Re: I'd like to consult you about something
« Reply #20 on: June 25, 2019, 05:28:00 PM »
<<<<<<I can give you an example to help you understand why a cube looks like a circle from a distance.
All you have to do is look at a distant cube from a mountaintop,or somewhere else. in proportion to the size of the cube I gave you.
If what you see is not a circle, or it may not be as big as the sun or moon you see on the ground.then I am happy to admit that I am wrong and you are right.

The cube has length, width and height of 51, or 49.Look at it at a distance of 42,000.According to this ratio.

Proponent I think it isn't so difficult to reproduce what you're saying at home (or in your garden). If you could also do a small showcase of the perspective of shadows, it would be really really great. REs are boring people and lazy asses, so unfortunately it's up to you to put forward the experiments. But those being good, I'm sure they'll be included in the wiki.
Thank you, but I am not able to do these simple experiments myself for some reasons.
So I want people to be a little bit more patient if you actually try to verify what I said about the cube experiment.People can go from the smaller and closer case to the bigger and farther case.Then compare whether or not they appear in the gradient case to fully verify the matter.

My sole purpose in coming to this site is to provide people who are trying to verify the world situation for themselves with some information that I can paraphrase to help them achieve their goals faster.
And if someone does these experiments, I'll know if the world I see in that book is exactly right.Although I believe it is correct, I haven't been able to verify it myself.
thanks.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2019, 05:29:44 PM by proponent »

Offline Tumeni

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 26, 2019, 05:37:41 AM »
My sole purpose in coming to this site is to provide people who are trying to verify the world situation for themselves with some information that I can paraphrase to help them achieve their goals faster.

What reason(s) can you provide for people to use your paraphrased information? All you have attracted here is bewilderment at what you're trying to say, or disagreement with what you say.

What qualifications do you have to set yourself up as a reference source?
=============================
Not Flat. Happy to prove this, if you ask me.
=============================

Nearly all flat earthers agree the earth is not a globe.

Nearly?

« Reply #22 on: June 26, 2019, 04:33:26 PM »

What reason(s) can you provide for people to use your paraphrased information? All you have attracted here is bewilderment at what you're trying to say, or disagreement with what you say.

What qualifications do you have to set yourself up as a reference source?
<<<<<<This part is none of your business, is it?Because if you don't use it as a reference to explore.
Also, do you think it hurts anyone to think and experiment with the information I give you about the information described in that book?
Maybe I should ask you, why do you question its qualification as only a reference?
No one can guarantee that they won't be confused when they explore something, so it makes perfect sense for me to give some Suggestions.They have the ability to think and judge independently and figure out the facts by themselves.I have no idea what you're worried about.I have nothing to lose if people ignore my advice. I have learned from that book what I can prove for myself.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2019, 04:38:38 PM by proponent »

« Reply #23 on: August 10, 2019, 10:56:40 PM »
I thought from a young age the earth is flat , spending many hours looking at old maps electrical and audio books I thought one day that we live on a dinner plate with North Pole in the centre with the sun and moon following like an AC Cycle around the outer edge of the dinner plate . When the sun rises and falls the arc is very small .
Spending much time in Florida a while back and contacting friends in the uk !! You soon work out how does the sun bend around the ball !! It’s impossible

Online AATW

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 13, 2019, 07:15:18 PM »
Spending much time in Florida a while back and contacting friends in the uk !! You soon work out how does the sun bend around the ball !! It’s impossible
Can you elaborate on this?
The sun doesn’t “bend around the ball”, the balk rotates on it’s axis and orbits the sun.
What makes you think this is impossible?
Tom: "Claiming incredulity is a pretty bad argument. Calling it "insane" or "ridiculous" is not a good argument at all."

TFES Wiki Occam's Razor page, by Tom: "What's the simplest explanation; that NASA has successfully designed and invented never before seen rocket technologies from scratch which can accelerate 100 tons of matter to an escape velocity of 7 miles per second"

Offline somerled

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 14, 2019, 10:00:00 AM »
Beautiful photos of sunsets .

If the sun is disappearing beneath the horizon shouldn't we observe this upward casting of shadow on all objects when conditions allow ? I've never seen this - only with mountains .

We know sunlight is refracted down through denser parts of the atmosphere . We also know that during sunset the angle of incidence reduces - there will be a point where the sunlight will reflect upwards ( critical angle if I recall correctly ).This could cause those shadows underneath those clouds . The densest moisture laden air occurs from sea level up to 30m  . Anything below that 30m boundary , or whatever altitude that reflection occurs at , will not cast an upward shadow . Maybe that,s why we see this phenomenon only with mountains .

This attempt at an explanation fits FE , not saying it precludes GE theory but it shows that upward shadows of mountains does not preclude FE .

Online AATW

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 14, 2019, 10:04:32 AM »
This attempt at an explanation fits FE , not saying it precludes GE theory but it shows that upward shadows of mountains does not preclude FE .
Could you show a diagram indicating how you think a sun 3,000 miles above the surface of a flat earth (or however high you think it is, I know that FE theories vary on this point) can cast a shadow pointing upwards like a mountain on to clouds? I'd like to see what you think the path of the light rays is.
Tom: "Claiming incredulity is a pretty bad argument. Calling it "insane" or "ridiculous" is not a good argument at all."

TFES Wiki Occam's Razor page, by Tom: "What's the simplest explanation; that NASA has successfully designed and invented never before seen rocket technologies from scratch which can accelerate 100 tons of matter to an escape velocity of 7 miles per second"

totallackey

« Reply #27 on: August 14, 2019, 12:55:04 PM »
Could you show a diagram indicating how you think a sun 3,000 miles above the surface of a flat earth (or however high you think it is, I know that FE theories vary on this point) can cast a shadow pointing upwards like a mountain on to clouds? I'd like to see what you think the path of the light rays is.
The shadow cast by mountain peaks on the underside of clouds is explained by the sun's rays being reflected of the surface of the earth.

The area around Rainier is full of snow, ice, and water, depending on the time of year.

Offline somerled

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 14, 2019, 12:59:41 PM »
I don't know the height or size of the sun . It is in constant motion . I believe it does not travel parallel to the plane of earth .
You quote 3000 mls height -why ? The sun is low at the horizon - the height of it does not matter - the angle of incidence depends on the angle of the sun to the plane, not it's height . Think perspective . 

Offline somerled

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 14, 2019, 01:42:18 PM »
The shadow cast by mountain peaks on the underside of clouds is explained by the sun's rays being reflected of the surface of the earth.

The area around Rainier is full of snow, ice, and water, depending on the time of year.

Yes very likely . Surface of earth is mostly water too . Might be just reflection . Would be interesting to see what time of year and from what location these photos are taken.

Offline stack

• View Profile
« Reply #30 on: August 14, 2019, 07:03:22 PM »
I don't know the height or size of the sun . It is in constant motion . I believe it does not travel parallel to the plane of earth .
You quote 3000 mls height -why ? The sun is low at the horizon - the height of it does not matter - the angle of incidence depends on the angle of the sun to the plane, not it's height . Think perspective .

The 3000 mile high, 32 mile wide sun is the most commonly cited distance/size of the FE sun.

Perspective would show the sun shrinking as it recedes from the observer like all things do that receded from an observer. We don't observe the sun shrinking. And as for the angle of incidence getting what many claim is a 3000 mile high sun down to the horizon would put the sun 10's of thousands of miles away from the observer. My sun at sunset is generally high above a place on earth about 6500 miles away.

newhorizons

« Reply #31 on: August 14, 2019, 08:13:20 PM »
We cannot measure directly either the distance or the size of the real Sun. But we can measure the size of a reflected image of the Sun from a mirror and the distance from the mirror to the image it produces. The attached link describes a simple experiment which uses such a method and a simple mathematical relationship that will give us the true distance and size of the Sun.

There are four variables involved. Two (d and l) can be measured directly. Of the other two, L is stated by RE as 149,000,000km while FE claim it is only 4828km. That just leaves D which is the true diameter of the Sun.  So clearly by knowing through direct measurement l and d cannot be disputed. It is a form of ratio so if the question will only work if the values of all the variables involved are correct. Try it yourself!

https://earthsky.org/earth/you-can-measure-the-sun
« Last Edit: August 14, 2019, 08:49:44 PM by newhorizons »