« Reply #120 on: December 07, 2013, 09:56:30 PM »
I find his reasoning quite circular.
The Mastery.

Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: What Religion are you?
« Reply #121 on: December 07, 2013, 09:57:32 PM »
Incidentally, racially, Jews are like Hispanics, in the sense that they can be white (like Costa Ricans), brown (like most Mexicans), or black (like many Cubans).

That's probably because Judaism is a religion, not a race. How many times do I have to tell people this? Why does so much of the world think Jews are a race?

Yaakov ben Avraham

« Reply #122 on: December 07, 2013, 09:59:20 PM »
I understand your point. But, in reality, the book was inspired by God. Even Christians acknowledge that. Heck, even Muslims acknowledge that much, though they believe it has been superceded (although how 'forever' suddenly doesn't mean 'forever' is beyond me).  But, ignoring Torah, Jews still have a strong claim to the Land since the Arabs interloped on the area.

Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: December 07, 2013, 10:01:51 PM »
I understand your point. But, in reality, the book was inspired by God. Even Christians acknowledge that. Heck, even Muslims acknowledge that much, though they believe it has been superceded (although how 'forever' suddenly doesn't mean 'forever' is beyond me).  But, ignoring Torah, Jews still have a strong claim to the Land since the Arabs interloped on the area.

No, the book was made up by humans. Writing a book and then telling other humans the book commands you to give me your land is horrid logic.

Yaakov ben Avraham

« Reply #124 on: December 07, 2013, 10:04:13 PM »
I never said Jews were a race. Neither are Hispanics. Both are ethnic groups which cross racial barriers. Judaism is a religion practiced by the Jewish ethnic group. As I said above, any Jew, & most Gentiles, will tell you that Jews are an ethnic group.

Yaakov ben Avraham

« Reply #125 on: December 07, 2013, 10:08:53 PM »
Even ignoring Torah, Canaanites don't exist any more, so the Jews qualify as the original inhabitants. Ergo, the Arabs must go.

Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: December 07, 2013, 11:15:29 PM »
Even ignoring Torah, Canaanites don't exist any more, so the Jews qualify as the original inhabitants. Ergo, the Arabs must go.

Original inhabitants are irrelevant. The Jews simply want what isn't theirs anymore. The whole world tolerates Israel's violent shenanigans for no good reason.

Yaakov ben Avraham

« Reply #127 on: December 07, 2013, 11:31:01 PM »
By that argument, what happened to the Natives of Australia was a good thing. & the Natives here should pack up & leave too. Well, Israel has God on its side. 'I shall bless those who bless you, & curse those who curse you', says the Scripture. & we have seen that to be the case. Its like the old Jewish joke: 'They tried to kill us, we won, lets eat.' It has always been thus. The nations who tried to destroy us are in the dustbin of history. We are victorious. Thus it has been, is, & always will be. End of speech.

Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: December 07, 2013, 11:34:53 PM »
By that argument, what happened to the Natives of Australia was a good thing. & the Natives here should pack up & leave too. Well, Israel has God on its side.

So does the Middle East. I don't know if anyone has told you, but there are multiple religions. Everyone has a god on their side.

'I shall bless those who bless you, & curse those who curse you', says the Scripture. & we have seen that to be the case. Its like the old Jewish joke: 'They tried to kill us, we won, lets eat.' It has always been thus. The nations who tried to destroy us are in the dustbin of history. We are victorious. Thus it has been, is, & always will be. End of speech.

The US is the only reason Israel hasn't been turned to rubble and no one in the US actually gives a shit about Israel. The US just wants that delicious, delicious oil that Israel is surrounded with.

Yaakov ben Avraham

« Reply #129 on: December 07, 2013, 11:47:55 PM »
& notice, Israel doesn't have any oil for export. They produce enough for their own consumption. So the US isn't getting anything on that deal. & given that Israel is the only democracy in the Middle East, & the only country where you don't get stoned for disagreeing w/ the State, I'd say its more about knowing America's true friends (Israel) from so-called 'allies' who directly or indirectly support terrorism (most of the other nations in the region). & I take you back to 'I will bless those who bless you...' Enough Christians & Jews here believe those words to make that a primary motive for supporting Israel. To quote Yul Bryner, 'So let it be written, so let it be done!'

Offline beardo

• View Profile
« Reply #130 on: December 07, 2013, 11:49:29 PM »
Well, I'd take a bunch of Jews over a bunch of Muslims any day.
The Mastery.

Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: December 07, 2013, 11:53:57 PM »
& notice, Israel doesn't have any oil for export. They produce enough for their own consumption. So the US isn't getting anything on that deal. & given that Israel is the only democracy in the Middle East, & the only country where you don't get stoned for disagreeing w/ the State, I'd say its more about knowing America's true friends (Israel) from so-called 'allies' who directly or indirectly support terrorism (most of the other nations in the region). & I take you back to 'I will bless those who bless you...' Enough Christians & Jews here believe those words to make that a primary motive for supporting Israel. To quote Yul Bryner, 'So let it be written, so let it be done!'

I didn't say the oil is from Israel. Israel is the United States' foothold in the Middle East. It's a thoroughfare country used for our benefit. If the Middle East were ever to fall to the Chinese (Like Iran) then we would have to back out, resulting in Israel's inevitable destruction. Israel exists because the most powerful country in the world wants it to, there are no gods involved.

I don't see the difference between them.

Offline beardo

• View Profile
« Reply #132 on: December 07, 2013, 11:59:24 PM »

I don't see the difference between them.
one of them don't stone their daughters for having sex outside of marriage.
The Mastery.

Yaakov ben Avraham

« Reply #133 on: December 08, 2013, 12:01:48 AM »
I'm not going to get into whether God is involved or not. That's a topic that we could bat around all night. I've made my beliefs clear. But, if Israel were helping us in our obtaining oil, Californians wouldn't be paying 5 bucks a gallon for gas. No, we're not there for oil. We are there for the reasons I mentioned. & the difference between a Jew & a camel jockey is that the latter likes to blow shit up.

Rama Set

« Reply #134 on: December 08, 2013, 12:17:38 AM »
Yeah the Israelis just fly helicopter gunships in to 3rd world ghettos because God said they should

Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #135 on: December 08, 2013, 01:12:50 AM »
one of them don't stone their daughters for having sex outside of marriage.

You're confusing cultural extremism with religion.

I'm not going to get into whether God is involved or not. That's a topic that we could bat around all night. I've made my beliefs clear. But, if Israel were helping us in our obtaining oil, Californians wouldn't be paying 5 bucks a gallon for gas. No, we're not there for oil. We are there for the reasons I mentioned. & the difference between a Jew & a camel jockey is that the latter likes to blow shit up.

Your reasoning doesn't even make sense, I think your personal bias is clouding you judgement.

Yaakov ben Avraham

« Reply #136 on: December 08, 2013, 02:05:21 AM »
Rama, if someone was firing rockets @ your Southern cities, you would take out the rockets. The fact that Hamas puts them in the middle of civilians is their problem, not ours. Besides, 1 less Arab is 1 less potential suicide bomber. &, to be blunt, when their ancestors were savaging each other in brutal blood feuds (& this applies to Europeans too), mine were Priests in the Temple of Solomon.

Rama Set

« Reply #137 on: December 08, 2013, 02:48:16 AM »
Lol!  And you guys were committing genocide before we were what's your point?

Man, Gentile might not be a racist word, but you certainly are a racist.

Yaakov ben Avraham

« Reply #138 on: December 08, 2013, 02:54:32 AM »
Hmm, well, its a point of view.

Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: December 08, 2013, 02:57:55 AM »
Hmm, well, its a point of view.

You're being very selective about which points you view, that's for certain.