Offline stack

• View Profile
Re: Wiki on aviation
« Reply #60 on: November 26, 2022, 10:22:29 AM »
They have never convinced even one flat earther to believe the Lies.

Not one flat earther has convinced a glober that the Earth is flat. Touche.

No one has seen the curvature of the earth.

Au contraire mon frère...Capt. James T Kirk has...

In this exclusive excerpt from William Shatner’s new book, “Boldly Go: Reflections on a Life of Awe and Wonder,” the “Star Trek” actor reflects on his voyage into space on Jeff Bezos’ Blue Origin space shuttle on Oct. 13, 2021.

"I saw a cold, dark, black emptiness. It was unlike any blackness you can see or feel on Earth. It was deep, enveloping, all-encompassing. I turned back toward the light of home. I could see the curvature of Earth, the beige of the desert, the white of the clouds and the blue of the sky. It was life. Nurturing, sustaining, life. Mother Earth. Gaia. And I was leaving her."
    - William Shatner

Thats obviously conclusive then he is obviously having flashbacks to an earlier life.  :D ;D :D :D

Conceivable.

On a similar note it amazes me how many globalists refer to the sun as 'rising' and 'setting' in the sky. Sorry to spoil the party but scientifically it doesn't rise or set. According to you we orbit it therefore it cannot 'rise'.

Don't worry, we globalists are well aware of this. However, technically, you're quite a bit off. Sunsets and sunrises are due to the Earth's rotation on its axis - Every 24 hours...Not our orbit around the sun.

From a frame of reference for humans, it appears that the Sun is rising up from below the horizon. Would it make you more comfortable if instead of saying,  "I'll meet you at sunset" would you rather we say, "I'll meet you when the globe has rotated to the extent that we have spun just far enough around so that at our location the Earth is about to obscure the suns rays from shining on us"?

SteelyBob

« Reply #61 on: November 26, 2022, 11:14:14 AM »
They have never convinced even one flat earther to believe the Lies.

Not one flat earther has convinced a glober that the Earth is flat. Touche.

No one has seen the curvature of the earth.

Au contraire mon frère...Capt. James T Kirk has...

In this exclusive excerpt from William Shatner’s new book, “Boldly Go: Reflections on a Life of Awe and Wonder,” the “Star Trek” actor reflects on his voyage into space on Jeff Bezos’ Blue Origin space shuttle on Oct. 13, 2021.

"I saw a cold, dark, black emptiness. It was unlike any blackness you can see or feel on Earth. It was deep, enveloping, all-encompassing. I turned back toward the light of home. I could see the curvature of Earth, the beige of the desert, the white of the clouds and the blue of the sky. It was life. Nurturing, sustaining, life. Mother Earth. Gaia. And I was leaving her."
    - William Shatner

Thats obviously conclusive then he is obviously having flashbacks to an earlier life.  :D ;D :D :D

On a similar note it amazes me how many globalists refer to the sun as 'rising' and 'setting' in the sky. Sorry to spoil the party but scientifically it doesn't rise or set. According to you we orbit it therefore it cannot 'rise'.

Any thoughts on my flight times question Simon?

Offline SimonC

• View Profile
« Reply #62 on: November 27, 2022, 06:59:08 PM »
Yes  - to scheduled times.

Following on from my last post, let's take an example. You can fly with Qantas from Perth to Johannesburg direct. It takes 9:55 hours from Johannesburg, and 11:15 hours travelling from Perth. As per my suggestion, let's split the difference and call it 10:35 hours on average. Now allow 30 mins for arrival and departure, so 10:05. The jet will average around 500mph, so that's a touch over 5000 miles.

The round earth great circle distance between those two places comes in at just under 5200 miles, so the estimate is pretty good on that basis.

Now take a look at, for example, the monopole FET map. According to the wiki, the diameter of the earth is 25,000 miles. What would you say is the distance between Perth and Johannesburg on that map? I'd say roughly 80% of the radius maybe? So about 10,000 miles?

So our aircraft is going to have to fly at roughly twice the speed. We know there aren't any supersonic airliners anymore, so what does that leave us? Either magic 'anomalous winds' that blow at 500mph in both directions or the map is hopelessly wrong?

The existence of that flight alone should be enough to completely falsify the monopole FET map. Would you agree?

I don't have any thoughts on the FE map. It isn't proof of anything. And nor are flight times - they don't prove the earth is a globe. Especially when its quicker to fly one way than the other.  As it should technically be the same as one presumes the plane travels the same route on its return?

SteelyBob

« Reply #63 on: November 27, 2022, 07:27:21 PM »
I don't have any thoughts on the FE map. It isn't proof of anything.
Nobody is suggesting that map is proof. The FET maps are proposed layouts of the earth. My point is that they are falsifiable, and have been falsified by numerous means, of which the flight times is a very good example.

And nor are flight times - they don't prove the earth is a globe.

Absolute proof…perhaps not, but extremely strong evidence - yes. If you tried the exercise I suggested you would see that there is no way to make the flight time-derived distances coherent without wrapping the map around a sphere.

Especially when it’s quicker to fly one way than the other.  As it should technically be the same as one presumes the plane travels the same route on its return?

No, it shouldn’t be the same. Aircraft groundspeeds are a function of their airspeed and the wind - the movement of the air mass they are flying through. You would not expect the times to be the same in both directions.

They fly roughly the same route in both directions, yes, although they do vary their flight path slightly in order to maximise / minimise the wind effect. There are also regulatory reasons for not necessarily flying the most absolutely direct route, however for the purposes of this argument the effect can be ignored.

My question to you was to ask whether you agreed that the flight times were inconsistent with the FET map - do you agree? Are my estimated distances from the FET map about right? Do you agree that the flights exist, and take roughly that amount of time? If so, do you agree that the FET map cannot possibly be correct?

Or if you disagree, where specifically do you think my train of logic is wrong?