« on: December 10, 2020, 12:31:09 AM »
The wait is over. What do we think?
ur retartet but u donut even no it and i walnut tell u y

Offline juner

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Cyberpunk 2077 - Official Discussion Thread
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2020, 12:34:10 AM »
I think I am the only one on FES currently playing the game lmao...

Rama Set

« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2020, 01:10:06 AM »

I am a pleb and can't run it, but I was watching a stream today and it looks pretty dope.

Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2020, 01:57:52 AM »
<Anastoid> Rushy: Texas is now an independent republic
<Anastoid> as it should be
<Rushy> indeed
<Rushy> the game is fun
<Anastoid> xasop I chose large uncircumsized penis btw
<Rushy> imagine using anything that isn't the katana
<junker> Saddam: did you enjoy the breasts? i know Rushy did
<Anastoid> I mean circumsized
<xasop> Actually neither of those is a word
<Rushy> junker: NIPPLES: OFF
<Rushy> I can say without a doubt that I have never used a character creator that had "NIPPLES: ON/OFF" as an option
<Anastoid> and I elected to keep my nipples
<Rushy> I did as well

Offline Fortuna

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2020, 06:18:36 AM »
The NPCs walking around are pretty whack, even if most of them are supposed to be addicted to drugs. They’re what I’d expect from a game released in 2015, not 2020. But overall the game is fun so far. It’s nice to play an RPG that isn’t generic fantasy or Fallout. Even if they don’t tune up the NPCs, it’s good for a couple playthroughs.

Also, when I was riding in DeShawn’s car it ran over an NPC and he screamed and blood sprayed through the car. I wish I recorded it because it was fuckin’ hilarious, choomba.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2020, 06:25:45 AM by Fortuna »

Offline beardo

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2020, 08:23:04 AM »
I'll buy it if Steam or GOG ever has it for 10-15€
The Mastery.

Offline Clyde Frog

• [kʰlaɪ̯d fɹɒg]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2020, 02:11:48 PM »
My copy arrives later today. I'm a little concerned about the reports that it has some serious bugs on the console versions right now though.

Edit: I am looking forward to seeing this particular bug, though: "Characters often break their animation cycles and randomly strike “T” poses."

Offline juner

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2020, 03:00:45 PM »

Online honk

• resident goose
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2020, 03:30:54 AM »
The game is running pretty smoothly for me, at least once I updated my drivers and didn't have to deal with distant environments popping up right next to me. I'm pleasantly surprised to see that the dialogue has been enormously improved from what we saw in the demos - characters no longer swear as gratuitously, and the infamous "bigger than my balls" line has been removed. Driving is a pain with a mouse and keyboard, as you can't use the mouse to steer. The biggest disappointment for me overall is the combat. Maybe things get better when you're a high level and you can equip cool weapons, but right now, guns do barely any damage to most enemies. It takes a ton of ammo to bring even one down, and headshots only inflict marginally more damage. I had my qualms about the combat when I saw it in the demos, but this level of bullet-sponginess is worse than anything I had imagined. The melee combat, while clunky, is far more satisfying.

Offline Fortuna

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2020, 06:32:37 AM »
The biggest disappointment for me overall is the combat. Maybe things get better when you're a high level and you can equip cool weapons, but right now, guns do barely any damage to most enemies. It takes a ton of ammo to bring even one down, and headshots only inflict marginally more damage. I had my qualms about the combat when I saw it in the demos, but this level of bullet-sponginess is worse than anything I had imagined. The melee combat, while clunky, is far more satisfying.

What difficulty are you playing on? I’m playing on normal and I spec’d into revolvers. Most non-boss enemies I can one or two shot. This isn’t call of doodie though, where you can just pick up any old gun and mow anyone down. It’s an RPG, choomba. You have to spec into the weapons if you want to do any damage with them.

Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2020, 04:28:13 PM »
I'm playing on hard difficulty and I haven't used any gun aside from the pistol I started with and a katana. Melee combat with the katana is incredibly overpowered and the game's AI can't handle you sprinting up to them and stabbing them. Speccing into blades even makes it so sprinting around causes your armor to increase 30% and for your evasion to go up, so not only can you just sprint up to people and stab them but they do less damage to you and a considerable amount of time they'll simply do no damage at all.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2020, 04:29:55 PM by Rushy »

Offline juner

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 11, 2020, 04:39:21 PM »
During the Braindance mission I had a nice Scam Shitizen style glitch and ended up floating above the city.

Offline Particle Person

• Planar Moderator
  • born 2 b b&
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 11, 2020, 06:00:26 PM »
My favorite glitch so far was when my car slightly clipped into a piece of debris and immediately was rocketed upward about 300 feet. I nailed the landing, it was preem. Apart from that, bugs have been minimal. One T-posing pedestrian and one soft-lock requiring a reload.
Your mom is when your mom and you arent your mom.

Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 11, 2020, 11:02:54 PM »
My favorite glitch was when I called my car, so it phases through a solid concrete wall, drove through several cargo containers and then drove across a river (not using a bridge) just to get to me.

Online honk

• resident goose
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 12, 2020, 01:10:23 AM »
Obviously this is a far stricter RPG than I thought. I wasn't expecting this level of near-ineffectiveness in using weapons not specialized in. Like Rushy said, though, the balance is completely out of whack in how heavily favored melee combat is. By specializing in blades, I can hack and slash through enemies easily, but even if I just use my fists, I'm way better off than if I try to use guns. Incidentally, the incredible level of salt in the CP2077 subreddit would be hilarious if not for the fact that a bunch of their complaints are spot on. In particular:

https://www.reddit.com/r/cyberpunkgame/comments/kb2jgj/i_just_realized_that_there_is_no_ai_for_driving/

https://www.reddit.com/r/cyberpunkgame/comments/kb4j99/night_city_is_beautiful_but_it_feels_static_and/

Maybe CDPR just shouldn't have made this an open-world game?

Offline juner

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 12, 2020, 04:34:20 AM »
but even if I just use my fists, I'm way better off than if I try to use guns.

git gud

Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 13, 2020, 09:29:03 PM »

Offline juner

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 13, 2020, 11:03:20 PM »
Accurate shadows...........

Online honk

• resident goose
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 14, 2020, 04:10:13 AM »
https://www.reddit.com/r/cyberpunkgame/comments/kc7hbh/probably_the_best_bug_ive_ever_encountered/

I love the look of sheer terror on the driver's face as he and his car warp through space and time. And then there's this:

https://www.reddit.com/r/cyberpunkgame/comments/kcjdis/decided_to_test_how_bad_the_cop_spawning_issue_is/

This game is literally a meme at this point. How did it get such glowing reviews? How?

https://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/cyberpunk-2077/critic-reviews

I'm having fun with it, sure, but it's way, way too flawed to be deserving of this kind of overwhelming acclaim. Is there shillery afoot?

Offline Dr David Thork

• https://onlyfans.com/thork
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 18, 2020, 09:00:36 PM »
Rate this post.      👍 6     👎 1