Re: Star Citizen
« Reply #100 on: October 11, 2015, 11:08:01 PM »
$15,000 is a microtransaction? Not to me it isn't. It's a majortransaction. Imagine explaining that to the wife or girlfriend. Yeah, sorry, we can't do those 4 cruises we wanted. I bought a digital ship. Nah, that new car would of been quite useful, but I got a digital ship instead. The deposit for the house? Nah, I bought a kick ass digital ship instead. Jack and the beanstalk is taught to all children, and yet there are still morons who didn't get the moral of the story.

Not everyone has the same budget.  Some people are rich.
I have visited from prestigious research institutions of the highest caliber, to which only our administrator holds with confidence.

Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: October 12, 2015, 03:12:06 AM »
This is footage of the singleplayer campaign (in very ultra early development). Most of the characters aren't lipsynced properly or have weird facial animations, clip into things, etc. still interesting.

Saddam Hussein

« Reply #102 on: October 12, 2015, 03:31:49 AM »
It was.

Of course it was.

Jack and the beanstalk is taught to all children, and yet there are still morons who didn't get the moral of the story.

Did that story even have a moral?

On-topic, the game looks awful.  And the guy who was playing it did a terrible job.

Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: October 26, 2015, 01:35:00 PM »

Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: October 30, 2015, 12:56:25 AM »
https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/15031-Star-Citizen-Alpha-20-Flight-Model-Changes

https://player.vimeo.com/video/143803540

Pretty interesting article and video. The video is 16 minutes and the article probably takes just as much time to read. Neither will be interesting unless you are a top level space game nerd.

Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: November 29, 2015, 04:17:50 PM »

It's the best video I could find that shows off the aspects of the game in a relatively short timeframe.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2015, 04:21:58 PM by Rushy »

Offline Ghost Spaghetti

• Don't look in that mirror. It's absolutely furious
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: November 30, 2015, 01:39:08 PM »
It was.

Of course it was.

Jack and the beanstalk is taught to all children, and yet there are still morons who didn't get the moral of the story.

Did that story even have a moral?

Don't fuck with Englishmen.

Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: December 17, 2015, 02:01:06 AM »

Freeform landings!
« Last Edit: December 17, 2015, 02:10:24 AM by Rushy »

Offline Fortuna

• View Profile
« Reply #108 on: December 17, 2015, 02:37:08 AM »
That's actually really impressive.

Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: August 08, 2016, 12:43:15 AM »
Star citizen sucked?

It does right now at least. Piloting a ship feels like stirring a stick around in thick mud, laser shots have no impact feeling, super glitchy, nowhere to go really. I know it isn't finished, but there are some core mechanics they'll have to improve on for it to be good.

Piloting a ship feels like stirring a stick around in thick mud

This greatly depends on the ship you're actually flying.

laser shots have no impact feeling

...it's a laser. What do you mean by "impact feeling"?

super glitchy, nowhere to go really.

I can't argue with this.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2016, 12:45:26 AM by Rushy »

Offline Shane

• If you will it, it is no dream
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: August 18, 2016, 06:41:03 AM »
Scam Shitizen
Quote from: Rushy
How do you know you weren't literally given metaphorical wings?

Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: August 18, 2016, 12:28:17 PM »
There will supposedly be a major Scam Shitizen presentation near Gamescom tomorrow. Hopefully something other than a new ship.

Offline Fortuna

• View Profile
« Reply #112 on: August 19, 2016, 09:04:49 PM »
I just watched the Gamescom stream. They need to incorporate the NMS engine in this game, and add a Destiny narrative. Then it would be GOAT. As it stands, the game still seems kind of empty. Like you go to an empty moon and kill two space pirates and you get a box. That seems fairly boring, but we'll see how the final game is (if it ever comes out). I probably still play it just because it's impossible for me to ignore sci-fi games, but I just hope they improve on the gameplay feeling and add a shitload of more content.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2016, 09:07:27 PM by Hollocron »

George

« Reply #113 on: August 19, 2016, 09:11:18 PM »
A Destiny narrative?  Something like this?

That would be a big improvement.

Offline Fortuna

• View Profile
« Reply #114 on: August 19, 2016, 09:15:58 PM »
A Destiny narrative?  Something like this?

That would be a big improvement.

No. The shitloads of narrative in the grimoire cards.

Edit by Rushy: I removed a double-post of the YouTube link that George posted.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2016, 12:02:45 AM by Rushy »

Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: August 19, 2016, 10:44:39 PM »
https://www.twitch.tv/starcitizen/v/84518331

Actual presentation starts around 1:26:00. The gameplay presentation starts at around 2:01:00 if you want to skip to that.

They show off the planetary tech, running around on a planet, planetary first-person combat, among some other things. Looking very good.

I just watched the Gamescom stream. They need to incorporate the NMS engine in this game, and add a Destiny narrative. Then it would be GOAT. As it stands, the game still seems kind of empty. Like you go to an empty moon and kill two space pirates and you get a box. That seems fairly boring, but we'll see how the final game is (if it ever comes out). I probably still play it just because it's impossible for me to ignore sci-fi games, but I just hope they improve on the gameplay feeling and add a shitload of more content.

You'll get plenty of story and lore lore lore in the single player campaign. The quests in the MMO game right now are fully voiced, but pretty short. I guess the Covalex Shipping Hub quest is something more like what you want to see, right?

Edit: added full 3.0 gameplay demo video. Keep in mind the time from when the player gets out of the bed to until he enters a planet's atmosphere is already in the game. Getting into a Freelancer and flying around shooting at pirates and doing space-quests isn't new.

« Last Edit: August 20, 2016, 01:41:21 PM by Rushy »

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: August 22, 2016, 09:06:33 PM »
Gotta say, pretty damn good looking.
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: October 10, 2016, 11:03:14 PM »
New planet weather, some new exploration gameplay, etc.

I suggest starting the video at 1:25:00. For whatever reason, the FES' video embedding ignores start times.

Offline xasop

• Administrator
  • Professional computer somebody
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: October 24, 2016, 03:50:12 AM »
So I bought this game. I have nothing to install it on yet, but I have bought it, since Rushy mentioned the price will go up later.

Once I've moved all my important shit across to my new laptop, I intend to install Windows on this computer and give it a spin. The graphics card might be a bit of a letdown, but at least then I'll know if I like the game and if it's worth spending money on better hardware.

For whatever reason, the FES' video embedding ignores start times.

I'll see about fixing that when I have a moment.
when you try to mock anyone while also running the flat earth society. Lol

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: October 24, 2016, 12:47:13 PM »
It's free on Steam until the end of October.

I'd download it but my system can't handle Planetside 2.  It'll die horribly at this thing.
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.