Here comes more of the same.. sorry
« on: June 28, 2019, 03:18:13 AM »
Here it comes everyone, another noob asking questions! First of all I’d like to say; hello! I hope everyone is well and willing to afford some levity as I am both interested and skeptical, but not interested in offending or arguing. I think that beliefs are personal things and a wonderful gift that no one can take away from another, to that end I am in the process of choosing what to believe. I have been pouring over the wiki, the forums, all the things, but have a couple of hang ups that are probably easier for me to comprehend with help from people who have done the research so to speak, rather than searching endlessly. I know these things have been talked about before and apologize for asking you to go through them again, but I’m a direct guy who likes direct answers.

My first question is in relation to celestial bodies and the UA (model?). Without much science education beyond college astronomy, it seems like this theory is stating that all celestial bodies are moving upwards due to whichever force you like. It also seems like this theory puts earth as the universal “center” but I might be misinterpreting that bit. So the actual question(s)..
are there celestial bodies below the earth? If all celestial bodies are moving upward, why do comets and similar phenomena move towards the earth or other celestial bodies? (I.e. craters on any observable celestial body seem to indicate that not everything is moving upwards)
I have been trying to find an image of the flat earths profile, one describing the layers, in order to see what’s going on beneath the surface. Is there a central disc, or core-like component to a flat earth? If so does this component extend to the edges of the earth or would it be possible to drill all the way through near the edges?
How does the UA theory explain spherical formations within the earth’s atmosphere such as raindrops, organic processes, or even the atmosphere itself really? (I can visualize a bubble on a tabletop for the atmosphere, but the bubble would have a flat bottom and a rounded top, so where is the bottom of our bubble.) wouldn’t constant upward acceleration pass the tension threshold of such a thin layer of gasses?
Similarly, how would ultralight gasses move upward against the force of UA?
I have loads more questions but I feel like at this point I’m going to come across in the wrong light if I continue. I hope that my sincerity can be felt and that no one takes offense at my lack of information. Being the hot topic that it is I wish to emphasize that my interest is in learning, not in annoying the learned.
I appreciate being able to post these questions and look forward to hearing from the community!

Re: Here comes more of the same.. sorry
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2019, 04:42:47 AM »
Welcome. I'm not a FE, but I can answer your purely science based questions.
How does the UA theory explain spherical formations within the earth’s atmosphere such as raindrops, organic processes, or even the atmosphere itself really? (I can visualize a bubble on a tabletop for the atmosphere, but the bubble would have a flat bottom and a rounded top, so where is the bottom of our bubble.) wouldn’t constant upward acceleration pass the tension threshold of such a thin layer of gasses?
UA manifests itself as (virtually) identical to Newtonian gravity. That is Einstein's equivalence principle. If a raindrop would form a sphere under Newtonian gravity, it would do the same under UA.
More detail... Under UA, the Earth (the ground - not the air) is being accelerated upwards. The raindrops are in the air - just sitting there, floating in a zero-g environment. The raindrops are pulled into a spherical shape by surface tension, and there is no force pulling them down, so they just chill there. But then up comes the Earth - zooming up to catch the raindrops.

That's the raindrops. For the bubble of atmosphere, I'll defer to the FEs to answer.

Similarly, how would ultralight gasses move upward against the force of UA?
Like I said above, Einstein's equivalence principle says that UA and gravity should act the same. As you mentioned above, something is holding the atmosphere onto the Earth. I'm not sure what that is, but while we wait for an answer to that, let's imagine a big glass dome. The dome is shoved upwards either along with the Earth or by the Earth. The air is shoved upwards by the Earth. This creates a huge air cavity inside a container that is being shoved upwards at 9.8 m/s^2. This air is being shoved upwards by the Earth, and it has inertia. The denser gasses have more inertia than the light gasses, so the denser gasses are shoved to the bottom forcing the lighter gasses upwards. To see this effect in a practical demonstration, I suggest this video from SmarterEveryDay:

Re: Here comes more of the same.. sorry
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2019, 06:16:22 AM »
@icansiencethat thank you for responding! I found your information helpful! I’m a little surprised, and a little not, that no one else had anything to say but I guess even that helps me realize something. I do have a couple things to ask but seeing as you aren’t a FE I’m sure you’ll be able to enjoy the moment with me and not take any offense. (Please don’t take offense I’m just feeling a bit cheeky today)

I’ll start with rain”drops”. You stated that the rain drops aren’t being pulled but rather floating in zero-g, but how can zero-g exist if g itself doesn’t exist? You also stated that the spherical shape is the result of surface tension pulling at the water, but how can something pull at the water at all, wouldn’t that also suggest gravity? My knowledge of how rain forms is rudimentary at best, and based on a spherical earth, but my understanding is that rain leaves the clouds when it becomes more dense than the surrounding space, in order for that process to happen something has to force the rain out right? I could possibly buy that the acceleration of the earth would push things downward but it seems like you are saying that instead the ground is being pushed up into them yet these droplets of water can be observed in a tear shape, suggestion that they are indeed falling.. again this is a lack of information on my behalf and neither malicious or intentionally disrespectful, just good ole curiosity!

Anyway, thanks again for responding to me. I am convinced the earth is a sphere that orbits our lovely star. While I would greatly enjoy hearing more about how a flat earth could be possible, a requisite for serious consideration would exclude “it’s a conspiracy” as the primary counterpoint to decades of recorded space exploration.

Hoping you’re well, and grateful for your time,
This guy