Offline Roundy

• Abdicator of the Zetetic Council
    • View Profile
Re: Trump
« Reply #1000 on: March 21, 2017, 11:08:17 PM »
I feel like you guys must constantly be really bored to continue engaging TTIOH as much as you are.
Dr. Frank is a physicist. He says it's impossible. So it's impossible.
My friends, please remember Tom said this the next time you fall into the trap of engaging him, and thank you. :)

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1001 on: March 22, 2017, 05:27:23 AM »
I feel like you guys must constantly be really bored to continue engaging TTIOH as much as you are.

Don't know about everyone else but I'm just too stupid to stop.
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

Rama Set

« Reply #1002 on: March 22, 2017, 01:16:18 PM »
Better than Heiwa... Or Tom for that matter.

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

« Reply #1004 on: March 22, 2017, 06:23:57 PM »

Would you guys rather be engaged or are you trying to setup one of those, what's it called again, safe spaces?

Offline crutonius

• Just a regular guy. No funny business here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1005 on: March 22, 2017, 07:14:22 PM »

Would you guys rather be engaged or are you trying to setup one of those, what's it called again, safe spaces?

By all means keep fighting the good fight.  Trump supporters are fast becoming an endangered species.

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1006 on: March 22, 2017, 07:35:10 PM »

The issue isn't engagement.  We can debate points and opinions.  The issue is when you totally ignore facts or act like suspicion is proof.

And please, don't talk about safe spaces when the other side is just as guilty of being scared little snowflakes.

« Reply #1007 on: March 22, 2017, 08:50:30 PM »

What's the definition of a safe space? A place that doesn't allow opposing view points?

vi. This is a forum for supporters of Trump ONLY
-- /r/The_Donald, Rules

« Reply #1008 on: March 22, 2017, 09:45:40 PM »
http://www.urban.org/research/publication/who-gains-and-who-loses-under-american-health-care-act

Congress is currently considering passage of the American Health Care Act (AHCA). This bill would repeal large portions of the Affordable Care Act, including most of its sources of revenue, and would introduce significant changes to the Medicaid program and the private nongroup insurance market. We use the Urban-Brookings Tax Policy Center Microsimulation Model and The Urban Institute Health Policy Center’s Health Insurance Policy Simulation Model (HIPSM) to allocate changes in taxes and federal health benefits across families grouped by income. We find that the AHCA’s changes to federal taxes and health care benefits would be very regressive: that is, taking both tax reductions and benefit reductions into account, the average high-income family would be significantly better off and the average low-income family would be significantly worse off under the AHCA.

whoops
I have visited from prestigious research institutions of the highest caliber, to which only our administrator holds with confidence.

« Reply #1009 on: March 22, 2017, 10:21:34 PM »
The issue is when you totally ignore facts or act like suspicion is proof.

By all means keep fighting the good fight.  Trump supporters are fast becoming an endangered species.

Yes, its very dangerous to be a Trump supporter now a days. Not just because the acts of violence perpetrated against us, more common is the ostracization as a nazi-fascist-racist if you show anything besides absolute compliance with radical leftist ideology.

I do this on Facebook as well, in blue city in a blue state. Imagine how fun that is.

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1010 on: March 23, 2017, 02:01:48 PM »
The issue is when you totally ignore facts or act like suspicion is proof.
(image of pot calling kettle black)

Oh I listened to your "facts" then promptly debunked them.

« Reply #1013 on: March 23, 2017, 04:50:34 PM »
Time just released an interview with Trump. Read the entire thing and tell me he does not sound like a crazy person.

« Reply #1014 on: March 23, 2017, 05:08:37 PM »
"There is more than circumstantial evidence now [of collusion with the Russians]" -- Rep Adam Schiff D-CA, member of the House Intelligence Committee

Not giving MSNBC a view, can you describe the evidence?

Details weren't revealed, presumably because it is classified. He is part of the House Intelligence Committee, so he has access to classified info regarding the investigation. Monday Sunday, Schiff stated "there is circumstantial evidence of collusion. There is direct evidence of deception." Yesterday, he revealed that the evidence of collusion was now "more than circumstantial."

[speaking about evidence of Trump/Russia collusion]
Interviewer: "You admit that all you have right now is a circumstantial case?"
Schiff: "Actually, no Chuck, I can tell you that the case is more than that and I can't go into the particulars, but there is more than circumstantial evidence now so..."
Interviewer: "So you have seen direct evidence of collusion?"
Schiff: "I don't want to go into specifics, but I will say that there is evidence that is not circumstantial, and is very much worthy of investigation, so that is what we ought to do..."
« Last Edit: March 23, 2017, 05:15:14 PM by TotesNotReptilian »

Offline Roundy

• View Profile
« Reply #1015 on: March 23, 2017, 06:15:16 PM »
Time just released an interview with Trump. Read the entire thing and tell me he does not sound like a crazy person.

To be fair they seem to have used the common trick of stating exactly what he said, rather than editing out the verbal tics and hesitations and stuff like is normally done in journalism to make it easier to read, the purpose of which is unquestionably to make him look dumber.

That being said he's clearly absolutely insane.
My friends, please remember Tom said this the next time you fall into the trap of engaging him, and thank you. :)

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1016 on: March 23, 2017, 06:15:43 PM »
"There is more than circumstantial evidence now [of collusion with the Russians]" -- Rep Adam Schiff D-CA, member of the House Intelligence Committee

Not giving MSNBC a view, can you describe the evidence?
Why?  What are you afraid of?

Yeah, heard about that, Totes.
I also heard that the Republican head of the HIC, when he found out, went to Trump first, then held a press conference.

That sounds really fishy.  I mean, he says he's doing his job but if we apply Truth's logic here, then not only is this a setup but he gave Trump detailed information in the hopes that Trump can figure out how to deflect and eliminate it before it becomes public.

But I don't subscribe to that.  Still, he should share that info with his peers.

« Reply #1017 on: March 23, 2017, 06:44:51 PM »
I do this on Facebook as well, in blue city in a blue state. Imagine how fun that is.

i live in a place where some indian guy was shot to death in a bar because he kinda has the same skin color as arabs.  imagine how fun that was for all the other indian people who live in my town anyone in kansas city who isn't white.

not saying you deserve to be insulted for your political beliefs, don't get me wrong.  but for real i work with a shitload of indian people.  many of them are genuinely fearful about going to bars and other public spaces in kc.  'cause motherfuckers are dropping engineers in bars for being too not-born-where-i-was-born.
I have visited from prestigious research institutions of the highest caliber, to which only our administrator holds with confidence.

Online honk

• resident goose
    • View Profile
« Reply #1018 on: March 23, 2017, 10:35:24 PM »

To be fair they seem to have used the common trick of stating exactly what he said, rather than editing out the verbal tics and hesitations and stuff like is normally done in journalism to make it easier to read, the purpose of which is unquestionably to make him look dumber.

I don't see any verbal tics or hesitations included in the transcript. This is just the way that Trump talks, which has always been a key part of his brand. It carries the advantage of sounding endearing and honest when spoken (at least to his supporters), and the disadvantage of sounding like gibberish when written down.
ur retartet but u donut even no it and i walnut tell u y

Offline Roundy

• View Profile
« Reply #1019 on: March 24, 2017, 02:04:41 AM »

I don't see any verbal tics or hesitations included in the transcript. This is just the way that Trump talks, which has always been a key part of his brand. It carries the advantage of sounding endearing and honest when spoken (at least to his supporters), and the disadvantage of sounding like gibberish when written down.

I can't help but disagree.  Obviously he tends to meander when he's speaking, and that's not what I'm talking about.  Perhaps I expressed it wrong but this line from early on:
But there will be, we are forming a committee.

I can't help but think if it was Obama they would have shortened it to "But we are forming a committee".  Everybody talks in a way that doesn't look good to some degree in print, and except in cases when they are trying to make the interviewees look like idiots a journalist will clean it up for the sake of clarity and aesthetics.  Otherwise most newspaper articles featuring man-on-the-street interviews would be as unreadable as this.  I see no reason to think this interview was cleaned up in such a way.

Now obviously the whole purpose of the article is to focus on the ways Trump manipulates or distorts facts to the extent that they come out as outright lies, and I suppose this kind of on-the-fly restructuring of a statement could be seen as an example of that.  I still can't help but think that the way Trump is presented is to some degree the verbal version of this Time Magazine cover from 1994 featuring OJ Simpson, which despite its stated justification is almost universally seen as an attempt to instantly create a negative impression of him.

You know.  For the propaganda.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2017, 02:06:40 AM by Roundy »