Offline Tom Bishop

• Flat Earth Believer
    • View Profile
greenolive's Flat Earth model
« on: May 26, 2020, 12:25:32 AM »
I notice that we have a new user, greenolive, who has some interesting ideas for a Flat Earth. I'm not really sure where he got his model from, and had honestly thought it may have been nonsense at first, but it appears that he put some thought into it. New and different FE models can give some food for thought, regardless of the motivation.

From his elaborate posts I gather that:

- The wider world cosmology looks like the features in the Brazilian map. The physical earth is generally square or diamond in shape. Yellow square part is Antarctica, blue circle is the habitable earth.

- The land elevation of Antarctica gradually rises as you proceed from the shore to the edge.

- There is a middle North Pole and two South Poles aligned in a vertical line within the blue part of that map: A Northern Geographic South Pole (top), a North Pole (middle) and a Southern Geographic South Pole (bottom). Reminds me of the FE model in the old The Anti-Newtonian book.

- There may be continents of ice at either of those two South Poles (unclear).

- Although the North Pole is the middle pole, Mt. Zion is at the physical center of the world.

- The general continental layout sort of looks like the classic FE Monopole map. The southern continents are re-positioned and are either further or closer to each other than depicted in the Monopole map.

- The southern tip of Africa points to the bottom (Southern) geographic South Pole. The southern tips of South America and Australia point towards the top (Northern) geographic South Pole.

Is that right? Is there anything else you can tell us about your model, greenolive?
« Last Edit: May 26, 2020, 02:53:38 AM by Tom Bishop »

Offline Stagiri

• You can call me Peter
    • View Profile
    • Stagiri Blog
Re: greenolive's Flat Earth model
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2020, 07:31:43 PM »
An interesting idea. Where would the south celestial pole lie in this model?
Dr Rowbotham was accurate in his experiments.
How do you know without repeating them?
Because they don't need to be repeated, they were correct.

Offline Tom Bishop

• Flat Earth Believer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2020, 01:20:41 AM »
I have not been moving your posts, but I agree that they should at least be protected in a special thread specifically about your model. I found your posts interesting and created a thread to learn more.

The three pole model that you described caught my interest, since the original Flat Earth model from the early 1800's had three poles. Rowbotham turned it into one pole with Earth Not a Globe in the mid 1800's, and later Flat Earthers held a two pole model in the early 1900's. Samuel Shenton and Charles K. Johnson rebooted the society under the Monopole model and it has basically stayed that way since, as the default model until further investigation could compel different thoughts on the matter.

Edit: Looking into this further, I found that you were talking about your model on another website. I have reposted your map here, with some color enhancements since it was a bit washed out.

« Last Edit: May 29, 2020, 04:03:27 AM by Tom Bishop »

Offline GoldCashew

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2020, 04:48:31 AM »
I notice that we have a new user, greenolive, who has some interesting ideas for a Flat Earth. I'm not really sure where he got his model from, and had honestly thought it may have been nonsense at first, but it appears that he put some thought into it. New and different FE models can give some food for thought, regardless of the motivation.

From his elaborate posts I gather that:

- The wider world cosmology looks like the features in the Brazilian map. The physical earth is generally square or diamond in shape. Yellow square part is Antarctica, blue circle is the habitable earth.

- The land elevation of Antarctica gradually rises as you proceed from the shore to the edge.

- There is a middle North Pole and two South Poles aligned in a vertical line within the blue part of that map: A Northern Geographic South Pole (top), a North Pole (middle) and a Southern Geographic South Pole (bottom). Reminds me of the FE model in the old The Anti-Newtonian book.

- There may be continents of ice at either of those two South Poles (unclear).

- Although the North Pole is the middle pole, Mt. Zion is at the physical center of the world.

- The general continental layout sort of looks like the classic FE Monopole map. The southern continents are re-positioned and are either further or closer to each other than depicted in the Monopole map.

- The southern tip of Africa points to the bottom (Southern) geographic South Pole. The southern tips of South America and Australia point towards the top (Northern) geographic South Pole.

Is that right? Is there anything else you can tell us about your model, greenolive?

This thread caught my eye as my brother's wife is from Brazil; I corresponded with her on the meaning of the elements of the Brazilian flag.

The green portion represents a green field and first emperor of Brazil, with the second yellow rhombus representing emperors wife.

The blue portion is the globe Earth outlined by the curved band portion of the equator. Within the curved equatorial band of the globe Earth should be inscribed a motto in Portugese that means "order and progress". This is missing in your image.

What she mentioned that is also missing in this pictorial are 27 stars, with 26 of the stars representing a state of Brazil and the remaining star representing a district of Brazil.

The stars representing a viewpoint of the sky when looking up from the city of Rio.

The 27 stars that should be depicted are similar in meaning to the 50 stars on the American Flag, in that each represents a state.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2020, 04:58:31 AM by GoldCashew »

« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2020, 08:33:08 PM »
Tom, the only reason you did that is because posthuman is a part of you. I recognized that immediately when he returned my map to me with his highlighting on it. He was doing the same thing with his ramblings as you are doing on here - everything you can to get this to go away. I already said it is a rough draft, but since you want to talk about the size of the United States, please tell everyone here, what is the official size of the United States, is it from the February 8, 2002, or the January 25, 2012 NASA composite image of the whole "Earth"? Also, I was just watching a video the other day "The Oil Block Party SW250 Research Flat Earth" by Mark Sargent, where you can see many different sizes of the United States at 6:40 - 6:51 minutes. They are all lies. And I am telling you, the size of the longitude lines increase as you go east and west of Longitude 144.76525423276297250197728245962° W, as they begin to fan out toward the southeast and southwest. That is why Colin O'Brady (November - December 2018 Antarctica "crossing") only took 14 days to walk from the north geographic South Pole to the tip of the Ross Ice Shelf, on the last leg of his journey - a distance claimed to be over 360 statute miles, because it was so close to that longitude line. And it is why Rune Gjeldnes called his November 2005 - February 2006 Antarctica "crossing" "The Longest March", and the reason why he and Mike Horn (December 2016 - February 2017 Antarctica "crossing") both went on a lengthy radio silence - to move their gear from the south to the north, as they both started their journies from Cape Town, South Africa. My map is correct.

Glory to God.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2020, 09:05:47 PM by greenolive »

Offline Tom Bishop

• Flat Earth Believer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2020, 03:55:45 AM »
I adjusted the colors to purple and white because the original colors were light yellow on white and difficult to see.

I haven't said anything about the sizes of continents. That's an argument made on a different website. South America and Africa being larger than normally depicted might be believable. Just take a look at South America and Africa on the Peters Projection, which is supposedly more accurate in the area of landmasses.

« Last Edit: May 30, 2020, 04:49:49 AM by Tom Bishop »

« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2020, 08:44:39 PM »
He was doing the same thing with his ramblings as you are doing on here - everything you can to get this to go away.

As a dyed-in-the-wool Globey, there may be little that Tom and I would agree on (on this Forum anyway, I assume he's kind to animals) but I think greenolive's comment is a little harsh.  Far from "... getting this to go away..." Tom started a new thread to disseminate the hypothesis and encourage discussion.  The diagram which he later found and posted, retouched or not, has given me a far better idea of greenolive's concept than several pages of his eloquent, but rather wordy, dialogue. 

I do also have a question for greenolive; is the resemblance to the Brazilian flag just coincidental, or is the flag actually based on the same concept of Creation?  I ask this with regard to GoldCashew's comments about the flag referencing emperors, stars, etc.