Offline markjo

• Zetetic Council runner-up
    • View Profile
Re: New Phone or Fix old one- advice request
« Reply #20 on: May 28, 2019, 05:25:57 PM »
5G might not happen.

Turns out 5G runs in the 24Ghz range. And weather satellites happen to run at 23.8GHz.
Actually, 5G runs the current LTE spectrum (600MHz - 6GHz) as well as the 24 - 86GHz band.  The way I see it, all they need to do is bump the low end from 24GHz to 25GHz or so to provide enough side band room to avoid water vapor measurements.  Still probably a hard sell, but it seems like an easy enough solution.  It's not like the mm frequencies are going to work indoors anyway.

Also: https://www.rfsafe.com/5g-network-uses-nearly-same-frequency-as-weaponized-crowd-control-systems/
« Last Edit: May 28, 2019, 05:28:46 PM by markjo »
Abandon hope all ye who press enter here.

Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.

Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge. -- Charles Darwin

If you can't demonstrate it, then you shouldn't believe it.

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 28, 2019, 08:11:46 PM »
I like how Thork thinks meteorologists will prevail over corporate greed and corrupt governments.

You don't think the DoD can trump Apple?
Do you think Trump will allow America to back down from technological superiority?
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

Rama Set

« Reply #22 on: May 28, 2019, 08:15:59 PM »
Yes.

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 28, 2019, 08:31:22 PM »
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

Rama Set

« Reply #24 on: May 28, 2019, 08:37:35 PM »
Don’t get me wrong, I think he will allow it because he isn’t competent enough to guide this on his own and will listen to a General because someone will tell him it’s good for his popularity.

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 28, 2019, 08:57:58 PM »
Don’t get me wrong, I think he will allow it because he isn’t competent enough to guide this on his own and will listen to a General because someone will tell him it’s good for his popularity.

Ah but then other people (like Verizon, Apple, ect...) Will tell him how its safe and fine and we gotta beat the chineese.  Otherwise they'll win and his ban on Huawei will be for nothing.

Then someone needs to say "But then we can't predict good goof weather" and that'll end 5G.

Offline Dr David Thork

• https://onlyfans.com/thork
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 29, 2019, 10:48:02 AM »
I like how Thork thinks meteorologists will prevail over corporate greed and corrupt governments.
You don't think meteorologists make money literally selling predictions that don't even have to be correct?

It's the best racket on earth.

You can literally get it completely wrong and no one sues you, no matter how wrong, how dangerous, how much damage, how many people weren't evacuated and how negligent you were. You just charge people for a new weather forecast the next day.

They sell to all the TV networks, app devs, military, aviation, shipping ... its a frickin' gold mine.
Rate this post.      👍 6     👎 1

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 29, 2019, 11:45:06 AM »
You don't think meteorologists make money literally selling predictions that don't even have to be correct?

It's the best racket on earth.

You can literally get it completely wrong and no one sues you, no matter how wrong, how dangerous, how much damage, how many people weren't evacuated and how negligent you were. You just charge people for a new weather forecast the next day.

They sell to all the TV networks, app devs, military, aviation, shipping ... its a frickin' gold mine.

If it doesn't matter if its right, why does it matter if their sattelites get interferance?

Offline Dr David Thork

• https://onlyfans.com/thork
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 29, 2019, 12:25:06 PM »
They will see 'water vapour' everywhere. The forecast is going to be rain all day everywhere on earth forever.

I think even you could understand why that might be undesirable.
Rate this post.      👍 6     👎 1

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 29, 2019, 07:00:24 PM »
They will see 'water vapour' everywhere. The forecast is going to be rain all day everywhere on earth forever.

I think even you could understand why that might be undesirable.
The UK won't notice.