Offline timterroo

• domo arigato gozaimashita
    • View Profile
Re: Trump
« Reply #5720 on: June 17, 2020, 02:19:02 AM »
I'm glad this is getting more attention.
I'm surprised that you'd mistake such obvious spin for "more attention". Trump has been pretty obviously and visibly afraid of stairs when he started campaigning in the first place. Have you already forgotten him holding handsies with Theresa May a few years back?

This is not a new concern, nor is it a sign of deterioration. It's probably just a slight phobia.

Trump has visibly struggled with stairs a few times over the course of his presidency, but on many more occasions he's casually gone up and down stairs with no trouble at all, and the media haven't really bothered reporting on those moments because "Trump climbs stairs with no problem, nothing unexpected happens," isn't exactly a newsworthy story. Trump doesn't have a phobia of stairs in the sense that it's a purely psychological, irrational fear like how some people are afraid of clowns; he's afraid of more difficult stairs that he knows or thinks he won't be able to traverse smoothly and confidently. It might not be a sign of degradation, I'll admit. He might have been physically capable of moving faster, but was worried about stumbling and decided to be safe and take things extra slow. The same goes for the drink of water. Maybe he just has some arthritis that makes it painful for him to raise his arm too high. There are perfectly reasonable explanations for why a man his age has been acting the way he has, but Trump won't admit to any of them, because he refuses to admit to any flaws at all. So do his doctors. The only thing we really know is that the story he's given us of near-perfection isn't true.

The answer could be much simpler.....

He's drunk...
"noche te ipsum"

"If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough."  - Albert Einstein

Offline honk

• resident goose
    • View Profile
« Reply #5721 on: June 17, 2020, 05:17:32 AM »
https://apnews.com/5a1eee3c19776c1c686fd56e0333083e

Trump apparently thinks that there's a vaccine for AIDS. Of course, he is the president. Maybe he knows something the rest of us don't!
ur retartet but u donut even no it and i walnut tell u y

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5722 on: June 17, 2020, 05:24:52 AM »
https://apnews.com/5a1eee3c19776c1c686fd56e0333083e

Trump apparently thinks that there's a vaccine for AIDS. Of course, he is the president. Maybe he knows something the rest of us don't!

So either secret government scientists or "no one" is who he wants to make the vaccine.  Hmmmm... Telling.
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

Offline Tom Bishop

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Flat Earth Believer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5723 on: June 18, 2020, 12:02:12 AM »

Rama Set

« Reply #5724 on: June 18, 2020, 12:17:18 AM »
I mean, if I were to pigeon the “ultimate evil trump supporter” it would be someone with a fragile ego who harmed people in abuses of power. Hmm.., where have we seen that?

Offline Tom Bishop

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Flat Earth Believer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5725 on: June 18, 2020, 12:37:57 AM »
I mean, if I were to pigeon the “ultimate evil trump supporter” it would be someone with a fragile ego who harmed people in abuses of power. Hmm.., where have we seen that?

I don't see any evidence that Trump's supporters are murdering cops, destroying property, or breaking laws. Only the Left appears to be doing that.

How many unarmed black men do you think the police killed last year? Take a guess, without cheating.

Offline Tumeni

• View Profile
« Reply #5726 on: June 18, 2020, 01:03:36 AM »
I don't see any evidence that Trump's supporters are murdering cops, destroying property, or breaking laws. Only the Left appears to be doing that.

How many unarmed black men do you think the police killed last year? Take a guess, without cheating.

Too many. Don't black women count too?

How many cops have been killed in the last year? Again, take a guess, without cheating.

Query; are the police breaking the law by continuing to use tear gas on the streets when civic leaders have explicitly banned them from doing so?
=============================
Not Flat. Happy to prove this, if you ask me.

Nearly all flat earthers agree the earth is not a globe.

Nearly?

Offline Tom Bishop

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Flat Earth Believer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5727 on: June 18, 2020, 01:23:19 AM »

Online Roundy

• Abdicator of the Zetetic Council
    • View Profile
« Reply #5728 on: June 18, 2020, 02:14:37 AM »
Wait... cops are getting murdered by civilians?? Holy shit, it really is a topsy-turvy, backwards world since Trump's taken office!
Dr. Frank is a physicist. He says it's impossible. So it's impossible.
My friends, please remember Tom said this the next time you fall into the trap of engaging him, and thank you. :)

Online Roundy

• View Profile
« Reply #5729 on: June 18, 2020, 02:24:19 AM »

How many people period do you think have been killed by cops in Germany, a country with about 83 million people, since 1990? Take a guess, without cheating.
My friends, please remember Tom said this the next time you fall into the trap of engaging him, and thank you. :)

« Reply #5730 on: June 18, 2020, 02:34:09 AM »

how many unarmed patriots do you think the redcoats killed during the boston massacre? take a guess, without cheating.
I have visited from prestigious research institutions of the highest caliber, to which only our administrator holds with confidence.

Offline timterroo

• domo arigato gozaimashita
    • View Profile
« Reply #5731 on: June 18, 2020, 03:50:31 AM »

Don’t have a clue, but there were at least 3 killed in the past couple months.

Those are only the ones we know about since they were caught by civilian cameras.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2020, 04:30:46 AM by timterroo »
"noche te ipsum"

"If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough."  - Albert Einstein

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5732 on: June 18, 2020, 04:33:02 AM »

Considering no one has these numbers, I'd love to know how you got them.

Also my guess is 15.

Also: how do you know Trump supporters aren't breaking shit at riots?  Best way to ruin a protest is to start breaking things.  And if a Trump supporter does it, well, whose gonna know he wasn't part of the protest?
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

Online Roundy

• View Profile
« Reply #5733 on: June 18, 2020, 06:10:07 AM »
https://www.facebook.com/TheYoungTurks/videos/557520205128900/?sfnsn=mo

How the fuck does someone so emotionally fragile become a cop in the first place? It stands to reason that allowing someone who can't wait a few minutes at a McDonald's drive-thru without having a complete emotional breakdown to be a police officer would only lead to more people being irrationally killed by cops. Do you trust this woman to act appropriately in a tense situation? Is there no vetting process to being a cop at all?

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5734 on: June 18, 2020, 07:29:44 AM »

How the fuck does someone so emotionally fragile become a cop in the first place? It stands to reason that allowing someone who can't wait a few minutes at a McDonald's drive-thru without having a complete emotional breakdown to be a police officer would only lead to more people being irrationally killed by cops. Do you trust this woman to act appropriately in a tense situation? Is there no vetting process to being a cop at all?

?? You act like she had a nervous breakdown because she had to wait.  Based on what she said, it sounds like she's been up over 24 hours with constant death threats.  Now, I don't know about you but I get emotionally unstable after being up for 18 hours and I don't have death threats.

Online Roundy

• View Profile
« Reply #5735 on: June 18, 2020, 10:04:07 AM »

?? You act like she had a nervous breakdown because she had to wait.  Based on what she said, it sounds like she's been up over 24 hours with constant death threats.  Now, I don't know about you but I get emotionally unstable after being up for 18 hours and I don't have death threats.

Was that video edited? I missed the part where she says she is getting "constant death threats", or anything to that effect.

She did say she doesn't hear "Thank you" enough. Poor baby.

You don't think it's somewhat paranoid that a little bit of a wait for food at a McDonald's drive-thru = I'm afraid you're going to poison me?

OMG, they gave her her drink first and she had to wait longer for the rest of her food. Kind of like every fucking drive-thru experience I've ever had.

If she considers a five minute wait a threat to her life, how lax will her definition be in the line of duty?

She should quit before she kills someone.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2020, 10:14:04 AM by Roundy »

Offline Tumeni

• View Profile
« Reply #5736 on: June 18, 2020, 10:39:52 AM »
Tom; the rate of in-custody deaths in the US is double Australia's and six times the UK's;

12 per 100k arrests in US
6 in Australia
2 in UK

In 2018, US Police fatally shot around 1000 civilians - a rate of 31 per 10mill population

Germany, Australia and the UK all recorded less than 3 per 10mill, with the UK figure below 1 per 10mill.
Not Flat. Happy to prove this, if you ask me.

Nearly all flat earthers agree the earth is not a globe.

Nearly?

totallackey

« Reply #5737 on: June 18, 2020, 11:07:31 AM »
In 2018, US Police fatally shot around 1000 civilians - a rate of 31 per 10mill population
1000 shootings translates to 31 per 10 million?

I must've missed something...

Rama Set

« Reply #5738 on: June 18, 2020, 11:42:38 AM »
1000 shootings translates to 31 per 10 million?

I must've missed something...

Yes and that something is high school math.

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5739 on: June 18, 2020, 12:01:14 PM »

Was that video edited? I missed the part where she says she is getting "constant death threats", or anything to that effect.

She did say she doesn't hear "Thank you" enough. Poor baby.

You don't think it's somewhat paranoid that a little bit of a wait for food at a McDonald's drive-thru = I'm afraid you're going to poison me?

OMG, they gave her her drink first and she had to wait longer for the rest of her food. Kind of like every fucking drive-thru experience I've ever had.

If she considers a five minute wait a threat to her life, how lax will her definition be in the line of duty?

She should quit before she kills someone.
It wasn't explicitly stated but I read between the lines.
She also stated how she usually is fine, which means something is different. 
She also said ".. it doesn't matter how long you've been up.." which, to me, is a 'I've been up a long time because I was order to be'.  And I've been in that kind of frantic, emotional panic before while having been up over 24 hours and caring for a 1 year old alone.  So to me that looks exactly like a "I haven't slept in 36 hours." Kinda reaction.  And in case you haven't notice: alot of people really hate all cops right now. 

As for her 'not enough thank yous' well, how long would you do a thankless job?  A job where even something as simple as a speeding ticket is met with a mix of hostility or outright begging?  Add to that the current climate and being a cop is probably like working for the IRS Audit department: everyone hates you when you come around.