts on white supremacists' views here out of a sudden. It's kinda funny that the garygreen lounge now gets to dictate (in their own minds only) what other people think, even if said people disagree.

Then again, it's not actually all that surprising. After all, you're talking about the American left's idea of "white supremacist" (which can be broadly generalised to "people we don't like"), also synonymous with "Nazis" or "people who should be punched". Again, if we rely on these non-definitions, my proclamation that Trump is Hitler is entirely as relevant or on-point as gary's shitpost.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2017, 02:15:59 PM by Pete Svarrior »
Read the FAQ before asking your question - chances are we already addressed it.
Follow the Flat Earth Society on Twitter and Facebook!

If we are not speculating then we must assume

Offline Roundy

• Abdicator of the Zetetic Council
    • View Profile
« Reply #2302 on: October 02, 2017, 02:34:52 PM »
I'm surprised we have so many experts on white supremacists' views here out of a sudden. It's kinda funny that the garygreen lounge now gets to dictate (in their own minds only) what other people think, even if said people disagree.

Then again, it's not actually all that surprising. After all, you're talking about the American left's idea of "white supremacist" (which can be broadly generalised to "people we don't like"), also synonymous with "Nazis" or "people who should be punched". Again, if we rely on these non-definitions, my proclamation that Trump is Hitler is entirely as relevant or on-point as gary's shitpost.

Might mean something if only you weren't completely wrong about white supremacists' view of Hispanics, and Gary wasn't absolutely right. Maybe this is a case where you just don't understand the issue ( I know that's shocking!).
Dr. Frank is a physicist. He says it's impossible. So it's impossible.
My friends, please remember Tom said this the next time you fall into the trap of engaging him, and thank you. :)

Online Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2303 on: October 02, 2017, 02:38:18 PM »
"ur wrong!!!"

ok nice discussion friend
« Last Edit: October 02, 2017, 02:40:51 PM by Pete Svarrior »

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2304 on: October 02, 2017, 03:36:21 PM »
Pete, why don't YOU tell US your definition of white supremacist's definition of white so we have a baseline on what you think cause right now all we have is "Hispanics are the right kind of white".

Also:
Trump reads from script again.
http://www.npr.org/2017/10/02/555030627/trump-to-address-the-nation-on-las-vegas-shooting

Oh wait, it's cause it's an old, white guy.
http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2017/10/02/554976369/section-of-las-vegas-strip-is-closed-after-music-festival-shooting

Thank god it wasn't black or hispanic.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2017, 04:02:35 PM by Lord Dave »
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

« Reply #2305 on: October 03, 2017, 04:54:05 AM »
Right, yes, if we redefine "white" to mean "white+", we can make anyone not white. My bad for trying to speak reason into tfes's resident lefty lobby's mind.

you're just doubling down on being wrong about a fact that you can look up.

i'm not redefining anything.  puerto ricans are latino.  or hispanic or whatever.  the sterotype of puerto ricans in america is "poor brown people who fight a lot."

but since you mentioned it, "white+anything=nonwhite" is basically the bedrock of racist ideology in america: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/One-drop_rule.  you don't have to be an expert on anything to know that racists don't consider latinos/hispanics to be white.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2017, 05:22:38 AM by garygreen »
I have visited from prestigious research institutions of the highest caliber, to which only our administrator holds with confidence.

Online Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2306 on: October 03, 2017, 07:51:27 AM »
Pete, why don't YOU tell US your definition of white supremacist's definition of white
I don't see the point in linking Wikipedia to a bunch of people who clearly don't want to discuss the subject. It was supposed to be a quick "Haha DRUMPF is racist xD" and my interjections are clearly just a needless nuisance to these highly intellectual endeavours. It's supposed to rely on the meme definition of "white supremacist" (one so broad that I'd probably fall under it by virtue of opposing ISIS). It was a mistake for me to try and discuss it rather than just meme back at gary.

basically the bedrock of racist ideology in america: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/One-drop_rule
Hispanics are black, Russia is a cherished ally of the USA, and the Qing dynasty is a hoax perpetuated by the Chinese. 10/10
« Last Edit: October 03, 2017, 07:56:51 AM by Pete Svarrior »

« Reply #2307 on: October 03, 2017, 03:19:27 PM »
my interjections are clearly just a needless nuisance to these highly intellectual endeavours.

no, your interjection is just wrong.  puerto ricans are latino.  racists don't consider latinos to be white.  no one in america does, frankly.

basically the bedrock of racist ideology in america: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/One-drop_rule
Hispanics are black, Russia is a cherished ally of the USA, and the Qing dynasty is a hoax perpetuated by the Chinese. 10/10

lol i'm obviously not saying hispanics are considered african, dummy.  jesus christ, it's like pulling teeth with you.

i'm saying that hispanics are considered not-white.  to racists, white or not-white is the binary that divides races.  hispanics and latinos are not-white.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2017, 03:49:03 PM by garygreen »
I have visited from prestigious research institutions of the highest caliber, to which only our administrator holds with confidence.

Online Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2308 on: October 03, 2017, 09:14:40 PM »
lol i'm obviously not saying hispanics are considered african, dummy.  jesus christ, it's like pulling teeth with you.
Yes, you were also obviously not saying that Russia is a US ally, or that Qing didn't exist. You just happened to say those exact words but you actually meant something else. But hey, at the very least we agree that white people are not black. That's something, right?

to racists, white or not-white is the binary that divides races.  hispanics and latinos are not-white.
Again, if we allow you to exclusively define what a racist or white supremacist is, then I'm sure Trump is one. Similarly, if I get to define a cactus as whatever the hell I want it to be, then Trump is a cactus. This is why this approach is useless.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2017, 09:16:52 PM by Pete Svarrior »

« Reply #2309 on: October 04, 2017, 01:02:19 AM »
Yes, you were also obviously not saying that Russia is a US ally, or that Qing didn't exist. You just happened to say those exact words but you actually meant something else. But hey, at the very least we agree that white people are not black. That's something, right?

lol only one of those things were my "exact words."

i said precisely what i meant: "white+anything=nonwhite is basically the bedrock of racist ideology in america." 

no one in america considers puerto ricans to be white people.  puerto ricans are latino.

to racists, white or not-white is the binary that divides races.  hispanics and latinos are not-white.
Again, if we allow you to exclusively define what a racist or white supremacist is, then I'm sure Trump is one. Similarly, if I get to define a cactus as whatever the hell I want it to be, then Trump is a cactus. This is why this approach is useless.

if you mean defining that racists hate latinos, then i'm not defining anything.  that's just a factually true thing about white supremacy.

if you mean defining trump as a white supremacist, then i'm basing it on the criterion "demonstrates a profound lack of respect for the lives of people who aren't white."

Offline honk

• resident goose
    • View Profile
« Reply #2310 on: October 04, 2017, 01:11:24 AM »
The most valid point you (Pete) could possibly be making here is a Rushy-esque quibble about at what point ethnic bigotry can correctly be called "racism," which is a debate this forum has had multiple times in the past and adds very little to this specific discussion. There is such a thing as anti-Hispanic sentiment and discrimination against them, you know perfectly well that's what's being alluded to in this context, and your nitpicking doesn't change anything about the sentiment of what garygreen was expressing. And I'm pretty sure that you know what a useless point that was, and it's why you're now trying to change the subject with a tirade of ad hominems and irrelevant references to what garygreen has said before on different subjects. None of that matters! garygreen could have said that two plus two is five and Hitler did nothing wrong, and it wouldn't change the hollowness of your supposed rebuttal. Also:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/national/the-latest-trump-blasts-media-coverage-of-puerto-rico/2017/09/30/8a00f4a4-a647-11e7-b573-8ec86cdfe1ed_story.html
« Last Edit: October 04, 2017, 02:41:19 AM by honk »
ur retartet but u donut even no it and i walnut tell u y

Online Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2311 on: October 04, 2017, 07:30:29 AM »
There is such a thing as anti-Hispanic sentiment and discrimination against them, you know perfectly well that's what's being alluded to in this context, and your nitpicking doesn't change anything about the sentiment of what garygreen was expressing.
Of course, but this allusion is equally incorrect in my mind, just much less entertaining and basically not worth mentioning in the current year. The whole "Trump hates minorities" meme has mostly died off outside a small group of left-leaning people. It's about as funny as "dat boi" at this point.

Meanwhile, gary trying to explain that he doesn't think Hispanics are white by linking me to a Wikipedia article about how black people were miscategorised in the past is hilarious. The absurdity of that statement does indeed match the absurdity of his past statements, and while the trend is indeed irrelevant to the subject at hand, it's still worth bearing in mind. A person who talked nonsense so much in the past is likely to continue talking nonsense.

Finally, and I'd say that's the most pertinent part of my point here, I strongly doubt any of you have ever met a racist person, yet you try to act like experts on the matter. It's not a good look for you.

In other news, our resident Nazi/cactus president is throwing paper towels at definitely-not-white people: http://time.com/4968074/donald-trump-paper-towels-puerto-rico/
« Last Edit: October 04, 2017, 07:37:48 AM by Pete Svarrior »

Offline honk

• resident goose
    • View Profile
« Reply #2312 on: October 04, 2017, 04:41:11 PM »
Finally, and I'd say that's the most pertinent part of my point here, I strongly doubt any of you have ever met a racist person, yet you try to act like experts on the matter. It's not a good look for you.

What a strange thing to say so confidently. Of course I've met and known racist people before. We most likely all have, including you. You're acting like racism is some rare and mythical phenomenon that very few people have ever experienced.

Online Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2313 on: October 04, 2017, 06:54:45 PM »
You're acting like racism is some rare and mythical phenomenon that very few people have ever experienced.
No, it's mostly that your depictions of racists are so detached from reality. They read like tedcruzforhumanpresident.com

Offline Snupes

• Planar Moderator
  • Counting wolves in your paranoiac intervals
    • View Profile

« Reply #2315 on: October 05, 2017, 03:35:28 AM »
Meanwhile, gary trying to explain that he doesn't think Hispanics are white by linking me to a Wikipedia article about how black people were miscategorised in the past is hilarious.

nope, the wiki page was an example of how "you are either 100% white or you are not white" is deeply ingrained in american racist ideology.  either way it doesn't really matter.  you're speaking nonsense.  puerto ricans are latino.  racists don't like latinos.  there is nothing even remotely controversial about those two sentences.

have you never heard the word spic before?

also your characterization of the substance of our past arguments is wildly inaccurate.  and tbh tbh tbqh i'm not particularly embarrassed by having said a wrong thing before anyway.  i've said plenty of wrong things before.  lol although i do genuinely love that you're pretending like it's some kind of bayesian inference when you're really just being petty for the sake of being petty.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2017, 03:55:01 AM by garygreen »

Offline honk

• resident goose
    • View Profile
« Reply #2316 on: October 05, 2017, 05:17:44 AM »
puerto ricans are latino.  racists don't like latinos.  there is nothing even remotely controversial about those two sentences.

You just don't like that he's turning a rational eye to your dogma. Hey, what's the email for the president of race relations?

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2317 on: October 05, 2017, 06:17:37 AM »
Look, racism is so broad a topic, you can find a racist pretty much in all ends of the spectrum.

From: I hate whites (and I am white) to I don't think I'm racist but I definitely get nervous around black people to I hate anyone with x skin color and finally I hate anyone who isn't a white skinned American with a beard and muscles.
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

Offline Dither

• The night above the dingle starry,
    • View Profile
« Reply #2318 on: October 05, 2017, 06:49:27 AM »
Look, racism is so broad a topic, you can find a racist pretty much in all ends of the spectrum.

Have we mentioned reverse racism yet.

https://www.google.com.au/amp/s/www.buzzfeed.com/amphtml/ramosaline/reverse-racism

A lie will make it around the world before the truth has time to put on its shoes.

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2319 on: October 05, 2017, 07:34:18 AM »

Have we mentioned reverse racism yet.

https://www.google.com.au/amp/s/www.buzzfeed.com/amphtml/ramosaline/reverse-racism

Yes because racism can only be described by those in power keeping things unfair to others.

>_>

Seriously, racism isn't just "majority making life unfair to minorities".  By that definition, if a white person hates blacks, calls them niggers, and does everything in his power to make their life miserable, which results in absolutely nothing because he has no power over any black person's life, (so can't wage discriminate, pass for promotion, cut in line, or even refuse service) then he's not racist.  Which is BS.

You also seem to be looking at just America as though that's the only nation with any racism.
You ALSO seem to think that just because there aren't some major statistics that it doesn't happen. 

Reverse Racism isn't a thing.
It's just racism.