Offline Roundy

• Abdicator of the Zetetic Council
    • View Profile
Putin pulling the strings of Republicans
« on: March 07, 2022, 12:21:19 PM »
https://www.washingtonpost.com/media/2022/03/06/putin-information-war-trump/

Well Action80 and Tom, keep doing what you're doing. It's exactly what Putin wants. It must be comforting letting others tell you what to do and think, rather than trying to do so on your own (I know, thinking for yourself is HARD, who has the energy)?

You're still puppets. It's just that now instead of the Right pulling your strings it's your beloved comrades in Mother Russia!
« Last Edit: March 07, 2022, 12:25:58 PM by Roundy »
Dr. Frank is a physicist. He says it's impossible. So it's impossible.
My friends, please remember Tom said this the next time you fall into the trap of engaging him, and thank you. :)

Offline Action80

• View Profile
Re: Putin pulling the strings of Republicans
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2022, 12:44:35 PM »
https://www.washingtonpost.com/media/2022/03/06/putin-information-war-trump/

Well Action80 and Tom, keep doing what you're doing. It's exactly what Putin wants. It must be comforting letting others tell you what to do and think, rather than trying to do so on your own (I know, thinking for yourself is HARD, who has the energy)?

You're still puppets. It's just that now instead of the Right pulling your strings it's your beloved comrades in Mother Russia!
Did Bezos remember to send you the check on Friday?

I'm only asking because that fucker forgot to send me mine.

Do me a favor and let him know, will ya?
« Last Edit: March 07, 2022, 12:54:44 PM by Action80 »
To be honest I am getting pretty bored of this place.

Offline crutonius

• Just a regular guy. No funny business here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2022, 03:43:02 PM »
To be fair I only hear this rhetoric from the QAnon branch of the Republican party.  Almost all Republican leadership strongly backs Ukraine.  I'm looking at the front page of Fox News and it is coming down way harder on Putin than it is on Biden.  And if Fox News is hammering anyone harder than Biden then that's really saying something.

It is possible that that'll change in the same way that "normal" Republicans adopted the positions of the insane Republicans.

Offline Tom Bishop

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Flat Earth Believer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2022, 07:16:06 PM »
I think you mentioned me in this thread because I posted several times in messages and memes that I didn't care.

Did you have a rebuttal for me for why I should care?

Rama Set

« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2022, 08:02:11 PM »
I think you mentioned me in this thread because I posted several times in messages and memes that I didn't care.

Have you considered that shelling civilians is bad?

Offline Tom Bishop

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Flat Earth Believer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2022, 10:11:47 PM »

Yeah, I can cite several recent wars in Africa in which civilians died. I didn't see many people in the western liberal sphere waving flags for them, changing their profile pics on Twitter and Facebook, or making a big fuss about it. I didn't really care much about that either, to be honest. I don't see any reason to care about this more than other world conflicts.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2022, 10:32:39 PM by Tom Bishop »

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2022, 10:41:40 PM »

Yeah, I can cite several recent wars in Africa in which civilians died. I didn't see many people in the western liberal sphere waving flags for them, changing their profile pics on Twitter and Facebook, or making a big fuss about it. I didn't really care much about that either, to be honest. I don't see any reason to care about this more than other world conflicts.

Because you're paying more for gas because of it while the african wars have no economic impact to you.
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

Offline Iceman

• where there's smoke there's wires
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2022, 10:44:35 PM »
And in Asia as well, Azerbaijan a few years back and currently in Myanmar.

I’m not sure how that devalues peoples’ outrage over what’s happening in Ukraine.

Especially in the west, as Russia has been the boogeyman for the last 75 years. The media adds some sensationalism, but this is a world superpower undertaking forceful expansion of a sovereign country. It’s #kindofabigdeal

Offline Dr Van Nostrand

• There may be something to this 'Matrix' stuff...
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2022, 10:45:15 PM »
I don't see any reason to care about this more than other world conflicts.

Because Russia is run by an autocrat who holds the keys to one of the largest nuclear arsenals on this planet?

I guess if you really believe that Putin is a nice guy who wants the best for the people of this nation, then I can understand why you don't care.
Round Earther patiently looking for a better deal...

If the world is flat, it means that I have been deceived by a global, multi-generational conspiracy spending trillions of dollars over hundreds of years.
If the world is round, it means that you’re just an idiot who believes stupid crap on the internet.

Offline Tom Bishop

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Flat Earth Believer
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2022, 01:30:57 AM »

Because you're paying more for gas because of it while the african wars have no economic impact to you.

I am fairly sure that the price has increased because people care too much about this, issuing sanctions, after which Russia issues sanctions in response. If people did not care, the gas pump prices would be unaffected as they are during other non-cared about conflicts in the world. Therefore this gas issue is completely manufactured and not caring is the correct course of action.

Especially in the west, as Russia has been the boogeyman for the last 75 years. The media adds some sensationalism, but this is a world superpower undertaking forceful expansion of a sovereign country. It’s #kindofabigdeal

Like other superpowers like America or China have never invaded another country to install their own regime before.  ::)

Rama Set

« Reply #10 on: March 08, 2022, 02:45:15 AM »

You never asked why you should care more than other conflicts, you asked why you should care, full stop. It’s too bad that wars don’t really concern you. It’s your world too.

Rama Set

« Reply #11 on: March 08, 2022, 02:48:14 AM »

I am fairly sure that the price has increased because people care too much about this, issuing sanctions, after which Russia issues sanctions in response. If people did not care, the gas pump prices would be unaffected as they are during other non-cared about conflicts in the world. Therefore this gas issue is completely manufactured and not caring is the correct course of action.

Like other superpowers like America or China have never invaded another country to install their own regime before.  ::)

Look at that. You’re justifying your choice because the same action has been undertaken before. Remember getting mad because you thought Roundy was doing this?

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 08, 2022, 05:51:09 AM »

You're half right.
Russian oil is not being sanctioned, so thats not it.
What it is, is oil investors (so not you) who fear a supply disruption and therefore buy oil futures at a higher price.
This has been going on since the military buildup.

So if people who invest in oil didn't care about a potential supply disruption from Russia, the prices wouldn't change.

They do, so they did.
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

Offline Action80

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 08, 2022, 09:41:31 AM »
It’s too bad that wars don’t really concern you. It’s your world too.
When can we expect to see your written condemnation of Fidel Turdeau's open funding of NEO-NAZI militias in Ukraine?

Offline AATW

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 08, 2022, 09:42:07 AM »
One might wish to consider what it says about a person if you have to explain to them why they should care about a war and innocent civilians being killed.
Tom: "Claiming incredulity is a pretty bad argument. Calling it "insane" or "ridiculous" is not a good argument at all."

TFES Wiki Occam's Razor page, by Tom: "What's the simplest explanation; that NASA has successfully designed and invented never before seen rocket technologies from scratch which can accelerate 100 tons of matter to an escape velocity of 7 miles per second"

Rama Set

« Reply #15 on: March 08, 2022, 10:02:42 AM »
It’s too bad that wars don’t really concern you. It’s your world too.
When can we expect to see your written condemnation of Fidel Turdeau's open funding of NEO-NAZI militias in Ukraine?

Primary source?

Offline Action80

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 08, 2022, 11:41:38 AM »
Why would you need a source to state your opposition to such funding? You wouldn't be opposed?

"Over the last two weeks, Canada has sent Ukraine machine guns, carbines and handguns, along with 15 million rounds of ammunition. It has promised 4,500 M72 rocket launchers, up to 7,500 hand grenades and 100 Carl-Gustaf M2 anti-tank weapons, along with 2,000 rounds of ammunition."

You don't think NAZI's are using these, evidently.

"the Azov Battalion, founded by an avowed white supremacist who claimed Ukraine’s national purpose was to rid the country of Jews and other inferior races. In 2018, the U.S. Congress stipulated that its aid to Ukraine couldn’t be used “to provide arms, training or other assistance to the Azov Battalion.” Even so, Azov is now an official member of the Ukraine National Guard."

You and your beloved Fuhrer are really quite the couple!

But, you can rest easy in the comforting arms of all the rest of your SIEG HEIL buddies here, heartily hosted and welcomed by the Kaiser Parsifal.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2022, 12:18:40 PM by Action80 »

Offline Action80

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 08, 2022, 12:21:09 PM »
innocent civilians being killed.
So, the pro-NAZI west media says that NAZI's who are killed happen to be innocent?

I find that utterly shocking and unbelievable! [/sarcasm]

Offline AATW

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 08, 2022, 12:33:51 PM »
So, the pro-NAZI west media says that NAZI's who are killed happen to be innocent?
I have a colleague who is Ukrainian and has spent much of the last couple of weeks trying to help friends and family who are fleeing in to Poland.
I'm pretty sure that neither my colleague nor his family are Nazis.
Tom: "Claiming incredulity is a pretty bad argument. Calling it "insane" or "ridiculous" is not a good argument at all."

TFES Wiki Occam's Razor page, by Tom: "What's the simplest explanation; that NASA has successfully designed and invented never before seen rocket technologies from scratch which can accelerate 100 tons of matter to an escape velocity of 7 miles per second"

Offline Action80

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 08, 2022, 01:47:22 PM »
I have a colleague who is Ukrainian and has spent much of the last couple of weeks trying to help friends and family who are fleeing in to Poland.
I'm pretty sure that neither my colleague nor his family are Nazis.
Well, if you're "pretty sure," I can sleep in confidence knowing the exact opposite is certain to be true.