Nick428

Density
« on: April 07, 2019, 10:57:46 PM »
There are two popular beliefs in the flat earth community - universal acceleration and density. In this post I'll be talking about density.

How can objects accelerate to the ground when density is not a force? You would need a force to accelerate a mass.

Also, is there an equation that can calculate how fast an object falls to the surface based off of its densities and the drag around it?

Thanks.

Offline QED

• As mad as a hatter.
    • View Profile
Re: Density
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2019, 02:30:40 AM »
There are two popular beliefs in the flat earth community - universal acceleration and density. In this post I'll be talking about density.

How can objects accelerate to the ground when density is not a force? You would need a force to accelerate a mass.

Also, is there an equation that can calculate how fast an object falls to the surface based off of its densities and the drag around it?

Thanks.

Now Nick, stop grinding my gears here Nick. We’ve been over this already. You know there ain’t no cotton-picking thing as a “density-force.” That don’t exist there Nick. Stop roping me in ya bastard.

Ahhhh, dammit, ya got me.

Nicholas, density is the measure of something over some dimension. So there volume mass density, which is what most folks mean when they say density.

Volume mass density is equal to mass divided by volume.

There is also lots of other kinds of densities. Theee is surface mass density, linear mass density, volume charge density, heck, even number density.

Example: what is the number density of annoying-assed ijits currently on this thread? That would be an ijit number density of 1 ijit per this thread.

It is so annoying how my phone autocorrects “ijit” all the time.
The fact.that it's an old equation without good.demonstration of the underlying mechamism behind it makes.it more invalid, not more valid!

- Tom Bishop

We try to represent FET in a model-agnostic way

- Pete Svarrior

Nick428

« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2019, 03:11:02 AM »

Thanks.

Now Nick, stop grinding my gears here Nick. We’ve been over this already. You know there ain’t no cotton-picking thing as a “density-force.” That don’t exist there Nick. Stop roping me in ya bastard.

Nicholas, density is the measure of something over some dimension. So there volume mass density, which is what most folks mean when they say density.

There is also lots of other kinds of densities. Theee is surface mass density, linear mass density, volume charge density, heck, even number density.

Example: what is the number density of annoying-assed ijits currently on this thread? That would be an ijit number density of 1 ijit per this thread.

I know that. What I'm asking for is an equation that can calculate how fast an object drops based off of its density. I know what density is, tha'ts not what I'm asking.

Offline QED

• As mad as a hatter.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2019, 04:27:44 AM »

Thanks.

I know that. What I'm asking for is an equation that can calculate how fast an object drops based off of its density. I know what density is, tha'ts not what I'm asking.

How fast, like, it’s acceleration?

Okay.

Acceleration=(density_obj - density_air)*(V/m)*g,

Where g is local gravity, and V is objects volume. M is object mass. I have implicitly defined downwards as positive direction.

Most objects are much denser than air, in which case the above formula will reduce to acceleration=g.

The fact.that it's an old equation without good.demonstration of the underlying mechamism behind it makes.it more invalid, not more valid!

- Tom Bishop

We try to represent FET in a model-agnostic way

- Pete Svarrior