question about the suns vanishing point.
« on: January 14, 2016, 02:06:47 AM »

question about the suns vanishing point.

« on: Today at 09:47:05 AM »

Modify

Remove

Hi, I'm new here. I have been using the "other" flat earth forum but don't seem to get my questions answered. I was told the more knowledgeable flat earthers come here to post so hopefully I can get some help understanding stuff about your ideas.

I got a question about the flat earth sun set. possibly I'm just not understanding a part of it. I'm sure its been discussed but I don't want to sift through piles of forum posts.

In the flat earth idea, the sun sets, because the sun gets far enough away that it goes out of sight. is that accurate?

When I stand at ground level on a beach and the sun sets it goes out of sight meaning it is X distance away which is the distance required for a bright object like the sun to go out of sight (in the flat earth model). I then go into a high rise and can see the sun again but I'm still the same distance away from it where it should no longer be visable. How is this occurring?
like I said I'm probably just missing something in the flat earth sun set model.
You do not have to attack me, I'm never trying to be rude or insensitive. If it seems that way its a mistake please correct me politely.

Re: question about the suns vanishing point.
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2016, 03:42:12 AM »
In the flat earth idea, the sun sets, because the sun gets far enough away that it goes out of sight. is that accurate?
Yes, it is that simple. 
There is more to it.  Light does not travel forever in our air.  It eventually fades.  1 cloud can totally obscure the sun's rays.  Add 2 or more clouds and you are under a giant parasol. 

When I stand at ground level on a beach and the sun sets it goes out of sight meaning it is X distance away which is the distance required for a bright object like the sun to go out of sight (in the flat earth model). I then go into a high rise and can see the sun again but I'm still the same distance away from it where it should no longer be visable. How is this occurring?
That difference in height is enough.  The sun is closer than you think. 
watch?v=xhcVJcINzn8

« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2016, 05:17:55 AM »
Thanks for the clear and polite answer. I'm used to the other site where I would have been called a troll just for asking.

Your answer brings up two more questions for me. By what you're discribing the sun gets far enough away that the light is blocked out by air/dust ect. And that is why we don't see it any more. Am I understanding this correctly again?

My questions are this. Should the sun not be brightest while directly over head and get measurably dimmer on either side of its path over head. What keeps it shinning the same magnitude of brightness up until sun set and rise?

My next question is about the size of the sun. I decided to view the sun, through a sheet of Mylar that I have, several times throughout the day and it remained the exact same size from sun set to sun rise. What causes this to happen?
« Last Edit: January 14, 2016, 03:47:15 PM by mbecks »
You do not have to attack me, I'm never trying to be rude or insensitive. If it seems that way its a mistake please correct me politely.

« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2016, 01:50:17 AM »
never mind, I used the wiki and found my answers. this site is well organized.

« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2016, 05:59:22 AM »
Your answer brings up two more questions for me. By what you're discribing the sun gets far enough away that the light is blocked out by air/dust ect. And that is why we don't see it any more. Am I understanding this correctly again?
Correct but there is more. 

I believe the sun's rays gradually die out.  Just like the ripples on a beach will eventually die out to still water, the sun's rays eventually die out.  Even if there were no clouds or dust, I believe you would still get a similar experience.  Light does not travel forever. 

Also, the size of your eye and the receptors on your retina make a difference. 

My questions are this. Should the sun not be brightest while directly over head and get measurably dimmer on either side of its path over head.
Yes. 

What keeps it shinning the same magnitude of brightness up until sun set and rise?
That is the million dollar question --- much more interesting than the true form of the earth, in my opinion. 

The sun is a focal point of energy shining back down from the dome.  The dome is effectively a parabolic mirror.  Lots of folks believe that the earth is the source of our world's energy.  In other words, the sun's rays are a product of the earth's energy shining up into the dome and then back down, focussed into what we perceive to the the sun.  Folks say that the North Pole is the source of the energy.  I am not sure that matters. 

My next question is about the size of the sun. I decided to view the sun, through a sheet of Mylar that I have, several times throughout the day and it remained the exact same size from sun set to sun rise. What causes this to happen?
The size of your eye ball. 
watch?v=xhcVJcINzn8

« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2016, 12:37:39 PM »

The size of your eye ball.

Does that mean his eyeball gets bigger the further way the sun is?

« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2016, 02:19:18 AM »
If your eyeball was the size of that of a squid, your retina would capture more information than if your eyeball was the size of that of a mouse or a fly. 

Does that mean his eyeball gets bigger the further way the sun is?
No. 
watch?v=xhcVJcINzn8

Offline JRowe

• Slowly being driven insane by RE nonsense
    • View Profile
    • Dual Earth Theory
« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2016, 05:23:06 PM »
There is only a problem is you suppose the Sun to follow the same rules and path of the RE model. Then again, if you do that you're hardly getting a fair assessment of FET.
My DE model explained here.
Open to questions, but if you're curious start there rather than expecting me to explain it all from scratch every time.

« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2016, 04:27:17 AM »
The size of your eye and the receptors on your retina make a difference in how you perceive light
watch?v=xhcVJcINzn8

« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2016, 06:20:34 PM »
First of all, I find it charming how you think that flat earthers are knowledgeable. Thats really cute. But its beside the point. If the sun behaved in the way that is explained in the Wiki, in the way you people believe it does, there would never be night. Ever. If you continue to read, please pay attention now, because this is the explanation. Light is a form of radiation, emitted as a photon, a speeding, mass-less particle that bounces off of any surface, whether the surface is a wall or an atom. If the earth were flat, there would be no sunset, even if the sun is a "spotlight" as you claim it to be. When light is emitted, it bounces off of anything; liquids, solids and gasses all reflect light, which our eyes perceive as color. Imagine holding a powerful flashlight and pointing it to the floor. If you do this, you will be able to see the beam, while the entire room lights up because the light is reflected by the air molecules into the surrounding space. The same thing would happen with the earth if it was flat. The light from the sun would bounce off of air molecules and light up every other place on earth.

« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2016, 06:26:03 PM »
If your eyeball was the size of that of a squid, your retina would capture more information than if your eyeball was the size of that of a mouse or a fly. 

The size of the eyes has nothing to do with the amount of information that it can capture, rather, the kind of receptors inside the eye and the capacity of the brain to interpret different forms of light