Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
Re: Trump
« Reply #6080 on: August 14, 2020, 11:23:53 AM »
Its possible he doesn't understand because he really believes he never lied.

Then its confusing.
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6081 on: August 14, 2020, 11:28:42 AM »
If someone says you are lying, and you're not, isn't the natural response to state outright "I'm not lying" ?
That is also the natural response of anyone who is lying. You know, because they're lying.

This is why the "A-ha! That's exactly what a liar would say!" line of reasoning rarely works.
Read the FAQ before asking your question - chances are we already addressed it.
Follow the Flat Earth Society on Twitter and Facebook!

If we are not speculating then we must assume

Rama Set

« Reply #6082 on: August 14, 2020, 11:43:25 AM »
If someone says you are lying, and you're not, isn't the natural response to state outright "I'm not lying" ?
That is also the natural response of anyone who is lying. You know, because they're lying.

This is why the "A-ha! That's exactly what a liar would say!" line of reasoning rarely works.

I’ve been watching a lot of footage of people being interrogated and broken down by a psychologist and what you would expect from someone lying, it seems, is for them to give relatively elaborate rationalizations. Someone who isn’t lying would be expected to question their interrogator. “Why would you think that?” In a somewhat aggressive manner. Trump did neither, so it’s kinda inconclusive.

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6083 on: August 14, 2020, 01:06:13 PM »

I’ve been watching a lot of footage of people being interrogated and broken down by a psychologist and what you would expect from someone lying, it seems, is for them to give relatively elaborate rationalizations. Someone who isn’t lying would be expected to question their interrogator. “Why would you think that?” In a somewhat aggressive manner. Trump did neither, so it’s kinda inconclusive.

Eh.  I've seen that but also seen people get angry.  I think it depends on whose interrogating you and the consequences.
Like Trump is being interrogated by people beneith him and even if he was lying, he'd suffer no consequences legally.  There is no higher authority than Trump.
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6084 on: August 14, 2020, 02:27:10 PM »
https://www.cnn.com/2020/08/13/politics/trump-campaign-voter-fraud-lawsuit-pennsylvania

TLDR:
Trump's campaign is suing PA for allowing mail in voting.
Federal judge (that trump appointed) has asked for evidence if 'massive voter fraud' by Friday.

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile

Offline crutonius

• Just a regular guy. No funny business here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6086 on: August 18, 2020, 08:27:10 PM »
https://www.cnn.com/2020/08/13/politics/trump-campaign-voter-fraud-lawsuit-pennsylvania

TLDR:
Federal judge (that trump appointed) has asked for evidence if 'massive voter fraud' by Friday.

Easy enough.  https://www.thedailybeast.com/trump-chief-of-staff-mark-meadows-says-lack-of-evidence-of-mail-in-voting-fraud-is-the-definition-of-fraud

With logic like that I think he'd do quite well as the new Tom Bishop.

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6087 on: August 18, 2020, 09:46:53 PM »

TLDR:

Easy enough.  https://www.thedailybeast.com/trump-chief-of-staff-mark-meadows-says-lack-of-evidence-of-mail-in-voting-fraud-is-the-definition-of-fraud

With logic like that I think he'd do quite well as the new Tom Bishop.

Well, I'm convinced.
This must be how Trump won the election.  I mean, undetectable fraud must mean whoever won, won unfairly, yes?

Offline AATW

• View Profile
« Reply #6088 on: August 20, 2020, 03:11:47 PM »
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-53853297

Former Trump adviser Steve Bannon has been arrested and charged with fraud over a fundraising campaign to build a wall on the US-Mexico border.

Mr Bannon and three others defrauded hundreds of thousands of donors in connection with the "We Build the Wall" campaign, which raised $25m (£19m), the US Department of Justice (DoJ) said.

Mr Bannon received more than $1m, at least some of which he used to cover personal expenses, the DoJ said.

He is due to appear in court later.
Tom: "Claiming incredulity is a pretty bad argument. Calling it "insane" or "ridiculous" is not a good argument at all."

TFES Wiki Occam's Razor page, by Tom: "What's the simplest explanation; that NASA has successfully designed and invented never before seen rocket technologies from scratch which can accelerate 100 tons of matter to an escape velocity of 7 miles per second"

Offline honk

• resident goose
    • View Profile
« Reply #6089 on: August 20, 2020, 03:50:05 PM »
I knew that was a scam! I don't think I mentioned it on the forum, but I remember bringing it up on IRC when that crowdfunding campaign first became a thing and expressing my admiration at how easily Brian Kolfage was fleecing millions of dollars from gullible conservatives.
ur retartet but u donut even no it and i walnut tell u y

Offline JSS

• Math is math!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6090 on: August 20, 2020, 03:58:50 PM »
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-53853297

Former Trump adviser Steve Bannon has been arrested and charged with fraud over a fundraising campaign to build a wall on the US-Mexico border.

Mr Bannon and three others defrauded hundreds of thousands of donors in connection with the "We Build the Wall" campaign, which raised $25m (£19m), the US Department of Justice (DoJ) said.

Mr Bannon received more than $1m, at least some of which he used to cover personal expenses, the DoJ said.

He is due to appear in court later.

Trump pardon in three...

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6091 on: August 20, 2020, 04:56:27 PM »
Also, to add to the Trump flames of rage:

Offline Tom Bishop

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Flat Earth Believer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6092 on: August 20, 2020, 07:54:50 PM »
I doubt that will go anywhere. 1M out of 25M is only 4%. And the $1M was split among multiple people, over a period of years apparently. Even if it was claimed that 100% would go towards the wall, charities are still allowed to pay themselves.  It can be argued that those administrative costs are part of building the wall.

Other charities take much more. The 'Kids Wish Network' operates legally and only gives about 12% of what it brings in.

Offline JSS

• Math is math!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6093 on: August 20, 2020, 08:12:20 PM »
I doubt that will go anywhere. 1M out of 25M is only 4%. And the $1M was split among multiple people, over a period of years apparently. Even if it was claimed that 100% would go towards the wall, charities are still allowed to pay themselves.  It can be argued that those administrative costs are part of building the wall.

Other charities take much more. The 'Kids Wish Network' operates legally and only gives about 12% of what it brings in.

The 'Kids Wish Network' doesn't claim that 100% of their expenses go to their programs.  They didn't claim that one of their founders wouldn't get paid, then make sham invoices to pay them in secret.

The problem isn't that Steve Bannon and Brian Kolfage got paid, the problem is they promised that they wouldn't get paid, then sneakily did it any way.

The problem isn't that "only" 4% of the money went to people, it's that 4% wen't to people that they promised wouldn't get ANY. 

They can certainly argue those were administrative costs, they can tell the Judge that during their trial.

Offline Tom Bishop

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Flat Earth Believer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6094 on: August 20, 2020, 08:19:19 PM »
he 'Kids Wish Network' doesn't claim that 100% of their expenses go to their programs.  They didn't claim that one of their founders wouldn't get paid, then make sham invoices to pay them in secret.

The problem isn't that Steve Bannon and Brian Kolfage got paid, the problem is they promised that they wouldn't get paid, then sneakily did it any way.

Steve Bannon did more than just sit in a room for four years - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steve_Bannon#Political_career

Any political activities they did could be construed as promoting the agenda for the Wall. It's not really a clear cut case of fraud.

Offline JSS

• Math is math!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6095 on: August 20, 2020, 08:30:56 PM »
he 'Kids Wish Network' doesn't claim that 100% of their expenses go to their programs.  They didn't claim that one of their founders wouldn't get paid, then make sham invoices to pay them in secret.

Steve Bannon did more than just sit in a room for four years - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steve_Bannon#Political_career

Any political activities they did could be construed as promoting the agenda for the Wall. It's not really a clear cut case of fraud.

He can promote it all he wanted, but if he paid himself after promising donors he would be unpaid, that's fraud.

We can argue all day, but the trial will be what decides it, not us.

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6096 on: August 20, 2020, 09:37:24 PM »
Also, did they report the extra income on their taxes?  If not, thats tax fraud.

Offline Tumeni

• View Profile
« Reply #6097 on: August 22, 2020, 08:19:27 AM »
Tangential to POTUS, but there's reports of one of the funeral guests from Robert Trump's funeral yesterday assaulting a server/waiter in a local restaurant because they were unhappy with the social distancing rules. According to witnesses, some of the group were still carrying their funeral programmes.

=============================
Not Flat. Happy to prove this, if you ask me.
=============================

Nearly all flat earthers agree the earth is not a globe.

Nearly?

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6098 on: August 22, 2020, 04:48:02 PM »
Shadow Immigration System: Migrant Children Detained In Hotels By Private Contractors https://www.npr.org/2020/08/20/904027735/shadow-immigration-system-migrant-children-detained-in-hotels-by-private-contrac?sc=18&f=904027735

That is some high level gastapo shit right there.

Offline Roundy

• Abdicator of the Zetetic Council
    • View Profile
« Reply #6099 on: August 25, 2020, 09:36:52 AM »
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/sen-graham-powerful-trump-ally-in-trouble-with-reelection-in-south-carolina

Hahahaha

Apparently, according to Fox News, Lindsey Graham has been forced into a tight race in a staunchly Republican stronghold because he made the "pragmatic" (their word) choice of backing a "race-baiting, xenophobic, religious bigot" (Graham's words, describing Trump, as quoted in this article).

How "pragmatic" will that decision actually look if we really see him, Susan Collins, and other fake moderates who have tried to have it both ways with Trump lose in a blue wave?

Hahahaha
Dr. Frank is a physicist. He says it's impossible. So it's impossible.
My friends, please remember Tom said this the next time you fall into the trap of engaging him, and thank you. :)