Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
Re: Trump
« Reply #3880 on: May 19, 2019, 01:00:55 PM »
It probably helped him get the nomination.  Because nothing helps a candidate win then making a bunch of people super angry then giving them a candidate who makes angry threats on their behalf.

Apparently the Internet Research Agency started posting pro-Rubio material during the primaries and then switch to Trump.

Of course.  Trump is the obvious candidate.  He's more polarizing than Lincolin.
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

Offline honk

• resident goose
    • View Profile
« Reply #3881 on: May 20, 2019, 02:06:05 AM »
https://www.nytimes.com/2019/05/18/us/trump-pardons-war-crimes.html

What's behind this spate of pardons and planned pardons? My own spicy take that I obviously can't prove is simply that Trump admires these people for supposedly being tough guys, likes to think of himself as being a tough guy too, and thinks that pardoning them shows some sort of kinship, helping sell the idea that he himself is also a tough guy. Personally, I don't see anything tough or badass about murdering unarmed civilians or urinating on the dead, but then again, I also don't see anything tough or badass about an obese, thin-skinned, high-maintenance fop who spends most of his time shitposting, so what do I know? Obviously, millions of Americans disagree with me!
ur retartet but u donut even no it and i walnut tell u y

Offline Cain

• This is the line of division.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3882 on: May 20, 2019, 02:20:30 PM »
I also don't see anything tough or badass about an obese, thin-skinned, high-maintenance fop who spends most of his time shitposting, so what do I know?
Leave Parsifal alone.
You just made my list, buddy.  >:(
this world does not have room for another mind as intelligent as yours.

Offline markjo

• Zetetic Council runner-up
    • View Profile
« Reply #3883 on: May 20, 2019, 05:54:59 PM »
For obstruction to take place, something legitimate needs to be going on that can be obstructed.
Yes, that would be the Mueller (or any other official) investigation.
Abandon hope all ye who press enter here.

Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.

Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge. -- Charles Darwin

If you can't demonstrate it, then you shouldn't believe it.

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3884 on: May 22, 2019, 06:35:45 PM »
Yeah.  You can obstruct even if no crime is found.

Like if my wife vanishes and the police investigate and I do everything I can to stop them from investigating like not answering questions, not letting them into my house, etc...

I am obstructing justice.  Even if she pops up a week later saying she went camping.
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3885 on: May 23, 2019, 09:49:51 PM »
White House Announces $16 Billion In Aid To Farmers Hurt By China Trade Dispute https://n.pr/2X2u00o

Remember folks, Trump isn't to blame, its the people who didn't bow to his demands that forced him to start a trade war.

Also: government checks are bad, unless its to Republican groups.  Like farmers.  Then its good.

Offline Dr Van Nostrand

• There may be something to this 'Matrix' stuff...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3886 on: May 24, 2019, 07:50:17 PM »
Trump's trade war is not a trade war. It's a financial suicide attack against one of the largest economies on the planet and the people of America will be the ones to suffer while Trump lounges at the country club.

America has trillions of dollars of debt. China has trillions of dollars of cash. Who do you think will win an extended trade dispute in that scenario?

His career as a dealmaker is PR mythology. We need someone with practical public sector experience in foreign negotiations to negotiate our way out of this. Trump does everything like he's on some extreme reality show.
Round Earther patiently looking for a better deal...

If the world is flat, it means that I have been deceived by a global, multi-generational conspiracy spending trillions of dollars over hundreds of years.
If the world is round, it means that you’re just an idiot who believes stupid crap on the internet.

totallackey

« Reply #3887 on: May 28, 2019, 10:46:15 AM »
For obstruction to take place, something legitimate needs to be going on that can be obstructed.
Yes, that would be the Mueller (or any other official) investigation.
LOL!

Offline juner

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3888 on: May 29, 2019, 03:12:20 PM »
LOL!

While these are the more social fora and the rules aren't as strictly enforced, at least make an effort if you are going to post.

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3889 on: May 29, 2019, 06:37:18 PM »
https://www.npr.org/2019/05/29/582724398/special-counsel-robert-mueller-steps-down-after-leading-russia-inquiry

This is a good read.
Reading between the lines tells me Trump probably did Obstruct but Meuller was never able to do anything about it.

Offline Dr Van Nostrand

• View Profile
« Reply #3890 on: May 29, 2019, 09:30:53 PM »
“If we had had confidence that the president clearly did not commit a crime, we would have said so,”

Robert Mueller

Not an exoneration...

If the world is flat, it means that I have been deceived by a global, multi-generational conspiracy spending trillions of dollars over hundreds of years.
If the world is round, it means that you’re just an idiot who believes stupid crap on the internet.

Offline stack

• View Profile
« Reply #3891 on: May 30, 2019, 12:10:58 AM »
“If we had had confidence that the president clearly did not commit a crime, we would have said so,”

Robert Mueller

Not an exoneration...

Trumps tweet response post Mueller event today:

"Nothing changes from the Mueller Report. There was insufficient evidence and therefore, in our Country, a person is innocent. The case is closed! Thank you."
    — Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) May 29, 2019

Personal favorite tweet retorts of the day:

- "Hold on. I thought it was complete and total exoneration? We’ve downgraded to insufficient evidence?"

- "I think “innocent on a technicality” will make a great 2020 campaign slogan"

Offline honk

• resident goose
    • View Profile
« Reply #3892 on: May 30, 2019, 04:38:29 AM »

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3893 on: May 30, 2019, 06:56:59 AM »
https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/446076-white-house-asked-for-uss-john-mccain-to-be-out-of-sight-during

What a spiteful, petty man.

Read that again.
He didn't plan it.  His Aids did so he wouldn't get pissy.

So he isn't spiteful, he's a god damn toddler.  No, scratch that.  A toddler would ignore it.  He's an emotionally fragile, instable little drama queen.

Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3894 on: May 30, 2019, 04:53:24 PM »
US energy department rebrands gas exports 'molecules of freedom'

Also, freedom gas.

This is fantastic. America keeps out-America'ing itself.
Read the FAQ before asking your question - chances are we already addressed it.
Follow the Flat Earth Society on Twitter and Facebook!

If we are not speculating then we must assume

Offline honk

• resident goose
    • View Profile
« Reply #3895 on: May 30, 2019, 06:16:46 PM »
https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/446076-white-house-asked-for-uss-john-mccain-to-be-out-of-sight-during

Read that again.

So he isn't spiteful, he's a god damn toddler.  No, scratch that.  A toddler would ignore it.  He's an emotionally fragile, instable little drama queen.

I read the article quite comprehensively, and you're really not contradicting me at all, only substituting your own unflattering terms in place of mine.

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/446136-professor-who-has-correctly-predicted-nine-presidential-elections-says

oh no

Offline WellRoundedIndividual

• Proverbs 13:20 is extremely relevant today.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3896 on: May 30, 2019, 07:36:15 PM »
2019 Freedom Gas is 2003's Freedom Fries. Nothing original - just like Hollywood. Fuck fake.
BobLawBlah.

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3897 on: May 30, 2019, 07:50:12 PM »

Read that again.

I read the article quite comprehensively, and you're really not contradicting me at all, only substituting your own unflattering terms in place of mine.

You can't be spiteful on something you didn't do.  Which is what you implied. 

I mean, he IS spiteful, but this is not one of those times.

Offline Roundy

• Abdicator of the Zetetic Council
    • View Profile
« Reply #3898 on: May 30, 2019, 08:43:48 PM »
I wish Democrats weren't such pussies. Let's ignore that Trump committed impeachable offenses because we won't be able to remove him anyway. Pelosi seems to think it would hurt them politically in the next election. My opinion is that not starting impeachment proceedings when faced with such obvious criminality will backfire. To the layman who doesn't follow politics closely it only looks like that's an excuse and they really don't have enough evidence to impeach.

And then there's this notion floating around that Trump is "counting on" impeachment. Like he thinks having his crimes aired in a public forum (rather than merely buried in a 400 page report) will help him in the next election. I just don't see it.  :-\
Dr. Frank is a physicist. He says it's impossible. So it's impossible.
My friends, please remember Tom said this the next time you fall into the trap of engaging him, and thank you. :)

Offline Dr Van Nostrand

• View Profile
« Reply #3899 on: May 30, 2019, 09:39:05 PM »
I wish Democrats weren't such pussies. Let's ignore that Trump committed impeachable offenses because we won't be able to remove him anyway. Pelosi seems to think it would hurt them politically in the next election. My opinion is that not starting impeachment proceedings when faced with such obvious criminality will backfire. To the layman who doesn't follow politics closely it only looks like that's an excuse and they really don't have enough evidence to impeach.

And then there's this notion floating around that Trump is "counting on" impeachment. Like he thinks having his crimes aired in a public forum (rather than merely buried in a 400 page report) will help him in the next election. I just don't see it.  :-\

It would be the moral and right thing to do for the Dems to codify all the abuses outlined in the M report and present them to congress for impeachment proceedings. That would be the right thing to do.

However....

We can't afford to make this ding-dong a political martyr. With a corrupt AG on his side and a majority in the Senate, this is the kind of mudslinging  shitfight Trump loves. He knows that few people will actually read the report and see the actual facts. He built his career on hype, bullshit and army of lawyers which he will use to obstruct any investigation for years.

Remember, Bill Clinton actually got a bump in the polls during his impeachment and we actually had a sample of presidential spooge on the infamous blue dress. ( and if I recall, the dems also picked up some legislative seats.)

The Republican party hated Richard Nixon. They didn't like him personally and they didn't like his policies. But when the investigations started, they rallied all their resources to protect him from the treasonous attacks of "the liberal jackals." Keep in mind, Nixon was a lame duck president and yet they still sold their integrity to protect him.

Donald Trump is a first term president with the potential to put another conservative justice on the Supreme Court. The Republicans have already demonstrated they are ok with his corruption, lying and pussy grabbing. We can assume they will do whatever it takes to get him re-elected, even accepting help from the Russians. (or as Guiliani might say, not preventing the Russians from helping him but not actually coordinating with them.)

Impeachment would be justice but we need him gone. Just let him keep screwing shit up, tweeting stupid shit and we'll crush him in a landslide on election day. The problem is that we can't be sure that the Democrats aren't going to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory by nominating someone more fucked up than Trump like they did last time. Darth Vader isn't real and El Chapo isn't a U.S. citizen but with so many nominees who knows what kind of Occupy Wall Street, communist freak-out they might come up with.

Anthony Weiner just got out of prison.Remember him? The New York congressman who got bust sending pictures of his weiner to women AND HIS NAME IS WEINER! This guy is calling out for the Democratic nomination.