Offline Roundy

• Abdicator of the Zetetic Council
    • View Profile
Re: President Joe Biden
« Reply #1460 on: March 01, 2024, 07:46:11 PM »
Biden just isn’t well enough to be president. He’s not well enough physically or mentally.
Hmm. I dunno about this. To me, one of them (Trump, to avoid ambiguity) has bad intentions, while the other one is "just" in bad health*. We definitely agree that neither is ideal. But, to me, it seems like our options are a comparably healthy person who's actively malicious, and one person who might end up handing power over to another milquetoast Democrat if things get bad enough.

* - if we even accept that narrative to begin with. I honestly don't know if he's any worse than Trump on that front. Recall the hysteria around Trump's health when he was president - and the counter-argument in which his health was declared to be Truly Presidential™ by his doctor.
I'm not sure Trump is actually malicious. He's not trying to take America down from the inside.

Interesting take, that the man who literally led a violent effort to subvert our Democratic process isn't "actually malicious". I'm sure a lot of people who aren't crazy about Trump but can't stomach the thought of 4 more years of Biden are rationalizing things the same way.

It's demonstrably wrong, of course...
Dr. Frank is a physicist. He says it's impossible. So it's impossible.
My friends, please remember Tom said this the next time you fall into the trap of engaging him, and thank you. :)

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1461 on: March 01, 2024, 08:13:56 PM »
Biden just isn’t well enough to be president. He’s not well enough physically or mentally.
Hmm. I dunno about this. To me, one of them (Trump, to avoid ambiguity) has bad intentions, while the other one is "just" in bad health*. We definitely agree that neither is ideal. But, to me, it seems like our options are a comparably healthy person who's actively malicious, and one person who might end up handing power over to another milquetoast Democrat if things get bad enough.

* - if we even accept that narrative to begin with. I honestly don't know if he's any worse than Trump on that front. Recall the hysteria around Trump's health when he was president - and the counter-argument in which his health was declared to be Truly Presidential™ by his doctor.
I'm not sure Trump is actually malicious. He's not trying to take America down from the inside.

Interesting take, that the man who literally led a violent effort to subvert our Democratic process isn't "actually malicious". I'm sure a lot of people who aren't crazy about Trump but can't stomach the thought of 4 more years of Biden are rationalizing things the same way.

He strongly encouraged others to do a thing.  Not really leading, per se.

That being said, maybe he's so delusional with rich man privledge that he honestly thinks he won? 
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

Offline Roundy

• View Profile
« Reply #1462 on: March 01, 2024, 10:23:19 PM »

That being said, maybe he's so delusional with rich man privledge that he honestly thinks he won?

Dave, he was asking for it for months. His followers wouldn't have been there if he hadn't been asking for it. He was the leader of our country, and for a lot of people he held, and still holds, the power of a cult leader, and he encouraged his followers to lead an insurrection to subvert our Democratic process and install him as a dictator.

I can't imagine how it can be argued that he didn't literally lead it.
My friends, please remember Tom said this the next time you fall into the trap of engaging him, and thank you. :)

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1463 on: March 02, 2024, 08:32:14 AM »

Dave, he was asking for it for months. His followers wouldn't have been there if he hadn't been asking for it. He was the leader of our country, and for a lot of people he held, and still holds, the power of a cult leader, and he encouraged his followers to lead an insurrection to subvert our Democratic process and install him as a dictator.

I can't imagine how it can be argued that he didn't literally lead it.

I'd argue it (weakly) that he's got the leadership skills of a chatbot.  And therefore not a leader but a spokesman or figurehead.
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

Offline Roundy

• View Profile
« Reply #1464 on: March 02, 2024, 11:30:20 AM »
And therefore not a leader but a spokesman or figurehead.

Wow. Ok, look up the definition of the word "president" as it pertains to our government and get back to me. This isn't the fucking Royal Family we're talking about here.

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1465 on: March 02, 2024, 04:14:23 PM »
And therefore not a leader but a spokesman or figurehead.

Wow. Ok, look up the definition of the word "president" as it pertains to our government and get back to me. This isn't the fucking Royal Family we're talking about here.

Yes yes.  He was a leader by legal right.  But just because you're called the boss, doesn't mean you're a leader.

Offline AATW

• View Profile
« Reply #1466 on: March 08, 2024, 09:45:03 AM »
I think "led" is giving him too much credit. It implies he bravely led them into battle.
Actually what he did was whip them up, said he'd "be right there with them" and then left a load of his most idiotic cult members to run riot on their own while he "bravely" watched on from afar.

But it's certainly true that they wouldn't have been there but for him, so in that sense the whole thing was his doing.

When I said he's not malicious - I don't think he's trying to take America down. But he's a narcissist who has grown up getting everything he wanted. He couldn't handle the fact that he lost so he stamped his feet and insisted he'd won, like a child. The difference is the parents of a young child who does that just laugh at them or tell them off, Trump's cult members believed him.

He won't be a good President if he gets in again, I was reminded recently of the utter bullshit he used to spout on a daily basis - he's not been so prominent over here since he stopped being President so I'd kind of forgotten. But I don't think he'll blow up the whole system, he's not capable of doing that. And at least it's the last time he'll be President so we won't have all that bullshit again in 2028.

I genuinely am not sure who I'd vote for now. I think the whole world is looking on with a sense of "Really? Is that the best two options you could come up with?"
« Last Edit: March 08, 2024, 12:01:14 PM by AATW »
Tom: "Claiming incredulity is a pretty bad argument. Calling it "insane" or "ridiculous" is not a good argument at all."

TFES Wiki Occam's Razor page, by Tom: "What's the simplest explanation; that NASA has successfully designed and invented never before seen rocket technologies from scratch which can accelerate 100 tons of matter to an escape velocity of 7 miles per second"

Offline Tom Bishop

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Flat Earth Believer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1467 on: April 02, 2024, 12:32:58 PM »

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1468 on: April 02, 2024, 12:45:21 PM »
Wow, I hadn't heard that he did this.

Because he didn't.  The RNC is really bad at april fools jokes.  And you're really bad at spotting them.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/International_Transgender_Day_of_Visibility

Online honk

• resident goose
    • View Profile
« Reply #1469 on: April 02, 2024, 04:14:05 PM »
It has nothing to do with April Fools Day. Like the link points out, this trans day is on March 31st every year. It wasn't Biden's decision to put it on the same day as Easter to distract from the holiday or anything.
ur retartet but u donut even no it and i walnut tell u y

Offline Tom Bishop

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Flat Earth Believer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1470 on: April 02, 2024, 08:16:10 PM »
Apparently there are LGBT days every week: https://glaad.org/reference/calendar/

It was absolutely Joe Biden's decision to issue a presidential proclamation that Easter Day was transgender day. It just happened to be that day. If it was International Lesbian Day he would have proclaimed that instead. He had a choice not to do this, but he did it anyway.

Joe Biden has not issued presidential proclamations for each of those many LGBT days on that page. There are not weekly presidential proclamations for the gay day of the week. He chose to emphasize this Easter one.

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1471 on: April 02, 2024, 08:20:09 PM »
A link to the actual proclamation would have helped.

https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefing-room/presidential-actions/2024/03/29/a-proclamation-on-transgender-day-of-visibility-2024/

I'm curious if he did it on the one last year.

Oh, he did.
https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefing-room/presidential-actions/2023/03/30/a-proclamation-on-transgender-day-of-visibility/

So you'll forgive me if I don't take this seriously.  Sounds like he does it every year.  Not his fault the chuch decided to make Easter a floating holiday.

Offline Tom Bishop

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Flat Earth Believer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1472 on: April 02, 2024, 10:17:40 PM »
It looks to me like he had a choice to declare this Easter a trans day and decided to do so. The argument that he didn't do this is clearly false.

Offline Roundy

• View Profile
« Reply #1473 on: April 03, 2024, 12:32:48 AM »
He had a choice to declare Transgender Day of Visibility Transgender Day of Visibility. The fact that it occurred on Easter is a coincidence.

I have to say you usually seem to try to avoid it, Tom, but sometimes you really do read like a parody. It can be hilarious sometimes. At any rate it's literally impossible to take you seriously in this case, I hope you understand.

Offline Tom Bishop

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Flat Earth Believer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1474 on: April 03, 2024, 12:47:04 AM »
Joe Biden published it on the 29th. Easter was the 31st.

Is the argument here that he didn't know it was Easter and would have not published that had he known?

Is no one at the White House editing these proclamations?

The White House has a team of people. On the 28th they were planning Easter Egg hunts for Easter, so they clearly knew what day it was.

Online honk

• resident goose
    • View Profile
« Reply #1475 on: April 03, 2024, 01:03:36 AM »
On the 28th they were planning Easter Egg hunts for Easter, so they clearly knew what day it was.

All the more reason why the "Biden canceled Easter!" outrage is nonsense. Biden knew it was Easter, made an announcement for Easter, and held an event celebrating Easter at the White House. At this point, the only possible argument here seems to be that Biden shouldn't have announced the trans day because...Easter shouldn't have to share?
ur retartet but u donut even no it and i walnut tell u y

Offline Tom Bishop

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Flat Earth Believer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1476 on: April 03, 2024, 02:22:59 AM »
A presidential proclamation that Easter Day is the Trans Day is simply obvious far-left trolling, like with all of the I-am-Satan references Biden made during his campaign that we previously looked at.

Another hint of this trolling is that the White House didn't include the Transgender Day of Visibility on their Spanish feeds, despite them including other days.

https://dailycaller.com/2024/04/01/white-house-joe-biden-transgender-day-visibility-easter-spanish-twitter/

« Last Edit: April 03, 2024, 02:27:43 AM by Tom Bishop »

« Reply #1477 on: April 03, 2024, 02:34:03 AM »
what are you even complaining about
I have visited from prestigious research institutions of the highest caliber, to which only our administrator holds with confidence.

Offline Tom Bishop

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Flat Earth Believer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1478 on: April 03, 2024, 02:42:13 AM »
Even transgender rights activist Caitlyn Jenner says that Biden is trolling and misusing the day -

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1479 on: April 03, 2024, 06:26:57 AM »
Know what probably happened?  Automated messages.  Likely setup in advance to send out a pre-made message on that day every year Biden is in office.