Offline BRrollin

• View Profile
Re: Trump
« Reply #5280 on: May 01, 2020, 05:48:30 PM »
You totally missed that he was being sarcastic too. This is the problem of jumping in to the middle of a thread without reading it first.

Sigh, I did not miss it, Rama...I do not think he meant NK is actually a bear.

No shit. But you missed he was being sarcastic in his initial comment about Iran and NK.

My reply returned his sarcasm and added an educational benefit for other readers.

That’s some imagination you have there.

Try to keep up ;)

Imagine being last in a race and asking people to keep up with you.

Thank you for your comments!
“This just shows that you don't even understand the basic principle of UA...A projectile that goes up and then down again to an observer on Earth is not accelerating, it is the observer on Earth who accelerates.”

- Parsifal

“I hang out with sane people.”

- totallackey

Rama Set

« Reply #5281 on: May 01, 2020, 06:48:13 PM »
Thank you for your comments!

Sorry you ran out of educational comments!

Rama Set

« Reply #5282 on: May 01, 2020, 07:57:58 PM »
Trump being a moron again by saying MI’s governor should make a deal with the reopen protests in contradiction of his own official guidelines for reopening.

Offline honk

• resident goose
    • View Profile
« Reply #5283 on: May 02, 2020, 04:37:54 PM »
https://thehill.com/opinion/white-house/495580-a-hillary-clinton-barack-obama-ticket-to-replace-joe-biden

https://thehill.com/opinion/campaign/495371-as-biden-struggles-hillary-waits-for-the-call

It's still her turn!

In the meantime, the Tara Reade allegations are blowing up in the media. It shouldn't be getting the time of the day, given the enormous number of credible accusations Trump has racked up. When the media start grilling Trump about all those women whenever they can, then maybe it'll be time to start talking about the one allegation concerning Biden.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2020, 07:36:33 PM by honk »
ur retartet but u donut even no it and i walnut tell u y

Rama Set

« Reply #5284 on: May 02, 2020, 05:25:26 PM »
https://thehill.com/opinion/white-house/495580-a-hillary-clinton-barack-obama-ticket-to-replace-joe-biden

https://thehill.com/opinion/campaign/495371-as-biden-struggles-hillary-waits-for-the-call

It's still her turn!

In the meantime, the Tara Reade allegations are blowing up in the media. It shouldn't be getting the time of the day given the enormous number of credible accusations Trump has racked up. When the media start grilling Trump about all those women whenever they can, then maybe it'll be time to start talking about the one allegation concerning Biden.

It should absolutely get the time of day. What a stupid partisan position to have. They BOTH should be called to task for potential rape allegations. Everybody who has credible evidence against them should. No one said, “we shouldn’t bother with Kavanagh because Trump’s a more deserving target.”

I think a lot of right wing criticism of media is not very strong but they are dead on with this. Other than Fox, most media outlets have been doing everything they can to avoid the Tara Reade story and it’s such a shitty double standard. Fuck that. Biden is an almost senile alleged rapist. He’s a fucking terrible candidate for president. Probably worse than HRC.

Offline Dr David Thork

• https://onlyfans.com/thork
    • View Profile
« Reply #5285 on: May 02, 2020, 06:10:27 PM »
Biden is an almost senile alleged rapist. He’s a fucking terrible candidate for president. Probably worse than HRC.

In the fall, you'll be deciding if Trump is actually not so bad after all.
Rate this post.      👍 6     👎 1

Offline honk

• resident goose
    • View Profile
« Reply #5286 on: May 02, 2020, 06:32:06 PM »

It's still her turn!

In the meantime, the Tara Reade allegations are blowing up in the media. It shouldn't be getting the time of the day given the enormous number of credible accusations Trump has racked up. When the media start grilling Trump about all those women whenever they can, then maybe it'll be time to start talking about the one allegation concerning Biden.

It should absolutely get the time of day. What a stupid partisan position to have. They BOTH should be called to task for potential rape allegations. Everybody who has credible evidence against them should. No one said, “we shouldn’t bother with Kavanagh because Trump’s a more deserving target.”

I think a lot of right wing criticism of media is not very strong but they are dead on with this. Other than Fox, most media outlets have been doing everything they can to avoid the Tara Reade story and it’s such a shitty double standard. Fuck that. Biden is an almost senile alleged rapist. He’s a fucking terrible candidate for president. Probably worse than HRC.

A simple Google search for "Tara Reade" shows that far from ignoring this story, the mainstream media is reporting on it extensively, and most articles are sharply critical of Biden. He was literally asked about it in an interview with MSNBC, of all stations. And if allegations like this don't matter for Trump - and they clearly don't - then they shouldn't matter for Biden either.

Rama Set

« Reply #5287 on: May 02, 2020, 06:37:45 PM »
And if allegations like this don't matter for Trump - and they clearly don't - then they shouldn't matter for Biden either.
The opposite is the ethical position. It should matter for both, no one should be getting away with sexual assault. Park your partisan feelings for a little bit. It’s honestly ridiculous that you think this is even debatable.

Biden is an almost senile alleged rapist. He’s a fucking terrible candidate for president. Probably worse than HRC.

I’m Canadian, so I won’t.

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5288 on: May 02, 2020, 06:46:56 PM »

We have an aledged sexual assaulter up against one who bragged about it.  Not sure why you think that would be a hard choice: they both should be thrown in jail.
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

totallackey

« Reply #5289 on: May 02, 2020, 07:18:03 PM »

It's still her turn!
Ain't no way...ain't no how...
As soon as one of the allegations against Trump can be shown to have some documentation that a complaint was filed at the time of incident, then you might have something...

I thought you swore off of fake news?

totallackey

« Reply #5290 on: May 02, 2020, 07:20:37 PM »

We have an aledged sexual assaulter up against one who bragged about it.  Not sure why you think that would be a hard choice: they both should be thrown in jail.
Trump bragged about actually committing an actual sexual assault?

Or did he talk about his method of foreplay?

Online Roundy

• Abdicator of the Zetetic Council
    • View Profile
« Reply #5291 on: May 02, 2020, 07:46:29 PM »

It's still her turn!

A simple Google search for "Tara Reade" shows that far from ignoring this story, the mainstream media is reporting on it extensively, and most articles are sharply critical of Biden. He was literally asked about it in an interview with MSNBC, of all stations.

I wish I could agree with you. Unfortunately the Left weaponized unproven sexual allegations politically in 2016 so it's a bit hypocritical to try to walk it back now. Of course the Media is only doing what they do, reporting sensationalism in the name of selling subscriptions and advertising, but that doesn't mean this story shouldn't be in the news.

And if allegations like this don't matter for Trump - and they clearly don't - then they shouldn't matter for Biden either.

Generally speaking Democrats didn't seem to think the allegations against Trump didn't matter. Clearly it's to the American people to decide if the allegations against Biden matter, just as it was with Trump.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/05/01/opinion/joe-biden-tara-reade.html

Wow, I imagine it would be difficult to find a left-leaning journalist who said "Being heard is not, and never should be, the same as being believed" in 2016. I'm pretty sure the likes of Rush, Sean, and Tucker used similar arguments themselves though.

I have to say that the fact that a notorious SJW like Honk is talking about just brushing these accusations off is kind of funny, and maybe even a bit telling about the state of society in general.
Dr. Frank is a physicist. He says it's impossible. So it's impossible.
My friends, please remember Tom said this the next time you fall into the trap of engaging him, and thank you. :)

Rama Set

« Reply #5292 on: May 02, 2020, 07:55:38 PM »
As soon as one of the allegations against Trump can be shown to have some documentation that a complaint was filed at the time of incident, then you might have something...

This is just as bad as what Honk is representing.

Offline stack

• View Profile
« Reply #5293 on: May 02, 2020, 08:27:08 PM »
One allegation is one too many.

Offline honk

• resident goose
    • View Profile
« Reply #5294 on: May 02, 2020, 09:29:38 PM »
It should matter for both

It should, but it doesn't. Trump is almost certainly a sexual predator, yet he was elected president, and the media seem to have largely made their peace with this instead of grilling him at every opportunity about the numerous allegations against him. It's extraordinarily unfair for them to run with this story and insist that Biden needs to answer for it while ignoring Trump.

I wish I could agree with you. Unfortunately the Left weaponized unproven sexual allegations politically in 2016 so it's a bit hypocritical to try to walk it back now.

I'm not walking anything back. I'm complaining about how, once again, Trump is being held to a completely different standard to other politicians. Hillary stumbles once and is helped back up - she must be secretly dying. Trump is obviously pressuring his doctors to lie about his obesity and disastrous physical shape (and even his height, because he's that petty) - nobody cares. Hillary uses an unsecured email account - she's tied up in Congressional investigations for years and forced to testify on numerous occasions. Trump and his inner circle do that exact same thing multiple times, and breach general security protocol in many different ways, both subtle and major, over the years - nobody cares. Biden seemingly forgets, or at least stumbles over, the beginning of the Declaration of Independence - he's a senile, doddering old fool who's too confused for the job. Trump regularly spews incoherent gibberish at public appearances, slurring over words with his eyes bulging out his head like he's on crack - nobody cares. A sexual assault allegation comes up against Biden, resulting in an unclear he-said she-said situation - this totally spells the end of Biden's candidacy, fucking Hillary should take the nomination now, might as well just reinaugurate Trump today. Trump is accused by over twenty women of sexual misconduct - nobody cares. It's ridiculous, and it will continue until the media put their foot down and stop letting Trump wriggle out of scandal after scandal.

Clearly it's to the American people to decide if the allegations against Biden matter, just as it was with Trump.

If they didn't matter for a candidate with over twenty accusations, then why would they matter for a candidate with only one?
« Last Edit: May 03, 2020, 03:48:09 PM by honk »

Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5295 on: May 02, 2020, 09:36:53 PM »
Trump is almost certainly a sexual predator
No credible evidence has been presented to date. Same as with Biden, mind you.

It's extraordinarily unfair for them to run with this story and insist that Biden needs to answer for it while ignoring Trump.
Ignoring Trump? You might want to do that thing you do where you waste an afternoon looking at old stuff on the Internet. Trump's alleged misconduct was far from ignored.
Read the FAQ before asking your question - chances are we already addressed it.
Follow the Flat Earth Society on Twitter and Facebook!

If we are not speculating then we must assume

Online Roundy

• View Profile
« Reply #5296 on: May 02, 2020, 09:59:14 PM »
It's ridiculous, and it will continue until the media put their foot down and stop letting Trump wriggle out of scandal after scandal.

Wow.  Is that seriously your take on how the media has treated Trump over the last four years?  ???

Clearly it's to the American people to decide if the allegations against Biden matter, just as it was with Trump.

If they didn't matter for a candidate with over twenty accusations, then why would they matter for a candidate with only one?

I understand tone can be difficult to convey over the internet, but the way you couch your response makes it sound like you think it's incompatible with what you were responding to. If that's the case can you please explain how?
My friends, please remember Tom said this the next time you fall into the trap of engaging him, and thank you. :)

Offline honk

• resident goose
    • View Profile
« Reply #5297 on: May 03, 2020, 04:01:16 PM »
No credible evidence has been presented to date. Same as with Biden, mind you.

The sheer number of accusers is what makes it credible to me. The idea that this many women - real women with real names who came forward publicly - are lying or otherwise mistaken just isn't plausible. It's not enough to just suppose that Trump's status as a wealthy socialite or a controversial politician naturally lends itself to lots of false accusers coming out of the woodwork either to cash in or bring him down for ideological reasons, because that simply doesn't happen for other wealthy socialites or controversial politicians. Why would Trump be so special? I wouldn't use this kind of reasoning to support convicting Trump if he were on trial or anything, but it's more than enough to form a personal judgment about his character.

Ignoring Trump? You might want to do that thing you do where you waste an afternoon looking at old stuff on the Internet. Trump's alleged misconduct was far from ignored.

Wow.  Is that seriously your take on how the media has treated Trump over the last four years?  ???

Those scandals were reported on, past tense. And then the media simply stopped reporting on them after a few days or weeks, in most cases because there was another new scandal to cover. But the old scandals still exist, and they can and should be returned to if the media is going to hammer Trump's opponent for the exact same thing.

I understand tone can be difficult to convey over the internet, but the way you couch your response makes it sound like you think it's incompatible with what you were responding to. If that's the case can you please explain how?

I was going to say that I have a very hard time imagining the hypothetical voter who wasn't deterred from voting for Trump due to the allegations against him, but would be deterred from voting for Biden due to the allegation against him. But now that I think about it, Biden could easily lose plenty of votes to third-party candidates or write-ins. Democrats don't have nearly the level of party unity that Republicans enjoy.

Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5298 on: May 03, 2020, 05:05:32 PM »
The sheer number of accusers is what makes it credible to me.
We'll never agree on this. Trump found dozens of women who were willing to accuse Bill Clinton of rape and brought them over to some of the debates with Hillary. I don't think either case should be treated too seriously until some evidence is presented.

There's a reason we don't rely on personal incredulity when it comes to such serious accusations. You may find it unlikely that so many women would be bought/convinced to put forward a false accusation, but I find it unlikely that so many women kept quiet until the very moment Trump was about to become a hell of a lot more popular and powerful. That they would all simultaneously, unprompted, choose the very worst moment for them to speak up... that defies all logic. They deliberately waited for the time they were least likely to succeed, to get justice, because... reasons?
Read the FAQ before asking your question - chances are we already addressed it.
Follow the Flat Earth Society on Twitter and Facebook!

If we are not speculating then we must assume

Online Roundy

• View Profile
« Reply #5299 on: May 03, 2020, 07:39:45 PM »
There's a reason we don't rely on personal incredulity when it comes to such serious accusations. You may find it unlikely that so many women would be bought/convinced to put forward a false accusation, but I find it unlikely that so many women kept quiet until the very moment Trump was about to become a hell of a lot more popular and powerful. That they would all simultaneously, unprompted, choose the very worst moment for them to speak up... that defies all logic. They deliberately waited for the time they were least likely to succeed, to get justice, because... reasons?

I honestly felt like this was one of the many mistakes that helped tip the scale in Trump's favor last time around. Obviously Democrats are gonna be like, string him up. But you're trying to convince a different audience. And it all felt extremely staged and gimmicky, almost like a sweeps stunt. And like you say, extremely coincidental that they all came out at that moment.

It was politically weaponizing sexual abuse; it was cheap and obvious and, in hindsight at any rate, extremely offensive. That it didn't cost Trump the election should come as no surprise. It might have even helped tip the scale in the other direction.

And now it serves as a precedent for what's happening to Biden. Whoops.

Also, given what we know about Bill... it was maybe even hypocritical?
« Last Edit: May 03, 2020, 07:42:18 PM by Roundy »