Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
Re: Build Wall
« Reply #20 on: January 09, 2019, 06:21:10 PM »
Typical libtard approach viewing this as a racial issue.

Its refreshing to see a properly named Trump supporter.
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 09, 2019, 08:30:31 PM »

It's a poor way to phrase it but the core of his post is correct. Modern Democrats have a huge problem with constantly invoking racial strawmen arguments with claims like "u jus don't like brown people lol" instead of addressing any actual concerns. Republicans do something similar, usually involving religion. When practical arguments fail, people generally fall back to moral ones. Since protecting the border is a very practical response, the only argument against it is a moral one, usually "you're just a racist" or "those people need our help!". This is similar to how Republicans respond to abortion (a practical solution) with "murder bad!" (a moral claim). Generally speaking, the person making the moral argument is the one with a weaker stance.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2019, 08:34:34 PM by Rushy »

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 09, 2019, 09:05:31 PM »

It's a poor way to phrase it but the core of his post is correct. Modern Democrats have a huge problem with constantly invoking racial strawmen arguments with claims like "u jus don't like brown people lol" instead of addressing any actual concerns. Republicans do something similar, usually involving religion. When practical arguments fail, people generally fall back to moral ones. Since protecting the border is a very practical response, the only argument against it is a moral one, usually "you're just a racist" or "those people need our help!". This is similar to how Republicans respond to abortion (a practical solution) with "murder bad!" (a moral claim). Generally speaking, the person making the moral argument is the one with a weaker stance.

Yes and calling liberals "libtards" is pretty spot on for a Trump supporter on the internet. 

Honestly, I agree with you.  The racism card rarely applies.  Not as its presented anyway.  Argumentd just boil down to sweeping generalisations.  "Gun owners are crazy" "Mexicans are lazy job stealers" etc... but his posts seem to be more troll than argument.  A lacky of Trump rather than a free thinking Republican.  Hence my comment.

If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

« Reply #23 on: January 10, 2019, 12:21:10 AM »
Building a wall isn't a practical solution. It's a non-solution for a non-existent problem.

I'll not even touch the whole "colorblind" shtick you're trying for. If you want to pretend there's no racist or xenophobic elements embedded in this topic I have no desire to dig your head out of the ground.
You don't think I'm going to post here sober, do you?  ???

I have embraced my Benny Franko side. I'm sleazy.

Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 10, 2019, 03:34:01 AM »
Building a wall isn't a practical solution. It's a non-solution for a non-existent problem.

It's the only solution that stops foot traffic aside from something like a minefield or a trench. One of those things would cause an international crisis and the other is just plain silly. We could always take the Israeli route, since they found out shooting on sight does wonders for deterring border jumpers. You also need to think about the future. What happens if climate change really does cause Central America to collapse into chaos? We're going to need a lot more than just a wall, but saying the wall won't help at all is nonsense. It's a practical solution and has been throughout human history. Walls aren't 100% effective, but they're not 0% effective.

I'll not even touch the whole "colorblind" shtick you're trying for. If you want to pretend there's no racist or xenophobic elements embedded in this topic I have no desire to dig your head out of the ground.

This is exactly the problem. You've become convinced it's a race issue because some subset of people might actually have that belief. That is pointless generalization and honestly I thought someone like you wouldn't seriously believe it applies widely to the entire problem. It's a childish oversimplification. It's the equivalent of me saying that anyone against the wall is simply a drug addict that is scared their supplies might get interrupted, which would probably describe a lot of the people against it. Maybe everyone against the wall really is trying to import voters, or maybe they're all people who are avid sex traffickers. Does that make these a valid argument? No, because I think the issue a lot more complicated than just one subset of people with irrational beliefs.

The people on the left saying "muh evil brown people" are just as bad as the right saying "muh white genocide". It's a phenomenon that doesn't really exist outside the internet and the media's desert of the real.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2019, 03:39:43 AM by Rushy »

« Reply #25 on: January 10, 2019, 04:14:05 AM »
A lot of the people coming through are economic migrants.

Make it simply impossible to get any form of employment, money, housing or schooling, healthcare without being a verified legal citizen. Why would someone seeking a better life from Central America want to go to America if they could never get employment, buy/rent a house, send their kids to school etc. The economics would no longer be worth it. Take the sugar off the table!

Businesses or landlords that engage in exploiting illegals should face penalties so steep it would never be worth it.

This also has the added benefit of deterring illegal visa over stayers which is apparently more people than those crossing the border on foot.

Maybe you guys have that and it doesn't work? Or maybe you will be adopting that kind of system? Regardless, the wall essentially was mandated by the people when Trump won office.

To me the idea of the wall would give a false sense of security. It would have to be higher than any ladder or rope, have to be deeper than any tunnel could be dug. Almost everyone other than Trump and his xenophobic base seems to think it would be useless as far was border security goes. It only presents one entirely surmountable obstacle to a desperate asylum seeker economic migrant

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 10, 2019, 05:40:35 AM »
The Chinese built a great wall.  It was't helpful.

Walls are fine in areas of high foot traffic and easy crossing.  But the majority of the southern border is a death trap.  And anyone who gets through is not economically going to cost America more than building and maintaining a wall in areas of extremely difficult traffic.  I mean, how do you get building equipment and materials in some of these areas?  You'd have to level the land and make it easy to get through just to build a wall.

That's not even adding to the need of patrolling the additional sections.

Look, most illegals cross either legally or near major cities.  Focus on that as well as "why" they come and you'll get more bang for your buck.

totallackey

« Reply #27 on: January 10, 2019, 11:19:19 AM »

Yes and calling liberals "libtards" is pretty spot on for a Trump supporter on the internet. 

Honestly, I agree with you.  The racism card rarely applies.  Not as its presented anyway.  Argumentd just boil down to sweeping generalisations.  "Gun owners are crazy" "Mexicans are lazy job stealers" etc... but his posts seem to be more troll than argument.  A lacky of Trump rather than a free thinking Republican.  Hence my comment.
I am a lackey for honesty wherever it presents itself.

If that happens to be Trump then tough tiddles for you I guess.

totallackey

« Reply #28 on: January 10, 2019, 11:23:56 AM »
Why should anyone believe your opinion?

I doubt you even live in the US.

Real life Border Patrol agents, feet on the ground, actually doing the work, clearly state otherwise.

Facts are human trafficking, illegal drug trafficking,as well as sexual abuse and child abuse, are all associated with illegal immigration.

Sounds like an existent problem to me.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2019, 12:52:08 PM by totallackey »

totallackey

« Reply #29 on: January 10, 2019, 11:27:15 AM »
A lot of the people coming through are economic migrants.

Make it simply impossible to get any form of employment, money, housing or schooling, healthcare without being a verified legal citizen. Why would someone seeking a better life from Central America want to go to America if they could never get employment, buy/rent a house, send their kids to school etc. The economics would no longer be worth it. Take the sugar off the table!

Businesses or landlords that engage in exploiting illegals should face penalties so steep it would never be worth it.

This also has the added benefit of deterring illegal visa over stayers which is apparently more people than those crossing the border on foot.

Maybe you guys have that and it doesn't work? Or maybe you will be adopting that kind of system? Regardless, the wall essentially was mandated by the people when Trump won office.

To me the idea of the wall would give a false sense of security. It would have to be higher than any ladder or rope, have to be deeper than any tunnel could be dug. Almost everyone other than Trump and his xenophobic base seems to think it would be useless as far was border security goes. It only presents one entirely surmountable obstacle to a desperate asylum seeker economic migrant
Every politician uttering, "walls don't work," or, "walls are immoral," does so behind the safety of a wall, plus armed security.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2019, 12:50:26 PM by totallackey »

totallackey

« Reply #30 on: January 10, 2019, 11:33:47 AM »
The Chinese built a great wall.  It was't helpful.
Yeah, there sure are a tremendous number of non-natives living in China...[/sarcasm]
Walls are fine in areas of high foot traffic and easy crossing.  But the majority of the southern border is a death trap.  And anyone who gets through is not economically going to cost America more than building and maintaining a wall in areas of extremely difficult traffic.  I mean, how do you get building equipment and materials in some of these areas?  You'd have to level the land and make it easy to get through just to build a wall.
Yeah, those Chinese...they leveled all that land thousands of years ago for that wall they built through the valleys and mountains...[/sarcasm]
That's not even adding to the need of patrolling the additional sections.
The money being asked for would add more patrols and new equipment.
Look, most illegals cross either legally or near major cities.
That is just laughable...how can one illegally cross and at the same time legally cross... 
Focus on that as well as "why" they come and you'll get more bang for your buck.
The reasons why are already known.

You need to focus on maintaining clarity of thought prior to posting.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2019, 12:49:44 PM by totallackey »

totallackey

« Reply #31 on: January 10, 2019, 01:30:14 PM »
Bottom line is this...

Trump stated he would work to build a wall. He has held firm on this commitment. He never said it would put a complete end to illegal drugs or human trafficking/illegal immigration. Only libtards are making that an issue.

WALLS WORK in CURTAILING illicit/illegal movement and property.

I work in a prison and I know this to be a fact!

It has nothing to do with whether you are white, brown, yellow, black, purple, smart, dumb, mouth breathing, nose breathing, blue eyed, brown eyed, green eyed, etc...

Most of you commenting on this issue have zero real life experience in dealing with illegal immigration or controlling illegal property/contraband.

Further, most of you commenting do not even live in the US.

Zeroes as far legitimate opinions on what would or would not work in the US.

100 percent credibility when it comes to expressing what constitutes SJW butthurt.

Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 10, 2019, 06:23:50 PM »
Look, most illegals cross either legally or near major cities.  Focus on that as well as "why" they come and you'll get more bang for your buck.

Read that sentence again. "Most illegals cross legally" haha, what? If you're referring to visa overstays, that's not a crime. Overstaying a visa after legally gaining entry to the country does not make you an illegal alien. That narrative was started to purposefully confuse people about the issues at hand. There's a huge difference between a border hopper and someone who was vetted and received a visa, then just never left. A visa overstay is a civil offense, nothing more.

totallackey

« Reply #33 on: January 11, 2019, 11:22:44 AM »
Jim Acosta clearly demonstrates via LIVE, ON THE SCENE, TOP NOTCH, REPORTING, WALLS WORK!

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/jim-acosta-shows-walls-work-at-border-gop-politicians-tease

Rama Set

« Reply #34 on: January 11, 2019, 12:15:22 PM »
Jim Acosta clearly demonstrates via LIVE, ON THE SCENE, TOP NOTCH, REPORTING, WALLS WORK!

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/jim-acosta-shows-walls-work-at-border-gop-politicians-tease

The very state of American politics.

totallackey

« Reply #35 on: January 11, 2019, 01:11:13 PM »

The very state of American politics.
Yes, our beloved leader is bringing REAL TRANSPARENCY to government and his own enemies ARE LEADING THE WAY!!!

GOD BLESS OUR BELOVED LEADER!!!
« Last Edit: January 11, 2019, 01:43:34 PM by totallackey »

Offline Cain

• This is the line of division.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 11, 2019, 02:52:54 PM »
>trump administration
>transparent

You just made my list, buddy.  >:(
this world does not have room for another mind as intelligent as yours.

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 12, 2019, 09:40:49 AM »

Read that sentence again. "Most illegals cross legally" haha, what? If you're referring to visa overstays, that's not a crime. Overstaying a visa after legally gaining entry to the country does not make you an illegal alien. That narrative was started to purposefully confuse people about the issues at hand. There's a huge difference between a border hopper and someone who was vetted and received a visa, then just never left. A visa overstay is a civil offense, nothing more.

I was, actually.  I figured they were criminals and illegal aliens by the system.  If we cancel those people out, how many illegals do we have?

Offline honk

• resident goose
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 12, 2019, 02:22:43 PM »
https://www.businessinsider.com/gofundme-refunding-donations-build-the-wall-fundraiser-2019-1

Take the money and run, Brian. Don't let your dreams be memes.
ur retartet but u donut even no it and i walnut tell u y

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 12, 2019, 02:40:51 PM »
https://www.businessinsider.com/gofundme-refunding-donations-build-the-wall-fundraiser-2019-1

Take the money and run, Brian. Don't let your dreams be memes.

No.  He needs it in a non-profit.  Taxes.  He'd have to pay tax on $1 billion.