Can any flat earthers explain the foucault pendulum/cyclone/tornado effect causes these to rotate in different directions in different hemispheres.

Turns out tornados and cyclone spin one way in the north and the opposite in the south

Water flushing opposite too.

Offline 3DGeek

• Path of photon from sun location to eye at sunset?
    • View Profile
    • What path do the photons take from the physical location of the sun to my eye at sunset
Can any flat earthers explain the foucault pendulum/cyclone/tornado effect causes these to rotate in different directions in different hemispheres.

Turns out tornados and cyclone spin one way in the north and the opposite in the south

Water flushing opposite too.

Your heart is in the right place - but you have a few things wrong.

The "coriolis force" (or, more accurately, the "coriolis effect") is negligible at small scales - so the "water flushing" thing is an urban legend...it's not true...and tornadoes don't always spin the same way either.

However, it does explain why hurricanes and typhoons spin consistently the same way - and in opposite directions in the two hemispheres.   It also explains why these storms can't cross the equator and never start off at the equator.

It's also an effect known in a few other effects.   Snipers who shoot with precision over distances measured in miles and long distance precision artillery has to take the coriolis effect into account.

Coriolis can't exist in a flat earth...it's a DIRECT consequence of the fact that (a) the Earth spins and (b) that it's roughly spherical.

Flat Earthers have no way to explain this adequately.  Both things are very crappily explained in the Wiki...these are some of the weakest arguments I've seen from the FE community.

The Focault pendulum does indeed rotate in the opposite direction in the Northern and Southern hemispheres - and it's another effect that "goes away" at the equator.

The reason Focault pendulums work is kinda like coriolis...they depend on the fact that the Earth rotates - but not that it's spherical.
Hey Tom:  What path do the photons take from the physical location of the sun to my eye at sunset?