İntikam

Veganism is a handicap of the religions
« on: May 04, 2016, 10:18:10 AM »
As we know that the holloy books don't recommend the veganism, oppositely they recommend kill animals as nutrition or victim.

And we know that the mentality causes to think about the veganism is a good thing.

I think it is a handicap that failure to provide a way to veganism in the books.

Anyway.

In Turkey it is hard to be a vegan because it is hard and expensive. So i tried it awhile but I had to leave it because of malnutrition and dizziness.

Anyway. Lets talk about veganism.

Re: Veganism is a handicap of the religions
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2016, 03:07:24 PM »
Arguments over its health aside, it is super expensive (especially in certain regions where fresh produce is a rarity), and the militant vegans who shame everyone else are incredibly short-sighted to not take that into consideration.

For the record, I've never been vegan, but I have spent fairly long periods of time in the past either being a vegetarian or a "beady-eyed vegetarian" (i.e., only eating animals with beady eyes like fish and poultry). I don't think I'll ever try vegetarianism out again, but I don't exclude the possibility of being selective about my meat intake again.

« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2016, 03:10:34 PM »
Every time I see a baby animal I think about how horrible it is to eat them when they grow up. Every being is basically sharing the same experience, which is basically just trying not to die. Who are we to decide what lives and dies.

But then I think about Bacon.

« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2016, 03:20:29 PM »
Every time I see a baby animal I think about how horrible it is to eat them when they grow up. Every being is basically sharing the same experience, which is basically just trying not to die. Who are we to decide what lives and dies.

But then I think about Bacon.

Yeah, I've kind of gotten over the ethical dilemma of actually eating animals. A) because thinking about bacon and b) because it's just how life goes--we evolved to be omnivores. One thing that does still get to me though is the inhumane treatment of animals in the food industry. If I could afford to only eat locally I would.

Offline Luke 22:35-38

• The earth is round. Prove I'm wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2016, 09:24:13 PM »
The day I turn vegan is the day that kosher organic meat longer exist. And I'm not that hard set on the organic part.
Isaiah 40:22 "It is he that sitteth upon the CIRCLE of the earth"

Scripture, science, facts, stats, and logic is how I argue

Evolutionism is a religion. Can dumb luck create a smart brain?

Please PM me to explain sunsets.

Offline Ghost Spaghetti

• Don't look in that mirror. It's absolutely furious
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2016, 11:41:09 AM »
It isn't just veganism that's tough around the world but vegetarianism. I often have to simply give up being a vegetarian when I travel to some parts of the world - especially Russia and Eastern Europe - simply because if I didn't my days would be spent roaming around trying to find somewhere - anywhere to eat.

İntikam

« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2016, 01:40:31 PM »
I'm glad that awareness about veganism. But this alone does not solve problems. Vegan food is expensive, less diverse and are hard to reach.  the number of customers are low occurs some of this problem. Increasing the number of the vegans probably makes the foods cheaper and accessible. some of this is relevant caused by the free market economy. community awareness is a must.

Offline Roundy

• Abdicator of the Zetetic Council
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2016, 03:44:33 PM »
Every time I see a baby animal I think about how horrible it is to eat them when they grow up.

That's funny because whenever I see a baby cow my stomach starts rumbling.

Seriously though you should try to get over this. Animals eat other animals, it's a natural part of life.
Dr. Frank is a physicist. He says it's impossible. So it's impossible.
My friends, please remember Tom said this the next time you fall into the trap of engaging him, and thank you. :)

« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2016, 06:45:50 PM »
Every time I see a baby animal I think about how horrible it is to eat them when they grow up.

That's funny because whenever I see a baby cow my stomach starts rumbling.

Seriously though you should try to get over this. Animals eat other animals, it's a natural part of life.

I think it's more so the fact that those cute little piglets completely trust and rely on you until the day you decide to have pork chops for dinner. A gazelle knows the lion is going to try to it eats ass. We've lulled these wild animals into domestication and this false sense of comfort, so I guess it's more a violation of the trust those cute little piggies have for us that bothers me lol.

« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2016, 07:15:40 PM »
Increasing the number of the vegans probably makes the foods cheaper and accessible. some of this is relevant caused by the free market economy.

I don't fully agree with you there. Demand obviously plays a role, but there are some regions where vegan food is simply less accessible.

For instance, I went to high school in a tiny town in the mountains. The area was dry and often cold. There were ranches, but agriculture wasn't really a thing. That means that produce had to be shipped in from other places, or you had to spend gas money to drive to a city and get it. Even if all ~1000 citizens happened to be vegan, you can't get around the fact that acquiring vegan food will cost more money. And the quality and variety of that food won't be great either.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2016, 07:20:07 PM by mollete »

« Reply #10 on: May 05, 2016, 08:12:13 PM »
Increasing the number of the vegans probably makes the foods cheaper and accessible. some of this is relevant caused by the free market economy.

I don't fully agree with you there. Demand obviously plays a role, but there are some regions where vegan food is simply less accessible.

For instance, I went to high school in a tiny town in the mountains. The area was dry and often cold. There were ranches, but agriculture wasn't really a thing. That means that produce had to be shipped in from other places, or you had to spend gas money to drive to a city and get it. Even if all ~1000 citizens happened to be vegan, you can't get around the fact that acquiring vegan food will cost more money. And the quality and variety of that food won't be great either.

Not to mention most people are vegan because they cite concerns of animal suffering, do you think the illegal migrant worker picking soybeans for 14 hours a day isn't suffering because of you? Or are humans not animals?

Offline Roundy

• Abdicator of the Zetetic Council
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 05, 2016, 08:21:02 PM »
For that matter what about the poor soybean plant? I feel like a lot of your more vocal vegetarians forget that plants are living things too. No one seems to care about their rights.
Dr. Frank is a physicist. He says it's impossible. So it's impossible.
My friends, please remember Tom said this the next time you fall into the trap of engaging him, and thank you. :)

« Reply #12 on: May 05, 2016, 08:22:00 PM »
I'm glad that awareness about veganism. But this alone does not solve problems. Vegan food is expensive, less diverse and are hard to reach.  the number of customers are low occurs some of this problem. Increasing the number of the vegans probably makes the foods cheaper and accessible. some of this is relevant caused by the free market economy. community awareness is a must.

I think fruits, vegetables, nuts, seeds and beans cost the same whether or not you eat meat.
Quote from: Saddam Hussein
I don't know what you're implying, but you're probably wrong.

« Reply #13 on: May 05, 2016, 08:37:17 PM »
For that matter what about the poor soybean plant? I feel like a lot of your more vocal vegetarians forget that plants are living things too. No one seems to care about their rights.

The common response to this is that plants are not intelligent and don't feel pain.

We also identify with animals, and even more so with mammals, so it makes sense that vegetarians would care more about sparing them than plants.

Also, there's a thing called fruitarianism in which you only eat fruits since they are the products of plants rather than the actual plant; you don't have to kill a plant to eat fruit.

Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 05, 2016, 11:41:26 PM »
Also, there's a thing called fruitarianism in which you only eat fruits since they are the products of plants rather than the actual plant; you don't have to kill a plant to eat fruit.

A great synonym for this would be "malnutrition."

Offline juner

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 05, 2016, 11:55:31 PM »
Steve Jobs was a fruitarian for a while. He thought because he only ate fruits, his body didn't produce mucus, and therefore he didn't have to bathe regularly because he wouldn't smell. He was wrong, and ended up getting moved to the night shift when he worked at Atari because no one wanted to be around him.

« Reply #16 on: May 06, 2016, 12:10:05 AM »
Personally I think if you're going by the "byproducts are okay just don't kill anything" method then you should open yourself back up to animal byproducts. Taking milk from a cow is no more harmful than taking an apple from a tree.

Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 06, 2016, 12:53:16 AM »
Taking milk from a cow is no more harmful than taking an apple from a tree.

This greatly depends on the dairy operation. Some dairies use less efficient, but less painful extraction machines. Others use invasive extractors that cut the lower portions of the utter nipples in order to extract the milk at a higher rate.

What I never understood is vegans believing honey is bad. If anything, these days, we really need to be supporting honey and honey bee related business. Wild honey bees have become extremely rare and it doesn't hurt the bees in any way to take portions of excess honey from a commercial beehive.

« Reply #18 on: May 06, 2016, 01:00:33 AM »
What I never understood is vegans believing honey is bad. If anything, these days, we really need to be supporting honey and honey bee related business. Wild honey bees have become extremely rare and it doesn't hurt the bees in any way to take portions of excess honey from a commercial beehive.

Ugh, yeah. And also wool. PETA has this ad that shows a sheep all bloodied up supposedly due to shearing and it's like, no. Not only is shearing a sheep not bad for the sheep, it's also actually good for it. Too much wool can really weigh down on a sheep, not to mention the possibility of overheating.

Offline Luke 22:35-38

• The earth is round. Prove I'm wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 06, 2016, 01:52:18 AM »

Ugh, yeah. And also wool. PETA has this ad that shows a sheep all bloodied up supposedly due to shearing and it's like, no. Not only is shearing a sheep not bad for the sheep, it's also actually good for it. Too much wool can really weigh down on a sheep, not to mention the possibility of overheating.

The last thing you need when running away from wolves is extra weight.
Isaiah 40:22 "It is he that sitteth upon the CIRCLE of the earth"

Scripture, science, facts, stats, and logic is how I argue

Evolutionism is a religion. Can dumb luck create a smart brain?

Please PM me to explain sunsets.