Re: How is a lunar eclipse explained on the Flat Earth?
« Reply #20 on: November 02, 2016, 01:40:03 PM »
no matter how high you go you see this same exact thing. But you can see further away the higher you get...
Not true, I took a photo from 24218 meters altitude that shows curvature.

I've challenged people here to do the same. It's literally a $100-$200 operation, I'm sure you can get together and do the same.
may I see this photo please? Why aren't there more of them? ddid you use fish eye lens?

Sure, I posted it here: http://forum.tfes.org/index.php?topic=3406.msg97357#msg97357 - (And in various other threads concerning this matter)

I have plenty of photo's snapped from that altitude (and highger, up to 32 km), but you all usually rule them out as fake or "bad quality". I chose this picture, because it contains an artifact which were the result of a missed package in my stream (10mW @ ~432MHz resulting in a bandwith of ~28 bytes/second), sort of a way to prove that lower quality images still show clear results, and that live streaming isn't trivial if you don't have the appropriate licenses - This is an actual photo sent back while the balloon was still ascending.

Here's the technical specs of the camera: http://www.arducam.com/downloads/modules/RaspberryPi_camera/RaspberryPi_Mini_Camera_Module_DS.pdf

The reason that I haven't added more photo's is because people claim they are fake or "low quality" - So my next iteration of the camera module I'm assembling and the GPS tracker (yes, GPS, to locate the package when it ascends/descends/lands, which is on point every single time) will contain a Canon EOS700D, just without the camera housing. Before the launch, I'll do videos about the assembly etc. The reason for taking this camera apart and using it for additional photos is for the RAW images.

Surely nobody can complain about that.
Ignored by Intikam since 2016.

Offline Rounder

• What in the Sam Hill are you people talking about?
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 02, 2016, 01:54:21 PM »
So my next iteration of the camera module I'm assembling and the GPS tracker (yes, GPS, to locate the package when it ascends/descends/lands, which is on point every single time) will contain a Canon EOS700D, just without the camera housing. Before the launch, I'll do videos about the assembly etc. The reason for taking this camera apart and using it for additional photos is for the RAW images.
Nice!  I'm looking forward to seeing this!

Are you new here?
Proud member of İntikam's "Ignore List"
Ok. You proven you are unworthy to unignored. You proven it was a bad idea to unignore you. and it was for me a disgusting experience...Now you are going to place where you deserved and accustomed.
Quote from: SexWarrior
You accuse {FE} people of malice where incompetence suffice

« Reply #22 on: November 02, 2016, 01:58:06 PM »
So my next iteration of the camera module I'm assembling and the GPS tracker (yes, GPS, to locate the package when it ascends/descends/lands, which is on point every single time) will contain a Canon EOS700D, just without the camera housing. Before the launch, I'll do videos about the assembly etc. The reason for taking this camera apart and using it for additional photos is for the RAW images.
Nice!  I'm looking forward to seeing this!

Are you new here?
Haha, no, but you know... I'm aware nobody will complain about the RAW images, but most likely will complain about not supplying a continuous live stream from soldering to landing. Even so, they'll probably also complain about my pace, and they had to sleep during important parts of the process.

We'll see :)

« Reply #23 on: November 02, 2016, 07:53:54 PM »
Firstly, it would be nice to figure out how strong your understanding is of a lunar eclipse on a round earth. Please tell me what you believe to be causing a lunar eclipse in the presently accepted model, then we can delve into the logic behind it.

No, the topic is "How is a lunar eclipse explained on the Flat Earth?" Answer that! You pop up every so often, but never explain anything about Flat Earth.

The explanations about the Lunar Eclipse on the Globe Earth have been given plenty of times.

But you could take a look at Introductory Astronomy: The Celestial Sphere
Where you will find:

Diagram of lunar eclipse. Relative scale is correct!

I was asking his level of understanding about the present model just to know where to start.

So in that graphic you shared, the lunar eclipse would only ever be observed at night, and the sun would be completely on the other side of the Earth. How do you explain the many cases where a lunar eclipse has been observed with the sun still in the sky, sometimes referred to as a selenelion? You might say refraction, but refraction is about light, not shadows.

Either way, what scientific evidence is there that a lunar eclipse is the earth shadow? I'll wait.

Offline rabinoz

• Just look South at the Stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 02, 2016, 08:44:03 PM »
<< irrelevant >>

In case you can't read the OP is "Re: How is a lunar eclipse explained on the Flat Earth?"

The post in this link contains the only Flat Earth explanation I have seen Flat Earth General / Re: How does TFES explain. « Message by geckothegeek on October 28, 2016, 10:37:17 PM » and it simply does not work.

By the way refraction allows us to see the sun and moon while thay are each around 0.5° below the "geometric horizon". That fact is attested to by the length of day at equinox being a few minites longer than 12 hours.

But, please post some answers relevant to the OP!

« Reply #25 on: November 02, 2016, 08:51:00 PM »
<< irrelevant >>

<< Usual RE logic dictating that you must explain something that even they can not >>

To the OP... honestly, we may never know the truth about our world and our "solar system" if we keep on stacking assumptions upon assumptions instead of finding the right questions to ask, and the right experiments that have actual reproducible results. So far we have a lot of stuff that doesn't hold up to the scientific method accepted as dogma in the scientific community. The reason behind eclipses being one of those assumptions based on another assumption.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2016, 08:54:05 PM by TheTruthIsOnHere »

IdentfyThis

« Reply #26 on: November 02, 2016, 11:20:38 PM »
Ok one last question and I'm out. How about all the other videos that are from the same height than yours and some higher and some lower that shows a perfectly flat horizon?
The camera super stable just slowly spinning around showing a 360 degree view of the perfectly flat horizon?? what about those videos? There are quite a few of them ...

« Reply #27 on: November 02, 2016, 11:28:41 PM »
Ok one last question and I'm out. How about all the other videos that are from the same height than yours and some higher and some lower that shows a perfectly flat horizon?
The camera super stable just slowly spinning around showing a 360 degree view of the perfectly flat horizon?? what about those videos? There are quite a few of them ...
There are just as many videos showing curvature. Investigate the HAB community.

geckothegeek

« Reply #28 on: November 03, 2016, 02:24:23 AM »
Firstly, it would be nice to figure out how strong your understanding is of a lunar eclipse on a round earth. Please tell me what you believe to be causing a lunar eclipse in the presently accepted model, then we can delve into the logic behind it.o

The globular, or "round earth" , explanation of lunar and solar eclipses is really quite simple.
These are the facts, not just assumptions.
In a lunar eclipse, the earth comes between the sun and the moon.
In a solar eclipse, the moon comes between the earth and the sun.

Now, for the Nth time, please :  Explain the lunar eclipse on the flat earth
« Last Edit: November 03, 2016, 02:35:08 AM by geckothegeek »

geckothegeek

« Reply #29 on: November 03, 2016, 02:46:10 AM »
Firstly, it would be nice to figure out how strong your understanding is of a lunar eclipse on a round earth. Please tell me what you believe to be causing a lunar eclipse in the presently accepted model, then we can delve into the logic behind it.

What I have posted is simply what  I have read from FE sources on this website. If this information is not correct, please make corrections.
FE logic explanation would be appreciated.

I have been accused of being disruptive for posting the true facts, so I will refrain from doing so and refer you to a reliable source such as an astronomical observatory for a true explanation of a lunar eclipse.

I wasn't talking to you, I was talking to OP. I've long written off any of your posts as anything worth reading.

Do you consider my explanation of the lunar eclipse on the flat earth as anything worth reading ?

Offline rabinoz

• View Profile
« Reply #30 on: November 03, 2016, 07:23:16 AM »
<< irrelevant >>
<< Usual RE logic dictating that you must explain something that even they can not >>

To the OP... honestly, we may never know the truth about our world and our "solar system" if we keep on stacking assumptions upon assumptions instead of finding the right questions to ask, and the right experiments that have actual reproducible results. So far we have a lot of stuff that doesn't hold up to the scientific method accepted as dogma in the scientific community. The reason behind eclipses being one of those assumptions based on another assumption.

No, if you want a thread on the explanation for the lunar eclipse on the Globe earth, make your own thread on that topic.
The answers you get will be the same as it was around 2,500 years ago, when the circular shadow of the of the earth on the moon was one of the earliest pieces of evidence that the earth is a globe.

But, this thread is a genuine thread specifically to find out "How is a lunar eclipse explained on the Flat Earth?" because the explanation in "the Wiki" is quite unsatisfactory and we cannot get any more information from Flat Earthers.

So offer some relevant information or go and start you own thread.

Offline Boots

• ---- Cogito, ergo sum. ---- -Descartes
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 03, 2016, 12:57:18 PM »
<< irrelevant >>

So the explanation I gave is based on the false assumption that the earth is a globe. Since the world is flat this explanation cannot hold. Now what I really want to know is what causes the lunar eclipses we observe from this flat earth of ours.
“There are some ideas so absurd that only an intellectual could believe them.” - George Orwell

geckothegeek

« Reply #32 on: November 03, 2016, 03:17:12 PM »
<< irrelevant >>

So the explanation I gave is based on the false assumption that the earth is a globe. Since the world is flat this explanation cannot hold. Now what I really want to know is what causes the lunar eclipses we observe from this flat earth of ours.

So I guess we will just have fo wait for a FE to explain it. The best answer you usually get is usually "Look it up in the flat earth FAQ or the flat earth wiki."
My apology,  Boots,  but some of us "round earthers"  make a living in the real world. Of course in addition to the pay  checks we get from the government for being "shills" to hide the fact that the earth is flat.

« Reply #33 on: November 03, 2016, 04:36:58 PM »
<< irrelevant >>

I want to know what causes the eclipse to. As I said, we wont find the answer through present-day cosmogony.

geckothegeek

« Reply #34 on: November 03, 2016, 06:28:00 PM »
<< irrelevant >>

I want to know what causes the eclipse to. As I said, we wont find the answer through present-day cosmogony.

The information I posted was the flat earth explanation, "in my own words."
But I am  a round earther and the request was a for flat earther  to respond with a flat earth answer...."in their own words."
« Last Edit: November 05, 2016, 04:25:21 AM by geckothegeek »

Offline rabinoz

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 04, 2016, 03:24:17 AM »
Really and in what way is that evidence of a flat earth.

Imagine you are on a low island with no trees on a perfectly clear day.
If the earth is a globe the horizon we would see a sharp horizon some 5 miles away, depending on the height.

Now a globe is perfectly symmetrical so we see exactly the same sharp horizon all 360° around.

On a flat earth it would be much the same except that the distance to the horizon would now be determined by the limited transparency of the atmoplane, as these flat earthers  keep reminding us. Depending on the conditions, this distance can be tens to a couple of hundred miles.
But, the important thing is that there could now be no sharp horizon, just the fuzzy blur similar to what we see from a mountain.

So, fine, do you experiment and prove that the earth is a Globe.

And even from higher altitudes almost exactly the same thing applies, except that not we are look ever so slightly down on a massive circle of up to hundreds of miles radius, so still very little curvature to see.

geckothegeek

« Reply #36 on: November 04, 2016, 10:48:22 PM »
 This is post #36 and still no FE has explained the lunar eclipse on the flat earth " in their own words."
« Last Edit: November 05, 2016, 04:26:59 AM by geckothegeek »

Offline juner

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 04, 2016, 11:45:34 PM »
This is post #36 and still no FE has explained the lunar eclipse on the flat earth in his own words.

I'd suggest reading the FAQ/wiki.

Offline Rounder

• What in the Sam Hill are you people talking about?
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 05, 2016, 12:14:28 AM »
This is post #36 and still no FE has explained the lunar eclipse on the flat earth in his own words.
I'd suggest reading the question.  The OP asked for an FE willing to engage in discussion about lunar eclipse to "explain in their own words" how it works on the flat earth.  "In their own words" is the key part of the request.  We all know what the wiki has to say, but we cannot hold a conversation with the wiki.
Proud member of İntikam's "Ignore List"
Ok. You proven you are unworthy to unignored. You proven it was a bad idea to unignore you. and it was for me a disgusting experience...Now you are going to place where you deserved and accustomed.
Quote from: SexWarrior
You accuse {FE} people of malice where incompetence suffice

Offline juner

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
How is a lunar eclipse explained on the Flat Earth?
« Reply #39 on: November 05, 2016, 12:40:57 AM »
I'd suggest reading the question.  The OP asked for an FE willing to engage in discussion about lunar eclipse to "explain in their own words" how it works on the flat earth.  "In their own words" is the key part of the request.  We all know what the wiki has to say, but we cannot hold a conversation with the wiki.

Given that you are not the OP, this comment and your preceding one are irrelevant. But good job speaking on behalf of others though.